Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (80116 Views)

Moment Of Truth: Have You Ever Spied On Your Spouse's Phone? - Bamisepeters / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:

Like say you sef no like gist tongue

So this is where you are now abi angry

You will not do and go back to lomance lection angry

wetin you dey do for here?
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by maryhaam(f): 5:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
patrickdarlins:
tanks jor.....

some ladies tho...can never overcome temptation oo

SMH
yea u can say that again
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by queebeediva(f): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
Intresting story but the part that I refuse to accept was when you said you slept @ the park till the next day and this dude appead the next morning like an angel or agbero and that was it! Ok let me pretend I belive that part of the story it could be the guy grown up in indian .just saying tho...
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by bukkylois(f): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wanna tell my story too. But let me find him first.... Will run back here yo give you guys the gist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

wetin you dey do for here?

I'm listening to testimonies.
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by mumtobe: 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
I met my husband on Facebook. Then I was just coming out from a broken relationship of 4years I needed to get over the break up and I started accepting friend requests that I had ignored and after a while, a pop up message came in. He was and is still a comedian. We started as friends and ended up married after one year of Friendship, and two years of dating. I have no regrets marrying him.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
this kind question you just asked, if you know what this question done cause ,only if I can answer it will I be able to open my email account
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by KLand(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
I met her in church. We became friends. Just friends, serving God faithfully in youth ministry.
Later, my heart began to skip abit for her. The mere thought of her brought smiles to my heart.

At first, I felt concerned that I was taking the friendship more than I had thought. "What is wrong with me?" I asked myself.

I prayed about it. I got the assurance that all was well. I told her I loved her and would want to marry her. Turned out she was convinced about me too. Two years later, she became my my wife and has been so four years now. We have been happy ever after. I thank God for everything.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Bibol(f): 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
November 2005... The day remains fresh in my memory, it was a sunny Thursday afternoon.
I was walking down the road in school when he walked up to me. We talked briefly and we became friends. We just clicked and I later gave him a chance. Something was just different about him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
Timbuktou:
Otta, 2003: Sunday afternoon, went to drop off dad's car at the mechanic, had no change(bike fare was #30 and I had a #1000 note on me) and decided to enjoy a walk home. I decide to explore a new route and, viola, I come upon a business centre and decide to put a call through to a friend make we for hang out; see we had phones but no airtime in those days.

Someone was on the phone when I got there so, I had to wait my turn. In the meantime, there was a lovely looking gyal sitting by the side eating ofada rice and as I was hungry I asked to join, and with the most dazzling smile made to give me the dish, I said thanks and said I was kidding and asked her name which she told me. So, I put my phone on silent mode, took their phone and dialled my number twice and told them the guy didn't pick, I totally forgot to call my homey.

I get home and dial the number and asked to speak to her, it turns out she was the daughter of the phone centre woman and I only had the chance to chat her up because mom was attending to another customer. Anyway, her mom tells me to call her own phone and I say it's not going through. She hands over the phone to daugjter and I proceed to introduce myself "erm, I'm the guy that asked for rice now now. Please, don't hang up". Somehow, she found it funny angry and the rest is history. We're currently trying for baby number 2. Hehehehe. grin

Really like ur story smiley

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:

I'm listening to testimonies.

Me too cool

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by KLand(m): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
bukkylois:
Wanna tell my story too. But let me find him first.... Will run back here yo give you guys the gist.

Let God guide you. There are deceivers out there.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by KLand(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
uzolexis:

Really like ur story smiley

Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by InZA: 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
To those who dated and got married within 6months to a year... I celebrate you guys, really I do.....because it's not something I can do. The least number of time I would want to court my woman is '2years"..its not like there's too much time on my hands though...and i know that longevity doesn't always resonate with validity, but I would like to believe that I've known her enough before I commit to a life time partnership.

But that's just me.

We are all different

Just as our faces are different

Our love experiences and preferences are different.

Please keep it coming with those lovely stories.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by FredHandsome(m): 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Chillisauce:

Any relationship more than 2 yrs , with kurukere road. Run for your life

Lies... It all depends on terms and conditions

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by joanpinkie(f): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
i'm a sucker for love , and that has earned me this unpleasant single status. I believe in love. I will gladly wait for love than hurry down the aisle without love.

I know i will come back here to update my story before the yr runs out. Its going to be a lovely story.

Dont touch the dial. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by 1dafullymade(f): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
lovely stories..I pray God that love shall never cease in your various homes....damn! i smiled reading thru ya'all posts & now i'm wishing i gat such story to share as well...it'z well though...once again, plz keep d fire of love burning in your homes cus i might come back in 50 yrs time to create a thread that will read "bn married for 50 yrs or more?tell us ur beautifull/happy home stories" & i sure wanna see ya'all that posted these awesome love stories today, posting that day........so shall it be!

5 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by uzolexis(f): 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
I really like this thread. I had began 2 develop marriage n relationship phobia cos of stories I hear and a terrible experience I just had recently. This thread kinda gives me hope....but i'm still on a relationship break sha, don't know when i'll put myself out there again, I just wanna be in my shell, I feel so safe here,like no one can hurt me.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:
To those who dated and got married within 6months to a year... I celebrate you guys, really I do.....because it's not something I can do. The least number of time I would want to court my woman is '2years"..its not like there's too much time on my hands though...and i know that longevity doesn't always resonate with validity, but I would like to believe that I've known her enough before I commit to a life time partnership.

