Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo (27313 Views)

Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Nigeria: Prepare To Pay More For Electricity, Osinbajo Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Kaboo4sure: 4:01am On Jan 19, 2015
Hilarious. U so funny, u sound like a Nigerian. I like ur comment.But we just need to keep hoping for change regardless of where it comes from.
Abduletudaye:
Osinbajo..I like you and GMB...but don't come here and lie that you will bring steady electricity.. angry ..haba..which kin lie be that!
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by vanunu: 4:02am On Jan 19, 2015
This man thinks that power supply and distribution is like selling akara and agege bread in every street.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by vanunu: 4:12am On Jan 19, 2015
HsLBroker:
GOOD

When I see this man talk about power, I remember bola ige, does he know the cost of building gas pipline in every nook and cranny.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by aresa: 4:31am On Jan 19, 2015
gogochocolate:
he is simply continuing what the present government is doing. First he forgets that electricity is generated at individual power stations but still transmitted to the national pool for distribution across nigeria. How is he going to change this network architecure and which distribution network is he going to use. Does he know the consequences of privatizing the transmission network with respect to national security. Osibanjo power is not law please don't delve into what you don't know just to appear popular.

You obviously misread his views. He sited Lagos state and how they are suplying power 24/7 to hospitals, courts roads , bridges and so on so you should first ask yourself how they transmit generate electricity from the power plants to power hospitals , state house in marina to carter bridge and dozens of streets. They are in effect sidetracking federal transmission lines and laying fresh underground cable system and so far, they've layed hundreds of miles of underground cable.

The national transmission line is pretty much obsolete, you end up with way way less than what you fed into it. Also, monopolizing the system is counter productive because investors can not invest to upgrade the lines to maka it more efficient and dependable.

I see Lagos state cutting off the national transmission lines permanently, its just a matter of time. Moat state institutions are already off the grid and some are even going solar...

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by aresa: 4:39am On Jan 19, 2015
vanunu:
This man thinks that power supply and distribution is like selling akara and agege bread in every street.

With shallow expectations, lack of vision, lack of sense of purpose and self defeatist attitude, you can not achieve or attain any meaningful objective in life. People with your type of lazy attitude and mental fatigue should never be allowed any position where critical decisions are made to better people's lives..
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 19, 2015
And what would be his excuse when the ND guys must have blown up all available Oil and Gas pipelines sapping wealth from the region...

GEJ till 2019 biko
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by vanunu: 5:09am On Jan 19, 2015
aresa:

With shallow expectations, lack of vision, lack of sense of purpose and self defeatist attitude, you can not achieve or attain any meaningful objective in life. People with your type of lazy attitude and mental fatigue should never be allowed any position where critical decisions are made to better people's lives..

Is u that don't know anything, I am very sure you don't know anything about electricty generation and distribution.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by allycat: 5:15am On Jan 19, 2015
aresa:

You obviously misread his views. He sited Lagos state and how they are suplying power 24/7 to hospitals, courts roads , bridges and so on so you should first ask yourself how they transmit generate electricity from the power plants to power hospitals , state house in marina to carter bridge and dozens of streets. They are in effect sidetracking federal transmission lines and laying fresh underground cable system and so far, they've layed hundreds of miles of underground cable.

The national transmission line is pretty much obsolete, you end up with way way less than what you fed into it. Also, monopolizing the system is counter productive because investors can not invest to upgrade the lines to maka it more efficient and dependable.

I see Lagos state cutting off the national transmission lines permanently, its just a matter of time. Moat state institutions are already off the grid and some are even going solar...
Maybe I am blind but I work in LASUTH and we rely on generators for much of our electricit,y I live near a mini waterworks and get my water from a borehole. Nobody on my street has pipe borne water and I pass the water works everyday coming in and out of my house.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by babadee1(m): 5:30am On Jan 19, 2015
groovie:
Lol. How can you decentralize power? There are such things as the national grid. What? So he will just summarily decentralize the power and light go fly enter our house? Ok o.

Just admit you don't understand what he's saying and ask someone to explain to you.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 19, 2015
nah wash!

same song!
old lyrics!!
abi no be politics again?!!
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by aresa: 5:49am On Jan 19, 2015
vanunu:

Is u that don't know anything, I am very sure you don't know anything about electricty generation and distribution.

