Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

"The Most Unimaginable Tragedy": Mum Dies Moments After Giving Birth To Quadrupl - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "The Most Unimaginable Tragedy": Mum Dies Moments After Giving Birth To Quadrupl (1302 Views)

See The Team Of Doctors Attending To A Gorilla Giving Birth In A Zoo(Photos) / Young Bowen University Lecturer Dies 2 Days After Giving Birth (pics) / 10 Months After Giving Birth, She Has Not Seen Her Menses, Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The Most Unimaginable Tragedy": Mum Dies Moments After Giving Birth To Quadrupl by vicostyle20: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2015
Probe underway after tragic Erica Morales, 36, never got to meet the babies she gave birth to a month early.
A woman who gave birth to quadruplets conceived through IVF died moments later before she got to meet her babies.

Erica Morales, 36, and husband Carlos were desperate for a family so underwent fertility treatment.
Real estate broker Mrs Morales delivered three girls and one boy on Thursday in Phoenix, Arizona, a month early.

But, tragically, hours later, she died before seeing children Carlos Jr, Paisley, Tracy, and Erica, who are all healthy.
Medics are probing her death to establish a cause which remains unknown.
She went into Banner Good Samaritan Hospital hospital on Tuesday.
She posted on Facebook the births would be premature.
She wrote: "I have to get admitted until delivery. It's been down lower today but it's too late.
"He will push deliver up or stall it to to 34 weeks. I'm 31 tomorrow. He said I did phenomenal. A poster child for quads. He wish they could all go this way but this last part we have to do it carefully because u can stroke out with bad blood pressure. I'm sure I won't but he looking at how to finish things."
Relatives have set up a GoFundMe page to help raise money for Mr Morales, from Memphis, Tennessee, who married her in October 2007, and now faces bringing up four children alone.
It has had 8,900 shares.
Her cousin Nicole Todman wrote on the page: "My best friend and her husband Carlos have tried for the last few years to have a baby and with their Dr's help they were blessed with not one but four beautiful children, but with that blessing came the most unimaginable tragedy my best friend was lost.
"This is an extremely emotional time, Erica's passing is traumatic and my goal is to help ease the financial worry as much as possible so every dollar helps if it's $1 or $1000 it will all be used to provide for the beautiful babies Erica fought so hard to have and in the end gave her life for."
She told Fox 10: "It is so hard to know she fought so hard for her children. She will never get to brush their hair, hold their hand, watch them get married."
Cousin Christina Todman told Fox 10: "This is all they wanted, to have this family, to make their family complete."

http://naijafussion..com/2015/01/the-most-unimaginable-tragedy-mum-dies.html

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Damage. Prevention And Cure / Overnight Accident Occurence In Okene, Kogi State / What Are The Requirements For Setting Up A Private Hospital In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.