Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (993918 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oligee: 10:05am On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Shoes which are higher than usual and a bit thick. Buy them a bit bigger than ur size cause u will need very very thick socks in the winter. Maybe something like that?
Wow! a very good advice. I saw one at a very good price, but because the size is slightly more than me I didnt buy it. I would rush there on Monday to grab it. I hope it is still there. Guys make una dey visit Aldi stores as advised by Zeeblamj. They've got some discounted items. Check the middle row,that's where they have the discounted articles for the week. This may not apply in every Aldi shop though.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shalomp: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

I would advise u travel, get ur residence permit and then come back and stay till u are ready. Cause if u didnt even use a visa, how can u renew it?

Thank you zeeblamj01 for yor reply but the problem is that the person that suppose to give me stay over there has some problems, so I dont know if anything can still be done? :-
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2015
shalomp:

Thank you zeeblamj01 for yor reply but the problem is that the person that suppose to give me stay over there has some problems, so I dont know if anything can still be done? :-
I dont understand what u mean.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shalomp: 10:21am On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:
I dont understand what u mean.
I mean my hubby have some issues over there
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:28am On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Whats even more suicidal is walking a long distance in the winter . And if there is a storm, u will remember all the sad times in ur life. Lol. Na cry go hit u on that walk oo

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... This is cracking me up right here cheesy cheesy

I dey go Deichmann right away ooooo.. Make I close eye buy better boot. This one NA necessity oooooo

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2015
shalomp:

I mean my hubby have some issues over there
To be honest I do not know . But I think it should be possible for u to renew it ... maybe u should send them a mail jist to be sure. Since ur visa is already approved, I dont think it should matter so much. And as a married person joining her husband, they have no choice but to give u a visa. Its ur right.
If u believe these issues cannot be sorted out within the three months that ur visa holds, then tall the embassy before hand. I cant advise u on this... I dont really know... maybe u shouldnt have stamped the visa. U should have waited till anyday u are certain before picking it up.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 11:08am On Oct 11, 2015
Duck is just too tough u can at least compensate ur lack of ur fav meat with sausages
Zeeblamj01:

Try eating Ente(duck). Sweeter than chicken by like 90 percent lol. Also goose... gist me after u have eaten them oo. Lol .. chicken is tiring to be honest. In naija almost all of us eat chicken at least 2 times a week. Thats
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by shalomp: 11:10am On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

To be honest I do not know . But I think it should be possible for u to renew it ... maybe u should send them a mail jist to be sure. Since ur visa is already approved, I dont think it should matter so much. And as a married person joining her husband, they have no choice but to give u a visa. Its ur right.
If u believe these issues cannot be sorted out within the three months that ur visa holds, then tall the embassy before hand. I cant advise u on this... I dont really know... maybe u shouldnt have stamped the visa. U should have waited till anyday u are certain before picking it up.

Thank you very much. God bless your kind soul

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2015
jaegermesiter:
Duck is just too tough u can at least compensate ur lack of ur fav meat with sausages
If u know how to prepare duck, its not touch at all... sausages and me, no way. Lol.
Hehe I am preparing duck sef at the moment with red cabbage, potatoes and champignons. Come join me chop when e ready oo...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
oligee:

Fine o! We still dey learn.
started lectures?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Try eating Ente(duck). Sweeter than chicken by like 90 percent lol. Also goose... gist me after u have eaten them oo. Lol .. chicken is tiring to be honest. In naija almost all of us eat chicken at least 2 times a week. Thats
Is Ente the german name for it? Any idea on how much it will cost?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

If u know how to prepare duck, its not touch at all... sausages and me, no way. Lol.
Hehe I am preparing duck sef at the moment with red cabbage, potatoes and champignons. Come join me chop when e ready oo...
Omoh, you get time to cook sha..Kai, women...sha post pics and the recipe when you're done, so that I fit try cook am during my spare time or when I have a very important visitor.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
Will there be beer??
Zeeblamj01:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
jaegermesiter:

Will there be beer??
No.we are drinking Federweisser
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
futurewise11:
Dear Sir,

your visa application has been received.

Please note that, in order to complete your application, we are still in need of a confirmation by Deutsche Bank stating that the required amount has been credited to your blocked account. Kindly submit this confirmation as soon as you have it.

You are welcome to send the document as an e-mail attachment (.pdf)!

