Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,183 members, 7,807,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin (1132 Views)

Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos / Boko Haram: Army Arrest Two Officers For Sabotage / New Igbo Group Vows To Avenge Killings In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2008
Police arrest two for distributing cassettes urging muslims to avenge Jos killings they allegedly started in the first place
Written by Emeka Mamah
Friday, December 19, 2008

KADUNA—THE Police in Kaduna have arrested two people for allegedly distributing inciting cassettes urging Muslims to avenge the killing of Muslims during the recent mayhem in Jos, the Plateau state capital.

Police sources said that the two suspects, one of whom is an Islamic scholar were arrested at the Kabala Doki area of Kaduna metropolis with the cassettes which were recorded in Arabic language.

Sources said that the police uncovered the scheme when detectives stormed the shop of one of the suspects said to be distributing the inciting cassettes in his shop in Kabala Doki following a tip off.

According to the sources the cassettes which were being distributed urged Muslims to avenge the Jos killings of Muslims and inherit heaven.

The shop owner was said to have named an Islamic scholar cum preacher in Kabala Doki as the one who gave him the cassettes to distribute.

The police, according to the sources promptly dispatched a unit of Operation Yaki, (the Kaduna state security outfit made up of the army and the police) which immediately arrested the Islamic preacher.

“The police arrived Kabala Doki when they had just finished the evening prayer and arrested the preacher who was sitting in the midst of his followers after the evening prayers.

“There was near pandemonium when the police took the preacher as his followers wanted to attack. The police had to shoot sporadically in the air to scare them off. “The preacher was arrested along with more cassettes and several other inciting materials in his possession and was taken to the Criminal Intelligence Bureau located at Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Kaduna, for further questioning,” the source said.

Confirming the arrests, Police Public Relations Officer, Kaduna State Police Command, Aminu Lawan ( DSP), said that “it is true that we have arrested two suspects in connection with the circulation of the cassettes in question and we have commenced thorough investigations into the matter so as to knowing those behind it or the level they have gone.

“So far, the area is calm, there is no problem, but we have put in place machinery to ensure adequate security through out the state,” the PPRO said.

Lawan further said that the police command has mobilized enough of its men to ensure adequate security during the Christmas festivities.

“We have enough conventional mobile and plain clothes police men to fortify all the key and strategic points of vulnerable areas to ensure peaceful conduct during the Christmas festivities,” he said and urged members of the public to be law abiding and report any suspicious movement noticed in their areas for prompt response by the police.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/19/307.html
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2008
The war continues. How many of these tapes have been distributed?.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by asha80(m): 12:20am On Dec 21, 2008
shocked shocked shocked Na wao!
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by gbengeoosa: 12:25am On Dec 21, 2008
well to me i think we have not known hw to accomodate one another is this country nigeria.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by Naijex: 1:23am On Dec 21, 2008
Be4 we use to cry no  nepa, no water, no good roads, armed robbers etc but the problem we are facing now is worst. Now we have Islamofascist, insurgents, nation breakers, warlords, terrorists. Even the new generation (21th century intellect) are worst than the Umaru Dikko.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2008
well to me i think we have not known hw to accomodate one another is this country nigeria.

We've passed the accommodation stage because it's clearly not working.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by DRANOEL(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2008
then christians should get ready for war too

battlefield- jos - where north meets south
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by NegroNtns(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2008
We've passed the accommodation stage because it's clearly not working.

What has not worked? On the scale of destroyed lives and properties that are reported with these recurring riots, "form" has lost relevance, we need "substance".

In any society people are expected to rise up along the seam of their social distinctions and agitate for separation or cohesion as the case may be. Government has the responsibility to either prevent the division or to wedge an effective wall between as the situation may call for. There is a solution method called MEDIATION. It is a proactive method of de-escalating problem. Instead of facilitating a dialogue, everytime there is talk of riots or uprising or trouble, Nigerian government respond by mobilizing its para military and military force to react to the situation. The people are predictable in their agitation and it should be expected, the govt has failed to lead and has no clue, beside responding with heavy force, how to manage the conflict.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 7:08am On Dec 23, 2008
What has not worked? On the scale of destroyed lives and properties that are reported with these recurring riots, "form" has lost relevance, we need "substance".

In any society people are expected to rise up along the seam of their social distinctions and agitate for separation or cohesion as the case may be. Government has the responsibility to either prevent the division or to wedge an effective wall between as the situation may call for. There is a solution method called MEDIATION. It is a proactive method of de-escalating problem. Instead of facilitating a dialogue, everytime there is talk of riots or uprising or trouble, Nigerian government respond by mobilizing its para military and military force to react to the situation. The people are predictable in their agitation and it should be expected, the govt has failed to lead and has no clue, beside responding with heavy force, how to manage the conflict.

Mediation with aboki? Are you nuts?. You are dealing with a nomadic aborigene who understands nothing but violence and murder. How dare you preach mediation as a possible way to stop the senseless killings?. Were you born last week?. Unless you meant mediation after they've caused the havoc because it's bound to happen over and over again. I think the best way to restrain them is by raising a SWAT squad that will be positioned in every nook and cranny of the North or try the tit for tat method. If 5000 abokis were slaughtered in Ibadan after they massacred the yorubas in Jos , I bet you they will think twice before killing another next time and try their possible best to stay away from tapes like this.

America has tried dialogue with arabians but when they discovered that they have barbaric mentality, they employed the fire for fire method. Have you seen them attacking on American soil since then?. Nonsense, they'd rather mediate with bulls than Southerners.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by Olaolufred(m): 4:01pm On Dec 23, 2008
I am a Christian, by act and not with just mouth.

