Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? (52440 Views)

YODI Or 3 DOUGHNUTS A Day For Weight Gain? / We Have Special Slimming Belt For Weight Loss / I Need Supplements For Weight Gain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by imagrg(m): 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Someone recommended dexacotin when I needed to gain weight badly. It works but does it have any side effects?
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by eightsin(m): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2015
Dexacortin is a very dangerous drug that should be available only by prescription and not to every Tom, Dick and Harry. It belongs to a special, distinguished class of drugs known and referred to as steroids and cortico-steroids. They are made in the gland above the kidneys called the adrenals and can have very bad side effects if mishandled or abused which, I'm afraid, is what you are doing. All the good effects you say you are seeing are false- very false. That is they are happening not because you are now getting fatter or shapelier but because you are now developing a drug induced condition triggered by the drug you are using called Cushing syndrome that causes the false fatness you are seeing hypertension and amenorrhea menses stops the face goes rounded false curves as if you put on true weight but a sign of disease which is characteristic of this disease; we call it moon facies (the face goes rounded like the moon). Please stop the drug at once (and never use drugs not prescribed by doctors any more, ever) or risk these further side effects burning, itching, dryness, irritation, pimple-like rashes, skin thinning, marks on the skin, boils, increased skin pigmentation and increased hair growth. Also you risk all forms of secondary infection occurring. Think twice.
Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by eightsin(m): 10:11am On Jan 18, 2015
Dear Dr. Bibbi Oluranti,
I thank God for the knowledge and wisdom He gave you, and the way you utilize it wisely. I am a regular reader of your column. My problem started when I was desperate to add weight last (2) two years ago.
I went to many dealers (chemists). Finally, I was recommended Dexacortin which I used --two and half bottles-- and it worked. After 8 months, I realized that there are strange pimples, dryness, skin thinning and irritation on my face and body. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed some drugs for me but I still noticed small amount of pimples and skin thinning while I weigh 80kg as of this month. Please doctor, help me for I have no other person to complain to; you are God's gift-- I believe your solution is final--I have the faith.
Thanks
F.J, Owerri; Imo

Dear F J
Like all the above has said it is true that the drug Dexacortin and other steroids can be abused in the manner you did. One of the commonest reasons why people do this is because they believe it will help them gain weight.--and it does!! Sportsmen abuse steroids because they are looking for stamina and increased muscle mass. But this is diseased weight--not normal at all.
The way to get rid of the evil side effects of the drug is to stop early and gradually. Where gradual withdrawal --using less and less amounts per time--is not possible or has not been done, the only thing is to give the body time to adjust and come back to its former balance--may take up to a year or more. Side effects like lowered sperm production in men and reduced size of testis--testicular atrophy-- and can be reversed while baldness and gynecomastia-- development of breast --cannot be reversed in men. In women, side effects include virilisation--making the woman more like a man-- no menses, more developed clitoris deepening voice decreased breast size and so on. Of course, the other side effects you mentioned must not be forgotten-- thinning hair, and so on. Again the more prolonged the use, the greater the likelihood that the results will become irreversible; so let me warn anyone abusing steroids (or any drugs for that matter) again--stop it-- IT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU.
One other lesson we must not forget to teach is --beware self medication; beware chemists, nurses and other paramedics’ (not specifically mentioned in these letters) treatment -- always insist on seeing a doctor.
You can call the help lines and ask for help to resolve lingering side effects
Cheers
Dr Caleb Bibbi Oluranti

http://mediamedix..com/2011/08/dexacortin-bad-for-weight-gain.html?m=1

Google is your friend
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by chymystique(f): 11:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
@eightsin, pls is "Dexacortin" in the same category with "Dexamethasone/Dexafort-1" cause am also using it for weight gain??
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 2:22am On Jan 19, 2015
chymystique:
@eightsin, pls is "Dexacortin" in the same category with "Dexamethasone/Dexafort-1" cause am also using it for weight gain??
Yes, it is the same as dexacorten and you need to stop taking it immediately no matter the changes you think you are seeing in your body-weight.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by chymystique(f): 4:16am On Jan 19, 2015
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Yes, it is the same as dexacorten and you need to stop taking it immediately no matter the changes you think you are seeing in your body-weight.