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely yours,

Visa Section (Wo)

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Lagos

15, Walter Carrington Crescent

Victoria Island, Lagos

Federal Republic of Nigeria

Tel.: +234-1-280 99

After interview and exam at the german embassy my brother recieve this email. Please should we expect positive or negative outcome?
am going to the bank now to credit his DBank account

Pls guys is crediting the Deutsche Bank account as easy as requesting a transfer from your euro dorm account? Or is there more to it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

Omoh, you get time to cook sha..Kai, women...sha post pics and the recipe when you're done, so that I fit try cook am during my spare time or when I have a very important visitor.
Um well I dunno duck is a bit cost. 10 euros for 1 k.g or something. Not so sure.
What I do is I put it on a surface and massage it a lil bit... then I put the pieces in a bowl, add olive oil, black and white pepper, salt , thyme and rosemary. After massaging all this in, I leave them in the bowl for about two hours...
Then I take out the potatoes( u can boil it or fry or whatever u want). The red cabbage I cook with salt and sugar to taste. U can add apples for a perfect taste when finished. Champignons u fry with little oil and salt with finely chopped onions .
Back to the duck, put a pan on the cooking plate and turn it on to the highest level. Put the duck in ( no need for oil cause of the oil on the duck) , fry it on each side for 4 minutes like steak and then take it out. U can then cook in the oven at 200 degrees for another 30 minutes depending on how u like ur meat... if u like it half cooked like steak, 15 minutes. After 25 minutes, being out of the oven and then brush some honey on the both sides . Put it back and then finally remove after 5 minutes. If u do not like ur meat brownish, then dont fry before. Just put the meat in the oven from the bowl. Happy eating!!
By the way my chanpignon is missing. We were too hungry so we skipped it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Obiwannn:
Is Ente the german name for it? Any idea on how much it will cost?
Yes Ente is the German name for it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by GottSeiDank: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Nice one @Zeeblamj01 I didn't even know duck is edible. It looks yummy already (Das ist lecker). Lol, all those ducks that catwalk around my area are now in trouble. grin
P. S Will this be enough for you guys cos I can finish five plates of that
If this is the quantity of food I will be consuming in Deutschland, then I need to increase the quantity of garri am gonna be bringing. Till then Sha. wink
Zeeblamj01:

Um well I dunno duck is a bit cost. 10 euros for 1 k.g or something. Not so sure.
What I do is I put it on a surface and massage it a lil bit... then I put the pieces in a bowl, add olive oil, black and white pepper, salt , thyme and rosemary. After massaging all this in, I leave them in the bowl for about two hours...
Then I take out the potatoes( u can boil it or fry or whatever u want). The red cabbage I cook with salt and sugar to taste. U can add apples for a perfect taste when finished. Champignons u fry with little oil and salt with finely chopped onions .
Back to the duck, put a pan on the cooking plate and turn it on to the highest level. Put the duck in ( no need for oil cause of the oil on the duck) , fry it on each side for 4 minutes like steak and then take it out. U can then cook in the oven at 200 degrees for another 30 minutes depending on how u like ur meat... if u like it half cooked like steak, 15 minutes. After 25 minutes, being out of the oven and then brush some honey on the both sides . Put it back and then finally remove after 5 minutes. If u do not like ur meat brownish, then dont fry before. Just put the meat in the oven from the bowl. Happy eating!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
GottSeiDank:
Nice one @Zeeblamj01 I didn't even know duck is edible. It looks yummy already (Das ist lecker). Lol, all those ducks that catwalk around my area are now in trouble. grin
If this is the quantity of food I will be consuming in Deutschland, then I need to increase the quantity of garri am gonna be bringing. Till then Sha. wink
Lol dont kill me oo... thats 500 grams of meat each.. its quite heavy in my opinion.. anyway we dont eat so much.. but u can prepare more. Lol. All na choice

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2015
This is not a meal..this is you jus wanting to keep ur mouth busy,the average african man eats a whole elephant and one big pot of eba when hungry and he is served this......chai I pity all my guys for germany o,well there's hot fresh bread and thick crust spicy pizza

Zeeblamj01
post=38883378:

Lol dont kill me oo... thats 500 grams of meat each.. its quite heavy in my opinion.. anyway we dont eat so much.. but u can prepare more. Lol. All na choice

