Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (146970 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
I was so tired that i dozed off in the office today. The stress of the weekend was overwhelming. Had to supervise the re-laying of cables and general cleaning of the flat. Started at 7am and didnt end until about 9pm. So bad i didnt even go for my pals wedding. Had artisans all over the house doing stuff.

Presently interviewing a potential driver and the guy is reeking of alcohol can u guys imagine. He blames it on frustation blah blah.Sounds very intelligent though, but can i trust this chap, men i dont know o. Another turnoff is that the guy talks too much. My partner kinds of likes him though. He actually finished from St Gregs Lagos. Well told him he has to register for the next JAMB, cos i think he is to intelligent to be a driver. I have promised that if he passes JAMB, then i undertake to pay 50% of his tuition fees.

My 80+ client called me today to have a rethink on his brief. Men this baba doesnt give up sha. Told him i would do so and get back to him by Wednesday. There is nothing to rethink. No is No.I never wan die.

Whats up for vals day people. Any suggestions?
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Lawyer,
I really feel ur pains. That thing can be so frustrating. So many times in the past i spent sleepless nights preparing arguments particularly for the Court of Appeal, only to get there the next day and the Court did not sit. Remember particularly an instance where upon arriving the office i was informed that our application for stay of execution had been fixed for hearing that morning at Abeokuta. Since i  have a set of Court attire in the office, i sped off to Abeokuta. Arrived there at about 8.15am, registrars didnt come into until 10.30am. At about 11.30am the registrar told me tha the court was not sitting for no apparent reason. Was i mad, sure as hell i was. But what could i do. Left Abeokuta and went home straight.

I consider such happenings as the hazards of law practice.

Cheers
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
Hey house.
Sounds like Monday ain't going so well grin

@jericho
Are you moving into a 12-bedroom flat? grin Thought you'd be done by now. Hope your pal understood your absence from his wedding sha.
You really want val suggestions? That's making me smile,dunno why grin

@Jarus
Hmm.  .  .perhaps you should tell your supervisor that you want to take on more responsibility at the office.  .  .magic words- work will come crashing all over you,this time with deadlines grin

@lawyer
Pele o. Ain't easy.  .  .just relax,after all you're very right. Working when you're not fully alert mentally will yield a less than perfect result.
Question - do you do search reports?

@Tkb
If they sack you just vex and become a partner in Jericho's firm. You'll manage the financial side.

@topic
Been accompanying my senior officers to meetings today.  .  .from one organization/company/firm to the other selling our products,offering our services,answering questions and sometimes getting very technical indeed. Truly there were a few times I got lost. I really need to do some reading and calculating.
I also did some talking of my own,and I was pretty convincing too grin Love this biz sometimes.  .  .the people I saw today ehn,I'm still amazed!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Cristalz
Every Monday, i feel like a junkie checking into detox or something like that. With withdrawal symptoms & all.

@topic
anyways today was kinda mixed.

*  Closed a very tidy TD deal, that turned out as a win win for all parties (moi, the customer & the bank in that order). Will collect check tomorrow(note to self: wear the power pinstripe)
*  made a couple of calls to some HiNetWorth's  that sounded real promising
*  Was harshly reminded of my below par performance as regards the various targets (kinda becoming impervious to the Jabs).
*  I'm sure i've got a lil beef brewing with the Capo of my departmental Mafia (like i give 2 f***s, anytime anywhere baby, i dey kampe)

Still wish i could love this aspect of the biz like Cristalz, tho i acknowledge its the best course for now.
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 5:23am On Feb 10, 2009
@Cristals,

I claim the 12 bedroom mansion o. No mind me o na just ordianry 5 bedroom. Like u said if i am complaining now, wot will happen when i build the 12 bedroom u have prophesied for me. As for my guy i beleive so too, but right now i dont think the guy care cos he is on the moon. No xtrenous factors until he comes down from there.