What's this meaningless and unintelligent nonsense got to do with the lecture I gave you? Try make sense by addressing my post if you can and if not, keep quiet and keep it moving..
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by aresa: 5:54am On Jan 19, 2015
allycat:

Maybe I am blind but I work in LASUTH and we rely on generators for much of our electricit,y I live near a mini waterworks and get my water from a borehole. Nobody on my street has pipe borne water and I pass the water works everyday coming in and out of my house.

The 2 major hospitals in Lagos island are on the island power project. LASUTH is attached to the new Mainland IPP. .
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by fornnygee(m): 6:10am On Jan 19, 2015
I sincerely doubt if Osinbanjo has an in depth knowledge of Power generation, transmission, distribution, National grid and security philosophy. There is need for him to consult a subject matter expert to educate him more on this before making promises that he cannot fulfil. In this case I would not like to dwell much on his topic but let me point out one important thing about transmission. There is no Nation that will hand over her national grid transmission to a private investor for security reasons. The basic thing is that the government takes up a high equity stake, changes some of the policies that makes transmission unattractive to investors, increase our transmission network and redesign our transmission network to a ring network topography.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Electronzeez(m): 6:39am On Jan 19, 2015
gogochocolate:
he is simply continuing what the present government is doing. First he forgets that electricity is generated at individual power stations but still transmitted to the national pool for distribution across nigeria. How is he going to change this network architecure and which distribution network is he going to use. Does he know the consequences of privatizing the transmission network with respect to national security. Osibanjo power is not law please don't delve into what you don't know just to appear popular.

when i heard him said the same thing on channels then i know osinbajo or apc has got no serious plan on power.before anyone quote me,i'm no pro pdp.

The Ipp project could only serve an alternative it can never surpass the electricty transmitted by the national control center(NCC).
The only way the fedral government can continue managing the bulk transportation of power is to maintain the cordinating role of the NCC.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Electronzeez(m): 6:45am On Jan 19, 2015
fornnygee:
I sincerely doubt if Osinbanjo has an in depth knowledge of Power generation, transmission, distribution, National grid and security philosophy. There is need for him to consult a subject matter expert to educate him more on this before making promises that he cannot fulfil. In this case I would not like to dwell much on his topic but let me point out one important thing about transmission. There is no Nation that will hand over her national grid transmission to a private investor for security reasons. The basic thing is that the government takes up a high equity stake, changes some of the policies that makes transmission unattractive to investors, increase our transmission network and redesign our transmission network to a ring network topography.

nice point there bro...he surely don't know what power is.
But i disagree with you on this, our transmission should never be in ring architecture, i believe you are aware of the pros and cons of ring connection?.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by iwaeda: 6:56am On Jan 19, 2015
babestella:

Now I remember that Lagos ENRON project. What did LAGOS and Tinubu do with all the ENRON funds? Where is the money? Why are people not asking Tinubu / APC to explain Enron project.
I guess it was a high profile fraud to steal LAGOS money and they made good at it. I can see a lot of rot being covered up in Alausa for ths past 16 years now, hope Jimi will expose these fraud. Lagos needs change seriously.
We have short memory and love lies and propaganda,do many of us know and read history,God will bless Nigeria and help us to see rigtly..
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by InvertedHammer: 7:02am On Jan 19, 2015
ocelot2006:

What darkness? It's 2:45 AM here in Uyo, and I still have power supplied to my home by PHC. Do YOU have a bloody clue about what's happening in your own country? GO AND PAY YOUR NEPA BILLS JO'OR! !
/
By divine providence he has light at 2:45am in Uyo.

Alleluia!

We are talking about Nigeria and you are talking about Uyo. Uyo of all places!

\
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by ooshinibos: 7:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Obascoetubi:
SAII GEJ -2019
SAI POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY ( pdp ) 2019

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by ocelot2006(m): 7:37am On Jan 19, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
By divine providence he has light at 2:45am in Uyo.

Alleluia!

We are talking about Nigeria and you are talking about Uyo. Uyo of all places!

