Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Eothen-Our losses - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eothen-Our losses (31404 Views)

Life And Losses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eothen-Our losses by harjay0623(f): 1:07am On Feb 16, 2015
nice
Re: Eothen-Our losses by stuff46(m): 5:40am On Feb 16, 2015
This how real men behave, nobody in this world is sopose to influence your future. Nice on kezzy, but abeg no turn that guy to succub. [ buh what is written is written, i would stick arround and see how it unfolds ]
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2015
stuff46:
This how real men behave, nobody in this world is sopose to influence your future. Nice on kezzy, but abeg no turn that guy to succub. [ buh what is written is written, i would stick arround and see how it unfolds ]

That's how it should be but something else could happen which even I may not know now.

Let's see how it unfolds cool

harjay0623, thanks for the comment.
Oolayeancah, I hope you're still around here.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
I see you have taken to the corrections posed by myself and Larrysun, that is good of you. The updates are interesting as usual. Thumbs up.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
VanTee20:
I see you have taken to the corrections posed by myself and Larrysun, that is good of you. The updates are interesting as usual. Thumbs up.

Thank you sir, I'm a good student cool
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Oolayeancah(f): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Maam, I'm still here ooo.... Keep up the gud work
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
Chapter 14

-----------------

Sophia stared at the case file in front of her and sighed. Defending this case wouldn't be easy, she thought and closed the file.

The plaintiff was a young woman of twenty eight years who had killed her husband in the bid to protect herself from his constant physical assaults. She had gotten scared and tried to flee when the hands of law clamped her down leaving her mentally agitated and potential inmate.

Sophia had taken up the case when she got back from leave and had tried relating to the young woman with the hope of winning the case on grounds of self defense and probably get a shorter jail term for her client whose inlaws were also not ready to let her off the hook after killing their son.

She relaxed back into her chair and shut her eyes. That was the least bother on her mind right now. She was more worried about her daughter who was currently being catered for by her dad in Iowa.
He wasn't complaining but every part of her was drawn there. How long did she plan on lying to herself? Temi was her daughter and she had to take up her responsibility as her mother, but she didn't know where to begin from after keeping the fact from even her own sister who stayed under the same roof with her.

After speaking to her dad later that night, the wanting to take her daughter in with her had kept her thoughts busy. She wanted to start from somewhere so she picked up her phone and dialed Dammy 's number. She picked it on the first ring,

" Soph, what's up?"

" I'm good. I hope you're not so busy now at the center." Sophia said clearing her voice and sitting up.

" Not exactly. My last patient walked out like say two minutes before you called"

" Oh! So you're going home now?"

" Yeah, why? Any problem?"

" Well....... I simply wanted to discuss something with you. Hopefully you won't hate me after I'm done."

" I hope it's nothing serious because you are getting me nervous."

" It sort of is. Let me meet up with you at home. I say in two hours. You should be home by then, right?"

" Mhmm. I'm about to leave the center now. Let's meet at home then."

" Bye," Sophia finished and hung up.

" This is starting now." She said to herself and smiled at her colleague sharing the office with her.He had been glancing up at her all through the day seeing as she had been restless.

" Everything okay?" He asked her now as she looked up at him.

She nodded," Family drama." She said getting up, " I'll be out early. Need to sort out some things."

" Alright but you know you have a court hearing tomorrow? Do you need me to help with anything?" He asked getting concerned about her.

" Don't worry about me. I'd handle it well on my own," she reassured and picked up her handbag set to leave.

-------------------

" So nothing?" Sophia asked looking at her friend. She had just spilled her guts to Dammy and was expecting her to at least have an expression on her or say anything, but she just sat there, her legs on the sofa, staring at her.

Getting nervous about whether she had made a mistake confiding in Dammy, Sophia began handling with her fingers.

" You should at least say something, Dammy. Please, don't make me feel worse." She said as her voice began shaking.

" Seriously, Sophia," Dammy started.

Sophia looked down at her hands, " I know what you'd say. What sort of friend doesn't have a simple trust for her friend?"

