Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. (8517 Views)

Please Tell Me About This Car / See Pictures Of Water Buses That Can Move On Water And Land / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
gambus007:

are you planning to buy and use or buy and sell?that word second hand value i dont rilly understand.

I intend to drive it or a period of 2 or 3 years.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
dein77:
Don't know how true it is: a senior colleague in the office told me yesterday that the Lexus RX300 I'm planning to buy, doesn't have SECOND HAND VALUE.

But the matter is, these cars are so common here in PH. I see them wherever I go.

Shey e no get "SECOND HAND VALUE"? Why you no go buy Ford Bronco or isuzu Rodeo or even Chevy Trailblazer? Leave am, person wey know the worth and value of that motor go come buy am. undecided

Infact, from your summation above, I can safely infer that you're not ready to own that car yet.

QED.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by sultaan(m): 10:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
lomomike:

Shey e no get "SECOND HAND VALUE"? Why you no go buy Ford Bronco or isuzu Rodeo or even Chevy Trailblazer? Leave am, person wey know the worth and value of that motor go come buy am. undecided

Infact, from your summation above, I can safely infer that you're not ready to own that car yet.

QED.

x2

Why not buy a car you will like till the wheels fall off
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2015
lomomike:

QED.

When someone who isn't that knowledgeable wants to buy something like a car, I think they need all the right info before taken their decisions. I will post the pictures when I finally pick one. I'm going for a Lexus, either RX300 or RX330.

I have been using tiny light for over 3 years. Now I need a new car.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by HopeAtHand: 6:35am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

Seriously, I do not know much about cars. I've been using one for over 3 years.

I really appreciate your input. To the naive like me, I too am worried about the mileage.

Didn't even know the RX 300 have such an atrocious history. They're everywhere in PH.

RX300 & RX330 are like purewater in PH..every corner you turn, you see 3 of them..its an insult to millions of naira.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

When someone who isn't that knowledgeable wants to buy something like a car, I think they need all the right info before taken their decisions. I will post the pictures when I finally pick one. I'm going for a Lexus, either RX300 or RX330.

I have been using tiny light for over 3 years. Now I need a new car.

I understand you bro, this OP's. case is different.

As per the intended purchase of the lexus marque, I say bite the bullet. grin
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

RX300 & RX330 are like purewater in PH..every corner you turn, you see 3 of them..its an insult to millions of naira.
Tho thety don't come cheap for their model years when sold as USED and most had been abused or tampered, but I'll tell you those cars are built incredibly well and comfy.

Imagine an RX300, RX330, RX350 and RX400h with all the bells and whistles much more decked up and swagged up than a merc W163 and W164 yet the RX was an entry level compact SUV which grew to become a midsized SUV yet selling much more than the merc ML in North America. Its late last year/ this year that the RX series moved up the ladder with lexus introduction of a baby SUV the -lexus NX.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

The RX300 is even more common in PH here. Wherever I turn, I see them. Or is it cos I want to pick one of them?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

The RX300 is even more common in PH here. Wherever I turn, I see them. Or is it cos I want to pick one of them?

Shows that they're incredibly well built.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2015
fanex:
LEXUS generally are not good sellers in Nigeria. do your research. 2001 camry is a good seller in comparison. that lexus is not worth 1m to a trained buyer.
My friend, you are dead wrong. The average price of that car in Nigeria at the moment is in the region of N1.5m, that is average o! İt could be more expensive depending on how 'clean' the car is. You guys should stop misinforming people about prices here, get real, hit the field and run a survey, come back and edit your post, then thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:17am On Jan 20, 2015
lomomike:

Shows that they're incredibly well built.

I guess. Ever since I planned buying one, they have become more common to my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

I guess. Ever since I planned buying one, they have become more common to my eyes.

The reason behind their being common is what I've told you. Nigerians ain't silly or blind. They want the best for the least most of them wants the best and are willing to go all out to get that 'best'. I read somewhere in Toyota or Lexus where they state something like "Your car is designed to run longer with minimal maintenance"
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2015
lomomike:

The reason behind their being common is what I've told you. Nigerians ain't silly or blind. They want the best for the least most of them wants the best and are willing to go all out to get that 'best'. I read somewhere in Toyota or Lexus where they state something like "Your car is designed to run longer with minimal maintenance"

I'm going for one of them. But I'm leaning more towards the RX330 or Rx 350.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

My guy, the OP na run-of-the-mill guy sef. He is just a regular Joe who moves with the crowd, in the general direction of the crowd as the crow flies without finding out why the crowd is moving in that direction. What do you expect? the OP's been driving a tiny light camry (the pure water then) for about 3 years, now he wants to drive an RX 300/330(the current reigning pure water). İ have a feeling this guy is associated with pure water, its either he sells pure water or works in a pure water factory. lol...

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 20, 2015
FlyboyZee:
My guy, the OP na run-of-the-mill guy sef. He is just a regular Joe who moves with the crowd, in the general direction of the crowd as the crow flies without finding out why the crowd is moving in that direction. What do you expect? the OP's been driving a tiny light camry (the pure water then) for about 3 years, now he wants to drive an RX 300/330(the current reigning pure water). İ have a feeling this guy is associated with pure water, its either he sells pure water or works in a pure water factory. lol...

Why this condescending remarks about the OP? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:46am On Jan 20, 2015
lomomike:

Some people run down others so themselves can feel good. It's a terrible attitude.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:50am On Jan 20, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Bro, you're entitled to your opinion.

Following popular trend in cars has really helped me. I followed the camry trend and it has paid off. Lemme join the Lexus trend.