\

Is Uyo not a part of Nigeria? Oh....maybe you're one of those folks who've never gone past the boundaries of Lagos and thinks the whole country revolves around Ajegunle, Ojota, and co, yet run their mouths criticising without an inkling of what's really happening in their nation! News flash kiddo, Nigeria is way MORE than that.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Reference(m): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2015
mapet:
Bros,

It's no lie, but simply common sense that GEJ had eroded in many people. Lots of country who don't have oil have stable electricity. If Lagos can demonstrate it in the area of critical facilities so why can't that be upscaled to the larger populace

You are very naive. I provide 24 hrs electricity for my business and home. Why can't I provide same for even my street or neighbourhood. Think about it and understand why scaling up is the least of the problems.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 8:10am On Jan 19, 2015
allycat:

You mind all the propaganda they are selling to gullible people like us.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2015
fornnygee:
Thank you for this explanation; we youth should read and learn about how things function; so that no one will just come and deceive us with statement. Transmission is the major issue; though we still need to generate more..
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Reference(m): 8:28am On Jan 19, 2015
NavierStokes:
How many so called "10MW" stations does this man think will power Nigeria? He thinks its that simple as it sounds. And some would begin to clap for him just because what he says includes something like MW in the same sentence.

Exactly. The first question to ask is. Are those courts and hospitals paying properly for the electricity to make the model scaleable. Mr Osinbajo abeg it doesn?t work that way. What you have in electricity is everyone waiting for the other to bell the cat. The people wait for the vendors to provide power. The vendors wait for the people to pay for it.. His government must capitalize on the 'irrational exhuberance' of the people if voted into office by raising tarrifs if anything is to significantly change. The biggest stumbling block to steady power is the people themselves. If my neighbours were willing to pay for electricity I currently generate for my business and in my home in such a way that I turn a small profit I will buy the generators today. That is not rocket science. Scale is not the problem abeg Mr. Osinbajo.

The NERC is not a competing political organisation. It is a people centric regulating agency. He is free to visit and SHOULD do so to get schooled before he hangs himself politically with the chain of unrealistic promises. Nigeria's problems are about Nigerians. Speak to them and get them responsible for the change they expect and in power it means bill paying, fair prices which they won't do for now.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by PointB: 8:35am On Jan 19, 2015
edit
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by PointB: 8:36am On Jan 19, 2015
The fanatic send a pastor to do his job?

Can we hear from the horses mouth, Buhari either lacks idea or the charisma to push the forward. Tomorrow he'll deny ever making any promise because they were made by his failing running mate!
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Reference(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2015
fornnygee:

I completely disagree with you. There are no security issues with private control of transmission. So they said with communications, that foreigners will eavsdrop on our conversations. The fact is that key government institutions and other agencies have other secure, off net channels to communicate with. Same with power. Refineries, airports, hospitals will continue to maintain emergency generators and any way NERC is there to check activities and those who run transmission are held at higher security standards but to keep government in control is a no-no. That is the weak link. Government is a political, unstable, emotional business partner no one wants to deal with. It won't work.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by lyntiffany(f): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2015
olas24u:

we suffer electricity to together,poverty together,you cannot divide people,GEJ had 6 years to fix at least the inbalance.We need competition ,we need true federalism.OBJ did not do it,Yar adua did not do it ,GEJ cannot do it
Obasanjo had how many years and what did he offer to you in terms of that regard?
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by lawbabs: 10:35am On Jan 19, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Osibanjo should shut up his rotten mouth. Just tell us how they will build more power plant more than GEJ has done, not this child bla bla talk.
Let me tell who cares to listen, the first thing Buhari will do after gaining power is to cancel every achievement made in power sector just as he did to LAGOS METRO LINE.

GOD FORBID.

your mouth is filled with maggot. Cant you object without insulting...
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Abduletudaye(m): 11:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Kaboo4sure:
Hilarious. U so funny, u sound like a Nigerian. I like ur comment.But we just need to keep hoping for change regardless of where it comes from.

Exactly ooo my brother..don't mind me jare..
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by ikotec: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2015
the difference is clear . jona is a sleeping man . buhari all d way
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by bjdon: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2015
IPP's eh. Let me guess all to be owned by Tinubu and his family abi?
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by juman(m): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2015
The main thing osinbajo was saying was the country should do things differently from how we are doing it now.

He was correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kashamu Under House Arrest, To Appear In Court Monday - NDLEA / Fuel Subsidy Return: There Is A Bigger Fraud Being Perpetrated - Saraki / Peter Obi Supporters Fight Over Money Promised To Join Abia Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.