Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually (25725 Views)

Massive Employment In Line With President Buhari's Promise And Agenda / VP Osinbajo Contradicts Buhari / Jonathan Pledges 2 Million Jobs Annually If Re-Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by theshadyexpress(m): 7:45am On Jan 17, 2015
The Presidential and vice-presidential candidates of Nigeria’s largest opposition party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.) and Prof. Yemi Osinbajo may have contradicted themselves on the job creation policy of their party.

This is because APC had in its Christmas message to Nigerians issued in Abuja by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, promised the nation that it would create 3million year in, year out.
The APC statement in its eight paragraph, said ”Our eight pledges for a better Nigeria, which are highlights of our manifesto, form the core of our social contract with Nigeria. During our first term in office, we pledge to create 3 million new jobs a year through public works programmes and by shifting the economy towards value-added production will be our primary economic target.”

Similarly, on last Tuesday, APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, assured that he would create 3 million jobs every year to tackle unemployment and also jail corrupt politicians.‎

Buhari at a rally in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, to Umana Umana as APC governorship candidate in the state, also stated that “When we come into power, anyone who steals Nigerian money will end up in Kirikiri Maximum Prisons. We are going to make sure that Nigeria’s wealth belongs only to Nigerians.”‎

Buhari’s interesting promise of 3 million jobs every year, is half of what United States President Barack Obama has created in six years of his presidency.

However, APC vice presidential candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has at least on two occasions contradicted the “3 million” statement.

According to him, APC plans to introduce a social security scheme for every elderly or disabled Nigerian, just as he promised that its government will provide “720,000 jobs in its first year”.

Osinbajo stated this last Thursday in Benin City when he met with the people of Edo State where reeled out APC’s social and economic programmes.

Addressing a large crowd at Imaguero College Hall, Osinbajo said, “For the first time in the history of Africa, we are introducing a social security scheme. It means the elderly who are poor and the disabled will be given stipends.

“Now the reason why that is important is because our country has continued to be one of the poorest 35 countries in the world despite our resources. We have 110 million people who are extremely poor, so we need to lift people out of poverty,” said the Professor of Law.

Osinbajo added that the APC will ensure that state governments will, with the backing of the Federal Government that has 52% of the revenue control, employ 20,000 young persons per state acting as an emergency relief.

A day earlier (last Wednesday) at the Osogbo City Stadium, Osun state, Osinbajo made the same statement.

Addressing a crowd at the end of a 10-kilometre walk tagged “Walk for Change Nigeria,” Osinbajo lamented the massive youth unemployment in the country, saying a Buhari-led APC government would tackle this.

“We will provide 20,000 jobs in each of the states of Nigeria when we are elected. We will revive our agricultural sector by providing a ready-made market for farmers and encourage them, as the government will be purchasing their farm produce,” Osinbajo promised.
www.theheraldng.com/osinbajo-contradicts-apc-buharis-promise-3-million-jobs-annually/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by BlackTechnology: 7:47am On Jan 17, 2015
grin

Hahahahaha

25 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by lacasa: 7:49am On Jan 17, 2015
720,000 - 3,000,000

ƗƚƗƚmmm... Let me say

A pretty deecent range for jobs with a serious goveernment in place and a willing president whose government won't steal half the budget

So, still steady

#GMB2015 smiley

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Noble11(m): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2015
Clueless set of people
3million kor 6 billon ni...

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by theshadyexpress(m): 7:59am On Jan 17, 2015
lacasa:
720,000 - 3,000,000

ƗƚƗƚmmm... Let me say

A pretty deecent range for jobs with a serious goveernment in place and a willing president whose government won't steal half the budget

So, still steady

#GMB2015 smiley

APC people no go kill me with laugh ooo dem dey try wella for propaganda,dem fit deceive food critic say shit na moi moi

Abeg GEJ till buhari openly admit he's retarded

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by lacasa: 8:10am On Jan 17, 2015
theshadyexpress:

APC people no go kill me with laugh ooo dem dey try wella for propaganda,dem fit deceive food critic say shit na moi moi

Abeg GEJ till buhari openly admit he's retarded

Where's the Propaganda?

