Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion (18794 Views)

Excess Fresh Tomatoes Floods Calabar Markets / How Can Someone Make Aleast $1 To $2 Daily Pls I Need Help / Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well, it ain't all his fault....but he should have done the following.

1.Removed the fuel subsidy, and invested the savings principally in improving power generation and technical education.

2.Provided loans with generous interest rates to large scale farmers in Nigeria...because if you want to be big agric exporter...you need LOTS OF large scale farms.

3.Increased university fees, privatized the universities....and then used the saved money for primary and secondary education.

4.Make LGA grants dependent on executed projects. You don't meet the goal....get your funding cut off by some percentage points.

5.Ended corruption....let's be serious. PDP has not fought corruption with all seriousness.

That's just some of what he should have done. We did vote him to solve our problems...so telling long tales about how it is not his fault.....abi when you are sick....you go to a doctor to get well....not to hear how your illness is not his fault.

My man its all easier said than done:

1. what can nigeria export that is not exportable by other countries in large quantity?

2. Remember the E-wallet to help boost farmers and the Agricultural sector?

3. what happened in lagos when fashola increased school fees?, do you know it is a right of every nigerian to be educated? therefore if you increase school fees and privatize all universities, how can a poor struggling student afford tuition?

4 can be done with ease and that i agree with you.

5. The government cannot end corruption because they are the 'corruption itself'. Only me and you and every Nigerian can protest against it and watch how things will change.

Jonathan and buhari are both criminals no doubt.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by deflover(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
blacknp:
Absolute Jargon,what are you trying to say.Keep it simple jona has made more money from oil than OBJ did during his tenure go check the oil receipts,You say you are a retail investor?i'm sure you work for falomo shopping center or at best mega plaza big mumudey

oga do you have a better say on this matter.....i careless what you think of me.....i am in the forex group on nairaland and a few traders know me.....calling me names when you have no means to discredit the chart i posted and lame man's explanation i used is un-called for....can you do better or can you just shot up and drive grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by popcykaylah(m): 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
DeCritique:
If the economy is like this with a PHD holder, I wonder how it would fare under the nose of an illiterate APC and Fulani tribalist. Therefore, half bread they say is better than none... Equally, a bird in hand is worth more than two more in the bush so I'll rather keep my votes with GEJ!!

#GEJ till Buhari proves he went through nursery education!!
you think say na by book them use dey get sense ..with all the book you read why aren't you governor or like adenuga or rather dangote?you are broke and talking about PhD?dude you need rebooting !

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by redcliff: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
Youngzedd:

Talk is cheap.

Industrialization without power, as if Nigeria generate upto 3,000 MW currently.

Bro, GEJ don finish us.

well, you dont expect me to give you a detailed manifesto of how industrialization should take place abi?
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Yksoul(m): 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
May God come to our rescue.NIGERIA WILL NOT SUFFER IN JESUS NAME
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Yksoul(m): 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
May God come to our rescue. NIGERIA WILL NOT SUFFER IN JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Sibrah: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
This one is no fault of Gej . . . The state governors called for the sharing of the bulk of what's in the excess crude account.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
ogbonoeba:

Now that crude oil has fallen, what will we do in the meantime?
This is the new reality. The price of crude oil will not get up to $100 a barrel in a very long long time. US is not buying, infact they are amending their laws to authorize exports....We are in a long thing. This is the time for all politicians to cut their pay, especially the Legislators.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by blacknp(m): 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
major466:

Have you forgetting those days when Rotimi Ameachi and co through the Gov forum trades words with the Finance Minister day and night over the Excess Crude oil Account? While Ngozi was in support for more savings of Excess money through the Sovereign Wealth Fund to safeguard Nigeria's economic future, the governors were busy calling for the outright cancellation of the initiative. Isn't it an irony? that as the Nation face severe economic challenges and fall in revenue via falling international oil price, you accuse the Finance Minister for mis managing the Excess Crude Account? The same woman that stood hook and nail in defense of Savings of Excess Crude oil funds for the rainy day and also predicted a future economic crisis in 2012?!
If someone need to be blame, that blame should be directed to the governors forum spearheaded by Rotimi Ameachi. As a matter fact, this is one of the major reasons why the governors forum broke up into two factions.
Take a look at the link below for more details.
As far as am concerned Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is one of the most intelligent individuals that this country has ever produce.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/okonjo-iweala-raises-alarm-over-depleting-excess-crude-account/
Why has she not been nominated or won The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in economics if she too know book. K Street washington based Harvard trained stooge of the world bank no be this same woman wan run go back world bank when the president of world bank job became vacant?patriot my as$.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by cyprel(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Nigerians need to vote for change

