Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (992692 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
cahnellven:

congratulations ,my Oga at the top.

How's your hood?

fine o...
we' thank God 4 his mercies.

your transcript ready yet?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadura29(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
@ebele17 how will I get it across to you....

ebele17:

@hadura, i will try my best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
Obiwannn:

fine o...
we' thank God 4 his mercies.

your transcript ready yet?

Nope, but it should be ready before long. You know all those guys with their diplomatic excesses . All is well anyway.

Many thanks for your role...............
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worryless: 4:18pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hello House,

i am in Berlin,can help with any info or help that you might need in this area,let me give back to the society in my own lil way..oga justwise please no delete me ooo if i cross border i will appreciate if you can call my attention to it.

So house,if you have any questions regarding living in Berlin,schools,settling down once you are here then ask if openly and i will do my best to respond.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
worryless:
Hello House,

You are new poster
Are you copying my name to look good like me?
Or trying to steal my fame?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worryless: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2015
New poster indeed grin grin grin grin i have been on nairaland even before you dreamt of registering and wait is worry a Nigerian ,if so which tribe are u? but bros i beg do ur own make i do mine oo i no want ur ITK attitude u can shove it elsewhere na beg i dey beg u

worry359:

You are new poster
Are you copying my name to look good like me?
Or trying to steal my fame?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
So why does your profile say only two posts? Joined on March 23rd.
Were you on with another name?
Prehaps banned for some reason?
your comment is now even more suspicious.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Comedy half hour grin

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
worry359:
So why does your profile say only two posts? Joined on March 23rd.
Were you on with another name?
Prehaps banned for some reason?
your comment is now even more suspicious.
Orishirishi sha, but lets move on
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Good evening house... One of my applications which I mailed on Friday got delivered this morning (according to tracking information). Isn't it supposed to be common practice that I get an acknowledgement email? I'm just curious because I got acknowledgement from another school when theirs got delivered, and I wouldn't want my application being in the wrong hand.

It's University of Hamburg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Williamso:
Good evening house... One of my applications which I mailed on Friday got delivered this morning (according to tracking information). Isn't it supposed to be common practice that I get an acknowledgement email? I'm just curious because I got acknowledgement from another school when theirs got delivered, and I wouldn't want my application being in the wrong hand.

It's University of Hamburg.
from my own experience, I think that some schools dont send acknowledgement, you can only know about the status of your application via their on-line portal, but the mail was delivered yesterday, it may take them time to reply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cole001: 9:04am On Mar 24, 2015
Good Morning to everyone. My sincere appreciation goes to everyone that has been contributing to this threas Eke40seveb,Justwise and all other gurus! I hail of you. I thank you sooo much. All the answers I gave @ the embassy during my interview was culled from what EKE40SEVEN gave in the Part1 of this thread. Thanks to Everybody.God shall surely perfect everything concerning your applications and visa processing in Jesus name. I GOT MY VISA TO ULM UNIVERSITY last week.Thanks to everybody. I will surely table how I went through the application with ULM University and Visa Interview in my next post. Thanks to Everyone.Every comment posted is always useful during visa interview,please let's take note.Thanks my Greatest Nairalanders! God Bless You all.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2015
Rayhut:

from my own experience, I think that some schools dont send acknowledgement, you can only know about the status of your application via their on-line portal, but the mail was delivered yesterday, it may take them time to reply

Thanks. Their online portal is still same. Maybe I should give a little time.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2015
Cole001:
Good Morning to everyone. My sincere appreciation goes to everyone that has been contributing to this threas Eke40seveb,Justwise and all other gurus! I hail of you. I thank you sooo much. All the answers I gave @ the embassy during my interview was culled from what EKE40SEVEN gave in the Part1 of this thread. Thanks to Everybody.God shall surely perfect everything concerning your applications and visa processing in Jesus name. I GOT MY VISA TO ULM UNIVERSITY last week.Thanks to everybody. I will surely table how I went through the application with ULM University and Visa Interview in my next post. Thanks to Everyone.Every comment posted is always useful during visa interview,please let's take note.Thanks my Greatest Nairalanders! God Bless You all.

Congratulations bro!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 10:54am On Mar 24, 2015
Cole001:

Congrats...... More testimonies we plead!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by busky101(m): 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
R.i.p to the victims of the german plane that crashed this morning, the plane was en-route dusseldorf from barcelona, crashed in france.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
hello guys,

So how much are we paying into the blocked account as at today; considering the exchange rate? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
takeastep:
hello guys,

So how much are we paying into the blocked account as at today; considering the exchange rate? Thanks
Nothing much has changed . It should be 1.8million naira, +/- 60k naira . The naira hasn't fell much against the euro, or should i say the euro is falling at an alarming rate against the dollar .

Official exchange rate according to web indices is about 215 naira per euro .
Banks and resellers sales value should be between 225-235.

I hope it remains so or get even better.....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kbibro: 6:53pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hello house, I am very new to this section and I find it very interesting on how people here help each other. Please I need information on doing Ph.d In Germany particularly in my area which is environmental sustainability. Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
kbibro:
Hello house, I am very new to this section and I find it very interesting on how people here help each other. Please I need information on doing Ph.d In Germany particularly in my area which is environmental sustainability. Cheers

People here like to help folk that have helped themself.
It would be good to read back through the section on Germany which will help you understand the system.
Then use Google and search on line type "phd in germany environmental sustainability"
you will see many links that you can follow for facts.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=phd+in+germany+environmental+sustainability&oq=phd+in+germany+environmental+sustainability&gs_l=hp.12...2211.2211.0.4038.2.2.0.0.0.0.174.295.0j2.2.0.msedr...0...1c.2.62.hp..2.0.0.0.dO0mFgjG7vE
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
cahnellven:

Nothing much has changed . It should be 1.8million naira, +/- 60k naira . The naira hasn't fell much against the euro, or should i say the euro is falling at an alarming rate against the dollar .

