Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,539 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (992897 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
stevemims:
My Interview

We had to wait for hours because there were much applicants for family reunion.

Make sure you practice the mathematics questions posted on here earlier and do ensure you are good with your square root and Pythagoras theorem (I'm poor with figures, sure you don't wana be like me.. lol)

Though, i wasn't given mathematics initially because she asked me what i wanted ( na divine favor o). She gave me management questions: What is art of management? What are management styles? forgotten the other one.

I was given an S.O.P to write, reasons for going to Germany for Bsc/Msc (first applicant to write an s.o.p).

For my oral interview, they were the normal questions we've shared here.... Why Germany? Why the course? Why Bsc/Msc? Attractions in Germany? Your city? First president? Course modules? How many semesters? and other stuffs.

HINT: if i tell you say i ace the interview, then i dey downgrade God be that....... So tey the V.O offer me and my pal water (may be cus say she too delay us)... Just be focused, pray hard and have faith. God is the author and finisher of our faith.... God is just the standard.

Timeline
interview- January 12
Mail to fund- January 13
Db details- 21 of January and 2 of Feb
Am mail- 1 feb
Arrival of package- 8 feb.

I gast let you all know that i didn't use leadway nor IGI..... I used Standard Alliance Life Assurance (15.624), it's good too.

Disclaimer: I am not an insurance agent, just ask your questions here and use google anytime you are confused. Cheers.

All Glory to God.. The maker of all things.

U mean u received ur package AM mail without funding ur db? Chaii God is great. Bros u're serving a living and merciful God o. Congrat!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
stevemims:
With a sincere gratitude to the blessed 'TRINITY' i wish to share my testimony that my package was delivered to me today with my visa. The journey started last winter, though i missed out on getting an offer from Siegen (i applied late and was bitter, never knew God has a bigger plan). I got back to the drawing board with words of encouragement from beautiful people on here, God gave me a reason to trust in Him by applying to schools available for summer.
I had my interview early January and got the funding mail the next morning, with a note to correct the age of birth on my passport. Mehn! had to travel down to Abuja to face immigration but all thanks to God for His divine favor, i got it done within a few days. I scanned the new passport and sent it to the embassy, in between these days/weeks i kept on waiting for the db acct details (i was worried but had faith in God) before it was sent to me finally. Yea, passport corrected and db details gotten but here comes the funding ishh. Last week Monday the am mail dropped without funding, yea! Is God not awesome? With speed i got to Lagos few days later, and today my package arrived. Glory!!!!!
My appreciation goes to everyone here.... Dolpaz, Eke40seven, Kennyoguns, Canhelvin, Sonnyville, Honourableseyi, Adenjnr, Fapper, Futurewiser... And my Gs (femo and promise)... Abeg nor vex if i nor mention your name... Babanila, Lord..... and Twostep.... Much love people
This is just a pointer to greatness.... May God perfect all that concerneth us in Deutschland..... Amennnn.
My interview transcript and timeline will follow shortly. Cheers.
Dj abeg play me "Jesus is the greatest" by.... Lol

ALL POWER TO BELONG TO GOD!!!!! Finally bro, you can now smile for the battle is over!.... i am so happy for you especially with all that happened at the immigration office Abuja..... see you in Deutschland
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
babanila:

Congrats Bro, go to Deutschland and succeed.
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2016
lakesidepapa:

U mean u received ur package AM mail without funding ur db? Chaii God is great. Bros u're serving a living and merciful God o. Congrat!
Yes boss.... God is
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
sonyville:

ALL POWER TO BELONG TO GOD!!!!! Finally bro, you can now smile for the battle is over!.... i am so happy for you especially with all that happened at the immigration office Abuja..... see you in Deutschland
Yes boss... Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Iamwilliam: 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good morning peeps, can anyone please enlighten me on how to go about closing my already funded Deutsche bank account and transferring the money back here to Nigeria or anywhere else.

I was unable to meet up with enrolment deadline and thus lost out on the admission last year and would like to get my funds back as I urgently need it.
Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fapper(m): 11:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
stevemims:
My Interview

Make sure you practice the mathematics questions posted on here earlier and do ensure you are good with your square root and Pythagoras theorem (I'm poor with figures, sure you don't wana be like me.. lol)

Though, i wasn't given mathematics initially because she asked me what i wanted ( na divine favor o). She gave me management questions: What is art of management? What are management styles? forgotten the other one.

I was given an S.O.P to write, reasons for going to Germany for Bsc/Msc (first applicant to write an s.o.p).

For my oral interview, they were the normal questions we've shared here.... Why Germany? Why the course? Why Bsc/Msc? Attractions in Germany? Your city? First president? Course modules? How many semesters? and other stuffs.

HINT: if i tell you say i ace the interview, then i dey downgrade God be that....... So tey the V.O offer me and my pal water (may be cus say she too delay us)... Just be focused, pray hard and have faith. God is the author and finisher of our faith.... God is just the standard.

