Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo (27320 Views)

Is Steady Electricity Possible In Nigeria? / Six Reasons Why Dakuku Peterside Of APC Will Win Rivers Guber Elections Rerun / Nigeria: Prepare To Pay More For Electricity, Osinbajo Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by ocelot2006(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
juman:
The main thing osinbajo was saying was the country should do things differently from how we are doing it now.

He was correct.

No he is WRONG. As a matter of fact, his proposal is outright laughable and devoid of any content AT ALL. I would've even considered it if he talked investment in renewable energy, or proper safe guard of gas pipelines supplying gas to power stations. Not this CRAP. The fact that he is the "brightest" in the lot clearly shows that APC did not do their homework and are jokers. Let them take a cue from other opposition parties in developed democracies.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by secretcode01: 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
AreaFada2:

Your words addressing your compatriots on a public forum don't speak good of you. in the same paragraph you mention Allah, you call everyone with a different opinion a fool. Well, maybe this is the intolerance and fanaticism people are scared of when talking about GMB and his people, especially when religion is added. Hear GMB speak:

(1) Fight against Boko Haram is fight against the North
(2) Muslims should only vote for someone who will protect their faith/religion.
(3) Monkey & baboon will be soaked in blood.

These are some of the inflammatory speeches of a supposed elder statesman who want us to believe he has anything good in mind for all Nigerians.

GMB should at best be in a Madrasa grooming people for Boko up North. Or preparing how to achieve Arewa Almajiri Caliphate. And leave us in peace. I saw his first coming and brutality close-up.

Obviously you're not a muslim because if you do you'll understand what it means by saying In Shaa Allah. In Shaa Allah simply means "If God wills". What if I tell you I voted for GEJ last election against GMB. We should all leave this issue of religion or tribalism and let's face and say the truth. Hausas cannot be killing themselves it's all about politics just to destabilize the north. It just irrirates me when I see someone still wanna vote for GEJ after using 6 years for wrecking nigeria down. We need CHANGE bro. Only fools will still wanna vote for GEJ
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by AreaFada2: 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
secretcode01:

Obviously you're not a muslim because if you do you'll understand what it means by saying In Shaa Allah. In Shaa Allah simply means "If God wills". What if I tell you I voted for GEJ last election against GMB. We should all leave this issue of religion or tribalism and let's face and say the truth. Hausas cannot be killing themselves it's all about politics just to destabilize the north. It just irrirates me when I see someone still wanna vote for GEJ after using 6 years for wrecking nigeria down. We need CHANGE bro. Only fools will still wanna vote for GEJ

Interesting. I have Muslim friends. My grand dad was even one. So I'm not so ignorant of basic Islamic terms. My father, though not a Muslim, tries to eat halal due to growing up in a mixed Christian-Muslim home. Lately, religion has become a big political issue. No one can deny that. I have never voted for Buhari or GEJ. In fact the last election I witnessed was Shagari election.

Your assertion that Hausas can't be killing Hausas is similar to GEJ's "my people can't do this". Meaning Nigerians can't be killing Nigerians. It's now used against him as a sign of cluelessness. Yes, were all in denial initially. We were saying "Nigerians like flexing too much to consider suicide b*mb". We have been shown to be wrong. In Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan and so on, who are the victims of terrorism? The local Muslims. So that denial is funny considering all the glaring evidence.
The reason for terrorism is to create fear & insecurity and portray GEJ as incompetent. Certain tribes in 9ja consider 9ja as their conquered territory & fiefdom.

Change is good. But to what & by whom?

If you think all this hype is about you & me, you're mistaken. It's about keeping the top 9 9ja Delta oil blocks in Northern hands when licence renewal comes soon. Babangida, Abacha, Abubakar, all awarded oil blocks, each block is worth around $20 billion to their in-laws, friends, & cronies.
If these people really want change to something good, why were Fashola, Ribadu, El-Rufai, Donald Duke, Oshomhole and others with track record, young and vibrant, not put forward?

In my view, Federal roads have never been better since 20 years, railway too, 12 Federal universities by a single regime is a record, Federal airports have not been better for a generation, farming has not been as promoted since "Operation Feed The Nation" of OBJ's military regime.
These are things I have witnessed, not told.