Official exchange rate according to web indices is about 215 naira per euro .
Banks and resellers sales value should be between 225-235.
Please, where do u think I can get the best deal as to buying euro. The mallam I approached yesterday offered 240 which is way expensive.

I hope it remains so or get even better.....
Please do you know where I can get the best possible deal in buying Euro. The mallam I approached yesterday offered 240 which is easy expensive.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, I applied for a bach programme in SRH hoschulen in berlin and got to realize that the very programme wld in SRH campus in dresden.Any member of dz forum ever stayed, wants to stay or have someone that stays or stayed in dresden. Hows is it like for work and study..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:53am On Mar 25, 2015
Oye50:

Please do you know where I can get the best possible deal in buying Euro. The mallam I approached yesterday offered 240 which is easy expensive.
Go to Diamond bank with your international passport and tell them you want BTA or PTA for Euros. They will exchange it with the official price which is a lot lesser than your regular Bureau de Change or Mallam.
Be aware though that they may stamp a page of your international passport after the transaction.
Good luck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 1:52am On Mar 25, 2015
Walesby:
Hello Nairalanders, I applied for a bach programme in SRH hoschulen in berlin and got to realize that the very programme wld in SRH campus in dresden.Any member of dz forum ever stayed, wants to stay or have someone that stays or stayed in dresden. Hows is it like for work and study..

Dresden is a nice city for work and study .Though it is in the east, it can easily give most western cities a run for their money in terms of employment opportunities
.It is the hub of silicon Saxony ( an association of about 300 registered companies in microelectronics, nanotechnology and related sectors) and many others .
It is arguably the most beautiful city in Germany hence its nickname "Florence on the Elbe",despite suffering untold destruction during the second world war. Rent and food is cheap too in comparison to cities in the west and north.
It is less than two hours train ride from Leipzig, berlin and Prague.
If you'll be studying at the technische Universität Dresden, then you're lucky to be in an Elite Germany university .
Just arm yourself with adequate proficiency in German and your stay will be worthwhile............ Beware of dickheads though

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Walesby: 5:53am On Mar 25, 2015
Now thats the problem....Am on a strictly English Taught programme buh I av started arming myself up with German language. Get my language proficiency to A1 before I leave Naija by attending goethe institute. Would that be sufficient enough and plus ow fast can I secure a job that requires english speakers in dresden. I have sufficient money to finance my programme and stay in the first year, continuity is probably my problem....Whats your advice
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:48am On Mar 25, 2015
kbibro:

www.daad.de/en check for the international programmes and make sure you go through this thread too it helps.

Walesby:
I slept off while typing this answer yesterday night I see it has been answered well and it was very well done.....so no need for long answers. Just note that Dresden though one of the better places on the east, is the hub for right wing Neo-nazi sympathizers and the head quarter of PEGIDA and the anti foreigner protest and crises that shook Germany to its roots late last year/this year. You will likely meet more people proficient in Russian than English (aftermath of the USSR. styled communism and education) however, the place have evolved.
Blacks, Arabs and people with non European look are actually and are obviously afraid of the place but you known how all these things are, living there could be give you a different experience.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2015
Cole001:

congratulations bro....success in Germany is yours.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2015
Eke40seven:

Go to Diamond bank with your international passport and tell them you want BTA or PTA for Euros. They will exchange it with the official price which is a lot lesser than your regular Bureau de Change or Mallam.
Be aware though that they may stamp a page of your international passport after the transaction.
Good luck!
If I say I love you,I think it's an understatement. That's exactly what I'm saying about how helpful u have been to us all on this thread. Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Gudmrg all, pls @ Eke47 concerning d possiblity of stamp on d passport by d bank, does d stamp mean anythg or rather will it be a problem ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 2:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Not that it means something that much but it does, at the Embassy if you haven't applied for your Visa yet or at the airport when you're about to fly. The Nigerian Immigration Officers(at the airport) can be quite funny at times demanding to see if you've got enough cash to take care of yourself from the destination airport to where you have to go. Seeing this on your Passport shows that you've got enough to take care of yourself.
And if you have a Visa on your passport, best believe you'll have to come get the Passport later. I'm not sure whether this is case at the present year as I did this long time ago and they had to confirm my visa (took around 6 hours). It's illegal to handle a bulk amount of foreign currency if you're not planning to use it in a foreign country.
hadassaheke:
Gudmrg all, pls @ Eke47 concerning d possiblity of stamp on d passport by d bank, does d stamp mean anythg or rather will it be a problem ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
hadassaheke:
I won't say its a problem, it just mean your passport is having one page dedicated to Diamond Bank....well its not as if someone who is not a very frequent traveller will exhaust the pages before its expiration.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
tnx so much @ eke47 n Dan. abg mk una no vex, am looking @ m.sc in power engineering with my b.tech in physics @ TUM. Abeg i need advise if deres any1 dat has applied or is already in dis dept @ tum. Mk una no vex.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.