Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) (11588 Views)

EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / FG Test Runs Abuja-Kaduna Cabin Trains (photos) / Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by anonimi: 7:59am On Jan 18, 2015
missyAL:
Mr pay per post, where do you sit on these trains?

Can you ask the same question to Alhaji Babatunde Raji Fashola, Lagos state governor, about his aloku scrap trains from Toronto

#Liberate-Lagos.
Kai Buhari!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by anonimi: 8:10am On Jan 18, 2015
ITbomb:
I'm coming

We dey wait you oh grin
Abeg nor too tey before you come back to show your face or rather your comments

2 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 18, 2015
Super1759:
stop hating. say the truth and the truth will set you free. when gsm came into Nigeria, was there 3g? can you even browse.... its small small

I wonder why you APC block heads can't know that change is a gradual effect,never automatic. you had non before and now you have something and you now want the latest figure....keep thinking like grand pa buhari

Grand pa is even enjoying the train

Lol mor0n. It has been debunked more than a 10 times that he was on an airport bus shuttle. when will you guys go out and learn anything? does that look like a train to you? are you one of the educated illiterates that want to see a certificate when you should be trying to go back to primary school an burn your degree? the joke is on you

4 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by anonimi: 8:27am On Jan 18, 2015
missyAL:

Lol mor0n. It has been debunked more than a 10 times that he was on an airport bus shuttle. when will you guys go out and learn anything? does that look like a train to you? are you one of the educated illiterates that want to see a certificate when you should be trying to go back to primary school an burn your degree? the joke is on you

It seems that you know everything about trains apart from YOUR vast knowledge of abuses & insults grin
Perhaps you can assist those who are not as knowlegeable as you are about trains, on how to distinguish between

- a Buhari enjoying the Jonathan/Sambo PROGRESSive train transformation
and
- a Buhari inside BRT bus or airport shuttle bus.

Hope you will not tarry to share your criteria

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 18, 2015
anonimi:

It seems that you know everything about trains apart from YOUR vast knowledge of abuses & insults grin
Perhaps you can assist those who are not as knowlegeable as you are about trains, on how to distinguish between

- a Buhari enjoying the Jonathan/Sambo PROGRESSive train transformation
and
- a Buhari inside BRT bus or airport shuttle bus.

Hope you will not tarry to share your criteria

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

There is no point going back and forth with you. If you cannot distinguish between a train and an airport bus shuttle, I will be wasting my time. I have no time for that. The joke is on you and only you can save yourself from perpetual ignorance and stupidity.

You may want to go for an excursion at your local airport

2 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by chidekings(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2015
every journey starts with a step.

And this is a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by gists: 8:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Wow! i am surprised people are rolling out the drums, cheering and comparing locomotives with electric trains. The locomotive that spent 10hours between enugu and port harcourt - a distance of less than 250km. https://www.nairaland.com/2088514/train-ride-enugu-port-harcourt
Even a tipper would have made the journey in shorter time.

Please don't give me the crap about things getting better when history in this country have very little record if any of public infrastructures getting adequate maintenance. The purportedly newly refurbished airports are reported to have leaking roofs already. The train trip from enugun to pch in the above link broke down and passengers had to come down for repairs - its less than a year and we are already seen rots! Yet people roll out the drums cheering.
SMH

4 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by constance500: 8:51am On Jan 18, 2015
I'm coming
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by hotgunz(m): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2015
U re a joke.... Were s Nigeria train dere?
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by alaoeri: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2015
See what TANoids are using to justify GEJ's failure anyway he will be show the way to Otuoke come FEBUHARI 14.
Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 18, 2015
Op some of those trains u posted are electric trains. Locomotive trains in those countries have been there for decades and have been maintained throughout those years. While some have been been converted to cargo trains, some are used for short distance travel round a state. Look at those same countries now and you see them using high speed trains or electric trains for interstate or international travel. Wat i'm tryin to say is tryin to justify GEJ for bringing locomotive trains is pointless. This is 2015. I dont think there are countries dat still install locomotive trains at this age except dat country is extremely poor. And nigeria isn't a poor country
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by ochoi(m): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2015
Are these pics recent or ones taken in d 80s or early 90s?
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by nzeadachie: 9:05am On Jan 18, 2015
HugeCock:
Op some of those trains u posted are electric trains. Locomotive trains in those countries have been there for decades and have been maintained throughout those years. While some have been been converted to cargo trains, some are used for short distance travel round a state. Look at those same countries now and you see them using high speed trains or electric trains for interstate or international travel. Wat i'm tryin to say is tryin to justify GEJ for bringing locomotive trains is pointless. This is 2015. I dont think there are countries dat still install locomotive trains at this age except dat country is extremely poor. And nigeria isn't a poor country
lie all those trains are still on tracks, it depends on the one your money reach, bros try to travel and see
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by UncleSnr(m): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2015
Rossikk:

See this one. You mean you cannot tell a passenger train from a cargo train? You need to see passengers through windows to know which is which? Kai.... smiley Anyway, I don't blame you. It is all those years of not seeing trains in Naija until Jonathan came along that has made you a train illiterate.
She/He doesn't know the difference at all... Thanks to GEJ for showing this generation a working train.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 18, 2015
oduastates:
Confirmed odes full here wella.

Those are not locomotives
Those are electric trains. You see those wires above the trains? they not only supply the power (fuel), they also send the signal of the location of the trains.
Diesel engines are only used mostly to move cargoes and rarely, humans to remote regions in those countries.
You are also likely to have a few steam engines plying tourist routes like the Swiss alps.
Tell those primordial human beings.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by ajayifocus: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2015
a bird @ hand worth millions in .pls let appreciate Gud deed of current gov't

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 18, 2015
nzeadachie:
lie all those trains are still on tracks, it depends on the one your money reach, bros try to travel and see
i neva said locomotives are not in use anymore. Read my comment well
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by nzeadachie: 9:14am On Jan 18, 2015
all4naija:

Tell those primordial human beings.
guy open your eyes don't be deceived,

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by missamanda(f): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2015
Where Naija own na?
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by ozo13(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2015
Correct analysis
oduastates:
Confirmed odes full here wella.

Those are not locomotives
Those are electric trains. You see those wires above the trains? they not only supply the power (fuel), they also send the signal of the location of the trains.
Diesel engines are only used mostly to move cargoes and rarely, humans to remote regions in those countries.
You are also likely to have a few steam engines plying tourist routes like the Swiss alps.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 18, 2015
nzeadachie:
It has been there for long and it's used to travel hinterland as somebody earlier pointed out.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by slap1(m): 9:21am On Jan 18, 2015
That Sri Lanka train though. Be like Cassava processing machine.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by jude33084(m): 9:24am On Jan 18, 2015
BrokenTV:

Mr man kindly do us a favour and STFU, show us the one that was built by Buhari.

Your problem is; anybody that criticize GEJ is for Buhari angry

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by haibe(m): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2015
What's wrong with this kind of trains to be in Nigeria. Nawa 4 GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by haibe(m): 9:26am On Jan 18, 2015
nzeadachie:
You sef see the kind country you post. Nigeria is not poor dude
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by jude33084(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2015
UncleSnr:
She/He doesn't know the difference at all... Thanks to GEJ for showing this generation a working train.

You mean your generation?

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by citizenY(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Rossikk:

See this one. You mean you cannot tell a passenger train from a cargo train? You need to see passengers through windows to know which is which? Kai.... smiley Anyway, I don't blame you. It is all those years of not seeing trains in Naija until Jonathan came along that has made you a train illiterate.

Mr you are not far from being a "train illiterate " too.

Sorry to burst your bubble but any improvement that has not changed our tracks to standard guage, which enhances speed, even at bends is just a waste. It is just like refurbishing daddy"s Beetle. You can get motion but no speed and the parts are not easily available.

Let them stop wasting our time and money. Change one stretch, PH to Maiduguri, or the western flank to standard guage and then I will call that progress. Serious people are using electric trains. All heavy passenger traffic and commercial freight moves by rail. Nothing has started in rail development.

2 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by jude33084(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2015
slap1:
That Sri Lanka train though. Be like Cassava processing machine.

cheesy
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Joel3(m): 9:30am On Jan 18, 2015
I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan

Link
www.nairaland.com/2099127/go-exile-dont-build-second

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won The Visa Lottery: Now I Need A Job / Another Fuel Tanker Goes In Flames In Anambra, 3rd In A Week / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.