As for the val suggestions, bring it on, i am waiting. So glad it falls on a saturday, cos the traffic it causes within Ikoyi, V.I and Lekki axis na die.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:44am On Feb 10, 2009
Happy people whts going on?

today is a good day (hehe). yesterday was not only hectic but happened to be a day ill like to forget in a hurry.
after failing to meet ma deadlines yesterday, i had a serious battle with my boss who said all his head could carry and we were both at each others throat yesterday. I shut down my lappy, went to the visitors lounge and plugged ma earfones to ma head. I was there for 1.30 hrs and later got back when the Oga patapata sent a text to ma fone asking where i was.

met with him and he also tongue lashed me for acting like that. That was when i remembered i didnt pray when i woke up in the mornin.
the day ended on a bad note cos the whole doc meant for our foreign partners got damaged. The stuff wasnt responding for a long time and i had to go to the task menu to close the application thinking all i did will be recovered.
My eyes opened wide and i cursed like madd that all ma colleagues started begging me to stop when all ma ive done since morning had disappeared!
I told ma boss and he told me to reproduce it in 30 mins!! shocked shocked
something ive been working on since 8am

The whole of ma office knew something happened that even the private equity chaps came asking me what happened. I think i need to reconsider the offer they gave me in our PE unit. Time to cross carpet. i cant work with these beasts of no nation again. damn!

i fasted yesterday and i didnt brake ma fast till 11pm when i got home. I had to reproduce the stuff before i left the office and the oga practically packed his Mac and sat beside me chatting.

Today o, they came in and asked me if i had/have personal problems and i said NO. They later told me they rely on me a lot and i should stop giving them nightmares. Never knew my middle name is now 'the nightmare'. The guy asked me again how they could help me cos they consider me as one of the brightest and i said, a move to our PE unit wouldnt be a bad idea and b4 i could say Jack Robinson, the guy said I DO NOT HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL!!

we settled it and they promised me some DP ( ancient o) at our usual slaughter ground ( the penthouse)

its all gud people and my work today is going on smoothly.

Cristalz
u want me to partner a lawyer? ah
if i leave here, na to go village go start mechanized farming. Never gonna say yes sir to no bones again after this place
imme take ma time well b4 i jump or else lipsrsealed

where is Tollu?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jonohjon: 11:32am On Feb 10, 2009
Peeps, men its been kinda hectic had to come on here to chill the nerves, spent over 7hours yesterday in two different meetings and by the time I came out , urs truly was like a phantom, hungry, tired and fustrated as mgt practically put a knife to my neck. Its not there fault, its because I don't have liver like Jericho, to go run my own show. Anyhow the gist is that I had worked with my team for about two weeks to produce a report I felt my fetch a big part on the back only for for some over sabi fellow to claim the report area of focus was too futuristic (as if I'm a star trek crew) to cut long story short they want to me re-submit that same report 6 months down the line and reproduce another one that can be operational at a go!
God help me and this telephone business. angry
So folks whats happening outthere?
@TkB417
How far? I can feel you man some of these ogas need to be harassed back at times (afterall even one of my one subordinate sef don harass before) they tend to respect one thereafter (but small small do am o)
@Cristalz

Hope cabal is growing?
@[b][/b]Jericho
I guess by now u are fully settled in.
Full house my hands in the air
Ahah one last thing urs truly need to get data on Nigeria disposable income (state by state) any idea anyone of where to look.
My reseach team is taking all the time in the world.
Re: Welcome To My Office by damiso(f): 4:05pm On Feb 10, 2009
hey guys been so busy and tired that i have not had time to come in here to share work hassle.

I have had to do some sort of meetings for some personal issues that might affect work so i have been in a whirlwind of meetings since last week with HR,my manager,occupational health etc.Add to this to my workload and men its been tiring.Its not easy being a working woman(though i would never trade it for the role of full time housewife).I am really struggling but it is all Good the Lord is my strength.Have to go now,have letters and emails to respond to.

PS: this situation is not a life threatening one so my peeps do not worry about me.Its one of those things that are the joys of life. winkand explains why i have been feeling so under the weather for the past few weeks.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2009
Damiso is it what I think?? cheesy Then congratulations!!

