Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

How To Find Your Future Spouse - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Find Your Future Spouse (20742 Views)

Would You Reveal Your Past To Your Future Spouse. / Can Abstaining From Premarital Sex Make You Faithful To Your Future Wife? / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
Library. ....you may find her ANY WHERE. Just recognise her......

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Nairaland ke? With all the bullies here and constant dissing of nigerian ladies in this site? Hmm. Ladies, take the guys here seriously at your own risk!!!

As for your concluding part, you are absolutely correct. Nothing like being positive and free minded.
Most of the guys here are nothing close offline. They just enjoy putting up the front.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:
Library. ....you may find her ANY WHERE. Just recognise her......

How do you recognize her / him? cheesy
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by laplace12(m): 12:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Thank you cheesy but I have to disappoint you bro, I am not going to put up my pics on the Internet. I am not even on Facebook. I prefer to remain anonymous. wink

You are welcome smiley

No problem. Its just that matching the personality with a pics will make more sense.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

No, it shouldn't.

Married folks are asked to help those who want help or have questions.

Romance section is full of teenagers.

On the contrary, it's actually full of people past their teens. They just reason like teenagers.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by IDEApro(m): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
freecocoa:
Oboy leave me abeg.

I'm an adult not oboy. Give that dude a chance.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

On the contrary, it's actually full of people past their teens. They just reason like teenagers.

grin grin grin
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
laplace12:

You are welcome smiley

No problem. Its just that matching the personality with a pics will make more sense.

Maybe, maybe not. smiley tongue cool
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hi Carefreewannabe. Happy Sunday.

As said by a wise poster above me, always keep an open mind. you could meet your spouse anywhere..

Ladies,
His pocket is not as important as his prospects.
He may just be a conservative dresser and spender and you'll be thinking he's 'struggling'.

Be Miss Right, and don't give what you don't want to be given in return.

Dear malefolk,

church/mosque is the last place to find a decent girl because everyone puts on their best behaviour in the house of God. Better a girl you meet in the aisle of a supermarket than someone who says. 'don't touch me o, I'm a virgin', and has annnal seks and gives head to Oga akorin.

Be Mr. Right, and never expect too much. No one, not even you, is perfect

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by laplace12(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Maybe, maybe not. smiley tongue cool
cheesy cheesy

We are hopeful smiley smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
laplace12:

cheesy cheesy

We are hopeful smiley smiley

Are you many? tongue

Multiple personality disorder. tongue smiley grin cheesy tongue
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by laplace12(m): 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Are you many? tongue

Multiple personality disorder. tongue smiley grin cheesy tongue

We are actually many, I know. But few or probably only I is speaking up undecided
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
laplace12:

We are actually many, I know. But few or probably only I is speaking up undecided

smiley
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

How do you recognize her / him? cheesy

My dear, I can't really say. I just knew it.

And it was one of those days I wasn't expecting such an occasion.

Besides, I had a girl who was almost forcing herself on me. Immediately, I met my wife. .....the rest na story.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

My dear, I can't really say. I just knew it.

And it was one of those days I wasn't expecting such an occasion.

Besides, I had a girl who was almost forcing herself on me. Immediately, I met my wife. .....the rest na story.

I guess, that is what is called intuition. wink
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by dein77(m): 1:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I guess, that is what is called intuition. wink

Sort of. ....I was so sure like I know it all from the beginning before I was even born.......

We clicked. No struggle. No eye service. My soul knew it...

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

Sort of. ....I was so sure like I know it all from the beginning before I was even born.......

We clicked. No struggle. No eye service. My soul knew it...

I like the sound of it. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
francizy:

Why do girls who wanna settle down switch from runs gehs to church sisters at their late twenties? And why do panel beating, chain smoking and alcoholic males pretend for girls?
Help me tell them to open their eyes before they end up with the worst kind of partner.. sad

Put it down to the excesses of youth and youthful exuberance.

