Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (992984 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:21am On Feb 25, 2015
Justcul:

bro, the best place to continue your research is to visit www.daad.de/en wink

Thanks, I just looked, only saw information on the courses didn't see anything on how to apply.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 12:24am On Feb 25, 2015
NellyGhenghen:

Thanks, I just looked, only saw information on the courses didn't see anything on how to apply.

there must be a link to the school website or better still, copy the school and program name and then use google to search for it
Hope that helps.

as always, my 2 euros!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:28am On Feb 25, 2015
Justcul:

there must be a link to the school website or better still, copy the school and program name and then use google to search for it
Hope that helps.

as always, my 2 euros!

Yah thanks mann. i'll send em a mail. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 12:34am On Feb 25, 2015
@all, hope you guys are all doing good grin German food no gree me visit this thread.. swine meat full here walahi angry

the meat they cheap pass chicken sef, chicken also cheap pass beef (1kg= euro 2.50-3.0). the only thing u can not get at the supermarket is garri and egusi (very expensive at the african shops arround) grin

If you have to buy a new laptop for ur study, pls i'm begging you, dont waste your money in naija. you could get a new lappy here for euros 250-300 cheesy

as always, my 2 euros!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 1:03am On Feb 25, 2015
Justcul:

In as much as i value your opinions on this thread my dear eke, the bolded "might not be correct".
there are many schools whose programs have not been listed on daad.de and they are very well recognized. some programms might be in german thats why you may not find them on the site.

Some other good schools and research institutes also offer good courses and are not listed on daad.

You just have to keep searching through the internet and with God all things are possible

as always, my 2 euros!

Thank God for saying "SOME PROGRAMMES MIGHT BE IN GERMAN"

For someone who is Nigerian and can't say a word in German, when you filter your search to "100% English taught without asking for at least A1 in German" and other things which applies only to an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT or INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME with NO TUITION FEE, you will realise that 9 out of 10 times that you will likely find the programme on daad than anywhere else, thus my stance. I have come across the 1 out of 10 situations too but trust me (safe estimates, before you come across 1 of such, you would have seen 50 on DAAD.

Whichever way, long time no see bro, how Bremen?
You done dey count 2 euros, no more kobos.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 4:32am On Feb 25, 2015
I'm not sure of other schools that offer those courses but you should follow what Eke asked you to. www.daad.de/en for courses and schools.
If it isn't listed on daad then I don't thik it exists. Check it out
hadassaheke:
@ Danindia i was thinking of medical physics, but so far i saw only two schs (lmu n heidelberg) dat offer m.sc. And heidelberg pay 2500 euro per semester.....so pls if u knw of any oda sch pls il like to knw dem. tnks...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 4:37am On Feb 25, 2015
Justcul, is that so ?
I think you might be right. I remember I once did a course search on daad.de and I didn't find anything on it but when I googled, I found about 8 of it listed but most of them were taught in german courses. Not so sure as to why so but your comment has got me thinking that's possible but on the other hand, EKE might be right too. He mentioned 90% which means that courses that are not listed on daad.de might exist too wink
Justcul:

In as much as i value your opinions on this thread my dear eke, the bolded "might not be correct".
there are many schools whose programs have not been listed on daad.de and they are very well recognized. some programms might be in german thats why you may not find them on the site.

Some other good schools and research institutes also offer good courses and are not listed on daad.

You just have to keep searching through the internet and with God all things are possible

as always, my 2 euros!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 6:16am On Feb 25, 2015
ehcenihc:
admission@uni-oldenburg.de

Thanks much bro #Maximum Respect !!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XpensiveT(m): 6:23am On Feb 25, 2015
Eke40seven:

I have a friend in that department in Oldenburg who went to make enquiries on behalf of someone with a very high GP (4.12), the person is also here and the report was that for the summer semester, there is no admission but he will be considered for the next semester automatically without a need to reapply.

The summer admission is very restricted and it is confirmed already. So, if you have gotten nothing at this point then your wait may be futile. The best you can get is an automatic consideration for the winter admission

My 2 cowries!

Thanks oga Eke40seven.. I know of the guy you talking about (Chief Hollaytan). He already told me about the response he got from Oldenburg. Am just worried all applicants are getting response from the skul nd i did not. I wanna mail them just to know my stand.

Maximum Respect for your comment sir
#GodBless
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2015
@eke,
My brother, Bremen has been good. It wasn't easy at the beginning but God saw me through.

I wish you all the best in your search for schools and victory in your interviews!

Make sure you have enough money to help you adapt smoothly at the beginning before you find your way here.