@ Tkb

Ol boy take am easy oh. I think you should take Friday off and go on a trip or something. The stress is getting to everyone too much in that office of yours. (you sef suppose pray before you comot house na grin grin)

@ Crizzle

keep hobnobbing with the big peeps, contacts would come in handy eventually. wink

@ Jericho & Lawyer

Keep doing your thing guys - dealing with human beings is always more difficult than anything else.

Let me give a recap on y'day first of all.

It rained, rained and RAINED. A month's worth of rain in one day. Roads were flooded, drains were getting clogged, in fact it was like time to start building Noah's ark v2.0 grin grin

Was stuck in meetings all day - back to back to back. cheesy Meant I spent little time at my pc so I could avoid my numbers crunching for another day. Will have to face it today though.

Now back to the rain, external regulator decided y'day was the day he wanted to come in. What is it with these people and rain sef? The last time his counterpart came in November it was pouring like mad too and I had to go out in the rain to inspect the bloody gas turbines as well because of some issues we've been having with emissions.

Was soaked nearly to the skin, my expensive (£6 grin grin) shirt got stained by the orange overalls I had to wear, so I just dey vex. tongue

To end the day on a funny note, I got back into the office and I decided not to change out of my overalls and just keep them on for another hour before leaving work. Now I had to take a piss so I went into the men's room, where I discovered that this overall is not designed for. . . em. . . easy access to Debo junior to pass fluids. grin grin

I sha struggled with the darn thing and managed to complete the task without pissing myself and the whole floor. grin grin

As for today, I woke up, couldn't find anything - no car keys, no wallet, no freaking ID!! Abi winch don enter this house? undecided Eventually came to work using my spare car keys, didn't find it. sad

Had an 8am emergency response meeting and I was late (AGAIN). At least I tried this month, last month I completely forgot about the meeting and strolled into work at 9am grin grin grin so I've improved.

Got a big box today - belated 'hamper' for good performance last year. I thought only people with 6months and above would get one, so I had already removed my mind from the mata, before the chick in charge said she put in our (me and a couple of other recent starts names). cheesy Those bottles go hear am next week cos I have to stay sober till Monday morning. tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2009
Hello everybody, I hate leaving this place for too long, there's always so much stuff missed and lotsa stuff to type

Welcome on board Jarus
Hmmmm, Oil and gas Accountant? I envy you.

Jericho
Ahn ahn, what’s up with these artisans destroying your stuff? Whose head are you gonna have for that abi na val’s gift for the careless installer?

Also, it’s good that you are trying to help the driver but watch out for people that talk and drink too much. Help in the way that you can but don’t be too “familiar”

Cristalz

Yeah, I sure was glad for the weekend and it was a long one indeed. Left work early on Friday and was out of the office throughout Monday. A career change is in the horizon

Learning new stuff is one of the reasons a girl accepts crazy hours and maybe a lousy package cos when push comes to shove you have a whole body of experience and if it’s a client based job, a HUGE network.

TKB aka THE NIGHTMARE

So how did your work from hotel go?
Hope ur belle is holding up as per the fast?

Man, your Monday was really rough. Thank God you have that all sorted out.
Your day wasn't messed up because u didn't pray, shit just happens sometimes.

Ebariba
You are welcome on board. Enjoy the laid back job o and if it’s too laid back, find something to do on the side: a business of your own or professional exams.
You and Jarus had better enjoy the salary and free period while it lasts but make sure there’s some level of self development on the side even if it’s just building your network

Lawyer
Tough luck as per the messed up plan. That’s Government in Nigeria for you.
A cousin of mine was taken to the hospital on Sunday morning for excruciating pain. It was diagnosed as Appendicitis. Oya, let us operate on him and they said the operation couldn’t be carried out because the Medical Director was not around to review the case.
Imagine that! And na big Hospital o

Damiso
Awwwww how very cute. take good care of yourself ok? No stress for one of the people currently obeying the word of the lord

Debosky
LOL at the overalls ah erm, lack of slot. te he he

How can you not find all your stuff? Definitely, winch don enter be that. Please get an exorcist o
Seriously though, that stuff is usually not funny o. Been looking for my house keys, phone charger since last sunday. Charging phone with USB cord is not so interesting.