" No," Dammy countered, " I was going to say ' what hell have you gone through and kept to yourself?' I mean how did you manage that?" She said putting down her legs.

" I felt hurt and struggled to take it all in slowly. Abigail, Dotun, Mike and the baby. It wore me out but I didn't want a reminder at home. Forgot for a moment that even though we studied abroad, we were still going to find each other in our home country." Sophia said and sighed. She felt better speaking to Dammy. It felt just like it used to whenever she spoke to Hannah then.

" I mean Abigail did that? Set you up and what? Took photos and made it viral on college campus? Bit-Ch!" Dammy spat.

" Blogs all over college had their homepages with the hot topic of ' Sweetest black couple in college ripped through by boyfriend's best guy', " Sophia continued.

" And you found out you were pregnant after all the drama? Did you even bother telling the father?" Dammy asked as her curiosity took the better part of her.

" Yeah, well. The part that freaked me out was if the pregnancy turned out to be Dotun's. I was out of my mind and that was why I tried the abortion," Sophia explained.

" So that's where your dad came in?" Dammy asked.

Sophia nodded," Daddy being there was very reassuring."

" You said it was a girl, right?"

" Yeah. Temilade. My dad named her and I dumped her at six months old. " Sophia fought back tears welling up in her eyes. She was feeling overwhelmingly guilty at that point.

" Did you find out otherwise about her paternity?" Dammy said noticing Sophia's struggle within her.

Sophia smiled, " You know, about that....I looked into her eyes when I was about to leave her and saw this glint in there. It was as if Michael was staring straight back at me. I felt this euphoria and nearly dropped her," she continued looking away and still smiling.

" Do you want her with you now?" Dammy asked directly,feeling connected with her friend.

" Hannah said the same the last time we spoke and I told her this, ' Can I do that?' " Sophia looked straight at her new confidante and friend.

" Of course,you should!" Dammy said exclaiming.

"You don't know how much it means to be able to talk freely like this to you. I always felt like this awful friend never being to totally open up to you." Sophia finally said as she smiled at her friend.

" You did tell me about you whole family story some months back. The single fact that you deemed it fit to let me know about all these makes me feel like I'm your friend. Like really your friend and not that sort of backstabbing bit-Ch Abigail turned out. I really can't believe Abigail could do that. You guys were like this,' she said holding her middle and fourth finger up together.

" Regretfully so," Sophia observed and relaxed into the sofa. They both had a lot to talk about, she thought and regretted not speaking to Dammy earlier. Sharing her history with someone who knew her helped calm her a whole lot.

Dammy's phone began to ring and she reached for it beside her, " It's my sweetheart," Dammy laughed and winked at Sophia, " We would talk more when I drop the call."

Sophia smiled and nodded," I'm still here."
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
I've written this chapter to appreciate all of you who have been following Eothen.

vonn, oolayeancah, emperordemi, stuff46, kinwayne, haydot95, D9ty7, sexysapphire, larrysun, my own mentor( vantee), repogirl( one of the best female writers I've met on NL) and my lovely friend,gorgybee( she gives the background motivation for this. So much love kiss)

You guys are all awesome. Thank you so so much smiley and I hope you don't quit reading. Your opinions on the story are also well valued. Like what next you expect. Let's do this together.

Again, thank you all as well as my dear ghost readers. The hand of love also outstretches to you smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by stuff46(m): 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
cheesy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
stuff46:
cheesy

Say something else not cheesy face cheesy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by repogirl(f): 4:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
Owkay grin, I'm here again cos u said something that's making ma head swell again and would like to let you know that you have been upgraded to no. 1 fan, but don't tell trishaP shhhhh smiley.... I see your writing has greatly improved, keep up the good work, well done.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2015
Aunty repo, my lips are sealed o grin

Thanks for the upgrade and comment. I would cherish that for a long long while smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by repogirl(f): 8:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
grin
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2015
Chapter 15

Bimbola flipped through her chm 201 handout. She looked over at the open pharmacognosy and shut her eyes.Nothing seemed to get into her head. This isn't happening, she said to herself.

