Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Opinion: God Made A Mistake - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: God Made A Mistake (968 Views)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / Clear Error In The Bible: God Could Not Make Such A Mistake / God Made Technologies......... And Not Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: God Made A Mistake by lilcutie8916(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
If the reason for Gods destruction of the world during the flood was because of man's sin, then why allow man to survive since we were still going to continue in this sin or even be worse than before. Don't u think it was all just pointless? genesis said that man sin was too much so god had to destroy the world and leave just one holy family to re seed the earth. i am sure with gods infinity he should have know we would just go right back to the reason why he destroyed us in the first place. so my question is what was the point.
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Question for the gods.
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by korrej(m): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hmmm...the lord works in mysterious ways!
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by ggrin(f): 1:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Baba dariji op, nitori op o mokan ton so embarassed
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by Truth24(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
And u said God made a mistake?
Mmmmm....Ur small brain is taking to madness
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by gracile(f): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hey lilboy, u know what..
first try to make heaven, when u do, ask God when u see him k
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by lilcutie8916(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
gracile:
Hey lilboy, u know what..
first try to make heaven, when u do, ask God when u see him k
so u cant answer? u guys always claim to have all the answers.
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by gracile(f): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
lilcutie8916:
we guys, who?
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by torchwave: 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
lilcutie8916:
Please give us names of the omniscient christians you've come across.

I shall attempt your question because the answer is already in the Bible.

Why did God keep Noah to repopulate the earth if He knew man would continue in sin? Your question in a nutshell.

In the garden of Eden, when Man fell, God told the devil that His seed, Jesus, would bruise his head while the devil would bruise His heel. The prophecy had not come to pass during the Flood.

God's plans are different from your plans. He might tell you His destination but you can never understand the path He takes to that destination. His ways are mysterious. His ultimate plan was redemption of Man but the devil tried to stop that plan by making evil increase on the earth so that God would destroy man that the seed as prophesied should not come to pass. God destroyed the earth with water but He kept Noah to be His vessel through which His Word would come to pass.

Now if God destroyed man from the face of the earth without fulfilling His plan of redemption from sin, does that make His Word reliable?

Others might give even better reasons than this but this should suffice as answer to your question.
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by pesty100(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
torchwave:
Please give us names of the omniscient christians you've come across.

I shall attempt your question because the answer is already in the Bible.

Why did God keep Noah to repopulate the earth if He knew man would continue in sin? Your question in a nutshell.

In the garden of Eden, when Man fell, God told the devil that His seed, Jesus, would bruise his head while the devil would bruise His heel. The prophecy had not come to pass during the Flood.

God's plans are different from your plans. He might tell you His destination but you can never understand the path He takes to that destination. His ways are mysterious. His ultimate plan was redemption of Man but the devil tried to stop that plan by making evil increase on the earth so that God would destroy man that the seed as prophesied should not come to pass. God destroyed the earth with water but He kept Noah to be His vessel through which His Word would come to pass.

Now if God destroyed man from the face of the earth without fulfilling His plan of redemption from sin, does that make His Word reliable?

Others might give even better reasons than this but this should suffice as answer to your question.
instead of this long epistle you should have just said God works in mysterious ways
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by lilcutie8916(m): 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
so in short god created the devil knew that the devil will rebel against him and allowed it, he knew that man will eat the apple yet he still put it there so man will eat it and yet he was angry when man ate it. He saw mans fall before it happened and yet regretted making man even when he already saw it happening? then he destroyed man for a sin that he committed even when he himself knowingly put the temptation in the garden and knew that same temptation will make man fall. or are my getting anything wrong here please correct me. don't mind my punctuation
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by malvisguy212: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
lilcutie8916:
If the reason for Gods destruction of the world during the flood was because of man's sin, then why allow man to survive since we were still going to continue in this sin or even be worse than before. Don't u think it was all just pointless? genesis said that man sin was too much so god had to destroy the world and leave just one holy family to re seed the earth. i am sure with gods infinity he should have know we would just go right back to the reason why he destroyed us in the first place. so my question is what was the point.
God is loving,caring and merciful,all this are among the nature of God, God will not created a spiritual being and abandoned them, remember man possessed the image of God.

When God caused adam,eve and the serpent,this indicated that God will not abandoned them because they are to go through this punishment. The plans of salvation begun the day adam sinned.
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by Lex11(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
One could speculate all day, which would be pointless. Just know that GOD is "righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works" - Psalm 145:17

=====

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." -Isaiah 55:8-9

"O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" - Romans 11:33
Re: Opinion: God Made A Mistake by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
God didn't make mistake though bible said God repented but after the flood he smell noah sacrifice, set rainbow in the sky and said he is not going to destroy the world with water again
we therefore have no excuse again after he has sent his only son to the world. bible said Jesus we see going up will come back, the lamp of God then will turn to a loin of Judah tear apart the unrepented

mind you He never made mistake

(1) (Reply)

Ten Things In The Bible That Christians Dont Believe / Confessions Of An International Prostitute!!! / Photos From The Burial Of Muslims Killed In The Mecca Crane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.