Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50508 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Akshow: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
DanceVille:
Reticent-Not revealing one's thought and feeling.
Loquacious-Talkative..
u try small
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by HzRF(m): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Mugulicious mugu
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
Mrwhalex:
Ubiquitous
Ubiquitous-Appearing or found everywhere.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
DaZion:
"Kapook"...
Kapook-A Fluffy fibre resembling cotton wool.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
Akshow:
u try small
Hmm..
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Fribery: 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
SELENAqueensy:

Lol, thanks

I like you.. can we be friends??
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Mrwhalex(m): 6:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
DanceVille:
Ubiquitous-Appearing or found everywhere.
wink
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by jhudit(f): 7:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
DaZion:
Mine is..."Laissez-faire"
a french word,means being care-free
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DaZion(m): 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Fribery:

I like you.. can we be friends??
Guy, I fi dey gbadu ur paro o!!
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DaZion(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
jhudit:
a french word,means being care-free

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DaZion(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lackadaisical...
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ayolatun(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2015
Apotheosis

Savant

Fiasco

Trepid

Muckrake

Salubrious

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Mutuwa(m): 8:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
falcon01:
Kakistomoboplutoctacy grin

This is patrick like in nature.. wink
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Joshuadon: 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Sobriquet
Moniker
Appellation

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
DaZion:
Lackadaisical...
Lackadaisical-Lacking Enthusiasm and thoroughness
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lackey..
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Badema: 8:48pm On Jan 18, 2015
Discombobulate
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by oluyemisee(f): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
DanceVille:
Hey Guys....

Drop an English word that will make someone to check d dictionary..

I mean an English word that people wouldn't believe it Exists in the Dictionary..

Mine is "Table d'hôte"..
Table d'hote is one of the TERMINOLOGIES in hospitality mgt.so its perculia to pple in dat field
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DaZion(m): 9:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
DanceVille:
Lackey..
Means "Servant".
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by despeakableme: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
One word:

Mtchew
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Fkforyou(m): 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
Schlemiel.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Ethereal0110(f): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
Imbroglio*angst*fastidity*
DanceVille:
Hey Guys....

Drop an English word that will make someone to check d dictionary..

I mean an English word that people wouldn't believe it Exists in the Dictionary..

Mine is "Table d'hôte"..
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Penssuwa(m): 11:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Misoneism
misogyny
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Cruzeiro(m): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
theism
feu
fou
voe
flatulence
spurious
meno
yeti
jete
pst

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by McStoic(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
Cann't recall much now.
Pique
Atoll
Knoll
Knell
Whorl
Askew
Askance
Fuchsia
Burgundy
Heliotropy
Ilk
Sequin
Chamomile
Peter out
John
Impasse
Beulah
Hew
Gargoyles
Cicada..........etc

2 Likes

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by romzyxy(m): 12:00am On Jan 19, 2015
mephistophelian
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LarrySun(m): 12:22am On Jan 19, 2015
Jejune.

Most people have never heard of the word, but it's right there in the dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tolutweety(m): 2:42am On Jan 19, 2015
Someone help me with the meaning of these words:

_scrypt
_therealadonye

Tenk! undecided grin
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 3:12am On Jan 19, 2015
juxtapose

iraimbilanja
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tattesco(m): 6:43am On Jan 19, 2015
Migarindiasis.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 7:31am On Jan 19, 2015
LarrySun:
Jejune.

Most people have never heard of the word, but it's right there in the dictionary.
Means "Dull".
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DanceVille: 7:32am On Jan 19, 2015
Here are mine
Schmaltz
Schnapps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Nlng Post Graduate Scholarship 2015 / Nigeria Immigration Shortlisted Names For 2015 Recruitment CBT EXAM. / 'Evil Spirit' Reportedly Attacks Female Students In High School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.