Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? (1377 Views)

Goddess Of The River Accepted My Ebos [sacrifices] Today (photos) / Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] / What Were The Various Sacrifices In The Old Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 11:53am On Jan 19, 2015
Thomas Ice certainly thinks so
One of the most commonly presented problems by critics of premillennial literal interpretation is found in association with Ezekiel' s temple vision (Ezekiel 40- 48). These rivals argue that Ezekiel 43:13, 27; 45:15, 17, 20 refers to the sacrifices in a would be future Temple as literally making atonement. This is true! The critics believe this to be a blasphemous contradiction to the finished work of Christ as presented in Hebrews 10. In fact, the "Bible Answer Man"- Hank Hanegraaff- called me heretical on one of his daily call-in programs because I teach that God will restore literal sacrifices in a millennial Temple.[1]

Are these " problems" basis enough to abandon a literal interpretation of the millennial Temple, sacrifices, and our view of future prophetic events all together, as our opponents would desire? What is it about a literal interpretation of millennial sacrifices that one would call another heretical for taking the Bible at face value? I don't think so.
https://www.raptureready.com/featured/ice/LiteralSacrificesInTheMillennium.html

Anybody supporting him?

CC: BabaGnoni,Shdemidemi,Ayoku777,esere826,NLMediator,mbaemeka,Bidam
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by esere826: 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
vooks:
Anybody supporting him?
CC: BabaGnoni,Shdemidemi,Ayoku777,esere826,NLMediator,mbaemeka,Bidam
I don't agree with the thought, but i won't be quick to call him a heretic

I have some issues with scriptures, which I am still trying to understand/unravel (God helping)
the answers of yesterday are no longer suitable for today.

There is something interesting about IT.
You can use some IT technologies such as codes and GUI's to build wonderful solutions
The smarter and more experienced you are, the easier it is for you to build and unravel complex IT solutions
In all of this, you follow some rules set up by those that developed the codes
the original developers might say something like this:
If the user writes "[b] [b]"then make any text between it bold

So You are happy that you are able to figure out the secondary working of the code, but it gets to a point
that you say wait a minute. Why was "[b] [b]" defined as bold?

Now, the scripture talks a lot about blood.
Based on its talk about blood we like IT geniuses can decode that when a special blood is spilled once and for all
it pays the ultimate price without any need for other blood sacrifices.

But then, you take a step back and say wait a minute
why is blood needed in the first place
Some Bible genius might jump out saying:
"without shedding of blood, there is no remission" and that "life is in the blood".

You say, "yeah, i get that alright, but why is blood needed?"
"Could God not have instituted something else as a sin taker?"

When you start asking such questions and get answers, I think you inch your way past the outside courtyard inter greater understanding
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by ayoku777(m): 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
vooks:

Anybody supporting him?

I disagree with him; with obvious scriptural reasons:

Why would there be the return to sacrifices in the millenial? Which sins will we be sacrificing and shedding blood for in the millenial that was not covered by the blood of Christ?

Hebrews 9v28 -So Christ was ONCE offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 10v14 -For by ONE offering He hath perfected FOR EVER them that are sanctified.

The sacrifice of Jesus was ONCE and FOREVER. His second coming in the age to come will not involve any form of sacrifice for sin again but will be unto salvation for those who have looked unto Him.

The bible also said the old covenant with its ordinances and sacrifices is done away with. Why will God renew it again in the age to come?

Hebrew 8v13 -In that He saith, A new covenantn He hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to VANISH AWAY.

God didn't even have pleasure in it while it lasted; why will He bring it back after doing away with it.

Hebrews 10v5 -Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, SACRIFICE AND OFFERING THOU WOULDEST NOT, but a body hast thou prepared me: IN BURNT OFFERINGS AND SACRFICES FOR SIN THOU HSAT HAD NO PLEASURE.

God will NEVER bring back a system He never had pleasure in.

Infact, there will never be a literal TEMPLE OF GOD on earth again. The temple of God is now a body no more a building.

Our body is now the temple of the Holy Spirit on earth; and that will never cease to be the case for ever.

Even if the Jews rebuild a new temple on earth, it will never be the temple of God nor carry His glory. Only our body will ever be the temple of the Holy Spirit and only the body of Christ (the lamb) will ever be God's temple on earth. Never a building again.