As always , my 2 euros!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
Please someone should help me out here oh! Is there anyone in University of Bonn, or a prospective student
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
Williamso:
Please someone should help me out here oh! Is there anyone in University of Bonn, or a prospective student
I am a prospective student cos I'll be applying to the school
Any problem?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 5:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Guys abeg i have been following this thread along time ago,till i got my admission to study in Brandenburg last year 2014.i deferred my admission for 2015 winter. any person like that here?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Chars1289: 6:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hello ause.Hop you are aware of the upcoming event at Goethe institute tomorrow.

Representatives of Goethe-Institut Nigeria, the German Consulate General as well as the DAAD (Deutsche Akademischer Austauschdienst) will present information about studying in Germany, and basic requirements as regards visa applications and scholarships. This forum is also a platform for questions and answers for all interested participants.

Date: Thursday, 26.02.2015.
Time: 12PM
Venue: GOETHE-INSTITUT NIGERIA, 4th Floor, Lagos City Hall, 30 Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island.
Free Entry!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
cahnellven:

I am a prospective student cos I'll be applying to the school
Any problem?

Have you already applied? Did you use the online application platform?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
Williamso:

Have you already applied? Did you use the online application platform?

About to apply ,and i'll be using the online platform . I've already checked the application protocol and it looked pretty straightforward .No complications whatsoever .there are a lot of fields to be filled and a single pdf upload comprising of all your documents.
Are you encountering any difficulties?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
i applied to the same school for the same program, am yet to get any mail stating the status of my application

ehcenihc:
@adenjnr its uni oldenburg MSc Microbiology
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
cahnellven:

About to apply ,and i'll be using the online platform . I've already checked the application protocol and it looked pretty straightforward .No complications whatsoever .there are a lot of fields to be filled and a single pdf upload comprising of all your documents.
Are you encountering any difficulties?

I don't understand the part where they said your transcript must be converted to the ECTS system else your application will be rejected. I even mailed them and they said the same thing. Also said if that's not possible, I should upload an official document explaining our credit system... That's the part I don't get. Don't know where to get that official document as my school said that cannot be done. Other than that, the application procedure is quite straightforward. Knowing that the program I'm going for is not restricted, I want to get everything right so as to have a 100% chance of being accepted.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bethiano(m): 7:34am On Feb 26, 2015
Obiwannn:

lol . I feel or pain bro.
had same complaints from my frustratingly useless school.
even had to go to the exams and records of my mumu scgool where it cost me 1k. per language of instruction doc issued
applied for 4 L of instruction since December. till now no show.
I just vwx go write ielts make dem enemies of progress. carry their wahala De go.

go. to your exams and records. they also issue. l. of. I

Hope say no be UNN u dey talk about, if na UNN, u probably did the wrong thing.
And abeg if na UNN, abeg retrieve Ur statement cos UNN na better school oooo, although them get wahala sometimes sha.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bethiano(m): 7:51am On Feb 26, 2015
eldav:
Guys can I use uni assist to send many applications with just one time payment? Or should I post the applications one by one?

Eke! This is why I don't like the way u respond to ppls questions, u spoon feed ppl a lot.
What stops this fellow from reading all this from Unassit website?

The last time some one asked if he will do intpl passport for toefl,and how much is intl passport in lagos. And Eke you where just responding like one over zealous helper. Because soon they will also ask u how much is jamb form and pampers.
What does it cost this fellow to ask or even go immigration website and be sure no body is giving him wrong info.

Eke this culture is not good for this thread. Its making a lot of ppl lazy. They do not read or check things out again they just come and ask all manner of questions.

This was what naijaobi, and the likes were against, I remember the days of breast milk and cerelac... When lazy group members were given cerelac.

Eke! I am in full support of your leadership and help here, but caution is needed, so as not to encourage laziness.

Ppl come with the logic that reading those long pages is stressful and that we should just answer and not insult. Well I am against insult, but I will like whom ever to read a minimum of 30 pages, preferably btw 300-400 of the last thread before asking any question.

Pls let's not turn here to a playground for small bois.

Our country is sliding down, a lot of our peers are interested in quick and easy get goodies. Am not against that though, but it must not be a perpetual wanting, else we loose this generation and the next.

Eke! I hope u understand my point.

Ppl should learn to read and understand things.

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Bethiano(m): 8:14am On Feb 26, 2015
pompido:
Hello House,

Great greetings to all the ogas at the top (justwise, nevilbot,eke40seven and others), i dey hail oo.

I have been silently following this thread and have read most of thread 1 and of course up to date on thread 2.

I have applied to a couple of universities (online) and only need to send my documents which is being delayed because I want to send a recent transcript instead of the one i have which is dated a couple of years ago.

I would really like anyone with experience in the admission process of Uni of Stuttgart to enlighten me because after applying online (Info Tech, MSc), I was contacted that I scaled the first phase and that I only send a pdf copy of my transcript which i did (CGPA 3.71). I was then emailed that a decision report will be sent on or around March 1, 2015 which will indicate qualification to the next stage or disqualification. I did send them a mail today to try and figure out if the decision will mean admittance pending documentation and others or if it is simply to qualify to another evaluation stage. This is why i need anyone that is familiar with their process to shine more light.