But that's just me.

We are all different

Just as our faces are different

Our love experiences and preferences are different.

Please keep it coming with those lovely stories.

I like that u said that is just you. Different strokes, I guess. Before I met the lovely man I married, I'd been in two long-term relationships. I knew them oh so well. First was (may still be) a psychopath who was a possessive freak. The other was a liar who, despite claiming he loved me and my son, had any available chic.

My husband was ready and open, so was I. All it took was our willingness to make things work. Like everything else in life, marriage is a risk.

Short Story:
My husband (then fiance) and I attended marriage counselling for 3 months. In our opening class, we were 47 couples, and during the introduction we were asked to state the duration of our relationships. See landlords dem. 6, 7, 8, 9 years. Out of fear, I said one year, but we'd only dated for 3/4 months.
Believe me, when we had the class wrap party, only 16 couples were remaining, and it was the long-term people that had either broken up due to irreconcilable issues (the class was that intense and effective) or stopped coming because they didn't want to go ahead.

Moral lesson: not how far(long) but how well.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by obicentlis: 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
bukkylois:
It can start now. Reply my pm.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by CoCoLav(f): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
mollytinrox:

I like that u said that is just you. Different strokes, I guess. Before I met the lovely man I married, I'd been in two long-term relationships. I knew them oh so well. First was (may still be) a psychopath who was a possessive freak. The other was a liar who, despite claiming he loved me and my son, had any available chic.

My husband was ready and open, so was I. All it took was our willingness to make things work. Like everything else in life, marriage is a risk.

Short Story:
My husband (then fiance) and I attended marriage counselling for 3 months. In our opening class, we were 47 couples, and during the introduction we were asked to state the duration of our relationships. See landlords dem. 6, 7, 8, 9 years. Out of fear, I said one year, but we'd only dated for 3/4 months.
Believe me, when we had the class wrap party, only 16 couples were remaining, and it was the long-term people that had either broken up due to irreconcilable issues (the class was that intense and effective) or stopped coming because they didn't want to go ahead.

Moral lesson: not how far(long) but how well.

Molly I really like this and your story is really touching. I agree with you on the time frame because of a post I read on the romance section where a poster said when someone is for you, you will know because the holy spirit will tell you sort of and it doesn't matter how long you have known the person. It might just be two months and you are walking down the aisle.

For example my sister was in a relationship for about 4 years. When she met her husband, he went straight to the point and they got married within a year of meeting.

4 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Chommieblaq(f): 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
Honestly I love dis thread. Am a firm believer in love, though love has not really find me, funny enuf am like a pillar to my friends, course mate, even in fellowship and in ma families, every one comes to mi for advice more like a councilor but my love story is kinda......... But I blve one day love will find mi. And for all of u dat shared ur wonderful stories boundless love and happiness will remain in ur home till eternity.

5 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wonderful stories, wish I have one to tell.. Hmmmm, love is a beautiful thng.

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by twerkjack: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
MINE IS TALL, DARK, SEXY ND REALY RICH ND CARING, I COULDNT BREATH FOR SECONDS WHEN I FIRST MET HIM. HE WAS SO PERFECT I DIDNT BELEIVE ND I ASKED GOD IF IT WAS REAL, ND HE SAID "LOVE UR DREAMING" ........... ND DEN I WOKE UP. STILL HOPIN TO MEET HIM IN REALITY... grin

5 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by okotv(m): 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
uzolexis:
I really like this thread. I had began 2 develop marriage n relationship phobia cos of stories I hear and a terrible experience I just had recently. This thread kinda gives me hope....but i'm still on a relationship break sha, don't know when i'll put myself out there again, I just wanna be in my shell, I feel so safe here,like no one can hurt me.
get ready to come out of that shell. Remember its a year of settlement

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:

I find it "interesting" that people often suggest the bolded, but my concern is, we are not talking about changing cars, or shoes or kitchen wares, these are actual, living, breathing people with the capacity to feel hurt, dejected, frustrated and a whole lot of other emotions that find themselves rooted in heart breaks/breakups and the moving on decision.

That said, I really understand what you're saying, you've made really strong points. Summarily, I think my fear is the thought of being responsible for breaking someone's heart.... I detest the thought of that and believe you me it's not because I'm a people pleaser, neither is it because I want to remain perpetually in people's good graces. But that's just me.... I'd rather not go into a relationship than go into one that might end up with me likely breaking her heart. That's just me

I'm queer I know embarassed

People are not as fragile as you think.

Most have a healthy emotional immune system - and would bounce back in a bit.

And we're not talking cute, harmless little puppies here either.

1 Like

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by mkoabiola: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
I met her inside d BRT while returning frm office.
D rest is history

2 Likes

Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Odunharry(m): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
maryhaam:
Love is a beautiful thing,loooooool
dont get it twisted..
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by MymothersKeeper(f): 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
angry angry
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Odunharry(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

We don't need halfbaked stories please angry
i wan hear ur story
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by elantraceey(f): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

i wan hear ur story

I never get o sad
Re: Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? by Odunharry(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
InZA:
[size=16pt]Please people, it's not just about where you met your spouse, but also how you met, the intricacies, queerness or humor involved, their responses and other little little things you can chip in [/size].

Today is Sunday, relax and share that story, then later in the day, both of you can even have hot seexx to close the day.
chaii....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts / Father In Tears As DNA Test Confirms Four Out Of Five Children Are Not His / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.