Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Opinion:open Letter To Louis Van Gaal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion:open Letter To Louis Van Gaal (580 Views)

Opininon:open Letter To Louis Van Gaal / An Open Letter To Louis Van Gaal / A Nairalander Open Letter To Louis Van Gaal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion:open Letter To Louis Van Gaal by Titilayodeji13(m): 1:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Dear Louis van Gaal,
It was very sense of relief for me especially after you resume as Manchester United new manager but your decision to be using a unfamiliar formation is giving me a lot of head ache.
In the game against QPR,We need to switch out of the the 3-5-2. The fact that there have been like 5 or so matches this season in which you start with 3-5-2 but was force to switch out of it because the team is playing bad in it speaks volume to how it needs to go.
I have seen a couple United fans defend the use of the 3-5-2, using your argument that it provides "balance" and better defense, and I wonder if these people are watching the matches. I'm not trying to bash anyone since we are all United fans but are you people defending this formation watching the team play? Balance? Is balance what you call playing almost everybody out of position? Rooney in midfield and Di Maria as striker is balance? Is balance using a formation that prevent you from using the players (Hererra, Shaw, Falcao) that you spent millions on? Is balance what you call using a formation that exploit all of our CBs weakness? A formation that is requiring the CBs to have the ball on their feet so much that in some matches they have more possession than our attackers isn't balance.
Also, the ideal that the formation provide better defense is unfounded. We have allow just about the same amount of goals this year as we allow under Moyes 4-4-2 last year and we have a worst goal differential right now. Also, anyone watching the matches know our defensive record is decieving. The only reason we haven't allow more goal is De Gea. He is on one of the best goalkeeping form ever. His form right is better than Van dar Ser when he set the record.
How many times have we seen one of our CBs turn the ball over because the 3-5-2 requires them
to have the ball on their feet and give the opposing player a goal scoring opportunity only to have De Gea come up with a big save? Uncountable. How many times have we seen our CBs been out of position in 3-5-2 formation because they don't know how to play in it only to be save by De Gea making a big save? Uncountable? Any balance or defense solidarity
that anyone think the 3-5-2 provide is perceived and far from reality.

Truly yours.
Odeyele Ayodeji.

Re: Opinion:open Letter To Louis Van Gaal by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
van gal....take ur time ooo

i nor know weda u worse pass moyes now oo
Re: Opinion:open Letter To Louis Van Gaal by ggrin(f): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
Wtf

(1) (Reply)

Read Wenger’s Transcript After Arsenal’s 5-0 Win Against Aston Villa / UCL: Arsenal Vs Monaco. Today At 8:45pm / How To Make Money On 9japredict.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.