Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan (29611 Views)

Sheriff’s Faction Wants To Meet Jonathan / Panicky Diezani Reaches Out To Lamorde / Abubakar Leads Alison-madueke To Meet Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Chars1289: 2:55am On Jan 19, 2015
There was panic in the camp of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Sunday as President Goodluck Jonathan met with the national leadership of the party behind closed doors.

The panic was said to have come as a result of the gale of defection rocking the party across the country.

The other reason was what a member of the National Working Committee of the party described as the “lacklustre response we have been getting since the beginning of the ongoing presidential campaign.”

The meeting was held at the PDP Presidential Campaign Office, Legacy House, Maitama, Abuja.

Journalists were barred from the meeting which was described as a “family affair.”

It was also learnt that the President and the party leaders were not comfortable with the support the opposition, All Progressives Congress was getting across the country, especially from those leaving the ruling party.

The meeting, it was learnt, examined the circumstances that led to the defection of some members of the party in Plateau State, led by a former Deputy Governor, Mrs. Pauline Tallen and many others to the APC.

One of those who attended the meeting told our correspondent in Abuja that, “You know that we have usually taken each presidential election as a done deal since 1999.

“But now, things have changed. With what we have seen so far from the tours of the southern part of country, we need to work harder to win.”

It was also learnt that the meeting discussed the release of funds to some departments in the campaign organisation, an action which was said to have made many of them inactive.

Meanwhile, as the campaign train of the party move to the northern part of the country on Monday (today), the PDP has said it will win the February 14 presidential election.

A statement issued by the National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Olisa Metuh, in Abuja on Sunday, said that the party was well received in the zone.

He said, “As you are aware, in the last two weeks, the PDP presidential campaign train has visited states in the South-West and South -East geo-political zones of our great country.

“The PDP deeply appreciates Nigerians for their support, goodwill and prayers for our dear President and standard-bearer, President Goodluck Jonathan

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/panicky-pdp-leaders-meet-jonathan/

2 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by yibomustgo(m): 3:03am On Jan 19, 2015
I expect PDP to collapse like pack of cards by February 5th.

185 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by pluto: 3:22am On Jan 19, 2015
#WHOWIN2015 WHO BECOME NIGERIA PRESIDENT IN 2015 ? GEJ OR GMB
Vote Online Now! http://www.whowin.org/ #WHOWIN2015 via @whowinng

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by ofala(m): 3:36am On Jan 19, 2015
We are yet to be told just ONE reason Nigeria should be kept in the present quagmire for another 4 years......

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Flye: 4:14am On Jan 19, 2015
I pray they lose, not because I love the opposition but I want the politicians to take people seriously, give the people the power and credit they deserves.
Nigeria politicians gives too much power to them selves without any considerations to the people they gorvern because they see election as a done deal.

229 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Swizdoe(m): 4:37am On Jan 19, 2015
^^^ I'm with you on this........ I also pray APC wins not because Buhari is the best but to prove to Gej and the pdp that all power belongs to God.
That the peoples willpower surpasses the power of incumbency.

182 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 19, 2015
Pipe dream. Apc winning in their imagination with unsellable presidential candidate. A serial loser for that matter'

19 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by wallex1983(m): 5:03am On Jan 19, 2015
May not necessarily be due to panicking, but re-strategising.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by balash(m): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2015
Jonathan don lose already there's no new trick to it?

Na all this Onyeka Onwenu lead Actors and Actress I dey sorry for when bloggers finish them when GEJ lose. Lol

SAI BUHARI

86 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 19, 2015
And there shall be disruption in their camp! It's about time we take our destiny in our hands and make a choice not just for ourselves but for our children! They can't rest nor sleep knowing they are losing grounds and their next stop na longtin.. Buhari owns majority votes in the north, who the fu<k is sambo for him own zone self!
Let's vote for change! At all at all, if Buhari self no do good after 4yrs, let's vote him out too and vote someone else in.. Let them know that the voice of the people is the voice of God!

35 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by jingh(f): 6:44am On Jan 19, 2015
my fellow comrades. pls one minute silence to the party PDP

buhari name alone brings people close
Jonathan destroy Nigeria and PDP
those supporting him them will bear the brunt

maybe labour party will take their place
buhari for President
#buhari4change

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Mbag(m): 6:45am On Jan 19, 2015
I believe in Nigeria.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Gej till 2001
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Fabzgrace(f): 6:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Flye:
I pray they lose, not because I love the opposition but I want the politicians to take people seriously, give the people the power and credit they deserves.
Nigeria politicians gives too much power to them selves without any considerations to the people they gorvern because they see election as a done deal.
I'm with you on this

23 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by jerflakes(m): 6:48am On Jan 19, 2015
Na so.
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 19, 2015
Pdp is always panicking

9 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by emiye(m): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2015
PDP victory ends in the SS / SE. Panic mode they must be.

4 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by alienvirus: 6:49am On Jan 19, 2015
PDP has lost it already. It is very clear. Now the CHANGE has come. We are tired of nepotism.

25 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2015
yibomustgo:
I expect PDP to collapse like pack of cards by February 5th.
Wake up Bro!

2 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by KolaShangOne(m): 6:49am On Jan 19, 2015
Haha
Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 19, 2015
Fabzgrace:
@op its PANICKING not PANICKY
lolz......i hear say an English teacher is nided @ Otueke-mbeletus comprehensive secondary commercial school.. fr Otueke L. G. A

5 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by saintandsinnerz: 6:50am On Jan 19, 2015
PDP will most likely win the election because they have a more national spread than APC. They are more of a national party than the APC, who looks more of a regional party to me

2 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by ddippset(m): 6:50am On Jan 19, 2015
jona must be worried sick. whatever he does between today and feb 13 will determine where he spends the next 4 years of his natural life. it's aso rock against otuoke.

3 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by lonelydora: 6:50am On Jan 19, 2015
They never start

1 Like

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 19, 2015
Sai Buhari! Sai Osinbajo!! Sai APC!!!

All I want is change change change no matter what! Any how yhu want it, we will surely butt yhu(PDP) out!! Lemme here yhu say; Changee changee changee. All I want is win win win. its APCs done deal. ~Singing in T-pains voice~

27 Likes

JudismphD:
Pipe dream. Apc winning in their imagination with unsellable presidential candidate. A serial loser for that matter'
*shakes him vigorously*, dude wake up!

22 Likes

Re: Panicky PDP Leaders Meet Jonathan by jingh(f): 6:52am On Jan 19, 2015
JudismphD:
you ve a PhD in d front of your name, hope you have common sense too

buhari for president

27 Likes 1 Share

Sp. Bkd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"My Fulani Story"; Pastor Narrates His Experience With Herdsmen In His Farm.PICS / $9.3m: APC Reps Walk Out During House Debate / New Commissioners Of Police Deployed Across Nigeria (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.