Aha @ Topic
These people want to kill me. At this rate I'm going, so many little details will be misplaced and someone will be wanting another someone's head. Too much coffee an too little food has made me irritable.
Posting on this thread is the only relaxing thing I've done all day.

AAAArrrrrrGGGGGhhhhhh
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2009
Debosky
ure funny o, whats happening in ur crib? u need some help o grin
u want me to take a trip on Friday? if i tell my peeps such a thing, they'll think im never gonna come back.
Besides, how many times will i be going for trips in a year?
The next episode is slated for September, it cant be earlier

how ur side?

Tollu
u calling me the nightmare
ill fight u o grin

ma peeps
today went well and now im stepping down with Mega Plaza shawama and some fruit juice.
im going home o traffic or no traffic. i must get home early today

where are the others? Contactuzo, Oyb, Muki, dayo and his models, Tgirl, Jarus the accountant et al

Ja
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2009
@diggler
Hey. . .hope you got the cheque. I'm assuming you wore the power pinstripe grin

@Jericho
You really want suggestions? Okay. . .the next sms beep on your phone will be it cheesy grin 5-bedroom flat? Getting married next month or something? That one na family house!! Lol. Hope work's going okay.

@Tkb
Poor dude. Your monday was really rough. Happens once in a while though.

@damiso
Yay!!! Lol grin Congrats o.

@tollu
Go easy dearie. You're changing careers? That's ambitiously cool,lol. Hope it's something that really gives you joy you're going into.

@debo
You're just a case,lol. Hope you didn't dash some nice girl the car keys for val? And the wallet( paper contents only) too?
How were the turbines you inspected? Gas emissions sounds kinda scary. Congrats on your box.

@topic
Work today was busy. . .my senior colleague went on leave and handed over to me and another dude. We had a lot to take care of, his customers' issues plus ours. Kept me on the move for the most part of today - in-house move o. Sit at your table for 10 mins attending to stuff on the system, then off to Credit office, then downstairs to Ops, then sideways to Cash, upstairs again to the office, upstairs still to some other person's office, all depending on what things there are to be attended to at that point in time. Thank God for intercom, but there are times when you have to get up and go attend to some issues yourself.
And while doing all this walking around and sitting, another customer is calling your phone asking you to come pick up a cheque or bring a form for him/her to do a foreign transaction.
My colleagues always tell me to calm down and not let customers pressurize me else I'll just get confused,lol grin Learning to relax and multi task at an organized pace. . .
More details later. Lemme concentrate on Glo/Caf awards now.
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 9:22pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ Cristalz
Tore shit up with that suit. Even them honeys was itchin for a piece (forthcoming weekend is complicated as it is but i still got the numbers tho)

@tkb
Glad u had a great day, Diggin ur Posts man
Ur side of the Financial Services industry is it, crunchy meltdown or not.

@Tollu

Lay off the Caffeine, Trust me on that.

@Topic
I had a smooth day. got the check also taught a senior colleague a lesson or two about marketing. ( u dont have to sound so pathetic out there plus It aint about life & death).
Also expecting some major inflows before the week runs out.

Was given the run around by some dude i've been tryin to get an appointment with (He shuld just chill cos i've got some aces up my sleeve).

Damned the bloody Torpedoes and left the Office early.

Ps@Cristalz
Watching live transmissions of Homemade Award shows is always such a drag cos the glitches r one too many.
Upon all his money & purported stickling for excellence, i'd expect Adenuga to hire say dem chaps that direct the Grammys or something.
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 2:34am On Feb 11, 2009
Tkb,

God catch you. With all the atrocities you committed over the weekend ,

I keep asking why I didnt think of Grad school earlier in life when my brain was still young.

All these Fama-French fit craze person.

BTW what were these Oyinbo scientist thinking of when they were propounding the theories and Models.