Just then she heard someone sit beside her, so she opened her eyes and looked sideways. She could only gape.

" Are you surprised to see me now? Even if we just listened to the same lectures?" Yemi asked sitting up and facing her squarely.

" Seriously, Yemi. I thought I made it clear that you should please stay the hell away from me. I'm trying my best to stay out of your way but if you keep coming into mine, I don't know what I would do anymore." Bimbola sighed and closed her textbooks.

" I thought I tried explaining the last time that you've got no reason to feel threatened around me. Even if you turned my advances down, I wouldn't take that crazy step. Never, Bimbo." He continued not taking his eyes off her.

" If you keep saying that then tell me who else has gotten hell bent to go out with me and voiced out his ' bitter thoughts ' few hours to my receipt of a warning letter. Peddle your saintly stories to someone who doesn't see you among the hooligans you hang around . Yemi, please I've got to graduate from here. Don't make me tread campus with my heart in my mouth," she pleaded.

" Waoh! I didn't think it could get to this," he slowly said as Bimbola got up.

" Think about us been friends once before. Tell your guys to stop the threats because I'm scared." She admitted and left him there in the lecture theatre.

Sophia had called her just that morning to know how she was faring. But rather than admitting she was barely fine to her sister, she had lied and faked her laughters over the phone telling her not to worry and inform aunty Dammy she was fine too as no single person in Akoka could hurt her. Not while she was still Abimbola.

Now she wished she hadn't lied.

Yemi watched her retreat and wanted to hold her back but that might cause a scene and he wasn't ready to be the campus's hot topic. Akin had denied knowing anything about Bimbola's threat saying though he would rather Yemi found a prettier chic to pine over and he didn't have the time to scribble letters. That would be below him, were his words.

Now that left two people, Bimbola's friend, Amaka who had her B.Sc. in Zoology but returned to study pharmacy and was now their course mate. Amaka was always pissed at her 'kid friend' like she addressed Bimbo for keeping a hot guy like him in friend zone and had constantly told him in Bimbo's absence to look a little further and appreciate girls like her a little more. He simply laughed at her with his friends whenever they got back to the hostel. Not even noting her age.

The other person was his brother who was a real pervert. No use thinking about how much of a pain that elder brother of his could get. He was already a graduate who worked at their dad's architecture firm but ever since he had met Bimbola and also heard of their relationship, he had taken a weird interest in her which made him suspicious. Ife was a pervert and could prank anyone. But this would be taking it too far. No matter who it was.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:51am On Feb 20, 2015
------------------

Mike hesitated for a while as he turned off the ignition of his car. He didn't even realize when or how he had driven here. He only knew he had spoken to Dayo who was in Abuja for a contract approval and had had to hang up on realizing he was really busy over there and he was being a distraction.

Next thing, he had gotten his car keys and left his apartment and driven here. Outside her house.

He looked up at the duplex building still hesitating on whether to go in or not when he heard the foot walk of the huge brown gate open.

He then saw Peter walk out first, closely followed by her. God, she looked adorable. Even in her plain jumper top and bum shorts, she still looked Sophia. She was looking a bit stressed up but she could still manage to put on that smile. The one that had bewitched him at college. Exposing her set of sparkling teeth at whatever Peter was telling her, they both walked up to his Acura infinity jeep while Peter reached for his car keys from his pocket.

She threw a glance his way, where his car was parked about sixty feet from them but was shielded partially from their direct view by a white van. She shrugged and looked away.

Peter was handing her over a package which she took from him and smiled again with some thank you words on her lips.

Did Peter even know how much of an angel she was? She had been smiling at him and this surge of jealousy went through him as she put her arms around him. What the heck? Did she fall in love with Peter already? They had had that chat the other day and he felt the lingering air around them. She didn't seem like she was over him yet, at least he wasn't over her. Was she putting up a show for her boyfriend?

There was really only one way to find out about that, he thought and opened the car door.

Walking straight up to them, he braced himself for whatever it was he came here for in the first place.

