Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994122 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by promise2(f): 8:40am On Apr 10, 2015
Hello Everyone here, please do anyone in Germany stay around Dusseldorf or Lubeck? i will be visiting and need some urgent information, please if you are around these cities can you contact me her. Merci.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by promise2(f): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2015
Hi Futurewise,you are in Stattgart from your post here,how far is Dusseldorf to your City, i need to see you for some vital information, i will be visiting only staying for 3 days.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2015
promise2:
Hello Everyone here, please do anyone in Germany stay around Dusseldorf or Lubeck? i will be visiting and need some urgent information, please if you are around these cities can you contact me her. Merci.

I stay about 90km from Lübeck.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
Misterdhee1:
@eko40seven, thanks for such a marvelous reply..U cudnt av nailed it better. m sure ur answer av saved a number of us dah dwell on racism as the major yardstick against our German dream. God bless u bro. M still in my undergraduate days, Buh planning towards having my masters @ Germany. I hope daily usage of duolingo language app will help me in boosting my knowledge in German. Can we deposit more than the required amount of €8040 ?
Duolingo is very very helpful but may not be enough to learn the language well through self practice. Check my post on this thread from last month downward, I posted something in that regard.
You can of course deposit well above €8040

lmuhopeful:
Hi Eke40seven. I have attached a picture of the certification. Thanks
The middle of the seal was illuminated in the picture so I can't see if anything is drawn in the circle in between the lettered inscription around it. If there is anything drawn (usually a symbol of justice) then you are good to go.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by promise2(f): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
@ Styles2009 is that 1 hr and some minutes? i sent you a pm please respond.

Regards.

styles2009:

I stay about 90km from Lübeck.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Misterdhee1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2015
Tanx Ek40seven.. Buh do u think it is a must for me to be dah efficient in my German language? I think understanding the basic part of the language is the most important. I am planning to have my masters in Economics, probably in the university of Frankfurt, due to the fact dat I heard people in the city, are good English speakers nd tend to be the Financial Capital of the country. Wah Ar ur takes sir?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
promise2:
I replied your PM.
Misterdhee1:
Tanx Ek40seven.. Buh do u think it is a must for me to be dah efficient in my German language? I think understanding the basic part of the language is the most important. I am planning to have my masters in Economics, probably in the university of Frankfurt, due to the fact dat I heard people in the city, are good English speakers nd tend to be the Financial Capital of the country. Wah Ar ur takes sir?
You see, the truth is, no matter where you are, you will always have stiff limitations without at least a "fair" knowledge of the Language. Nevilbot is in Frankfurt, he can explain better.
Now, how are you sure Frankfurt offers economics in English? what if they don't offer you admission? I admit that some cities are better than others in terms of their knowledge of English.

I have gotten testimonies from different quarters..a fair knowledge of the language will open doors for you in more ways than you can imagine. I personally am working towards an A2 before September...and am using this medium to beg all visa hopefuls to do same no matter where you are heading to. Hamburg or a small town of Rheinberg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 9:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
ogompaul:
Congratulations bro. I'm interested in the school but they stated in their website that an entrance examination z compulsory for one to be admitted. Did u take d exam? pls assist me let me know if I should continue with their application or not. Thanks nd One love.

Hi Ogompaul...sorry I overlooked your mesage. Firstly, I applied for an MSc and O dis not have to take an exam. In case you have also applied for an MSc, I suggest that you study the info on the website of the particular department that you have applied to:you may not need to take an exam. However if you have applied for a BSc, then the procedure will be different as you would all be applying to a central office and you would be admitted to the Studienkolleg without an exam. I wish you all the best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 9:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
Eke40seven:

Duolingo is very very helpful but may not be enough to learn the language well through self practice. Check my post on this thread from last month downward, I posted something in that regard.
You can of course deposit well above €8040

The middle of the seal was illuminated in the picture so I can't see if anything is drawn in the circle in between the lettered inscription around it. If there is anything drawn (usually a symbol of justice) then you are good to go.
Good luck!

Thank a lot Eke40seven! The seal doesn't have any drawing..lol.. I will keep the house posted.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
ogompaul:
I have gone through their web severally nd not sure abt dat. I stand to be corrected. I even had to send dem an email nd dey said Munich z d only place for the exam. day I should apply in tym so dey could send me IV to come for the Exam.
guy, if the situation is like this, the possibility of the German embassy granting you visa to go for the exam in Munich is very slim let's say 95% failure rate, but when they send you an Iv just give it a trial
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 11:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
enibal:
Morning all. ... dhl is 11, 999 for sending document. For students price
You don't have to spend that much. I've sent so many documents through DHL, since last year till this month and the price was formerly 8325 but now it's 8630 when dollar rose up. They say it's student discount price and I send the docs at their centre in OAU campus
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by enibal(f): 3:59am On Apr 11, 2015
I paid 11, 999 in lagos and I told d lady I wanted a student price..... maybe she charged me wrongly I dont knw...... bt any oda person in lagos tryin to send tru DHL can learn from this. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 10:34am On Apr 11, 2015
Misterdhee1:

Frankfurt offers international economics and economic policies in English . They also offer an uber competitive msc program "Money and Finance".
Like oracle eke407 said, English taught programme or otherwise, you still need a certain level of proficiency in German to make your stay worthwhile.

Cheers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Gooday house, please has anybody being awarded d DAAD scholarship before? pls if yes il like to knw how d person went abt it. tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by topbound2013(m): 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
Gurus in the house pls I need help. I have applied to the uni of konstanz uploading my original documents online BUT I want to confirm if I need to send certified hard copies also. I'm asking because I couldn't find any information on hard copies on their website and admission closes on 15th April this year.