Didnt they know someone would be required to study it later in life?
Re: Welcome To My Office by damiso(f): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2009
Thank you guys. funny how lil things like headaches could be signs of one kain big life changing development

I am really struggling  this morning ,my boss is all friendly and supportive but its more like my expectations for myself,i hate coming across as incompetent and i sha cant be telling all my clients 'story story'.I just dey misquote figures and it seems temporary amnesia will part of my own symptoms(havent seen that on most of the millions of websites i have been reading).You want to try the zillions of yellow stick it notes on my desk, i cannot enter gbese with internal audit.It is well.

Have a meeting now with some people from a company that we just acquired on operations structure,i sha hope i dont doze off when all the figures and projections start flying cos thats all i want to do now embarassed.BRB.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2009
Hello guys

I hope everyone is kicking?

Topic

Nothing major infront of me of me today.
Need to chase up a few professional bodies, CPD course providers and get ready for a progress meeting with a major client later in the day
Need to start working on getting membership with professional bodies as well as racking up a few CPD courses, all of which are going to improve my career advancement. It is imperative, as competition is getting hotter, and u want to stay recognised and relevant as well as get to the top! cheesy tongue
The office is full as usual today, i am trying to get busy, a few things to do here and there but i can see myself running out of work to do by friday cheesy
On the other side of things, looking forward to a pay review next month as well as my work related expenses getting credited to my bank account! tongue tongue

It has been quiet with the other job, due to the adverse weather conditions, so a bit of pressure off my head! tongue

I feel like i want more challenges, i want wings, i want to fly, i want it all!!!!!!!!!
grin grin cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2009
Thank you guys. funny how lil things like headaches could be signs of one kain big life changing development

I am really struggling  this morning ,my boss is all friendly and supportive but its more like my expectations for myself,i hate coming across as incompetent and i sha cant be telling all my clients 'story story'.I just dey misquote figures and it seems temporary amnesia will part of my own symptoms(havent seen that on most of the millions of websites i have been reading).You want to try the zillions of yellow stick it notes on my desk, i cannot enter gbese with internal audit.It is well.

Have a meeting now with some people from a company that we just acquired on operations structure,i sha hope i dont doze off when all the figures and projections start flying cos thats all i want to do now

all ill say is congrats!!!!!!!!!

Brash
where do u wanna fly to?

Diggler
the whole firm is in shits cos we were exposed to some deals that have gone sour. The fall of the cap markets both locally and abroad really made stuffs hard. Some top guys have gone, some guys were asked to leave, some expected millions of naira in bonuses just like last year and they were shocked when things didnt happen.

but, as for me, u know a portion in the bible that says, the children of the lion may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord shall lack no good thing. thats my story!!
I work in a unit that trippled thier turnover, (financial advisory, investment fiduciary) I also double as an Investment analyst for our PE unit
those units are raking in money so since profits are shared withing units, someone like me will still be smiling to the bank.
In fact, 'the pepper is resting' if u know what that means. But the koko is i work with beasts.
Those guys want money like maaad and they'll do anything to get it. Including using the staff like slaves.
As for me, its a case of either i choose money and live with the stress and abuses or i waka go another place and not earn this much
advise me bros!! as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord ( and money). grin grin ( the bold is the most important o b4 people miscontrue my post for another thing)

Topic
how can i play lotto or lottery or sumfn?
do u guys have an idea?
i wanna learn that stuff cos who knows, if i win like 100million ill just resign

these baggers are are making me sick
cant explain at all. for real, i think i need a break as Debosky rightly suggested

Dayo
what attrocities were you talking about?
i worked my socks off this weekend so tey my mama call me say sorry
e be like say i fit waka come ur code o cos the signals im getting is not it at all at all

who send u message go dey read for late 20s
what can u understand at ur age? ol' boy, na u wan go america o, so make u dey there dey chop snow
(kidding) Its well. Just be on top of ur game so ur time over there wont be a waste

ciao
Re: Welcome To My Office by lawyer(m): 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2009
Make i no even talk about my day today

I know say na yab una go yab me finish but i go try grin

I had a meeting with a client and as soon as he came, he said he cannot talk until we go for dinner, we went to one joint and thats how drinking galore started about 2pm till 5 pm discussing everything imaginable and i think i got the better of him by winning the deal after all but at the expense of 4 bottles of harp.