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jaegermesiter: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
Pigeon is more yummy

GottSeiDank:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
cahnellven:

I think Union Bank is really stress free as regards the blocked account stuff . BTW, check your school's/department's website, there might be a breakdown of expenses waiting for you to download
is crediting the Deutsche Bank account as easy as requesting a transfer from your euro dorm account? Or is there more to it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
OlaoChi:
is crediting the Deutsche Bank account as easy as requesting a transfer from your euro dorm account? Or is there more to it?

u don't need a dorm account really. You can fund ur DB acct right from your savings account. Just go to the bank and request for Form A. Your normal savings/current account will be debited in naira @ cbn's exchange rate and your DB acct will be credited in euros. I'm sure of Union Bank, UBA, Sterling, Stanbic & Fidelity. A lot of peeps on this forum have used the listed banks and they were able to carry out their transactions smoothly. Going by other peoples' experience, i'll advice u not to use GTB, First bank and Diamond bank for any reason whatsoever.

My Ogas in the house can definitely enlighten you further.

Shalom!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2015
acedboss:

u don't need a dorm account really. You can fund ur DB acct right from your savings account. Just go to the bank and request for Form A. Your normal savings/current account will be debited in naira @ cbn's exchange rate and your DB acct will be credited in euros. I'm sure of Union Bank, UBA, Sterling, Stanbic & Fidelity. A lot of peeps on this forum have used the listed banks and they were able to carry out their transactions smoothly. Going by other peoples' experience, i'll advice u not to use GTB, First bank and Diamond bank for any reason whatsoever.

Shalom!

Ja Genau.

Olaochi, The information is right there for you to consume. zenith bank also does Form A. its called invincible form A transaction.

wishing all visa hopeful and blocked account funding all the best. I smell many more testimonies this week and beyond.

also wishing every students the best in their academic pursuit as most classes resumes this week

Gemeinsam Sind wir stark
Together, we are strong

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fapper(m): 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
dolpaz:

Ja Genau.

Olaochi, The information is right there for you to consume. zenith bank also does Form A. its called invincible form A transaction.

wishing all visa hopeful and blocked account funding all the best. I smell many more testimonies this week and beyond.

also wishing every students the best in their academic pursuit as most classes resumes this week

Gemeinsam Sind wir stark
Together, we are strong

Amen ooooooo Bro,more testimony IJN...vielen dank..we must join d Bus
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Bookmarked. Surely trying this out soon.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2015
aibee01:

All sorted....Got accommodation with studentenwerk even before my interview.... insha Allah will be moving soon....as my bosses don dey go one by one.

Sir, are you in Germany now? How's the accommodation with studentenwerk cus I'm planning on following same route
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2015
acedboss:

Shalom!
Thanks for reply

I have ecobank dorm account that's why I asked plus I've transfered to uni assist with this method once (although with a little help)
This form A stuff I'm just knowing about it from this thread. ..nd nobody seems to have tested ecobank
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
Good day to the general house. Happy Sunday to you all. God will face us and do good unto us this new week, may His grace, mercy and favour locate us and meet us at our point of need in Jesus name. I have a debatable suggestion to make. Looking at the past 3-4 pages, it is and was full of "survival, survival and survival in Germany thereby shifting the attention away from the primary aim and objective of this particular thread despite the fact that we have a thread that talks about survival in Germany which is "Nigerian students in Germany, How do you survive?". https://www.nairaland.com/1349729/nigerian-students-germany..how-survive. Though this is highly needed for us to know how to prepare ourselves in term of all these things that are being discussed regarding food/clothing/survival and you guys are doing a great and wonderful job in that aspect. However,can we just resuscitate the thread that deal with these things back and start discussing the issues there: Those things we need for our day to day activities, food, clothing, accommodation, hustling and so on and so fort. Reading 4-5 pages and it is all about food/clothing/survival etc when there is a thread for that and nothing about getting admission, opening and funding block acct stuff and other necessary and basic things needed to study in Germany may make it boring for readers or followers. This is my opinion though. God bless you all. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
Would you advise booking for flight before the interview and presenting the reservation at the interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2015
OlaoChi:

Pls guys is crediting the Deutsche Bank account as easy as requesting a transfer from your euro dorm account? Or is there more to it?

Yes,they debit your euro domiciliary account and credit your your Deutsche bank account.

FUTUREWISE11

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.