Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Must All Speak In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must All Speak In Tongues? (692 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Must We All Speak In Tongues? 1 Corinthians 14 Vs 2 To 5 / Can The Devil Understand Us When We Speak In Tongues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must All Speak In Tongues? by GoodBoi1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
"Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?" (1 Corinthians 12:29-30).
MUST a believer speak in tongues as a sign that he has received the Holy Spirit (or he has the Holy Spirit)? Pls I need clarity
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
to some...the gift of healing...

to some the gift of prophesy....

to some the gift of speaking in tongues...

to some the gift of interpreting tongues....

to some the gift of vision....
to some the gift of teaching and preaching.....

in all....we are under one body....."christ"!!!
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by GoodBoi1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
patrickdarlins:
to some...the gift of healing...

to some the gift of prophesy....

to some the gift of speaking in tongues...

to some the gift of interpreting tongues....

to some the gift of vision....
to some the gift of teaching and preaching.....

in all....we are under one body....."christ"!!!

But during prayers for Holy Spirit baptism emphasis is placed on speaking in tongues?
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by joe17: 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Op u ar not alone on this.

Me too, I want to know.
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by dein77(m): 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
The emphasis shouldn't be speaking in tongues. Instead it should be allowing the Holy Spirit to possess us after we're baptised.

Speaking in tongues is an accompanying sign that A Christian is baptised in the Holy Ghost.

I'm believing God for that significant experience.

Patrick, I dey see you ooo
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
Abegi!! Speaking in tongues is nt for all and nt having dis gift doesnt mean u havent received d holyspirit or can't communicate with God...

A person speaking in tongues and a person praying in church in understandable words r still doing d same thing. I.e, communication.
While some r therefore blessed with dis gift, others r blessed wit other gifts...evryone to one or more gifts which answers ur question op.
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Yes the GIFT of speaking in tongues is NOT for everyone, becos there must be interpretation and most happen in the gathering of believers, BUT praying and building up yourself IN THE SPIRIT is for every righteous in Christ by faith.

1 Like

Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by tola9ja: 2:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Must All Speak In Tongues? by oprajo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
there is the speaking in tongues which is a sign of the infilling abd the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues.
speaking in tongues or praying in the spirit is every believer . that doesn't mean that if you don't speak in tongues you aren't a christian. it is just that you don't know the how yet.
but the gift of speaking in tongues is to prophesy in other tongues which when interpreted is equal to the gift of prophecy.
There are two experiences which the bible teaches.
1) the baptism of the holy spirit means to be born again (new birth) Which brings about the indwelling of the HOLY SPIRIT.
2 ) the second experience is a continuous experience .sometimes the bible calls receiving the Holy spirit which sometimes confuses people if they don't study the bible. it sometimes referred to as the Holy spirit coming upon the believer. The bible teaches us how to be continually filled with the holy spirit.

(1) (Reply)

The American Missionary That Sterilised An Entire Asian Tribe / Evil Patterns Of The Devil... A Must Read. / Election Prophecy Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.