Am back in the office and i dont even know what i am even typing and so stumped and high right now, all b'cos of kudi, lol

I hope i get home safely today because i can feel my eyes going into lala mode now!
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2009
All this people una well done , smiley

hope ya'll enjoying work,

Damiso
rest when you can . .congratulations wink

everyone else hope you guys are good.cheesy

as for me i keep fake typing embarassed i am tired jo, i keep taking it home , realised i actually get work done at night. vampire grin
I have gone very far and the info is flying in from all .directions. its very good.

Soon i'll be able to submit and i'll be moving on to phase two. . cant wait cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2009
@tkb
Come to think of it, u cant serve the lord effectively on an empty stomach.
Besides, He provides.

@Topic
* Serviced some of my biggest clients today.
* Took care of some personal biz whilst out on calls (the calls were destined for d drains anyway)
* Finished up by prepping for a mega call tomorrow. Tryin 2 win back the biggest customer my branch had pre-consolidation (was in High school when the acc was opened, then annual turnover was like N1.2bn). Presently these dudes r like 5 times bigger and growing. Just wondering how they let these dudes go so easy.
Plus the current acc manager who has no clue whats up wiv the coy is now forming beef. well i've got a couple of aces (the LORD firstly) plus a new power pinstripe (that was part of the personal biz i took care of)

Now going into a session of prayer.
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2009
@Lawyer,

You are my kind of guy jare. Just keep on.

@ Cristalz,

Still waiting for your sms. As per the house na personal crib o. Men having a personal roof over your head in Lagos is not beans.

@Topic,

Told u guys that i was expecting a cheque this week abi, the cheque finally landed yesterday. Went shopping for office and personal accessories today at the palms. Also went car shopping with my partner. He settled for an EOD. havent made up my mind yet but definitely mine is a truck so i can take the beach road and avoid all this traffic. Meanwhile had one glass to many of wine to wash the cheque so right now i am feeling like lawyer, the only difference is that i am at home already.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 12, 2009
I've got a lot to do today:
-I need to get some schedules ready for the Auditors, and that will involve a lot downloading reports and finetuning on Excel
-I also need to get some documents for the Auditors. I've been posting them for so long and they have threatened to request for it by email, copying ED
-My month-end closing for January is still hanging 12 days into into February. I have not registered all the assets acquired in January and run depreciation on the company's fixed Assets for January. My manager must not hear this
-The deadline for the submission of bids for the scrapped company cars we put up for disposal ended yesterday. I have to call a meeting of Asset Disposal Committee for analysis of the bid as teh committee Secretary.

All these today. . . . . .Let me start

Wow, I will really miss Facebook and Nairaland today
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:52am On Feb 12, 2009
LOL Cristalz

When I say career change, it’s not like a big bang thing, more like a time to grow thing
Whispers: I’m not in the big league, YET!

So Adebayor went with the African player of the year, some say foul play was involved. Hmmmm

TKB
Announcing that you are leaving for home at 7 something is an indication of too much work o i.e you leave work like 10/11pm usually.

Interested in lottery? Heard NSL or so is located on Anifowoshe (V.I’s) When u make connection, holla. Wouldn’t mind some ‘don’t break a sweat money either’

Diggler
Once I’m at work, can’t really help the coffee.
Hope the prayer session was powerful enough to help win back the lost customer? We’ll be awaiting updates on that. All the very best.

MrCrackles
Seems the snow has eased off since you are back to work. Thank goodness for that.

You need wings ehh? The only wings in wing heaven at the moment are for fairies, wanna be a fairy? (double entedre intended)

Don’t worry, just work at it. We MUST, I mean MUST get to the very top

Lawyer
2-5 pm and just 4 bottles? You no try jo.
Congrats on clicking the deal.