Peter was first to see him, " Mike. What a surprise?" He said closing his car door.

Sophia looked up, flabbergasted. She really didn't expect him there and lost her voice immediately.

" I came to check on an old girlfriend," Mike said looking at Sophia, " I guess I wanted to surprise her."

" Oh! Sophia told me you two were once friends who didn't part in hugs. She never said you dated." Peter observed also looking at Sophia who held fast to the vehicle's bonnet.

" It must have escaped my mind," Sophia tried explaining.

" I'm wondering how possible that is seeing my boss still visits you," Peter said emphasizing the 'visits'.

" A lot of things skip our minds, you know," Mike offered seeing Peter was finally feeling what he had behind those steering wheels.

Peter nodded, " I have to leave now. Your mom called for a meeting with me about the designs I gave her for the estate."

" I did speak to her last night. She only had few suggestions. No use being anxious about it." Mike told him.

" Thanks for the heads up. You two have a great catch-up." He finished and gave Sophia a last glance before hoping behind the wheels of his vehicle and kick starting the engine.

Sophia stepped away and looked at Peter as he reversed and zoomed away. She then turned to go back into the house. Mike followed.

Since she wasn't saying anything, he took that as her not having an objection to him coming into her house.

She opened the front door and walked in, kicking away her flip flops.

" Not saying anything?" Mike asked finally, seeing she wasn't even looking his way.

" Do you expect me to? My ex-boyfriend who ran off gets my current boyfriend on his toe edges." She picked up the throw pillow on the floor and threw it on the sofa.

" It's good we're still on talking terms. I thought you would turn me out again," he expressed, " Can I sit?"

" Suit yourself," she put simply and poured herself a glass of water from the jug on the centre table.

" Do you love Peter? No.... Do you hate me, like really hate me?" He rephrased still standing.

Sophia paused her drinking for a second before resuming and putting down her glass, " Why are you here?" She threw back avoiding giving him an answer.

" I don't know too. I just found myself here," he confessed, " I probably wanted to see you."

Sophia sighed. She really wished he didn't have to say that.

Mike continued when she said nothing still, " I thought you wanted to be friends. Did you change your mind already?"

" Yes, I did change my mind. Michael, can you please put whatever we had back? You... " she got cut short by him.

" My father wants me to get married to his goddaughter and I rejected it. But I need an excuse for myself, " he paused, " I couldn't think of a better one than you." He said and watched her gape and then put her hands to her hips.

She cleared her voice, " You shouldn't quarrel with your dad. You should just get married. I'm sure he picked you a pretty bride," she stuttered slowly.

" That sounds like a lie. What happened to ' Michael, you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't let your dad dictate how you should live it' ?" He asked mimicking the tone she always used when he told her of his dad's dominion over his future.

" Well, things happen and sometimes you need to kneel so you can rise later." She continued looking away.

" I'd rather kneel with you than kneel alone and get sentenced to a lifetime of bowing down." He countered.

She looked back at him and turned away, " You should go now." She added simply.

" You're turning me out. I guess my words had some effects on you. I'll be back again. Try convincing you to stop the facade with Peter." He finished and smiled.

" What I have with Peter isn't a facade. It is as real as it could get," she defended with her voice shaking away.

" You shouldn't lie about stuffs like that. It's only getting you lean," he told her in his own sincerity and turned to leave when her voice called after him,

" We have a two year old daughter. I had her ...... " Sophia shut her eyes trying to get her thoughts to slow down. She really didn't know why she just said that and slowly prayed he didn't hear her.

" What?!" Mike turned around to look at her as she sank into the sofa. Now she had to spill it, she thought and held her head with her left hand.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by TrishaP(f): 2:39pm On Feb 20, 2015
repogirl:
Owkay grin, I'm here again cos u said something that's making ma head swell again and would like to let you know that you have been upgraded to no. 1 fan, but don't tell trishaP shhhhh smiley.... I see your writing has greatly improved, keep up the good work, well done.
Mrs peju how can you tell. I'm still maintaining my front row tho.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
TrishaP:

Mrs peju how can you tell. I'm still maintaining my front row tho.

cheesy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by VanTee20(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for the dedication. I haven't really been chanced to read the last few updates, but from the few pointers I've seen, you have improved a lot. You are such a wonderful student. Keep it up smiley.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:37pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yay! My mentor called me a good student.