These cars have a good reason why they are everywhere in PH.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 7:51am On Jan 20, 2015
lomomike:

Am sorry about that. @OP, no pun intended please. Just that those cars are just pure water.

dein77:

Bro, you're entitled to your opinion.

Following popular trend in cars has really helped me. I followed the camry trend and it has paid off. Lemme join the Lexus trend.

These cars have a good reason why they are everywhere in PH.
İ use to think they were cheap just like those guys up there saying N1m, N1.1M, N1.2M, etc since they were just everywhere choking up the driving space. İ found out otherwise, when İ hepled an İn-Law procure one from Cotonou. The RX 330 (edited) couldn't come any cheaper than N2.2m for a nearly rundown one.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2015
FlyboyZee:
Am sorry about that. @OP, no pun intended please. Just that those cars are just pure water. İ use to think they were cheap just like those guys up there saying N1m, N1.1M, N1.2M, etc since they were just everywhere choking up the driving space. İ found out otherwise, when İ hepled an İn-Law procure one from Cotonou. The RX 350 couldn't come any cheaper than N2.2m for a nearly rundown one.

Deep down, I knew no pun was intended shaaa.

We be brethren.

We mean I can get Rx 350 for N2. 2m?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by mastro: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2015
Original Poster, after all this advice & discussion, you still haven't posted the VIN number, hmmmm
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 8:02am On Jan 20, 2015
mastro:
Original Poster, after all this advice & discussion, you still haven't posted the VIN number, hmmmm

I'm sorry I can't get that info for now. The guy and I are in two different work shifts.

I'm sorry.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by nurey(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

We be brethren.

Op you have started again, 2.2m will only get you a kpangolo trim of Rx330, or best still a Nigerian used luxury trim Rx330, those cars are common but they don't come cheap.

@flyboyzee, when buying a liability, before you look at anything, reliability should be your first note a first generation toyota sienna of year 1998 which is a #2.50K sachet water would last longer and more reliable than a luxurious highest trim 2012 range rover sport which is a carefully distilled wine.
Pure water cars in Nigeria doesn't mean cheap, it means Affordability, reliability, peace of mind so you want the op to by bottle water and go bankrupt.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by abatically(m): 8:11am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

We be brethren.

No way, unless maybe a lemon.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

İ said a 'nearly rundown one'.
FlyboyZee:
İ use to think they were cheap just like those guys up there saying N1m, N1.1M, N1.2M, etc since they were just everywhere choking up the driving space. İ found out otherwise, when İ hepled an İn-Law procure one from Cotonou. The RX 350 couldn't come any cheaper than N2.2m for a nearly rundown one.
İ actually got a very clean 2006 RX 330 without reverse cam/nav for her for about N2.5m...
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2015
FlyboyZee:

İ said a 'nearly rundown one'.

İ actually got a very clean 2006 RX 330 without reverse cam/nav for her for about N2.5m...

Ok then. Someone told me I can have the RX 330 for around 2.5
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2015
nurey:

Op you have started again, 2.2m will only get you a kpangolo trim of Rx330, or best still a Nigerian used luxury trim Rx330, those cars are common but they don't come cheap.

@flyboyzee, when buying a liability, before you look at anything, reliability should be your first note a first generation toyota sienna of year 1998 which is a #2.50K sachet water would last longer and more reliable than a luxurious highest trim 2012 range rover sport which is a carefully distilled wine.
Pure water cars in Nigeria doesn't mean cheap, it means Affordability, reliability, peace of mind so you want the op to by bottle water and go bankrupt.
Not as if he's gonna use the car forever. He is changing his car after about 3 years. Another 2 or 3 years down the line, he's gonna change this one too. Why not get a little classy and go for something more exciting and headturning to drive. İ believe the OP is young and shouldn't be caught in some bland Toyota. Lol. Don't mind me o! İ was just wishing he added some swag to his drive. All the same, it is his money, his car, his life and his choice.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2015
FlyboyZee:
Not as if he's gonna use the car forever. He is changing his car after about 3 years. Another 2 or 3 years down the line, he's gonna change this one too. Why not get a little classy and go for something more exciting and headturning to drive. İ believe the OP is young and should be caught in some bland Toyota. Lol. Don't mind me o! İ was just wishing he added some swag to his drive. All the same, it is his money, his car, his life and his choice.

Una get mouth ehhh

Yes. I will be changing it in 2 or 3 years time.

I guys have already advised me against the RX300.

I'm now considering the 330.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

İt depends on
1. the year of manufacture
2. the condition, 'rundown' or 'topshape'
3. title, 'salvage', 'lemon' or 'clean'
4. the greed of the seller or the 'maganess' of the buyer. lol...

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

İf its clean, it would most probably not have a reverse cam/nav...
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 20, 2015
FlyboyZee:
Am sorry about that. @OP, no pun intended please. Just that those cars are just pure water.

İ use to think they were cheap just like those guys up there saying N1m, N1.1M, N1.2M, etc since they were just everywhere choking up the driving space. İ found out otherwise, when İ hepled an İn-Law procure one from Cotonou. The RX 350 couldn't come any cheaper than N2.2m for a nearly rundown one.

Error 404. Page not found.

There's no where in cotonu will you see an RX350 less than 3m except it has gobe; RX350 selling for 2.2m na heavy Gobe!
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 20, 2015
dein77:

Bros eh! To be on the safe side, gather 2.8-3.1m for RX330
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2015
lomomike:

Bros eh! To be on the safe side, gather 2.8-3.1m for RX330

For Rx 330? Like seriously?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do you need doctor's report for your tinted vehicle? / Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 / Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.