Once past childhood and probably living away from home, the need to "experiment" with life takes hold and you get your late teens and early twenty-something-year-olds trying to live life to the fullest. It's only natural. (I would like to add, that as long as it's within reason, but one person's boundary might be the other person's starting point if you get what I mean.)

Either way, both sexes are "guilty" of this and it's from these interactions / activities / etc that mistakes are made, life's lessons learnt, one gets wiser, etc. It's all part of the learning process. However, there comes a time when the need to slow down and settle, kicks in. It varies from one individual to the next.

And that's why you find many middle aged people in their 40's trying to recapture their youth by doing things they felt they missed out on in their earlier years (mid-life crises). smiley

7 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

Maybe it due to the fact i have got female friends and the truth is i hardly visit females..

I dnt think i am selfish and one thing about i dnt force people or pressure them to do something.
Lemme give u an example..There is this friend of mine that i asked out and she didnt give me any response..i really loved her but i decided to let go of her and the feelings is not there anymore.
She had the whole time in the world to respond Yes or No i didnt get any answer... I have moved on ever since now she says i dnt ask after her again or have her time.

That doesn't sound like love. Not one bit. Why? Because it's not a tap you can switch on / off at your convenience.

You were infatuated with her - briefly.

Okay, tell me, what's your understanding of love? How does a person genuinely in love feel?

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

That doesn't sound like love. Not one bit. Why? Because it's not a tap you can switch on / off at your convenience.

Okay, tell me, what's your understanding of love? How does a person genuinely in love feel?

Good questions. wink wink
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Dheartless: 1:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
I lost the ability to approach a lady for reasons that concern relationship
I don't want to push a girl before she falls in love ( that was how I got here)

I get lots of "green light" attention ( like admiring looks, comments , sometimes some girls ask personal questions, they want to be around), but once I make a move (she might be a friend or a colleague or someone that often cross my part eg a Church member) , I just drop the chase the next moment probably because I cant stand a girls shakara (wanting me to keep chasing for love).
now it has become chronic that even after a warm chat with a lady and she says " i don't give out my number easily, why don't you meet me at this address tomorrow so we can get to know each other well before I can trust you with information about me"
I will simply go and never again bother about her ( in some cases some actually tried to locate me to be sure what went wrong)

I get along with girls a lot though ( they say you are very funny)
so i have been in many relationship with ladies who I would say were in love with me, without me doing almost nothing to be in the relationship but just by being a friend or the normal cool guy she sees around ( may be work place,church , friend of a friend)
before I know things just fall in place ( there are some cases when someone close to me had to pass the message from the girl to me indirectly like " ada says she really love your company and she thinks you are cute"

the problem is that most of the ones I really felt something for always slip away , probably because I said nothing that suggested I wish to get more committed
( one deleted my contact, when I asked why, she said she was expecting a relationship proposal from me but It never came, instead it came from my friend and she accepted thinking I would get angry but I didn't so she had to let me go)

this days I don't even say hi to someone I don't know but I find attractive unless am in a very happy mood

am i suffering from what I detest the most (pride) ?

I don't want to push someone before she falls in love with me ( that was what got me to this stage)
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Good questions. wink wink

Thanks. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
mollytinrox:
Hi Carefreewannabe. Happy Sunday.

As said by a wise poster above me, always keep an open mind. you could meet your spouse anywhere..

Ladies,
His pocket is not as important as his prospects.
He may just be a conservative dresser and spender and you'll be thinking he's 'struggling'.

Be Miss Right, and don't give what you don't want to be given in return.

Dear malefolk,

church/mosque is the last place to find a decent girl because everyone puts on their best behaviour in the house of God. Better a girl you meet in the aisle of a supermarket than someone who says. 'don't touch me o, I'm a virgin', and has annnal seks and gives head to Oga akorin.

Be Mr. Right, and never expect too much. No one, not even you, is perfect

Couldn't help but notice this first grin. You gotta give it to her cleverness.