3 Likes

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
The hypocrisy of the APC makes me sick to my stomach. Hear Osinbajo talking about deregulating the oil and gas sector. When President Jonathan tried to deregulate the oil and gas sector in 2011, i can remember vividly how APC condemned it and #OccupyNigeria. Meanwhile the PIB bill is still languishing in the NASS and APC legislators are not championing the passage of that bill.

Again APC talks about privatisating transmission. I remember watching an APC chieftain accuse GEJ of trying to sell Government assets on Sunrise daily. In his words, he said power supply should be a responsibility of Govt and that only an irresponsible Govt privatizes power to the detriment of the people. Are APC members now speaking from both side of their mouth or should we say this is only Osinbajo's opinion?

I've made myself clear on many occasion here. Until Nigerians stop being cheap pricks, no investor will come and invest in power in Nigeria. Every investor wants to make a profit but are Nigerians ready to pay for power like they do in other societies? Same Nigerians complaining about the high billing they got will gladly pay $100/month for power, $1.21 per litre of gas, pay tolls, obey traffic laws, pay their taxes and be law abiding when they travel abroad. Lol We really should look in the mirror.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by derecho(m): 1:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
mapet:
Bros,

It's no lie, but simply common sense that GEJ had eroded in many people. Lots of country who don't have oil have stable electricity. If Lagos can demonstrate it in the area of critical facilities so why can't that be upscaled to the larger populace
why in the past 16years in Lagos have we not devolved this idea?How many of such courts do we have in Lagos and how many hours do they sit?How much does it cost to build one of such IPPs?This idea isn't new anyways,but pls educate us.Sometimes,i wonder if na another Lagos we dey describe
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
sokera:
what is this one saying ? What as GEJ achieve in power sector? You call of privatisation power distribution achievement? You must be a joker. What we need is generation of power . You can't distribute what you don't have . All these south south ppl think with their yansh, they don't ever what to accept GEJ is a failure. If you ask them to list GEJ achievement now they will keep shouting GEJ till 2050 . Clueless ppl, all they know is to drunk ogogoro
Lmoa, northerners are happy for a better living at least they has left awkwardness a bit.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Doctorkay360: 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Osibanjo should shut up his rotten mouth. Just tell us how they will build more power plant more than GEJ has done, not this child bla bla talk.
Let me tell who cares to listen, the first thing Buhari will do after gaining power is to cancel every achievement made in power sector just as he did to LAGOS METRO LINE.

GOD FORBID.
Guy your ship is sinking. Let go of the cannon and mend the hole,but that's too late anyway.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by olas24u(f): 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Akon419:
This man is another stabilizing global oil in a making. Even some countries with financial muscles know that to buld a hydro power for electricity generation is not for mouth,. It take years and years. Is not about buying akara at oshodi

A serious nation will get things done .is it only hydro that can be used ,Even the human waste in all the suckaways can be linked together to a point and used to generate electricity in different neighbor hoods if their is good leadership that welcomes creativity,innovation.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by londoner: 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure this is already what PDP is planning to do. I'm sure I read something few months ago about providing power to industrial clusters in the short term.

Some of the companies involved in the electricity privatisation are already making those some plans and so is Barth Nnaji with his company in the SE. Its a good and needed short to medium term measure, but Osibanjo is coming late to that party, I'm afraid.

It is the PRIVATE SECTOR that will deliver the electricity breakthrough in Nigeria, not APC or even PDP as a party. That time has passed in Nigeria.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/06/bresson-partners-aggreko-on-250-mw-of-electricity/#.VL1DLslhlOZ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by secretcode01: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
AreaFada2:

Interesting. I have Muslim friends. My grand dad was even one. So I'm not so ignorant of basic Islamic terms. My father, though not a Muslim, tries to eat halal due to growing up in a mixed Christian-Muslim home. Lately, religion has become a big political issue. No one can deny that. I have never voted for Buhari or GEJ. In fact the last election I witnessed was Shagari election.

Your assertion that Hausas can't be killing Hausas is similar to GEJ's "my people can't do this". Meaning Nigerians can't be killing Nigerians. It's now used against him as a sign of cluelessness. Yes, were all in denial initially. We were saying "Nigerians like flexing too much to consider suicide b*mb". We have been shown to be wrong. In Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan and so on, who are the victims of terrorism? The local Muslims. So that denial is funny considering all the glaring evidence.
The reason for terrorism is to create fear & insecurity and portray GEJ as incompetent. Certain tribes in 9ja consider 9ja as their conquered territory & fiefdom.