I also did ask if they have gotten my TOEFL (scored 107) report from ETS but they just left out that part because I am hoping that my TOEFL will also add more butter to my bread at their end.

I am married and will be hoping to have my family (wife (B.Sc Bus. Admin) and toddler son) tag along because 2 years is too long a time to be away from them ooo. From responses to Sekinat's questions, I see that a total of 16,100euros is needed in block account (correct or not?) to cover for all Dependants.My question is that if I can provide the money, is it doable to have my family come along with me (if all goes as plan by God's grace)?

I submitted to Stuttgart, Offenburg, TUM and Hamburg for now. I would also like a bit of analysis on the four and what my chances are at first glance.

Thanks to everyone that has been contributing to this thread, God bless.

Sir, I love you. Thank your for reading through.
This has made ur question specific and wanting direct answers.

Eke this is what am talking about, can't you see that the brother here made reference to a similar case? You see why reading through should be encouraged.

Wow, brother I want to bless God for you.

Well, this is my thought?

Since u are going with your family, I will penetrate the mind of the visa officer here in naija to get u prepared and give u an idea of how/what to plan.

What will your wife be doing while you study, probably taking care of the baby. How much of German does she know to enable her buy and sell, access medical services and integrate into the german society? (I think she should enrol for a german class)

I think you will be needing more money, cause you wife and child will need more than 8k wch is for students and its associated benefits like health insurance and free transport. But for you wife and child, it will not be the same.

Kindly study german laws and regulations for nursing foreign mothers. For germans, I know the government takes care of german citizens and residents.
For "you" your purpose is study, for your wife its what? Relocation or what? I believe the question will be...after your studies, what next ? Are you going to come back or remain with your fam in germany? I know this is the plan, but then the embassy will see this truth and need you to fulfill the demands of family relocation.

Well 4- 5 million is reasonable sha... But I don't know what the germans will make of it.

Wish you good luck not CHANGE or BADLUCK either from People deceiving people or all past criminals

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 9:18am On Feb 26, 2015
Bethiano,

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but, do keep one thing in mind - not everyone is as internet savvy as you.
Many people, most especially beginners/first timers, have a hard time as to where or how to gather whatever information they require. And most websites you come across are loaded with outdated info (I'm not saying Uni-assist is).
And I'd encourage for a beginner to rely on information from people with experiences than ever agreeing to whatever they find on a website. I've seen cases where a system is changed, and this changes are not made on the website. You'd be surprised you walk up to the office and they tell you the system has changed and you're like "nothing says so on your website" Well, blame the webmaster.

Thanks for your input though. A good one for people to not be lazy as to letting others do their work for them, but, when it comes to traveling and visa acquisition, you'll not find all the info you need on a website.

@eldav,
Take time to read through the FAQ section of a website if you need any information. There is a high chance that the question you have may already have been answered.
This is the answer to your question.
I apply to several universities. How many sets of documents do I have to submit to uni-assist?

We only need one set of documents. Your documents must fulfil all requirements of all universities you wish to apply for. Note that usually all documents have to be certified and submitted in paper form.

Please do not send additional copies, neither certified nor simple copies. We provide your application documents only electronically, your paper documents will be archived at uni-assist's. Expendable copies cause unnecessary work (for us) and additional costs (for you).

However, this does not apply to application forms: You have to submit a separate signed application form for each university you would like to apply for.

Source: http://www.uni-assist.de/FAQ-en.html#I%20apply%20to%20several%20universities.%20How%20many%20sets%20of%20documents%20do%20I%20have%20to%20submit%20to%20uni-assist?
Bethiano:

Eke! This is why I don't like the way u respond to ppls questions, u spoon feed ppl a lot.
What stops this fellow from reading all this from Unassit website?

The last time some one asked if he will do intpl passport for toefl,and how much is intl passport in lagos. And Eke you where just responding like one over zealous helper. Because soon they will also ask u how much is jamb form and pampers.
What does it cost this fellow to ask or even go immigration website and be sure no body is giving him wrong info.

Eke this culture is not good for this thread. Its making a lot of ppl lazy. They do not read or check things out again they just come and ask all manner of questions.

This was what naijaobi, and the likes were against, I remember the days of breast milk and cerelac... When lazy group members were given cerelac.

Eke! I am in full support of your leadership and help here, but caution is needed, so as not to encourage laziness.

Ppl come with the logic that reading those long pages is stressful and that we should just answer and not insult. Well I am against insult, but I will like whom ever to read a minimum of 30 pages, preferably btw 300-400 of the last thread before asking any question.

Pls let's not turn here to a playground for small bois.

