Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,977 members, 7,799,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment (6269 Views)

Which Kin Thing Be This Na MTN And GLO / If You Opera Mtn Stop Enter Here / Buy Infinix Phones To Your Detriment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by bongolistik(m): 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
If you check your MTN account balance currently, you will see 'we congratulate you! Dial *170# and a free surprise will be released for your number! It's free!'

Do not be deceived and go and mumulishly dial that code.

MTN season of surprise ended last year, and they are now trying different ways of collecting back all they gave last year.

If you dial that number that they said was Free, they will first of all welcome you to a Lumia promo that you did not even request for. By the time you know what is happening N100 will start being deducted from your account daily and they will tell you that you opted into a Nokia Lumia promo.

Don't you ever think that you are dialing to get another surprise as in last year. So dial that code at your detriment. A word is enough for the wise.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by ammyluv2002(f): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Only the greedy ones will be tempted to dial that code

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
And I was almost tempted to dial it yesterday. Thank you OP for exposing these fraudsters.
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by waxyung(m): 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
Its still a surprise... Deducting 100naira jst lyk dat na big surprise... Dem no reach 4 my side..#dancing atilogwu

3 Likes

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Baddestguyp(m): 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
op, thanks, now how know why my airtime suddenly vanished

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by armadeo(m): 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
Anything I receive from Mtn I automatically delete. Even if they show me the data on my phone I don't bother I use it. Free credit Na dem sabi. I rill in what I have and I haven't had any reason to complain.
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Armanice(m): 4:07am On Jan 18, 2015
"Empty Hen" doing dea south africa trick
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Skykid1208(m): 4:48am On Jan 18, 2015
No op is getting it wrong, when you Dail the code there would be a time when they would tell you to press 1 to subscribe to VIP and win a kia and so on, then they would clearly tell you it would cost you #100 daily or press 2 to skip.

What happened was that op got greedy and mumuishly pressed 1 (the won win awooof car lolz)
Then mtn started deducting his 100 bucks daily because he is now in VIP level competing for not just the lumia again but for a car.

I have been playing the game but anytime I get the message that I should press 1 to become a VIP or 2 to skip, I always press to and my money has never been deducted.

So op next time follow instructions before doing anything, I guess you never read the instructions the only thing you saw was the "win a car"
chain!!!!!!!!!! Nigerians not following instructions since the time of adam

7 Likes

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by rexbuton: 4:55am On Jan 18, 2015
no be credit wey dem see dem fit carry Person wey naked no dey put hand for pocket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by zieraw2005(m): 5:17am On Jan 18, 2015
we are following...
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by bongolistik(m): 5:29am On Jan 18, 2015
Skykid1208:
No op is getting it wrong, when you Dail the code there would be a time when they would tell you to press 1 to subscribe to VIP and win a kia and so on, then they would clearly tell you it would cost you #100 daily or press 2 to skip.

What happened was that op got greedy and mumuishly pressed 1 (the won win awooof car lolz)
Then mtn started deducting his 100 bucks daily because he is now in VIP level competing for not just the lumia again but for a car.

I have been playing the game but anytime I get the message that I should press 1 to become a VIP or 2 to skip, I always press to and my money has never been deducted.

So op next time follow instructions before doing anything, I guess you never read the instructions the only thing you saw was the "win a car"
i laffs at u cos u tink it is only u dat knws hw to folow instruction, it seems u dont knw dis ntwk calld em tee hen, I am telling u with first hand experience, not even with dis one bt smtin very similar and i knw they are d same as far as d number u wil send it to is 1010. Ok let me tel u my early dis month experience wit dem. Dey started dis txt to 1010 dis year, d first tim i saw it, since they claimed it ws free, i texted nd i started acumulating daily point nd dey kept teling me dat it was free, dat i shuld text for more free 100 points, which i did. All of a suden, 3 days later, they started deducting N100, not knwing until all my N400 was finaly deducted, den I realize dat I hav entered MTN one chance. Not until I den text stop to 1010 nd dey told me that it has bin canceled. I was 100% sure dat i dint subscribe to dier VIP package
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by eddyland: 5:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Skykid1208:

wait o, did u type dis tin urself!? U said d OP mumulishly dial to win awoof car and u said u hav also been playing, so u hav been mumulishly playing also to win awoof car?
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2015
bongolistik:
i laffs at u cos u tink it is only u dat knws hw to folow instruction, it seems u dont knw dis ntwk calld em tee hen, I am telling u with first hand experience, not even with dis one bt smtin very similar and i knw they are d same as far as d number u wil send it to is 1010. Ok let me tel u my early dis month experience wit dem. Dey started dis txt to 1010 dis year, d first tim i saw it, since they claimed it ws free, i texted nd i started acumulating daily point nd dey kept teling me dat it was free, dat i shuld text for more free 100 points, which i did. All of a suden, 3 days later, they started deducting N100, not knwing until all my N400 was finaly deducted, den I realize dat I hav entered MTN one chance. Not until I den text stop to 1010 nd dey told me that it has bin canceled. I was 100% sure dat i dint subscribe to dier VIP package

Laugh at yourself, the dude is right, I played it once before, at the point of getting charged, I opted out.

Don't spread fake news just because of the general MTN hate.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 18, 2015
eddyland:
wait o, did u type dis tin urself!? U said d OP mumulishly dial to win awoof car and u said u hav also been playing, so u hav been mumulishly playing also to win awoof car?

Get some understanding,

He said he has been playing safely without the VIP greed.

If op ever got charged, then its because he crossed the freebie line.

1 Like

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by dinklage(m): 7:06am On Jan 18, 2015
Skykid1208:

shatap there already.
i greedily dialled the number and was faced with exactly what OP said here. Now that's first hand experience.
how i opted out? i swiftly sent STOP to the same number i received the congratulatory message for opt-in. got a message thereafter that i've opted out.
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by XtraSmooth404: 7:08am On Jan 18, 2015
Same thing happened to me. I played the game outta boredom one day and I knew I was following instructions. There was a question 1010 asked me, with instruction to answer @10:51am to get 200 points extra. Before I knew it N100 disappeared that moment. I quickly transferred the remaining balance to another SIM card. It was when another N100 disappeared the following day that I sent stop to 1010 sharply. They should keep their lumia jor, make I manage my Nokia torch grin
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by eightsin(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2015
Imagine o. I got the msg to dial that number... I did and what I saw next was I will be ask some questions to qualify for some shit.. since then... I've not rested from their msgs. I don delete tire
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by timawoku(m): 8:15am On Jan 18, 2015
Mtn dey kill people na? Imagine my 3g finished (which I never used and I got through cheat code on nairaland o) and they had been frustrasting my life about it, every 2-3mins I receive msg stating 'your 3g has been exhausted, you now have 0 mb,etc', I dey frustrated I dey contemplate to jump inside river

1 Like

Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2015
Wow! We're surprised you haven't won anything yet...dail •170# to win 1 generator undecided

so d whole of mtn users go dey battle for one generator/lumia grin
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by sexaddict08(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
wuna no dey learn? they keep scammin u everyday, are u that dull
i thought by now no one should be falling for mtn rubbish n childish scam again...
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by OsoDupe(f): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
Skykid1208:

u think mtn don't know what they are doing? one day u will mistakenly press 1 and ur money will be deducted, av u noticed all their correct answer is 1? that little mistake is what they are waiting for and banking on or why do u think they keep reminding u to play d game. have u ever heard of anyone who has won something from the stupid game?
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by ehmusshogun(m): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2015
With 'empty hen' a freebie will cost u N100
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Generalkorex(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2015
timawoku:
Mtn dey kill people na? Imagine my 3g finished (which I never used and I got through cheat code on nairaland o) and they had been frustrasting my life about it, every 2-3mins I receive msg stating 'your 3g has been exhausted, you now have 0 mb,etc', I dey frustrated I dey contemplate to jump inside river
i been dey think say na only me waka come ni
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
timawoku:
abeg tell me how to get am
Re: MTN Stop This Na! Dial *170# At Your Own Detriment by Dahveydson(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Funny how we have authorities that should monitor the excesses of Networks like MTN but are just redundant and irrelevant. MTN won't try this same thing in SA, they won't dare.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Channel In Multi TV, Frequency And Symbol Rate / My People Be Careful Of Xiaomi Marketers / Tecno Camon C10 (AKA CX) Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.