John saw God's temple in heaven (Rev 15v8) but when the new Jerusalem would come to earth later, he saw no temple again. Because only our body and the body of Christ (the lamb) will ever be the temple of the Holy Spirit and the temple of God on earth.

Revelation 21v22 -And I saw NO TEMPLE therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the lamb are the temple of it.

So the doctrine that a new temple of God is going to be built before the coming of Christ or that the temple sacrifices will be resumed by Christ in the age to come are unfounded.

There will never be a man-made temple of God or the resumption of the temple sacrifices ever again. They all went with the old covenant; and will never be brought back.
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Thank you ayoku777 and esere826
Am trying to wrap around my spirit the idea of a glorified Jesus Christ on the throne of David and Levites slaughtering animals for sin offerings for a good 1,000 years

Cc shdemidemi,BabaGnoni,mbaemeka,NLMediator
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 9:19am On Jan 20, 2015
Shdemidemi,
am still waiting for your kind input.
Will there be animal sacrifices, sin offerings in the Grace-less dispensation where james,Peter and other Jewish NT scriptures will be applicable?
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by shdemidemi(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
vooks:
Shdemidemi,
am still waiting for your kind input.
Will there be animal sacrifices, sin offerings in the Grace-less dispensation where james,Peter and other Jewish NT scriptures will be applicable?

I disagree with him vooks. There is a difference between the 7 years of tribulation and the 1000 year reign of the kingdom(millenium). Of what use is sacrifice in a place without the devil?

Rev 20
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

NB: I hope you understand this topic does not address the issue of dispensationalism per se.
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you bro.
Ezekiel 40-48 speaks of a reconstructed temple complete with animal sacrifices including sin offerings
Ezekiel 43:18-21 King James Version (KJV)

18 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord God; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.

19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.

20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.

21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.

To what period/dispensation do these highly elaborate instructions on sacrifices and the priesthood pertain?
1) The Dispensation of Innocence: before the Fall;
(2) The Dispensation of Conscience: before the Flood;
(3) The Dispensation of Human Government;
(4) The Dispensation of Promise: from the calling of Abraham until Mt. Sinai;
(5) The Dispensation of the Law: from Mt. Sinai to the cross of Christ;
(6) The Dispensation of Grace: from the cross of Christ to the Second Advent;
(7) The Dispensation of the Kingdom: the Millennium.

cc: mbaemeka,NLMediator,BabaGnoni, Winsomex,ayoku777,esere826
shdemidemi:

I disagree with him vooks. There is a difference between the 7 years of tribulation and the 1000 year reign of the kingdom(millenium). Of what use is sacrifice in a place without the devil?

Rev 20
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

NB: I hope you understand this topic does not address the issue of dispensationalism per se.
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 7:27am On Jan 22, 2015
Here is another Dispensationalist, Jerry M. Hullinger vigorously defending animal sacrifices in the millennium
INTRODUCTION

One of the most difficult passages to harmonize with dispensational literalism is Ezekiel 40–48 .1 In these chapters Ezekiel recorded a vision of a new temple in which sacrificial ritual occurred. This immediately places the dispensationalist in a dilemma. If the temple is viewed as in the eschaton2 and the sacrifices are literal, then this seems to be at odds with the Book of Hebrews, which clearly states that Christ’s sacrifice has put an end to all sacrifice. If, on the other hand, the sacrifices are not accepted as literal, this seems to oppose one of the cornerstones of dispensationalism, namely, the normal interpretation of prophetic literature.........

..........CONCLUSION

Ezekiel 40-48 indicates that during the millennium God's glory will return to the temple where sacrificial ritual will take place and in which offerings will make atonement. For Ezekiel the concept of atonement is the same as it was in the Book of Leviticus, namely, an act that wipes away and purges uncleanness.

This purgation will be required because the divine presence will once again be dwelling in the land. As argued earlier, impurity is contagious to both persons and sancta. Further, impurity is inimical to Yahweh, who refuses to dwell among a people if uncleanness remains untreated. Because of God's promise to dwell on earth during the millennium (as stated in the New Covenant), it is necessary that He protect His presence through sacrifice.