This irresponsible government is going to bankrupt and balkanize Nigeria

We need change

Sai Buhari

bros e concern us o o if d account keep going down it will affect d economy, people may start loosing jobs and lot of adverse effect it will have on the populace
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by major466(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
blacknp:
Why has she not been nominated or won The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in economics if she too know book. K Street washington based Harvard trained stooge of the world bank no be this same woman wan run go back world bank when the president of world bank job became vacant?patriot my as$.
Don't forget that Ngozi Okonjo was majorly responsible (through her position in the world Bank) for the cancelation of part of Nigeria's external debt (From about $36 billion dollars to $18 billion dollars) during OBJ's Administration. If not for her, Nigeria's economy would have collapsed long ago.

Edited.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by 989900: 9:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
major466:

Don't forget that Ngozi Okonjo was the one responsible (through her position in the world Bank) for the cancelation of part of Nigeria's external (From about $32 billion dollars to $9 billion dollars) debt during OBJ's Administration. If not for her, Nigeria's economy would have collapsed long ago.

No. We owed $36b paid 18, pardoned 18.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Jabioro: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
Shiyo dat one na child play..if vote him dis time around ur name go be apology,am sorry na go follow.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by major466(m): 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
989900:

No. We owed $36b paid 18, pardoned 18.
Thanks for the correction. Lost track of figures.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by hahn(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
donnaira:

u should know now all this projects that the say its sure-p &co sponsored is false because the supsidy is still there which means the cabals are still present which means the government don't know how this money disappears so the take money from excess crude account pretend it is missing and everybody keeps mute & wonder

The money dey miss be that na abi you don forget say stealing nor be corruption?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by major466(m): 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:

If you had stopped there...I would have clapped for you. All states must wake up and develop oil free economies. Kaduna can use the maize it produces for a strong agro-chemicals, and other products industries....with research. And Enugu can use its palm oil for the same purpose(not just for cooking oil....we are tired of that, in a way!).

True federailsm....we are already federal. The problem is lazy state and LGA leaders.

We can do the above....without waiting for Abuja or for some conference. But you Nigerians want to chop oil money.
We practice Federalism only at the political level. Economically, we're still stuck in economic centralism.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by major466(m): 10:08pm On Jan 17, 2015
DeCritique:

You my friend talk like a reasonable gentleman! So I'll give you the honour of being the first person I'll follow on Nairaland... Kudos and keep it up!!
Just returned the favor. You are the first person I will follow on Nairaland too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by 989900: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
Even the "orangutan of Owu" was able to raise our foreign reserves from $2b in 1999 to $43b (excluding the $25b excess crude account) in 2007, while settling the paris club our $36b debt in 2006. Yar'Adua grew this to $62b, only for my Ph.D. president, the Iweala's, Diezani's and co. to squander, while incurring more debt.

$1b is a lot of money!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by BlackBaron: 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
I think it's time to start asking questions from the President or any of the aspirants on how to generate money.

Taxes for the richest should be a starting point.

This is some mega bs. Other countries stashed enough during the rainy day. Saudi has a trillion foreign reserves, another trillion in sovereign wealth fund.
Here we are, in the same boat as countries like Venezuela and co.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by manutdadex(m): 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
hahn:
That one small na. Vote GEJ and see what will happen. Na zillions go dey miss
u read d whole tin so? Abi u no jst one understnd?
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by hahn(m): 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
manutdadex:
u read d whole tin so? Abi u no jst one understnd?

Same old story bro
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by kestolove95(m): 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:
Chineke!
This country is in dire need of a change
u ma don join dem shout change?nawa o,e b lyk sae na onli mi remain nw o
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by blacknp(m): 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
major466:

Don't forget that Ngozi Okonjo was majorly responsible (through her position in the world Bank) for the cancelation of part of Nigeria's external debt (From about $36 billion dollars to $18 billion dollars) during OBJ's Administration. If not for her, Nigeria's economy would have collapsed long ago.