Aint suprised.. Ve always had ma reservations concerning this particular drug cause its one of the pills I use for weight gain which I didn't I understand its function and stuffs in the body @ all as written in the leaflet.. Thanks very much would stop immediately.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by chymystique(f): 6:26am On Jan 19, 2015
pls what of cypron, fativite, Jecod capsles, feed fine and Cal-D3? Do they ve side effects too?
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by eightsin(m): 7:09am On Jan 19, 2015
chymystique:

Yes it is.. they are steroids and I advise you stop immediately. The fattening is actually one of the side effect of the drug.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
chymystique:

Aint suprised.. Ve always had ma reservations concerning this particular drug cause its one of the pills I use for weight gain which I didn't I understand its function and stuffs in the body @ all as written in the leaflet.. Thanks very much would stop immediately.
just bought dexacortin yesterday. Pls did u really gained weight while taking the drugs? Am really slimming down and my cheeks are now dry and flat. I need round fat face and cheeks. Will the drugs help? I dont care whatever side effect it might have on me. Thanks
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by ciwi: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2015
Did you eventually use it? Did it work? We're there any side effects?
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Calebtope(m): 7:48am On Jan 16, 2016
eightsin:
Dexacortin is a very dangerous drug that should be available only by prescription and not to every Tom, Dick and Harry. It belongs to a special, distinguished class of drugs known and referred to as steroids and cortico-steroids. They are made in the gland above the kidneys called the adrenals and can have very bad side effects if mishandled or abused which, I'm afraid, is what you are doing. All the good effects you say you are seeing are false- very false. That is they are happening not because you are now getting fatter or shapelier but because you are now developing a drug induced condition triggered by the drug you are using called Cushing syndrome that causes the false fatness you are seeing hypertension and amenorrhea menses stops the face goes rounded false curves as if you put on true weight but a sign of disease which is characteristic of this disease; we call it moon facies (the face goes rounded like the moon). Please stop the drug at once (and never use drugs not prescribed by doctors any more, ever) or risk these further side effects burning, itching, dryness, irritation, pimple-like rashes, skin thinning, marks on the skin, boils, increased skin pigmentation and increased hair growth. Also you risk all forms of secondary infection occurring. Think twice.
Cheers
pls I took Dexacorten around Aug last for weight gain but two months later almost all side effects mentioned here www.drugs.com/sfx/dexacorten-side-effects.html started to occur and I stopped the drug immediately but it remains two things now which are: constant perspiration and fowl body odour and this body odour has been killing my reputation. I have done many things to stop this but its in vein like bathing with salt,using antibiotic soap e.g Dettol. I took ampliclus with tonic pill but when I took it everything stopped but after some days it comes back. pls what can I do to stop this completely. Urgent help!
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by February30(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
reading carefully
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by February30(m): 3:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Calebtope:
pls I took Dexacorten around Aug last for weight gain but two months later almost all side effects mentioned here www.drugs.com/sfx/dexacorten-side-effects.html started to occur and I stopped the drug immediately but it remains two things now which are: constant perspiration and fowl body odour and this body odour has been killing my reputation. I have done many things to stop this but its in vein like bathing with salt,using antibiotic soap e.g Dettol. I took ampliclus with tonic pill but when I took it everything stopped but after some days it comes back. pls what can I do to stop this completely. Urgent help!

someone should please. reply this comment.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Ginaz(f): 1:00am On Nov 08, 2017
Calebtope:

Go and use palm kernel oil to rub your skin. I heard they use it to cure body odor. Use it as a normal body Cream to combat the smell.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by maasoap(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
The first time someone recommended this drug to me was 1998. I didn't feel comfortable using it, so I asked about it from the people older than me and they advised me against using it.
Fast forward to 2016, I started to gain weight naturally. I became aware through people's comments. Then, I began to check my weight and it was confirmed, now 67kg at 5 feet 8 inches as against previous 45kg.
Why am I commenting? I was at a drug store today. A young woman was approaching the store, her succulent round face got my attention. Then, she dropped the bombshell by asking for Dexacortin. So, I checked the Google and this thread and the link above popped up.
Quite interesting.