That's because I have a great teacher too. Kamsahamnida smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Costlybabe: 8:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
Wonderful write up,i couldn't keep my eyes away until i finish,please come update ooo,wondering what mike will do
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
Costlybabe:
Wonderful write up,i couldn't keep my eyes away until i finish,please come update ooo,wondering what mike will do

Thanks, miss. I do wonder what Mike would do too cheesy
Re: Eothen-Our losses by gorgybee(f): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
Thanks for the mention chingu *flattered*....Mmm,this is getting very interesting,please update as soon as possible because someone is getting anxious here oh
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Oolayeancah(f): 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Kizzy dear, hope all is well
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 2:46pm On Feb 28, 2015
Oolayeancah:
Kizzy dear, hope all is well

All wasn't exactly well o. Let me save the long story for myself but I promise to update this before the end of the weekend.

And thanks for being the only one who bothered asking anyway smiley
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 8:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
Chapter 16

Dayo poured himself a glass of brandy and sat opposite Mike who had been staring blankly for over five minutes saying nothing to whatever he tried saying to get him talking.

" You're really going keep staring at God knows what? Why did you even bother calling? Sounded like it was something urgent.... " Dayo's voice trailed as Mike sighed and reached for the other glass of brandy on the table and reclined into his seat on the verandah behind his house.

" So what's up?" Dayo asked again getting anxious.

" Something really out of the blue," Mike finally said as he sat up and looked over to the well groomed garden across them.

Dayo laughed, " I wonder what can be more out of the blue than your wedding invitation I got last week. I didn't realize I was to play best man until your step mom called to ask how ready I was for your wedding fixed for last week in November which is precisely five weeks from now."

" I'm sorry about the impromptu wedding I.V. but that is the least worry on my mind now, " Mike said cutting in.

" I'm beginning to wonder what could be more worrisome than having a marriage in a short time frame like this because you did tell me you weren't aware of the whole thing, " Dayo observed and took a swift gulp from his glass.

" A situation of me having a kid," Mike said finally and also gulped his drink before replacing the glass on the round table.

" What are you saying?" Dayo slowly put down his own glass also.

" You remember Sophia, don't you?"

"I remember having a video chat with you once when this down to earth girl came around you, said hi to me and you introduced her as your girlfriend. I fell in love with her almost immediately," Dayo recalled and they both laughed,

" Don't tell me your ex showed up at your office with a kid and said you were the father," Dayo said as he became more rapt.

" Not exactly. Actually I went to see her after dropping that call with you yesterday afternoon when you were in Abuja and I tried to speak to her.... " he started with Dayo listening and cutting in a few times to question him when he got a little confused.

After Mike was done talking, Dayo looked straight at him and asked, " So what do you plan on doing now?"

Mike picked up the brandy bottle and poured some into his glass, "You tell me," he said simply.

" How are you sure she isn't lying to you?" Dayo suggested as doubts rose in him.

Mike shook his head, " Sophia wouldn't lie to me. She's not a cunning person," he defended immediately.

" Listen man. Your feelings for her might make you think like that but she sure as hell kept such important fact from you. Moreover, you did say you haven't seen the kid yet. For all I care, she might need some money and want to play on your feelings for her by bringing up some kid that doesn't exist," Dayo insisted picking up his glass to empty its contents.

Mike stayed silent so Dayo continued, " What did you say when she told you?" He asked.

" I didn't get to say a thing as I was really thrown aback. She asked me not to get mad at her and she really never wanted things to get to this point," Mike explained.

" So her magic worked on you again and I'm quite sure tears were involved. You know, I never found out why you two broke up and how exactly Dotun got himself involved," Dayo said as he adjusted in his chair and reached for his phone that had been beeping with nonstop SMS notifications.