Muslim is purported to be a peacefull religion.

I believe that for the reason of believing in my brothers despite religious differences.

However, Illiteracy is at the root of the northern occurences we are witnessing.

I came to become a christian even though the generation b4 me were muslim.

I spent muslims money, i lived with them, they are the intimate cousins, nephews,

uncles and aunts i have.

It will take illiteracy for someone to brainwash me to kill them in other to go to heaven.

The pity now is that, our northern brothers still prevent most of their children from western education.

Why? the youth corpers wants to convert them to christian.

My heart bleeds for lack of knowledge that is exhibited by most of my northern bros.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
I am a Christian, by act and not with just mouth.

Muslim is purported to be a peacefull religion.

I believe that for the reason of believing in my brothers despite religious differences.

However, Illiteracy is at the root of the northern occurences we are witnessing.

I came to become a christian even though the generation before me were muslim.

I spent muslims money, i lived with them, they are the intimate cousins, nephews,

uncles and aunts i have.

It will take illiteracy for someone to brainwash me to kill them in other to go to heaven.

The pity now is that, our northern brothers still prevent most of their children from western education.

Why? the youth corpers wants to convert them to christian.

My heart bleeds for lack of knowledge that is exhibited by most of my northern bros.

It's a pity.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ earthmama,

There is no collateral damage here.

Northerners kill Southerners who are succesful bizmen and who do southerners kill in return? gatemen, Mai suya and who?

You see the imbalance?
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ earthmama,

[b]Northerners kill Southerners who are succesful bizmen [/b]and who do southerners kill in return? gatemen, Mai suya and who?

You see the imbalance?
grin grin grin grin and graduates. That's why they have all the aces. The southerner that lives in a glass house cannot throw a stone because he's got all to lose.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by MaiSuya(m): 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2008
dayokanu:

@ earthmama,

Northerners kill Southerners who are succesful bizmen and who do southerners kill in return? gatemen, Mai suya and who?

You see the imbalance?

yes is anyone calling? yeye
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2008
yes is anyone calling? yeye

Lol, I didn't know you are a maiguard. First time i am seeing one that can use the computer. grin grin
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by IGWEUSA(m): 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2008
I didnt see Muza's opinion on this thread. He would probably support the distribution of d tapes inciting violence.

*************may God forgive these violence mongers********************** lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by Naijex: 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2008
He fit be the sponsor self.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by udezue(m): 1:46am On Dec 28, 2008
I can't wait to see my people pull out of Nigeria. MAD PEOPLE MAD NATION.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 8:41am On Dec 28, 2008
He fit be the sponsor self.
grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by Tapiya(m): 11:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
And has anyone Noticed that some so called right Groups are out there asking for a probe into the Killings? that Innocent Muslims where Masacred? has anyone seen that news before now? Its funny, am from Jos, Born and Bred there I did not leave Jos until I was about the age of 25 So I know the Ins and outs of Jos, My friend who witnessed it First hand told me how He saw Men in Military Uniforms when But Luckily for him he went into Hiding and the next thing he saw the Hausa Fellows coming Behind the Guy with the Military Uniform, what they were doing was for them to go to a Christian Dominated area and Pretend that they came to take down the Tension only for them to Corner the People and start a masacre and when the shoot at sight order was Given some of them actually went ahead to confront the Military, the truth is We have had enough of them if they are not ready to stay as friends then they can go back to where they came from and rule themselves there None of our Men or Women have gone to kano to contest for Election, If you contest an Election and Everyone wants you then its ok but if there is a different Voice then listen to it, They have had an Oppotunity to rule Jos Before now, this is not the first time, the Member House of representative Representing Jos north Bassa and Jos east is a Hausa man becos he was accepted by most of the People but then that should not make it a compulsary thing. If they try it Again they will fail and again and Again we have woken up from our sleep and we are not ever going to Allow that again.
Re: Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin by earTHMama: 8:57am On Dec 30, 2008
And has anyone Noticed that some so called right Groups are out there asking for a probe into the Killings? that Innocent Muslims where Masacred? has anyone seen that news before now? Its funny, am from Jos, Born and Bred there I did not leave Jos until I was about the age of 25 So I know the Ins and outs of Jos, My friend who witnessed it First hand told me how He saw Men in Military Uniforms when But Luckily for him he went into Hiding and the next thing he saw the Hausa Fellows coming Behind the Guy with the Military Uniform, what they were doing was for them to go to a Christian Dominated area and Pretend that they came to take down the Tension only for them to Corner the People and start a masacre and when the shoot at sight order was Given some of them actually went ahead to confront the Military, the truth is We have had enough of them if they are not ready to stay as friends then they can go back to where they came from and rule themselves there None of our Men or Women have gone to kano to contest for Election, If you contest an Election and Everyone wants you then its ok but if there is a different Voice then listen to it, They have had an Oppotunity to rule Jos Before now, this is not the first time, the Member House of representative Representing Jos north Bassa and Jos east is a Hausa man because he was accepted by most of the People but then that should not make it a compulsary thing. If they try it Again they will fail and again and Again we have woken up from our sleep and we are not ever going to Allow that again.

Get ready for more massacre.

(1) (Reply)

Sex Barter! Nigerian Shares Wife With American For Green Card / Yar'adua's Son Makes Ministerial List / Jonathan’s Untold Story - Alamieyeseigha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.