1 Like

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
Dheartless:
I lost the ability to approach a lady for reasons that concern relationship
I don't want to push a girl before she falls in love ( that was how I got here)

I get lots of "green light" attention ( like admiring looks, comments , sometimes some girls ask personal questions, they want to be around), but once I make a move (she might be a friend or a colleague or someone that often cross my part eg a Church member) , I just drop the chase the next moment probably because I cant stand a girls shakara (wanting me to keep chasing for love).
now it has become chronic that even after a warm chat with a lady and she says " i don't give out my number easily, why don't you meet me at this address tomorrow so we can get to know each other well before I can trust you with information about me"
I will simply go and never again bother about her ( in some cases some actually tried to locate me to be sure what went wrong)

I get along with girls a lot though ( they say you are very funny)
so i have been in many relationship with ladies who I would say were in love with me, without me doing almost nothing to be in the relationship but just by being a friend or the normal cool guy she sees around ( may be work place,church , friend of a friend)
before I know things just fall in place ( there are some cases when someone close to me had to pass the message from the girl to me indirectly like " ada says she really love your company and she thinks you are cute"

the problem is that most of the ones I really felt something for always slip away , probably because I said nothing that suggested I wish to get more committed
( one deleted my contact, when I asked why, she said she was expecting a relationship proposal from me but It never came, instead it came from my friend and she accepted thinking I would get angry but I didn't so she had to let me go)

this days I don't even say hi to someone I don't know but I find attractive unless am in a very happy mood

am i suffering from what I detest the most (pride) ?

I don't want to push someone before she falls in love with me ( that was what got me to this stage)

Try and find the happy medium. Don't chase but don't be so cold. It looks like you are not interested when you behave the way you do. It has to flow. Give and take, take and give. wink The good girls have pride too. wink
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Odunharry(m): 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I know i have this intense feeling for her and was ready to be commited to her..

Lol at d bolded...i know it hard to completely let go/forget someone you have feelings for but i know with time i will 4get her completely..
Though the feeling is still there
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by ihedinobi2: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry, I got you. They are friends you've known a while.

Women can be exasperating, bro, but they are weaker than us. That is why they have a natural tendency to hesitate. They need to know if they are safe with a man. So they test his patience. How much can he take before he gives up on them? How much really do they mean to him?

Sometimes this natural behavior is taken to ridiculous lengths but typically there is always some pause no matter how short for her to figure out how much she really means to you. That knowledge will help her figure out if it's safe for her to let herself go with you.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Try and find the happy medium. Don't chase but don't be so cold. It looks like you are not interested when you behave the way you do. It has to flow. Give and take, take and give. wink The good girls have pride too. wink
Too much pride sometimes. Pride goes before a fall, some proverb says.

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by EfemenaXY: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
Odunharry:

I know i have this intense feeling for her and was ready to be commited to her..

Lol at d bolded...i know it hard to completely let go/forget someone you have feelings for but i know with time i will 4get her completely..
Though the feeling is still there

Being infatuated with someone is usually preceded with intense feelings of longing. Just goes to prove my point.
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
goofyone:

Too much pride sometimes. Pride goes before a fall, some proverb says.

I believe the proverb is very true, pride and arrogance. wink
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Being infatuated with someone is usually preceded with intense feelings of longing. Just goes to prove my point.

What is love then?
Re: How To Find Your Future Spouse by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
ihedinobi2:
Odunharry, I got you. They are friends you've known a while.

Women can be exasperating, bro, but they are weaker than us. That is why they have a natural tendency to hesitate. They need to know if they are safe with a man. So they test his patience. How much can he take before he gives up on them? How much really do they mean to him?

Sometimes this natural behavior is taken to ridiculous lengths but typically there is always some pause no matter how short for her to figure out how much she really means to you. That knowledge will help her figure out if it's safe for her to let herself go with you.
If by women, you meant Nigerian women then I concur. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Save Me Before My Police Husband Kills Me, Wife Cries Out / Are You Sexualizing Your Children? / Can You Share A Toothbrush With Your Lover? Let's Have Your Views.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.