Mike moved forward in his chair, " That, my friend is something you are better off not knowing. What I want now is get to see the kid and confirm, that is, if there is anything to confirm and get Sophia back too," he finished swirling his glass contents.

Dayo smirked making Mike smile, " Possibly," he rephrased.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
-------------------

" I don't want these shoes," Temilade frowned as her granddad dragged the trolley bag to the door.

Dr. Ayoola turned to look at the little girl who was already untying the strings of her pink trainers as she sat on the sofa acting like some adult.

He sighed, " Seriously, Temi. I am so not ready for your girl drama today. I packed our things already and we are leaving whether you like that shoe or not, " he said and went up to her as she looked up at him ready to start crying if she didn't get what she wanted.

He carried her off the chair and put her down, stooping to look at her, " You know, we are going to Nigeria right now to be with your mommy and your aunt. Your mommy is so excited to receive the both of us and you should be very happy also, not being stubborn, alright?" He told her gently as she nodded and he pulled her in for a hug," Now be a good girl and let's get going. We don't want to miss our flight," he finished and held her little hands as they proceeded to the door.

Dr. Ayoola took a last glance at the wall clock as it struck 6 p.m. It had been ten long years since he left his home country. He had never wanted to leave but Jumoke didn't leave him many options.

She had asked him to leave or she would and since he thought leaving the girls with their mother was better than him being with them, he had taken that decision which he regrets every single day. He had doubted his abilities in raising the girls himself and subjected them to psychological imbalance they had to deal with on their own.

In a foreign land, he had gotten successful enough considering he was talented in his field of work and even made a name for himself in one of the federal hospitals in Iowa. But it was not enough. Could never be.

Now, he was back on his way home. He really missed his daughters. Especially Bimbola. He never got to fulfill his promise about her tenth birthday. She made a real fuss about that each time he called them when he settled in the united states. He would try appeasing her now when he gets home.

Jumoke was remarried now. He found out she jumped on the richest man in her reach and moved out of their four bedroom duplex at Ikeja GRA to an apartment she was gotten as third or fourth wife to the Alhaji at Lekki. She never even bothered to ever check on their children believing he would take care of them enough as their father. She didn't care.

That was what he got for getting married to an 'angelic faced' lady without bothering on what the future of them both would turn out. He didn't regret marrying her. For what it was worth, he had a great marriage experience in the first three years until the serpent in her began to show itself. She just couldn't stay in monogamy. Nothing he could do to satisfy her could ever work out.

His own past wasn't much to brag about but he did wish he could positively impact his daughters future most especially Sophia.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
---------------

" What time does your dad arrive?" Dammy asked Sophia again as she turned off the gas cooker and stirred the beef stew with the stainless steel spoon.

" Six ," Sophia replied and put the wrapped Amala into the green cooler and screwed down the cover.

" We still have like four hours," Dammy observed and leaned back onto the kitchen table.

Sophia nodded. " You must be nervous seeing how you've hardly said anything since I got here after church service," Dammy continued watching her friend's worried expression.

" I'm hardly worried about my dad arriving. He simply got an early replacement at the hospital so he's arriving earlier than planned. What's getting me worried is Mike and his knowledge about Temi. I don't know what to expect from him now and his silence is killing me," Sophia let out and sat on the red plastic chair in the kitchen.

" Waoh! You mean he didn't get across to you since last week Tuesday," Dammy said in disbelief.

Sophia nodded, " Yeah. He just stared at me. Said nothing and left after giving an inaudible promise of coming back later," she explained further.

" Well, you did give him a shock. I would react the same if I were in his shoes. No matter how much he had been in love with you, the fact you lied to him or didn't say anything in your own case, well having a kid changes a lot of things. I mean a lot. He needs some time to process and if he's getting married like you told me, then........." Dammy shrugged.

" I didn't enjoy keeping his daughter away from him either but what's done been done, Dammy. I just want to be the Sophia who gained a miraculous admission into the University of Minnesota alongside her best friend and was really happy. I want to be the Sophia that found love, had great friends around her and loved her life," Sophia slowly said and got up, " Bimbola would be here any minute. I still need to think of the explanation I'd give to her about Temilade." She smiled at her friend and left the kitchen to check how ready her dad's room was once again.