Muki Baby aka Vampire

Yay! Good thing the project is almost sorted out. Phase two coming right up

Jericho
A 5 room crib for a bachelor in Lagos? That’s major indeed.
Hey girls, watch out for the latest ‘slaughterhouse’

Where’s it located?

Send some e-wine into this room, lets celebrate the new deal with you.

Jarus

And you said you didn’t have work to do? That sounds like a hand and 'headfull'
Take the Auditors for example, threat for escalation got into the air and you sorted them out one time.
Get started o
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 10:36am On Feb 12, 2009
@tollu,

Bachelor ke, you want my madam to drive me out of the house abi. I be baba o. Infact for the past week now i have been doing daddy daycare runs. My bobo's nanny had to go to her village so i bath, dress, feed, drop and pick my bobo in school everyday. It has not been easy i tell u. The chappie is a handful. He asks me 20 questions at the same time. Props to all the working mons out there, una dey try.
Re: Welcome To My Office by damiso(f): 11:12am On Feb 12, 2009
Thank you guys,i will endeavour to take it. easy.I wonder if any of the girls on here have gone through this phase,as would need tips on how to cope with work and the tiredness that accompanies it as you know where we come from still have to keep a secret from all my older friends and family till much later.Only my mom,hubby and boss know for now amd my mom is superwoman so talking to her makes me feel lazy,heard stories that she drove herself to the hospital the day she had me.She is of the opinon that we children of nowadays are lazy.

Today seems to be kinda quiet so il just use the opportunity to work on January audit reports that have been lying on my desk for the past two weeks,before you know february will end and it will just start piling up.

Wonder what to get my husband for valentine's day,guys pls any ideas?Cant seem to think of anything to get him as all ideas went with christmas and besides this time its a tighter budget.I sha hope he does not get me chocolates ,the sight of them really makes want to puke.Our wedding anniversary is this month as well so il pity the poor guy and appreciate whatever he gets me as we are going away that weekend. I Know, I know women and our love for events abi? grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 11:50am On Feb 12, 2009
Pardon me Jericho
You only mentioned a partner and my brain just deduced wrongly.

Us women are super now, u just dey hear? Make sure you get enough things to wow ur 'partner' this saturday.

Damiso
I haven't even come close to that phase, so can't honestly give tips.
LOL at ur mum's thought. We are indeed lazy these days, everyone's opting for CS and accepting epidurals.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
@diggler
Dude, shopping for pinstripes on bank's time? Baad boy grin I can't shop for anything at all,especially suits when out on calls 'cos I take forever to pick just one. . .besides trying them on takes time. Guess it's easier for guys,lol.
That your runaway customer,e be like say una nor manage the relationship well that's why he had a chance to fly. Just know that if you do win him back you're gon' have to try to beat the service whichever bank he went to is giving him. So study his business now,what he is into, know all his business needs and figure out the best ways your bank can satisfy those needs at reduced stress and reduced cost to him. Once you can sell that to him,the job is 60% done. Remaining 40% is making darn sure he gets everything you promised else he'll simply walk again, and then there'll be no coming back.
The acct manager should be flogged sef grin Good luck.
Reviving dormant accounts is one thing I don't really enjoy doing. . .sometimes I have to use my own credit to call people. It's all good sha.

@Jarus
You have all that to do and you're thinking of NL and FB. See addiction grin

@Jericho
Sms is on it's way grin Working moms are close to super-human o. That's why it just makes me laugh when they say women are the weaker sex. Well done anyway, super dad,lol. And congrats on getting the cheque.

@damiso
Change is change jo ;Don't worry, we'll get there soon. Take things easy o. I'm also not qualified in the tips department. . .read books and visit websites.Guess you've been doing that already. I could ask my mum. I think she was a working lady at the time dad was shooting and scoring grin

@topic
Wahala - a good customer of mine fixed some money 3 months ago and his instructions were to rollover. . .the thing matured yesterday and yours truly accidentally forgot to roll it over sad Dunno how I forgot, I usually set reminders for all my TDs. Cash was sitting happily in the man's account when I checked this morning and I was like, oh shit!! Have to go see him in an hour and explain myself and ask if I should fix again or leave it or whatever he wants. Not looking forward to it sad He's usually nice person so he shouldn't be too mad. . .just hope he'll be in a good mood today.