Our country is sliding down, a lot of our peers are interested in quick and easy get goodies. Am not against that though, but it must not be a perpetual wanting, else we loose this generation and the next.

Eke! I hope u understand my point.

Ppl should learn to read and understand things.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by donezra(m): 11:14am On Feb 26, 2015
Chars1289:
Hello ause.Hop you are aware of the upcoming event at Goethe institute tomorrow.

Representatives of Goethe-Institut Nigeria, the German Consulate General as well as the DAAD (Deutsche Akademischer Austauschdienst) will present information about studying in Germany, and basic requirements as regards visa applications and scholarships. This forum is also a platform for questions and answers for all interested participants.

Date: Thursday, 26.02.2015.
Time: 12PM
Venue: GOETHE-INSTITUT NIGERIA, 4th Floor, Lagos City Hall, 30 Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island.
Free Entry!

Please for our brothers and sisters in Lagos and its environs, help us and attend this event and give us feedback here. God bless and strengthen you.

# winteronmymind
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 11:17am On Feb 26, 2015
Williamso:

I don't understand the part where they said your transcript must be converted to the ECTS system else your application will be rejected. I even mailed them and they said the same thing. Also said if that's not possible, I should upload an official document explaining our credit system... That's the part I don't get. Don't know where to get that official document as my school said that cannot be done. Other than that, the application procedure is quite straightforward. Knowing that the program I'm going for is not restricted, I want to get everything right so as to have a 100% chance of being accepted.

Thanks.
I think that ETCS conversion requirements is applicable only in your programme of choice, cos it wasn't stated anywhere in the online application form of my prospective programme.
Though I'm not entirely sure,but 1 year of study =60 ECTS, you can base your conversion on that .
In Nigeria, one credit unit is equal to one weekly hour class and one laboratory weekly hour ( if applicable) .
You can also use the aforesaid system as credible explanation of your credit system.
Best of luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bosakelvin(m): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
DanIndia:
Justcul, is that so ?
I think you might be right. I remember I once did a course search on daad.de and I didn't find anything on it but when I googled, I found about 8 of it listed but most of them were taught in german courses. Not so sure as to why so but your comment has got me thinking that's possible but on the other hand, EKE might be right too. He mentioned 90% which means that courses that are not listed on daad.de might exist too wink
bro i collected a recommendation letter from a lecturer in my school today, i decided to open it and check but to my suprise it was neither stamped nor signed. just want to know if this is d standard procedure,cos others i posted i did not check.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2015
Like it wasn't signed at all ?? It doesn't have his name written anywhere he could sign against ?? Is it at least drafted on the School's letterhead ? It would look unofficial if it wasn't signed at all. You'll have to try asking him to sign it.
bosakelvin:
bro i collected a recommendation letter from a lecturer in my school today, i decided to open it and check but to my suprise it was neither stamped nor signed. just want to know if this is d standard procedure,cos others i posted i did not check.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by terryo1: 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
@ Sekinatmi, I sent u a pm.... i'm d guy in Ulm

Eke40seven:

Good! scholars everywhere. You should be able to cope then. However, there is a guy there I mentioned before, he was the best graduating student in his department, (coincidentally, statistics) and he is looking for a way to "port" as the problem is more of content than ease of the course. Just brush your self in algebra and core engineering mathematics. The coordinator told me same too because I was once interested in the course too. However people are different. I also have no doubts you will be accepted it you send all required documents.
I wish you well.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 5:40pm On Feb 26, 2015
cahnellven:

I think that ETCS conversion requirements is applicable only in your programme of choice, cos it wasn't stated anywhere in the online application form of my prospective programme.
Though I'm not entirely sure,but 1 year of study =60 ECTS, you can base your conversion on that .
In Nigeria, one credit unit is equal to one weekly hour class and one three laboratory weekly hour ( if applicable) .
You can also use the aforesaid system as credible explanation of your credit system.
Best of luck

Thanks. Sucks for me though. I'm applying to Computer science (MSc). What about you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ndyoo(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Justcul:
@all, hope you guys are all doing good grin German food no gree me visit this thread.. swine meat full here walahi angry

the meat they cheap pass chicken sef, chicken also cheap pass beef (1kg= euro 2.50-3.0). the only thing u can not get at the supermarket is garri and egusi (very expensive at the african shops arround) grin

If you have to buy a new laptop for ur study, pls i'm begging you, dont waste your money in naija. you could get a new lappy here for euros 250-300 cheesy

as always, my 2 euros!

Does that include apple laptops? Cos dis my laptop done dey give me headache and I dey reason buy another one. I need further details on the bolded
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ndyoo(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
terryo1:
@ Sekinatmi, I sent u a pm.... i'm d guy in Ulm

Finally, I have been able to convince this one to come back to nairaland...runaway soldier, welcome abode grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.