Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,799 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen (909 Views)

Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo / Kunle Soname Buys Portuguese Football Club "Clube Desportivo Feirense" / Mikel Obi Becomes British Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by AdemolaA2: 8:14am On Jan 18, 2015
Nigeria inter¬national and Chelsea of England mid¬fielder, John Obi Mikel, is now a British citizen.

smiley wink cool
The Super Eagles’ A-list player had waited patiently since he applied for the prestigious British passport last year and was delighted to get a positive feedback from the relevant authori¬ties last week.

Mike became eligible for citizenship, having spent more than eight years in England following his transfer to Chelsea from Lyn Oslo of Norway in 2006.

Before the commence¬ment of the current English Premier League season, speculations were rife that Chelsea’s manager, Jose Mourinho, wanted to sacri-fice him to free up a foreign quota spot, but this is now a thing of the past.

‘’Mikel was issued a Brit¬ish passport last week, and he is very happy to be in the possession of the passport,’’ a representative of the Super Eagles’ star revealed.

Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by SeverusSnape(m): 8:17am On Jan 18, 2015
So he abandoned Nigeria?
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 18, 2015
oya....go de learn British ascents now oo

congrats!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by AdemolaA2: 8:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Na so we see am oo.. Though i don't really blame him cos Naija P is not valuable and respected overseas. been so frustrated searching for white collar jobs with my nationality and had to settle for a blue collar at some point but with British pali.. getting good Jobs would be much easier and you won't have to settle for some low pay jobs like i did ..
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by alabiyemmy(m): 8:55am On Jan 18, 2015
so?
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by bennygreat1(m): 8:57am On Jan 18, 2015
Congratulations to you John Mikel Obi.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by alabiyemmy(m): 9:14am On Jan 18, 2015
AdemolaA2:
Na so we see am oo.. Though i don't really blame him cos Naija P is not valuable and respected overseas. been so frustrated searching for white collar jobs with my nationality and had to settle for a blue collar at some point but with British pali.. getting good Jobs would be much easier and you won't have to settle for some low pay jobs like i did ..

Stay there wallowing in self defeat and self pity. many of your country men are doing the so called white collar jobs with their Nigerian passport in the same country.
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by manuch(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2015
SeverusSnape:
So he abandoned Nigeria?

#Dual citizenship

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by SeverusSnape(m): 10:10am On Jan 18, 2015
manuch:

#Dual citizenship
Okay...Thanks
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by AdemolaA2: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2015
alabiyemmy:

Stay there wallowing in self defeat and self pity. many of your country men are doing the so called white collar jobs with their Nigerian passport in the same country.
Hey mr Aproko ..you don't even know me and my hustle so stay on your lane ......

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by zimoni(f): 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
I'm happy for him.

Congrats Bro.
Re: Mikel Obi Of Chelsea Football Club Is Now A British Citizen by alabiyemmy(m): 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
AdemolaA2:

Hey mr Aproko ..you don't even know me and my hustle so stay on your lane ......

Na so.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Manager Offers To Help Rebuild Nigerian Football / See How Wizkid Spend 1.5 Million On A Girl That Have Big Juki / Imo Deputy Governor And The Daughter Of A Palm Wine Tapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.