Edited.
That is a lie,the same DEBT FORGIVENESS concession was granted to many other African countries by the paris club,world bank,imf and all those other international criminal lenders and Nigeria was quite fortunate to be able to pay the little percentage needed because Obj had stacked up so much money from oil savings. The only thing she did was convince OBJ to pay back $12-14 billion when he should have gotten a better deal and paid back way less i guess she forgot to tell us how much her friends paid her as kick-back/commission for tricking Nigeria to part with all that money,shortly after she was removed. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE. She did not do anything extraordinary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by alphalpha(m): 12:11am On Jan 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
Excess Crude Account (ECA) is different from External Reserve Account (ERA).

The purpose of the Excess Crude Account is for deposits of funds in excess of the budgetory benchmark i.e when the price of crude oil is beyond the budget price. And the function of that Excess Crude Account funds is to cushion the effect of inflation and marginal fluctuation difference in the event of lower price of crude. This is the account that Rotimi Amaechi of APC has been fighting the Presidency to share the money to Governors.

Right now, we should be grateful to Ngozi Iweala for the wisdom to retain the funds, because it is the funds that's used to stabilize the naira, ordinarily, Naira is supposed to lose three-quarter (3/4) of its value, from say 160 to a dollar to 400 to a dollar due to the current fall in price of crude oil to 3/4 of its price. But na this Excess Crude funds that we are using to stabilize the naira in the FX market. We also touch this money to take buy military hardwares that were not budgeted for during the 2014 budget etc.

I supposed keep quiet but I have to inform the illiterate APC goons that we know their stock in trade. Their job is to shout out of ignorance.

You keep using the pronoun "we"
please we comprises who and what?
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by EPOMA(m): 12:56am On Jan 18, 2015
ichidodo:
APC illiterates will mistake this as Nigeria's foreign reserve...

when this one finish, they will jump on to the foreign reserve. It will be like a dream to you . Keep on ranting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by ogbonoeba: 1:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Billyonaire:
This is the new reality. The price of crude oil will not get up to $100 a barrel in a very long long time. US is not buying, infact they are amending their laws to authorize exports....We are in a long thing. This is the time for all politicians to cut their pay, especially the Legislators.

I live in america, and trust me when I say American production of shale oil has many objectives.
1. Less reliance on the middle east for oil
2. Self sufficienCy
3. Technology innovation

Nigerians must demand how their leaders are going to deal with American crude oil exports.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by InvertedHammer: 2:23am On Jan 18, 2015
/
The funny thing is that the people-in-the-know are looting millions of dollars and the e-TANoids are getting only N25k and some airtimes to sell their souls.
Poverty is a bastard!
\

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2015
ogbonoeba:

I live in america, and trust me when I say American production of shale oil has many objectives.
1. Less reliance on the middle east for oil
2. Self sufficienCy
3. Technology innovation

Nigerians must demand how their leaders are going to deal with American crude oil exports.

America as at this moment is already self-sufficient, they have surplus and are amending the laws to commence exports.
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by iaatmguy(m): 7:47am On Jan 18, 2015
Advertico:
guy na wow. Obj did nt pay any debt
how old are you for you to say obj paid no debt ? I believe you are learned
Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by gp6liveth(m): 8:29am On Jan 18, 2015
For those who may think that excess crude is same as foreign reserve pls they are not. Excess crude account is used to make up for shortfalls in oil price benchmark. So pls don't be scared we are not going insolvent. The oil is beginning to pick up as at yesterday. But that ddoes not mean we should not diversify the economy. Plans are already being executed on economic diversification.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by otunlexy(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
UnknownT:
Just stick to celebrities thread especially any wizkid thread
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
No body will convinced me on this one, why wouldn't excess crude account go down? Go to portharcourt and see mansion scattered everywhere by PEJ, go to GRA, trans amadi, woji area i don't know about okrika where she come from. So all those mansion were built from my excess palm wine account isn't it?

If this man and his gramarian wife are not sent parking from aso rock, serious plague will befalled this country and all of you supporting him now will have the cause to regret mark my word.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can You Buy With One Hundred Naira (₦100) Now, In Your Area? / GIFT CARD 2 NAIRA & BITCOIN / Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria 2017 (forbes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.