My morning was spent taking calls. . .of which my BM just said I should move my butt to NNPC towers asap. Gotta go. Gists later.
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 2:23pm On Feb 12, 2009
@tollu,

U wont kobalise me sha. If u continue like this i will end up having my things thrown out of the house grin.

My "PARTNER" refers to my office partner, na bobo o.

This woman na wa for u. You be working for SSS or SFU.

Yep i give it to woman you guys are super in at departments.

@Damisol

I think i am competent enought to advise u on this. Take it easy, rest, rest, rest.

Cheers
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
Quick one:
See what NL and FB have done to me ooo. . . . The better part of Monday to Wednesday spent on NL and FB. It was this morning I realized I had many pending deliverables. One of the Finance Managers scolded me this morning that I had been holding the entire Finance to ransom by not releasing depreciation figures for January and they had not been able to finalize Management reports. I quickly jumped into action and, thankfully, few assets were acquired in the period, so I was able to register them into the system within one hour and run depreciation, and release the figures to them.

Many other things have come up. The ED has asked me to get some information for him which requires digging into records kept before I even joined the system.
I've not seen the Auditors today. . . .as I was typing this, one Legal officer just came around asking that I supply her with info on all company assets for insurance purpose(I've told her she'll ahve it in teh next one hour)
Oh, just remembered now that our Retail Branch Manager for Head Office has asked me to supply her with information on the values of all our stations nationwide.

Kai, make I run comot for Nairaland again. . . .flenty, flenty deliverables!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2009
@Tollu
I know the almighty heard my prayers no matter what.
Once the maga pays we all gonna shout Hallelujah together.

@Cristalz
Wasnt exactly shopping 4 d pinstripe, It wuz custom made by my local Saville Aba Row.Just went to pick it up.
Besides i went out on my personal Mob (downside of being 1.)the most junior(rank, age), 2.)In a unit dominated by outta shape married women & i,m damn sure they use d cars for school run.

@Topic
the meeting went as i expected (more of a meet, greet & re-establish contact thingy).Tho the dude wuz forming what we Igbos call 'Obi akpo' (Heart of rock - direct translation).
However, i wrote the book on how to win back ex- girlfriends so i no dey fear.
Also feelers indicate Head office is interested in the account so looks like we'll get a near blank check to offer these blokes.

Tagged along with the my BM & Area manager for some recovery calls. (Pinstripe representing).

Left for home quite early but Occupational hazard made sure i had relationship calls to make on d way home.

ps. My very first Customer had an accident. I felt real bad for the dude. Praying for his speedy recovery
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2009
hello people
how is it going?

work has been fine. going on smoothly, no wahala

hey people, valentine people wanna kill me o
this is practically the most expensive ive done since i knew the word valentine

i had to pay in check o when all these wahala people brought stuffs to ma office.
Hope the gurlie go appreciate sha. grin

where are my people?
Jon, Contactuzo, debosky, Tollu and co
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2009
Hello peoples,
Vals got y’all so busy?

Jericho
I have no intentions of kobalising you o. Abeg beg madam 4 me. So how vals come be now?

TKB
After dazzling the chick, Hope u got some sha? wink

Diggler
Awww, sorry about your client. Sure there must be some level of attachment to him. We wish him speedy recovery

VALS!!!
Nonsense day. Guys of nowadays no wan fall mugu again. Nonsense

@Topic
Work started with my MD being on my neck for one transaction that seems to be all muddled up. I no be accountant now, if money dey scattered which one be my own?
Anyways, after enough passing of blame, we sorted the whole thing out.

On other and better stuff now. Y’all have a great day and an even greater week.

Lots of love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.