Those numbers r good quotes if the will is there

GEJ's govt steals first then presents ghost jobs second, that's why you see no jobs

The retard is someone who says 'Stealing is not Corruption' and defends/protects thieves to a fault.

That kind of president is dangerous to have

#GMB till GEJ returns the $20Billion tongue

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 17, 2015
CONFUSION IN THE CAMP OF GEJ'S ENEMY.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by ellechrystal(f): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2015
These guys r highly confused.
U c y it's not good to deceive others with lies.
One stupid thing about telling lies without planning just to get votes is that u tend to forget ur lie.
I pray they calm down.
Power isn't by force

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by stebell(m): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2015
Confusion runs in the veins of APC.
That was hw Amaechi went to Abia n said he's Ibo only to go to Lagos and said he's Yoruba.

let me ask in Wike's voice, "pikin wey get papa every where and they change name too na beta pikin be that"?

By 2023, it's Buhari n Fr. Mbaka on a new ticket.

Sai GEJ till 2019.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by ambrosini593(m): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2015
I rather not vote than to waste my vote on buhari.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by theshadyexpress(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2015
I can see APC e-goats avoiding dis thread,they r getting tired of defending their clueless and big for nothing old hag(buhari)

GEJ till buhari eats shit

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by baybeeboi: 8:55am On Jan 17, 2015
theshadyexpress:
This goes to show dat APC is indeed a perty of cofused people just desperate for power

Oya APC people start raining curses on me for exposing ur candidate cluielessness

The other day it was buhari d@ was forgeting his VP name 2day it is d VP a prof of law d@ is forgeting buhari's manifesto

Buncha confused negroes

GEJ till buhari's daughter turns stripper

OHAJURU1, waazmoney,
Kemzone2003, Glocee(f), ovanny15(f), Ayoshaqir
(m), bigmazi, Autolord, zakson4real(m),
pacesetter939, yhuci(m), ceo4eva, laskiomega(m),
OgaMosco(m), arinola8587, yayitifury,
Johnpaul88(m), deejayALFY(m), 2fine2fast(m),
sean079, asha80(m), Bsc(m), abinsco25, ayoman,
sexyglow(f), stnkembu(m), veloce(m),
fergusonclems, cheezy4whizy, Demburrows(m),
tmtech, Etruth, Jckleiin(m), Ucheosefoh(m),
agent22, Wizeboy(m), Daguccizgreat(m), ozo13(m),
kwammy5000(m), FredHandsome(m), NosaHenry
(m), Adexprint(m), kayciano, Jayne2014(f),
manuelzz(m), Wizzaro2014(m), john4reala(m),
cydophobia(m), Realist5, khanivorous(f), samarex
(m), MrTeymee(m), Enasuarez, Pelmet(f), Linqsz
(m), emekadibos, ANAMBRA11, eminent007(m),
irorapsy, tuby(m), kakakent, whyeray, baybeeboi,
solaugo1,lbgr8t1993, firmi(m), roga,
kennytidistar(m), KolaShangOne(m),
aderemi457(m), Cwhyte(m), dragan(m), Fezchima,
drey22, bimpez, dshawn(m), kayloo,
macfreeman007(m), bashorundon(m),
kohlar88(m), godlypaul72, Walspring,
Coldheavens, anonimi, joedrae(m), ilugunboy(m),
Redoil, oshadaves(m), Cutest9gerian(m),
freeanijor, napa(f), 1Dray(m), BTT(m), davelon(m),
rarelaone(m), Drfash(m), alliswell2(m), Atk1nson
(m), kristonal360(m), franky044(m), Fadelex(m),
Hangaa(m), U235weapongrade, Emmerlee(m),
nochio(m), DONFASZY(m), Sheggy13(m), lion042,
Fogman(m), olanshi(m), joeroc,thaw(m), ajbabs(m), Joshcoli
(m), Breegz14(m), olusipimp, innocentchuks,
PerfumeRepublik, as1siddiq, Embosman,
neyobills, fapcrook(m), Matty145(m), Bamz(m),
atiku07(m), sunboy(m), niyi09(m), horlartayor(m),
Splinz(m), whitedove(m), Sunky200(m),
baski92(m), franchizy(m), bola4dprec(m), revolt
(m), eliment(m), shidof(m), youngchopper(m),
Disclaimer, bolajJP007
so why u come d mention me?
Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by theshadyexpress(m): 9:57am On Jan 17, 2015
I knew apc people will avoid this thread

