Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests (859 Views)

Lady Gaga Protests As Trump Is Elected President Of The United States (photo) / Difference Between Trump And Clinton Brilliantly Summed Up In One Cartoon / Death Roll Rises After Truck Attacker Kills 84 During Bastille Day In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Dragonking: 11:29am On Jan 18, 2015
The president of Niger says at least 10 people have been
killed in two days of violent protests over a French
publication’s cartoon depicting Prophet Muhammad.
President Mahamadou Issoufou said that five people died
after demonstrations in the capital city of Niamey on
Saturday. The victims were inside churches and bars that
were set ablaze, he said.
The deaths came after at least five people were killed in the
town of Zinder on Friday after prayer services there.
The violence erupted after the French satirical
weekly Charlie Hebdo published a new cartoon depicting the
Prophet Muhammad. The issue, published on Wednesday,
was the first following a January 7 attack on its
headquarters that left 12 dead.
Police fired tear gas at crowds of stone-throwing youths
who set fire to at least six churches and looted shops in
Niamey on Saturday after authorities banned a meeting
called by local Islamic leaders. A police station was
attacked and at least two police cars burned.
Police sources told Reuters that two charred bodies were
found inside a burned church on the outskirts of Niamey,
while the body of a woman was found in a bar. She was
believed to have been suffocated by tear gas and smoke,
they said.
“They offended our Prophet Muhammad. That’s what we
didn’t like,” protester Amadou Abdoul Ouahab said.
“This is the reason why we have asked Muslims to come,
so that we can explain this to them, but the state refused.
That’s why we’re angry today.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/niger-death-toll-rises-after-cartoon-protests/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Jaycool18(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2015
someone posted something in france nd u're fighting in ur country...smh...illiterates

2 Likes

Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by BlackTechnology: 11:54am On Jan 18, 2015
Jaycool18:
someone posted something in france nd u're fighting in ur country...smh...illiterates

Do you notice that our Northern brothers have not gone mad

I suspect

BH or Election
cheesy
Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by stinggy(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Height of stupidity.
Wonder why some people just choose to enslave their selves to religion. If your god feels the act is a mockery of him, why not rise up and strike the offender himself. Why should you be the one to fight his 'battles' for him?

1 Like

Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Sunshineluv(f): 12:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
And some idiots wants me to vote in a muslim as my president. God forbid bad thing! ISLAMABAD

1 Like

Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Dbboy(m): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
What are the protesting about, is it this pic below then this people have lost it.
By the way what those the pic signify

Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
this their weak prophet that they always kill for.
when the time comes we shall see. I can't honour such dead body.
Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
Sunshineluv:
And some idiots wants me to vote in a muslim as my president. God forbid bad thing! ISLAMABAD
don't mind them. only blind bats or those that don't understand this present time will do that.

1 Like

Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Jaycool18(m): 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I suspect

BH or Election
cheesy
ma brother m surprised too
Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by Ikwokrikwo: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
BlackTechnology:

I suspect

BH or Election
cheesy
Unlike in previous cases where we used to have the most violent versions of the riots in northern Nigeria, our brothers are not interested this time around.
Boko haram has taught them a bitter lesson they will never forget.
They nurtured the monster.
Re: Niger Death Toll Rises After Cartoon Protests by redsun(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
Some people are better off dead,except innocent onlookers.

(1) (Reply)

The West's Four-part Strategy To Deal With Radical Islam / Breaking: Bin Laden Is Well And Alive. -Edward Snowden / Vladimir Putin has a very interesting view on Terrorism - see why - Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.