This function of sacrifices, according to the Book of Hebrews, is efficacious. However, this was never the purpose of Christ's sacrifice, for it dealt with the internal cleansing of the conscience. Therefore the two are harmonious.
It should be further added that this sacrificial system will be a temporary one in that the millennium (with its partial population of unglorified humanity) will last only one thousand years. During the eternal state all inhabitants of the New Jerusalem will be glorified and will therefore not be a source of contagious impurities to defile the holiness of Yahweh.

http://www.joelstrumpet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Problem-of-Sacrifices-PDF.pdf
http://www.bijbelarchief.nl/default.asp?id=753

So, according to Hulinger, there is no inconsistency with continuing animal sacrifices and the once for all sacrifice of Christ on the cross in the Millennium.

Ezekiel 43:18-27
18 And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord God; These are the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.
19 And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord God, a young bullock for a sin offering.
20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the four horns of it, and on the four corners of the settle, and upon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.
21 Thou shalt take the bullock also of the sin offering, and he shall burn it in the appointed place of the house, without the sanctuary.
22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kid of the goats without blemish for a sin offering; and they shall cleanse the altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullock.
23 When thou hast made an end of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a young bullock without blemish, and a ram out of the flock without blemish.
24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the priests shall cast salt upon them, and they shall offer them up for a burnt offering unto the Lord.
25 Seven days shalt thou prepare every day a goat for a sin offering: they shall also prepare a young bullock, and a ram out of the flock, without blemish.
26 Seven days shall they purge the altar and purify it; and they shall consecrate themselves.
27 And when these days are expired, it shall be, that upon the eighth day, and so forward, the priests shall make your burnt offerings upon the altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 44:11 "they [must be the Levites] shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people.'

Ezekiel 44:15 "..15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God:.."

Ezekiel 44:27 "...27 And in the day that he(priest) goeth into the sanctuary, unto the inner court, to minister in the sanctuary, he shall offer his sin offering, saith the Lord God...."

This is a revival of Levitical Priesthood and at the same time Jesus eternal priesthood is in place. Did it fail necessitating resumption of the former?

What about circumcision?

Ezekiel 44:6-9 King James Version (KJV)
6 And thou shalt say to the rebellious, even to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; O ye house of Israel, let it suffice you of all your abominations,

7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.

8 And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves.

9 Thus saith the Lord God; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

cc: mbaemeka,NLMediator,BabaGnoni, Winsomex,ayoku777,esere826, Shdemidemi,Bidam
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by BabaGnoni: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2015
esere826:
I don't agree with the thought, but i won't be quick to call him a heretic

I have some issues with scriptures, which I am still trying to understand/unravel (God helping)
the answers of yesterday are no longer suitable for today.

There is something interesting about IT.
You can use some IT technologies such as codes and GUI's to build wonderful solutions
The smarter and more experienced you are, the easier it is for you to build and unravel complex IT solutions
In all of this, you follow some rules set up by those that developed the codes
the original developers might say something like this
:
If the user writes , then make any text between it bold

So you are happy that you are able to figure out the secondary working of the code,
but it gets to a point that you say wait a minute. Why was
defined as bold?

Now, the scripture talks a lot about blood.
Based on its talk about blood we like IT geniuses can decode that when a special blood is spilled once and for all
it pays the ultimate price without any need for other blood sacrifices.

But then, you take a step back and say wait a minute
why is blood needed in the first place

Some Bible genius might jump out saying:
"without shedding of blood, there is no remission" and that "life is in the blood".

You say, "yeah, i get that alright, but why is blood needed?"
"Could God not have instituted something else as a sin taker?"

When you start asking such questions and get answers, I think you inch your way past the outside courtyard inter greater understanding
^^^
ROTBL. My sentiments precisely
- that is exactly how I feel and more

I disagree with the allusion that "the answers of yesterday are no longer suitable for today"
- It will be suitable or no longer suitable depending on what rung of the ladder the foot is on

esere826, here are some other scenarios...

What happens to you creating word document when/if your Microsoft word normal.dot file is corrupt and/or damaged?
What is a normal.dot file?
What is the significance and/or importance of the normal.dot file in the context of Microsoft Word document and/or document creation?
How does it affect word documents you create using the Microsoft word software/applucation?