Ngwakwe,obinoscopy abeg move dis to frontpage

26 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by mumumugu(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2015

"Aye"
Le le le
Le le le le le le le
A le le
A le le o le
[Chorus:]
Aa yeee
(Oya shekele)
Aaa yeee
Cause you want my blood o

we no want general
She no want buhari
we say na jona oooooo
he belong to meee
And I belong to him o
buhari
You go killie somebody
They say u have changed
but I dey see blood for your eyes o
Aa for your eyes o

im trouble pass mourinho
She dey vex like marado
mario balo

he like e my blood
he like e my blood
Her favorite killer na spartacus o
spartacus o

And hes to old to see
too old to see I see
buhari just show me ur wassce
Come show me ur wassce
Aaa
Cause nobody imprisons like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do
Nobody can vex e like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do

chorus

[Verse 2:]
The baddest!
Buhari you the baddest
u dey hide ur your asset
sabi bite like suarez
Emergency!

Chorus

https://mumumugu./2015/01/15/davido-latest-song-on-buhari/

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Delafruita(m): 10:55am On Jan 17, 2015
I don't see a contradiction,rather I see an explanation.Osinbanjo says 720,000 will be created "within the first year" in partnership with the states.36 states each employing 20,000 is 720,000.now the partnership with states doesn't limit the FG's efforts which was why he mentioned expanding the frontiers of agriculture which can generate limitless employment.so like I said,I don't see a contradiction.osibanjo simply gave a further explanation so his "720,000 jobs within the first year" is like a minimum.a certainty that will then be improved upon to get to 3million

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by charliebiz(m): 10:57am On Jan 17, 2015
Power desperados.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
who we go believe?

Do they even have a Manifesto?

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by eleojo23: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
No need to quarrel over the figures. The main issue is, HOW will they do that?
Is there a feasible plan for that or is it just election promises?

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by lilprinze: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2015
GEJ till Buhari provides his certificate

32 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Bennyberry(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Easily said than done...to talk dy hard?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Apc filled with liars and schemers

24 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by Isiterere(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
interesting...

All I know is job will be created...

ALL IZZ WELL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by seangy4konji: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
Go and die.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by PerfumeRepublik: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
Talk is cheap. The blabbing of a 8months old baby is more expensive than that of a nigerian politician.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by cliffm43: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
BUHARI WILL FORM MORE BOKO HARAM IN NIGERIA AND EVERYONE WILL BECOME A BOKO HARAM MEMBER....

22 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by ichidodo: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Incoherency and inconsistency has been the hallmark of the APC pres campaign.....Our democracy deserves better.

24 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by expert1000: 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Naija nids change.GEJ til 2019

22 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by onosprince(m): 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2015
Gej for sure

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by ayoola2002(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
@Op, did is what they mean:

President to create 3m job, while vice to create 720, 000 job.

So don't give yourself unnecessary headache.

Don't waste ur vote,

Vote wisely,

Vote APC

Vote GMB

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by koboko69: 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
theshadyexpress:
I knew apc people will avoid this thread

Ngwakwe,obinoscopy abeg move dis to frontpage

they will move it certainly. Especially the deeperlife brother

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Contradicts APC, Buhari’s Promise Of 3 Million Jobs Annually by BonaVIta(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
Uncoordinated group of people, just beginning to watch the reaction that occurs when one mixes old and new wine in the same skin. Throwing a semi-literate and a learned man into a public office and the worst is that the blind is trying to led the vision enabled.

Is it out of sentiments or politics?

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Interactive Session With Women- (live Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Didn’t Apologise To Buhari, Says Lawyer / 2019 Election Update: INEC Officials At Sagamu Testing The Card Readers - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.