" Just don't worry too much, it would all be fine," Dammy reassured as she watched Sophia retreat.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by SexySapphire(f): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2015
Lovely updates kizzykeziah darling. I just hope everything goes well for Sophia now cos she has been through a lot. I'm starting to feel sad in advance for Peter. Looking forward to more thrilling updates from you.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by stuff46(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2015
nice updates
Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
SexySapphire:
Lovely updates kizzykeziah darling. I just hope everything goes well for Sophia now cos she has been through a lot. I'm starting to feel sad in advance for Peter. Looking forward to more thrilling updates from you.

Thanks ma'am. I'm also feeling sorry for the poor guy in advance embarassed

1 Like

Re: Eothen-Our losses by kizzykeziah: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
Chapter 17

Sophia pulled the purple blanket over her daughter and pushed her hair away from her face. She was really sweating. Probably tired from the forty eight hour journey she had to go through. Looking at her now, she felt her tear glands about to open up again the way it did when she received the both of them at the airport. The girl was so little and she had heartlessly dumped her away because of ' shame'? That was not going to happen now, never again. She had to face her own reality now.

" I'm sorry, sweetheart." She said slowly and bent to kiss the sleeping figure's forehead.

" You shouldn't be," she heard her dad say as he walked towards her. She wasn't aware he had been watching her for a little while making her startled.

" Dad, I didn't know when you came in," she said as she sat down beside her daughter glancing over to make sure she hadn't woken the girl up.

" She made a lot of trouble through the flight. I won't be surprised if she doesn't wake up till 6 p.m tomorrow," he said smiling and also sitting.

Sophia nodded smiling, " How about Bimbola? I hope I can still speak to her tomorrow morning," she asked nervously as her sister's last countenance had unnerved her completely.

She never really gave thought to how her kid sister would react to the whole issue. Now she wish she had.

" You two would need to sort that out on your own alone. I tried my best explaining to her but you owe her a lot more than that," he paused a while and watched her frown lines knit, " She said she even confided in you on her own issues not knowing you were this..... " he broke off his sentence.

Sophia looked at her hands, " I just have to live with that and maybe one day she'd come to reason with me," she sighed resignedly.

" Your friend left early," he started, switching the topic.

" If leaving early passes for leaving here at some minutes past nine p.m, then she sure left early," Sophia laughed.

They both stayed silent for some ensuing minutes before Sophia broke the air, " You don't have to feel sorry for me, dad. I'm quite fine." She reassured.

Her dad chuckled, " Who said I was sorry for you? I just worry about you. How you would manage to cope as a single mom now around people who were never aware you had a child. I worry about that a lot, you know, " he told her.

" I would survive. And thanks for everything, dad. Thanks to you, I don't have to do the worrying, " she joked.

Her father simply shrugged as her phone began to vibrate on the bed making Temi stir in the blankets.
She reached for it immediately and sighed on viewing the ID of the caller.

" Hey, Peter." She answered into the receiver.

Her father got up from the bed now and signaled his retiring to bed, " I'd come check on you before you fall asleep, " she muttered while he simply nodded.

" Who's there at this time?" She heard Peter ask.

" Oh it's my dad. I didn't tell you he was coming around, did I?"

" No, you never mentioned that. When did he arrive?"

" Just this evening. We were just..... catching up."

"You know, I called because I missed you but I think I'd kill two birds with one stone now. If your dad is going to be around for a while then I guess I should check on you and meet him myself."

Sophia stayed silent making him think she was off the line, " You still there?"

" Yes, yes. And you really should come around. Really should," she repeated glancing over at her daughter and sighing for the umpteenth time.
Re: Eothen-Our losses by Oolayeancah(f): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2015
Oops! Peter is about to have his heart broken.. He seems lyk a 9ice guy sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Inheritance / A Bolt From The Blue (18+) / The Last Smile.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.