I also want to confirm based on experiences of previous applicants, is it appropriate to upload certified documents during online applications or I upload original copies. I am asking because most schools are silent on this issue and I do not want to make any mistake.

Pls kindly assist with answer.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
topbound2013:
Gurus in the house pls I need help. I have applied to the uni of konstanz uploading my original documents online BUT I want to confirm if I need to send certified hard copies also. I'm asking because I couldn't find any information on hard copies on their website and admission closes on 15th April this year.

I also want to confirm based on experiences of previous applicants, is it appropriate to upload certified documents during online applications or I upload original copies. I am asking because most schools are silent on this issue and I do not want to make any mistake.

Pls kindly assist with answer.

I don't think I know about the first part, because different schools (or different programmes in same school) have different procedures; but if you don't see anywhere asking for it, it's probably not necessary. You could mail the programme coordinator for succinct information.

As for the bolded, upload your originals. A CTC only affirms that a photocopy is equivalent of an original. I would believe an original is more authentic than a CTC as well.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by topbound2013(m): 12:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Many thanks @Williamso for the response. I appreciate you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Hi guys. I would like to go and open the bank account at the embassy in a few days or weeks. However I only have an e-copy of my admission letter(in fact the letter states that i have beeen admitted by the department, but my docs still need to be verified by the international office before final admission letter is issued) and not a hardcopy. Would this be sufficient to open the blocked account? Thanks all. Eke40seven, your input would also be appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2015
lmuhopeful:
Hi guys. I would like to go and open the bank account at the embassy in a few days or weeks. However I only have an e-copy of my admission letter and not a hardcopy. Would this be sufficient to open the blocked account? Thanks all. Eke40seven, your input would also be appreciated.

Yes print it out and go with it. That is all u need. That is wat I used cus d embassy verifies ur admission on dia own
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2015
nevilbot:

Yes print it out and go with it. That is all u need. That is wat I used cus d embassy verifies ur admission on dia own

Thanks bro. I forgot to add smth else. The admission letter states that i have been admitted to the department but i need a final check of my docs by the international office before final admission is given. Would this change your recommendation?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by topbound2013(m): 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
lmuhopeful:

Thanks bro. I forgot to add smth else. The admission letter states that i have been admitted to the department but i need a final check of my docs by the international office before final admission is given. Would this change your recommendation?

Lmhopeful, I think you need to obtain the full admission letter from the international office before proceeding with the blocked account and then visa. I know LMU has an application process like this. Believe me you have scaled the major hurdle; the dept has confirmed you are suitable, the int'l office just needs to confirm your docs and placement.
Thats my take.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Greetings, please how do i track the status of my NIPOST registered mail. urgent help needed pls. Thanks nd one Love
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
[quote author=ogompaul post=32673551]Greetings, please how do i track the status of my NIPOST registered mail. urgent help needed pls. Thanks nd one Love [/quote

Greetings to you too, well to answer your question........ You simply don't!

You just send your package through Nipost and pray to God the recipients inform you once they get it......when they get it.

Naija we hail thee..... cheesy

Be at peace, your documents will get to their destinations in due time.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
h
nevilbot:

hello Nevilbot pls can u help me with an info.i open a blocked acc last year but couldnt make it to the sch.but now i have reapplied,is it true that i will need to open a new blocked acc for this new admission cos i deffered it before
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Justcul(m): 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
3434tunde:
h

hello Nevilbot pls can u help me with an info.i open a blocked acc last year but couldnt make it to the sch.but now i have reapplied,is it true that i will need to open a new blocked acc for this new admission cos i deffered it before

You don't need another blocked account if you already have one.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2015
3434tunde:
h

Just get in touch with the bank to know if its still active. Don't open a new one cus its d same int passport with d same details

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by XketchDesigns(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
Hi guys, it's been a while.
I have a very long story to tell. I will do that as soon as I am chanced.

I had given up going to deutche land. But somehow things turned around. Embassy mailed me today to come with health insurance. To God be the glory.

I have been very busy and have not followed the tread. I will really like someone kind to help me with a link to where I can read on how to prep and what I need to take to germany. My trip should be on sunday, God's willing.

Please don't say read the tread I can't do that in the time I have because I have so much to do and lots of things to settle before Wednesday. So please be kind to drop the link to where I can read or someone give me a crash course. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
So I was at the embassy today to open the blocked account and I was attended to even though I have only a conditional admission letter to LMU. So for those who hace received admission letters that state the following: "you have been accepted by our department. However, actual admission is the legal privilege of the international office after a review of your documents", you can always go ahead to use this letter to open a blocked acct instead of waiting for the final official letter. In fact I only had an e-copy of this letter and it was sufficient. All the best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by vozkini(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Tourist Visa.
Please what are the documents required for tourist visa. An invitation is being send to me. What are my chances. What are the best way to go about these in getting the visa. Please address guru in the house.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:30am On Apr 14, 2015
Dear All, pls what's the fee for the certification of documents at the German embassy. I read someone saying 1,500 on this thread. I would like to know if 1,500 for a set of documents for a uni or 1,500 for everything. pls enlighten me guys.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 7:50am On Apr 14, 2015
please can someone that resides in Germany open the blocked account for me? or must it be the Embassy
Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 8:35am On Apr 14, 2015
stoicism:
Dear All, pls what's the fee for the certification of documents at the German embassy. I read someone saying 1,500 on this thread. I would like to know if 1,500 for a set of documents for a uni or 1,500 for everything. pls enlighten me guys.

The certification is free. You only have to pay if you require the embassy to make phptocopies for you which shouldn't be the case as you should do all your photocopies at home. However rember to take your filled university application form with the originals of your docs and also ypur international passpport and a photocopy. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.