Timeline
interview- January 12
Mail to fund- January 13
Am mail- 1 feb

I gast let you all know that i didn't use leadway nor IGI..... I used Standard Alliance Life Assurance (15.624), it's good too.

Disclaimer: I am not an insurance agent, just ask your questions here and use google anytime you are confused. Cheers.

lol i sight u too boss........congrats bro, komm mal nach deutschland und ich wünsche dir alles gute in der Reise....wir warten auf dich bro

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 09, 2016
Iamwilliam:
Good morning peeps, can anyone please enlighten me on how to go about closing my already funded Deutsche bank account and transferring the money back here to Nigeria or anywhere else.

I was unable to meet up with enrolment deadline and thus lost out on the admission last year and would like to get my funds back as I urgently need it.
Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Fill the cancellation form on the Db Website and sent it to DB and they will transfer the money back to your account

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Galads(m): 1:35am On Feb 09, 2016
stevemims:
Na God my brother
my man finally, am happy for you. When are u coming and what city?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LordSlytherin: 5:50am On Feb 09, 2016
Toroze:
I've asked this question before and i didn't get any reply.....so am asking again please is there anyone in Kaiserslautern who can confirm whether its a good place to study or any general info...................i'd be very much obliged to get a positive response

The school is ranked well in the world but they normally ask for b1 German proficiency even though your course would be thought entirely in English. Research tho...

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ishokunleyahoo(m): 7:00am On Feb 09, 2016
stevemims:
Thanks

Went to the German embassy in abuja all the way from kano as you said but I was so disappointed, they refused to certify my documents, claiming they are on break til 16th of feb.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 7:14am On Feb 09, 2016
Galads:
my man finally, am happy for you. When are u coming and what city?
My oga! Nor vex for me.... Mehn! I appreciate you baba... Gat various options on the table now.... Make God lead man right na the prayer
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ezekuse: 7:51am On Feb 09, 2016
victz:
You really did not understand what he is talking about until you get here. He is not saying that it applies to everyone. He is taking about what majority Nigerians living here are going through. May your journey to Deutschland be smooth so that you can come and witness these things yourself.

Oga make you rest for this matter and for you to suggest that I did not understand what he was talking about in his post is just plain silly.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 7:52am On Feb 09, 2016
ishokunleyahoo:

Went to the German embassy in abuja all the way from kano as you said but I was so disappointed, they refused to certify my documents, claiming they are on break til 16th of feb.
Mehn! You should have e-mailed them before going na.... But all the same,someone gave you an option of certifying @ the highcourt or using a notary public. Funny thing is i certified my docs using both highcourt and a notary pub... They are all acceptable. The only ishh you might have is with your school,make sure you read through the specifications for certification of documents and you can also e-mail the course coord just to be very sure... Cheers bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2016
stevemims:
My oga! Nor vex for me.... Mehn! I appreciate you baba... Gat various options on the table now.... Make God lead man right na the prayer

Congrats Stevoooo....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 8:54am On Feb 09, 2016
stevemims:
With a sincere gratitude to the blessed 'TRINITY' i wish to share my testimony that my package was delivered to me today with my visa. The journey started last winter, though i missed out on getting an offer from Siegen (i applied late and was bitter, never knew God has a bigger plan). I got back to the drawing board with words of encouragement from beautiful people on here, God gave me a reason to trust in Him by applying to schools available for summer.

I had my interview early January and got the funding mail the next morning, with a note to correct the age of birth on my passport. Mehn! had to travel down to Abuja to face immigration but all thanks to God for His divine favor, i got it done within a few days. I scanned the new passport and sent it to the embassy, in between these days/weeks i kept on waiting for the db acct details (i was worried but had faith in God) before it was sent to me finally. Yea, passport corrected and db details gotten but here comes the funding ishh. Last week Monday the am mail dropped without funding, yea! Is God not awesome? With speed i got to Lagos few days later, and today my package arrived. Glory!!!!!

My appreciation goes to everyone here.... Dolpaz, Eke40seven, Kennyoguns, Canhelvin, Sonnyville, Honourableseyi, Adenjnr, Fapper, Futurewiser... And my Gs (femo and promise)... Abeg nor vex if i nor mention your name... Babanila, Lord..... and Twostep.... Much love people

This is just a pointer to greatness.... May God perfect all that concerneth us in Deutschland..... Amennnn.

My interview transcript and timeline will follow shortly. Cheers.

Dj abeg play me "Jesus is the greatest" by.... Lol

i'm happy for you but please fund your db account before you leave. You might have problems with extending the visa in Germany if you don't fund. I know someone in that predicament right now and he's facing deportation if he doesn't fund the account. Once again Congrats! wilkomen zu Deutscheland!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 9:26am On Feb 09, 2016
acedboss:

i'm happy for you but please fund your db account before you leave. You might have problems with extending the visa in Germany if you don't fund. I know someone in that predicament right now and he's facing deportation if he doesn't fund the account. Once again Congrats! wilkomen zu Deutscheland!
Sure thing boss, i will do just that before leaving here. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 9:28am On Feb 09, 2016
femo86:

Congrats Stevoooo....
Boss mi.. Na you biko. God all the way. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:48am On Feb 09, 2016
LeoCruz:

Baba Williamso, na your end I dey ball inn Ooo. have been incontact with Nelson, the one in Bremen, to find a way to contact u. please I need ur help. please help me wit ur Fb ID so that I fit add u up. meanwhile u can send me mail using jembaleo@gmail.com. better still give me urs....abbeg I look forward to hearing from u soon thanks Baba
Congrats Leo. We will be expecting you. I've replied your PM...

