Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month (1191 Views)

#Apo8: ECOWAS Court Fines Nigeria $3.3 Million For Extra-judicial Killings / 23,846 Ghost Workers And N2.29 Saved: The Only Way We Should Believe This. / FAYOSE PAYS SELF N720 MILLION SALARY FOR UNFINISHED FIRST TENURE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Caseless: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
The last has not been heard on the integrity of General Muhammadu Buhari(rtd). In spite of his prodigious mien, PDP has kept on confusing voters as to the qualities and quali­fication of the General by resorting to negative attacks on his personality.

But we, the admirer of the people’s General will continue to give him the needed publicity and APC should ensure that this write up gets to as many Nigerians as possible before the election.

Any patriotic Ni­geria reading this would have chosen the right man. Ads by Super RadioAd Options Some months ago,

[b]a honourable member of the Federal House of Representatives, Dino Melaye, decided to investigate why Muhammadu Buhari could not afford APC nomination form because he read online the question a lady asked. He went to the Ministry of Finance where he discovered that all former

presidents and heads of state actually get N23 million monthly. The honourable said, “I read online the question a lady asked. The question is

how can Buhari who earns over N300 million annually claim that he cannot afford to pay N27 million for the APC presidential nomination form? I

became interested and decided to investigate. I went to the ministry of finance where I discovered that it’s true that all former presidents and heads of state actually get N23 million monthly. But, I found out that General Buhari(rtd) actually wrote the minister of finance to reject the N23 million monthly pay. He said in his letter that he will only accept 10 percent of that amount which is N2.3 million and that is what he has been taking.[/b]
This is just to clear the air” This is a man that said in his speech at the APC convention in Lagos that he has no foreign account and he owns no company profiting from government contracts. Ads by Super RadioAd Options

When the retired General was reacting to a ques­tion on why he did not promote himself to a full General when he was Nigeria’s Head of State, he said rather than promote himself after getting to power, he was more concerned with how to rebuild Nigeria and enthrone a just, accountable and trans­parent regime. He also said, he believed that his colleagues in the military who asked him to lead the country did not make him the overall General of the armed forces. He said “It was the convic­tion of our regime that, being the Head of State and Commander-In- Chief of the Armed Forces, it does not mean that you are the overall General. My ulti­mate goal as at then was to ensure integrity, justice, equity, accountability and transparency in the sys­tem. That was why I did away with unnecessarily promoting myself to General.”

[/font]Apart from Major General Johnson Thomas Aguyi-Ironsi, who ruled Nigeria between Janu­ary and July 1966, all other military heads of state before or after General Buhari were full Generals. No matter their ranks, they were quick in promot­ing themselves to General on assumption of office as heads of state from Yakubu Gowon, a lieutenant colonel at the time of getting to power to Murtala Muhammed, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Baba­ngida, Sani Abacha and Abdulsalami Abubakar. Their ranks ranged between Brigadier and Major General before getting to power and all of them left as full Generals.

It is also interesting to note that General Buhari (rtd)was asked to take over as head of state in 1983 after officers, led by Ibrahim Babangida, toppled the administration of the democratically elected president Shehu Shagari. For two years, Major General Buhari was in power, he broke the tradi­tion by refusing to promote himself to the rank of full General. What class of integrity! What a man! What a patriot! What a Nigerian!!

I wrote on Major General Buhari in the The Na­tion on Thursday January 1, 2015 an article titled Buhari, A blessing to Nigeria. I think I am vindi­cated. Nigerians, we indeed need him at this period of our history. God help us.

http://www.opinions.ng/buhari-and-n2-3-million-salary-per-month/
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Ngwakwe: 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ngwakwe:

You quoted the madman who fought in the National Assembly as a legislator , a sex addict that had extra-marital s.ex without condom and a tout sympathetic to Buhari (who used his t-shirt for a kindergarten board) as a reliable source of information.

I am afraid, you have been duped and hypnotized..

Look for another source, this repackaging campaign lies aren't even scientific but a gossip chant from BRT terminal

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by taharqa: 6:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
lol,

Are you quoting Dino Melaye as the authority of this yr tales by moonlight?

Seriously?

Bwahahagahaha....

1 Like

Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by crownprince102: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
taharqa:
lol,

Seriously?

Bwahahagahaha....
What ever side you may be or who ever you may support........ You can't take Buhari's dignity and prestige away from him.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Caseless: 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Look for another source, this repackaging campaign lies aren't even scientific but a gossip chant from BRT terminal
ngwa, u abhor anything good 'generalized' in the name of the people's general- u hate him for no just reason. I pray u u dont develop ebola when buhari wins.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Ngwakwe: 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
ngwa, u abhor anything good 'generalized' in the name of the people's general- u hate him for no just reason. I pray u u dont develop ebola when buhari wins.

I have nothing against him as a person rather I question his qualification to participate in democratic regime (elective) having aborted same system of government in 1983 and made a decree forbidding any Nigerian or group from discussing the political future of Nigeria which attracted longtime imprisonment and again his Sharia ideology.

His name on the ballot is an insult to 170 million Nigerians especially the intellectuals.
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Caseless: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
taharqa:
lol,

Seriously?

Bwahahagahaha....
hacker, what is wrong in quoting Dino? He went and made an inquiry into d case at a ministry headed by madam 'genius' minister of finance, and if u think his findings are in discordance with what u think it is the fact, then, present yours.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Caseless: 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ngwakwe:

I have nothing against him as a person rather I question his qualification to participate in democracy having aborted same system of government in 1983 and made a decree forbidding any Nigerian or group from discussing the political future of Nigeria which attracted longtime imprisonment and again his Sharia ideology.

His name on the ballot is an insult to 170 million Nigerians especially the intellectuals.
another watery reasom put to us repeatedly to make the general look bad. Ngwa, open ur heart and embrace the reality standing on d opposite to u.
How was buhari part of the coup that brought him into power?
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Ngwakwe: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
Caseless:
another watery reasom put to us repeatedly to make the general look bad. Ngwa, open ur heart and embrace the reality standing on d opposite to u.
How was buhari part of the coup that brought him into power?

Reserve the question to your gullible fans.
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by LRNZH(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
Anyone who does not have an credible link of opposing evidence should stop being a pain in the ass.
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Caseless: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Reserve the question to your gullible fans.

u are a gullible hater, so , answer my question.
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Caseless: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
LRNZH:
Anyone who does not have an credible link of opposing evidence should stop being a pain in the ass.
help me tell them pls.
Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
OP na only person wen foolish from the bone down to the soul go believe all these tales by moonlight na undecided. Sometimes i think some of you take all of us on nairaland as uneducated folks who cannot reason critically.

So Dino Melaye go find out con share am for facebook, then it is true cheesy cheesy. Weldone!!!! Even Obasanjo take pay cut too, i hear he said its too much undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari And N2.3 Million Salary Per Month by annurhaske(m): 11:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Than #CHANGE2015
All the way no matter what.
Jona go back to ur
Village continue fucking those
All women.

(1) (Reply)

Say Na Like This We Go Dey Go? Buhari's Speech In Kano / REVEALED: Jonathan, PDP Embark On Election Extension Campaign, Bribe TV Stations / President Jonathan, Live On NTA, Says He Will Create Unemployement - See Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.