1 Like

Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by DateMynd44(m): 12:58am On May 31, 2018
eightsin:
Cheers
bro you talked about hypertension? I've been in heavy usage of dexarcorten for weeks and my face goes rounded but of today I realised my heart pumped faster and before I realised I collapsed and fell on the ground. Don't just know what's the cause. I've stopped the drugs
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by imagrg(m): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
just bought dexacortin yesterday. Pls did u really gained weight while taking the drugs? Am really slimming down and my cheeks are now dry and flat. I need round fat face and cheeks. Will the drugs help? I dont care whatever side effect it might have on me. Thanks
Take apetamin instead.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by imagrg(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
ciwi:
Did you eventually use it? Did it work? We're there any side effects?
Don't take it please, it almost killed me.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by periphetes: 4:37am On Jun 11, 2018
Dexacortin is a very harmful drug to your body in longterm, please totally avoid, it will mess up your endocrine system. undecided
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by mctfopt: 2:42am On Jun 20, 2020
I'm from the future, this drug will cure a deadly virus in 2020 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by ebenezer202l(f): 5:06am On Nov 09, 2020
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

periphetes:
Dexacortin is a very harmful drug to your body in longterm, please totally avoid, it will mess up your endocrine system. undecided
stop what?
Drugs that has made me so chubby and fresh.
You must be joking.

1 Like

Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:11am On Nov 09, 2020
ebenezer202l:

stop what?
You must be joking.

You are slowly damaging your system. Those chubbiness are side effects of the drug. For your lifesake, desist from it.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by periphetes: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
ebenezer202l:

stop what?
You must be joking.

Yes you are right, I must be a joker jare smiley
Please continue usage as you want after all your body is looking chubby and fresh now grin grin grin
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Bestzubby: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
How many tablets can you take daily... To get the desired result. I don't care about the side effects.

1 Like

Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Bukkiminat(f): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
ebenezer202l:

stop what?
You must be joking.

Wow. How are your kidneys faring?

There are healthier options.
Using dexacortin to gain weight has serious side effects in the long run.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by bless2tom(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bukkiminat:

Wow. How are your kidneys faring?

There are healthier options.
Using dexacortin to gain weight has serious side effects in the long run.
What are the healthier options? Can you throw more light on it. Thanks
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Khonifer: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
bless2tom:

What are the healthier options? Can you throw more light on it. Thanks

Check cyprodine, or apetamin. Those are healthier options for weight gain that still work
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by bless2tom(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Khonifer:

Check cyprodine, or apetamin. Those are healthier options for weight gain that still work
Thanks, just that most of the healthier options are kind of scarce.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Khonifer: 9:53am On Aug 18, 2021
bless2tom:

Thanks, just that most of the healthier options are kind of scarce.

I know personally that cyprodine isn’t. And it costs about 400 naira. Or cyprivit
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by bless2tom(m): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
Khonifer:

I know personally that cyprodine isn’t. And it costs about 400 naira. Or cyprivit
Thanks I really appreciate.
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Aurelius1(m): 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
ebenezer202l:

stop what? Drugs that has made me so chubby and fresh. You must be joking.
gringrin lwkmd
Re: Is Dexacotin Safe For Weight Gain? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2021
shocked.

That seemingly weight gain that one experience is known as Cushing syndrome. Dexacortin will so mess up your endocrine system that you will beg for hell. Don't engage in taking such shit.
Just eat good balance diet, exercise, rest well. And you are good to go. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Craig Lewis: First Man To Live Without A Heart / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep / COVID-19 Patients Having Fun With Drum At Isolation Center

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.