Congrats to everyone getting admission/visa. I'm hoping for your sakes you have a basic understanding of German.

For those who it may concern (already in Germany) looking for cheap calls, you could try Skype to mobile calls. Calls to Nigeria are as low as 3¢/min and to German landlines at 2,1¢/min. Calling German mobile is relatively expensive though (9¢/min). Just my 3¢ wink

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Souljaboi1: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2016
stevemims:
My Interview

Timeline
interview- January 12
Mail to fund- January 13
Am mail- 1 feb

Boss, I hail.

Best Wishes.

Go to Deutschland and succeed !

Still expecting my mail sha. smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swankylay(m): 11:32am On Feb 09, 2016
Pls NLs I want to certify my documents but the problem is I've laminated by BSc and my waec results. Pls is there any solution or how do u guys scaled that aspect. Cuz I know we Nigerians laminate certificate a lot. Pls help.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:35am On Feb 09, 2016
swankylay:
Pls NLs I want to certify my documents but the problem is I've laminated by BSc and my waec results. Pls is there any solution or how do u guys scaled that aspect. Cuz I know we Nigerians laminate certificate a lot. Pls help.
That means you don't have a problem. Or did anybody refuse to certify yours?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LeoCruz: 11:39am On Feb 09, 2016
Williamso:

Congrats Leo. We will be expecting you. I've replied your PM...

Congrats to everyone getting admission/visa. I'm hoping for your sakes you have a basic understanding of German.

For those who it may concern (already in Germany) looking for cheap calls, you could try Skype to mobile calls. Calls to Nigeria are as low as 3¢/min and to German landlines at 2,1¢/min. Calling German mobile is relatively expensive though (9¢/min). Just my 3¢ wink

Williamso, my PM is not working. please you can send me the massage through my Gmail account. which is jembaleo@gmail.com. please send me ur Facebook book contact so that I fit link up with u .the ID Nelson gave me, could not find you. abbeg assist.waiting to hear from you bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 11:42am On Feb 09, 2016
LeoCruz:

Williamso, my PM is not working. please you can send me the massage through my Gmail account. which is jembaleo@gmail.com. please send me ur Facebook book contact so that I fit link up with u .the ID Nelson gave me, could not find you. abbeg assist.waiting to hear from you bro.
I closed my fb account. Email sent.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 09, 2016
Please is it compulsory to go with a birth Certificate from NPC? I went to their office and was told they can't use the cert that has NPC name on it cos i'm older than 18 years. I was only issued a birth certificate from Lagos Mainland LG and the woman I met inisisted it would be accepted.
I need advice and how did you get the NPC birth certificate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by swankylay(m): 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
Williamso:

That means you don't have a problem. Or did anybody refuse to certify yours?

Lolz. That's a relief. Thanks bro. Problem 1 solved.
Heard embassy doesn't accept laminated certs. How will that be solved?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
swankylay:

I hope you're not trying to certify your original documents. Na photocopy you go certify o bros. You no get problem, make copies of the laminated documents as is

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
Please try and locate NPC office in your local govt secretariat or around your local govt. Explain to them that you need a birth certificate. It will be arranged for you at a price.

I got mine from NPC office at Ikeja. 10k ready under a week.

The LG birth certificate might be rejected or you asked to provide a declaration of age/affidavit deposed by your parent.

michlan:
Please is it compulsory to go with a birth Certificate from NPC? I went to their office and was told they can't use the cert that has NPC name on it cos i'm older than 18 years. I was only issued a birth certificate from Lagos Mainland LG and the woman I met inisisted it would be accepted.
I need advice and how did you get the NPC birth certificate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2016
takeastep:
Please try and locate NPC office in your local govt secretariat or around your local govt. Explain to them that you need a birth certificate. It will be arranged for you at a price.

The LG birth certificate might be rejected or you asked to provide a declaration of age/affidavit deposed by your parent.

So if I have a state government or local government issued birth certificate, with declaration of age affidavit I'm covered?
Because declaration of age is looking easier and cheaper than this NPC wahala
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Souljaboi1:

Boss, I hail.
Best Wishes.
Go to Deutschland and succeed !
Still expecting my mail sha. smiley
It will drop.. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
takeastep:

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
swankylay:

Lolz. That's a relief. Thanks bro. Problem 1 solved.
Heard embassy doesn't accept laminated certs. How will that be solved?
Again, did you "hear" that on this thread?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.