Change is good. But to what & by whom?

If you think all this hype is about you & me, you're mistaken. It's about keeping the top 9 9ja Delta oil blocks in Northern hands when licence renewal comes soon. Babangida, Abacha, Abubakar, all awarded oil blocks, each lock worth around $20 billion to their in-laws, friends, & cronies.
If these people really want change to something good, why were Fashola, Ribadu, El-Rufai, Donald Duke, Oshomhole and others with track record not put forward?

In my view, Federal roads have never been better since 20 years, railway too, 12 Federal universities by a single regime is a record, Federal airports have not been better for a generation, farming has not been as promoted since "Operation Feed The Nation" of OBJ's military regime.
These are things I have witnessed, not told.
Lol... I can't see a single good point in everything you wrote. Having muslim friends or your grand dad being a muslim or whatsoever doesn't mean you know about islam. And for your mind you think northerners will be killing themselves just to spoil GEJ's government?! That's so funny. Haba, hear yourself out na. They ain't fools biko. And what make you think GMB will not do better? Why are you having negative thought about him??
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by ollyruffy: 6:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
All i know is that you promise and deliver. We are going to voteyou in 2015 and start counting on your deliverables. Come 2019, if you fail to deliver your electoral promises, we will boot you out. We want a change in Nigeria and not promises upon promises.
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Paulsure: 1:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Abduletudaye:
Osinbajo..I like you and GMB...but don't come here and lie that you will bring steady electricity.. angry ..haba..which kin lie be that!

I think The man was smart in his English... He puts it as "steady" and not "constant"

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Abduletudaye(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Paulsure:

I think The man was smart in his English... He puts it as "steady" and not "constant"

Hmmm...brilliant observation!
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by chubbygal(f): 12:03am On Jun 16, 2015
gunther6:

if this is best you can do then i can tell you your education counts for nothing. I dont blame you but i blame the labour market for grinding u and spitting you out. accept my condolences

Thanks a lot
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Mistermamus(m): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2021
Stable light yea av been enjoying it for the past 6 yes now �
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by bjdon: 9:14am On Aug 27, 2021
Mistermamus:
Stable light yea av been enjoying it for the past 6 yes now �
Chi the internet does not lie O! See how people were shouting 'Sai Buhari' 6 years ago smiley smiley
Now with 2023 coming they will do the same and start shouting 'Sai Tinubu', 'Sai Osinbanjo', 'Sai Obi' refusing to accept that all those people want is to continue to dominate them and protect the interests of the ruling classes.

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2021
GOOD, this is the change will need, pdp can't fool us for another 4 years, after fooling us for good 16years, we also need to know that gej and pej are tired and they need to rest.

Hope you have seen the change now sir! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 11:31am On Aug 27, 2021
olaweey:
Buhari and Osibanjo know what they are doing...

Are you sure now sir? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by Omooba77: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2021
ocelot2006:

No he is WRONG. As a matter of fact, his proposal is outright laughable and devoid of any content AT ALL. I would've even considered it if he talked investment in renewable energy, or proper safe guard of gas pipelines supplying gas to power stations. Not this CRAP. The fact that he is the "brightest" in the lot clearly shows that APC did not do their homework and are jokers. Let them take a cue from other opposition parties in developed democracies.

You were spot on bro, they are not jokers, but killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by bolanto24(m): 11:32am On Aug 27, 2021
Abduletudaye:
Osinbajo..I like you and GMB...but don't come here and lie that you will bring steady electricity.. angry ..haba..which kin lie be that!

How you been take know say him dey lie?
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by bolanto24(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2021
mapet:
Bros,

It's no lie, but simply common sense that GEJ had eroded in many people. Lots of country who don't have oil have stable electricity. If Lagos can demonstrate it in the area of critical facilities so why can't that be upscaled to the larger populace

Where is the common sense now?
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by bjdon: 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
So many people who made pro Buhari comments in 2015 must be feeling very stupid now smiley

1 Like

Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by mapet: 1:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
bolanto24:

Where is the common sense now?

Do you have the common sense to engage?
Re: How APC Will Provide Steady Electricity - Osinbajo by joyandfaith: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
mapet:

Do you have the common sense to engage?

Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Statement On Buhari: We Won’t Comment Now – Presidency / Zamfara, Rivers APC Remain Banned – INEC / El-Rufai Recovers, Tests Negative To Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.