Back to your HTML illustration with the bit of "reverse engineering" or ethical code hacking you were alluding to:
What happens if you click on a point/position on a Nairaland page that Seun had not coded for?
Like clicking at a wrong place/position/point on a nairaland page (i.e. at somewhere Seun has not coded for, somewhere with no HTML tags etcetera)
Seun used to code Nairaland with PHP, Javascript, CSS etcetera for its displays, dynamic interactivity etc before he switched to custom scripting

The point is the Ultimate Developer, too, used certain scripting/coding language that follows certain rules and protocols
We get response(s) when we activate an event coded for, which then triggers off an event handler or a method to perform the intended action the developer coded in

True, I liked your "...I think you inch your way past the outside courtyard into inter greater understanding...",
It's just like moving from the outer court, inching way into the Holy of Holies
(i.e. into the presence of God, searching the heart and/or mind of God by leaning on Jesus' bosom)

God has rules, protocols etcetera He laid down, which He too, follows and abides to.
If He didn't, if not, then all will be chaotic, be without order, go haywire etcetera
To say the least, as an example
, Mr A will be calling for a miracle here, and Mr B at the other end of the earth will be overriding the same miracle Mr A initiated or requested for

-EXCERPT 1-

Firstly, when Jesus made that statement, he wasn't referring to medicine or science, He was talking in general
and every thing is bound by rules with regulations or principles behind them
Limbs, reattaching limbs, growing limbs are no exception

https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/10#25250431

-/EXCERPT 1-

-EXCERPT 2-

Of course, who wouldnt want their children to surpass or excel more than they did, and it is happening, only that people are expectant and looking for all, some or certain miracles in wrong places

As always, some miracles will be at pulpit (e.g. cancer healed, liver regrow, headache gone etc), other miracles (e.g. reattach limbs, regrow body parts etc) will happen legitimately elsewhere (e.g. medically etc)
- the thing is everything is bounded by rules. God can bypass the rule, He is allowed but we have to wrought out miracles within the confines of the rules

Perform these miracles according to the rules, else, whatever miracles are wrought will be as demonic Pharaoh's wise men snakes

https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/25#27181149

-/EXCERPT 2-

On the issue of the the blood, the necessity of the blood AND PARTICULARLY about "the life of the FLESH is in the blood" (i.e. Leviticus 17:11), this rings true when we understand and get to know about blood pressure, how blood flows through the body to make and/or keep the flesh alive.

The heart pumps the blood but the collisions of the positive and negative ions or charges in the blood (i.e. their bumping into each other) also causes blood to flow through out the body.

The "life of the flesh is in the blood" is truly and well said by God

The blood contains the DNA code hence "without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin"

esere826 you are no doubt, to some degree IT literate and familiar with coding, so wouldnt have issues comprehending what DNA will entail
- it encodes the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all known living organisms

Previously known boundaries have been pushed, from a tiny speck of blood, it is now possible to build the physical profile of someone
(i.e. tell the colour, height and even age of that someone from a speck of blood)

Psalm 139:14 and Psalm 104:24 speaks volumes.
It isnt beans when David, agreed and blurted out that:
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well".

Side note:
Look after the blood, the blood will reciprocate and depending on the instructions written in it, let one live long.
It might even do an Abel's-blood-crying-out-to-heavens on ones behalf,
but this is unnecessary, as the blood of shared or shed the cross now does that for the benefit of all

All those pre-sharing of blood, no sorry, I meant pre shedding, were temporary covering up.
The ultimate shedding on the cross is like fixing the hinted corrupted/damaged normal.dot file mentioned above

There is more to simply "... Could God not have instituted something else as a sin taker?"
It is not about "...sin taker or sin taking"

Let's recognise that, sin, as well as death, existed before man's himself sinned
Sin, as well as death were both pre-existing
It was after sin entered man's world when man fell from grace & glory, that death crept in, following closely behind with corruption & degeneration setting in.

Blood is an excellent source of human DNA (i.e. the blueprint for life)
It is the biological instructions and genetic information in DNA which passes default settings from adult organisms to their offspring during reproduction

Unfortunately nothing else except for blood has the good curriculum vitae which fits the bill
or nothing else is more suitable than blood for fixing and addressing this particular thing SIN
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 4:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
Brother Shdemidemi,
I wish to know your thoughts on Ezekiel 40-48. What was the prophet talking about? For what dispensation?
Thanks
Re: DISPENSATIONALISTS- Will There Be Literal Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium? by vooks: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
vooks:
Brother Shdemidemi,
I wish to know your thoughts on Ezekiel 40-48. What was the prophet talking about? For what dispensation?
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Which Islamic Sect Is Best To Belong? / What Inspires Boko Haram And Isis (picture) / Photos: Masjid al-Haram mosque In Saudi Arabia collapsed, 87 People Died.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.