Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai (6793 Views)

Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / Tony Anenih Refuses To Honor EFCC Invitation / You Have No Excuse To Fail, Perfom Now – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by RibaduFan(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2008
MKO obeyed the rule of law, now he is obeying the rule of nature. El Rufai run run run run run run, leave no trail.

U can't hold the bull by the horn when someone else is milking it. - MKO Abiola
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by chidichris(m): 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2008
mikeansy,
it is difficult to deal with ur type bcs you lack everything about information.
which cases did obj loose? which media operated freely? what are the sources of your information?
do u know about AIT and their report of third term? do you know what happened to the company and her workers?
we are not here to compare what obj gave us now and what he was then. because there is no basis for such backward comparism
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2008
i'm a politician because i support obeying the rules of law, i'm related to an ex governor because i refuse to side with ribadu's or el-rufai's disobeying the rules and regulations, i'm not serious minded because i feel that obeying the rules and regulations by all is the beginning of prosperity and a path towards greatness. it is very sad to see how many young nigerians are already lost.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Muza(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2008
cre8tivity:

i'm a politician because i support obeying the rules of law, i'm related to an ex governor because i refuse to side with ribadu's or el-rufai's disobeying the rules and regulations, i'm not serious minded because i feel that obeying the rules and regulations by all is the beginning of prosperity and a path towards greatness. it is very sad to see how many young nigerians are already lost.

its really sad sad cry
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2008
Barai kowai, sey shegen soro de baki.
Oles, wind don dey blow,we dey see fowl yansh
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Mamajama(m): 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
This is how shallow minded some Nigerians can be, he was invited for questioning while he was outside the country. He appointed a lawyer to represent him. Why cant the EFCC send all their correspondence through his representative?

People want him to abandon his studies and come back to Nigeria.

Question:

Will EFCC reimburse him for his flight itinerary?

Will they reimburse him if he has to re-take the course?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Can someone tell us all what rule of Law that this useless administration is acclaiming means?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by RibaduFan(m): 6:27pm On Dec 22, 2008
Mamajama

The child crying understands, while the mother palcifying it is also not at a loss.

The bead that wont break here and wont break there , would someday break somewhere.

The young boy cutting the tree in the bush cant help wondering what angle the tree would fall at, bu the old man in at home already knows the exact position the tree would fall.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by sherrylo: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2008
@Yemmyse very true!. Oye omo ton sukun,oye iya e ton re!. El-Rufai knows why he won't honour their invitation and EFCC knows why they are inviting him, I tell you we only make do with the little info we get, only the politicians knows exactly whats happening and we are just confuse maybe he is running away from true justice or from people wanting revenge.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by RibaduFan(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2008
To avoid the protruding branch of the big tree, u need to keep ur distance from the tree itself (Igi gogoro magu mi loju, ato okere lati n wo)
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by sicily4u: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2008
there is no cause for ALARM

if i were el-rufai i will not appear b4 the EFCC becos the wey an seeing it, there is danger ahead he may trying to obey the rule and endup in jail from there to mortuary

Its him the only one that eat nigerians money what about OBJ

my brother stay away from this stupid people call efcc.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Mamajama(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2008
With all your parable i don't understand what you guys are insinuating. The questions that I am asking is why jump to conclusion and declare someone wanted without due process.

If El Rufai is indicted and found guilty, let him burn in hell. Dont declare someone wanted without following the legal means available by law.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by RibaduFan(m): 7:38pm On Dec 22, 2008
Mamajama

If u know u have the tendency for excessive swelling, then dont go near an head knocking context.

One who is being chased with fire, shouldnt go rubbing petrol on his body.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Solomon227(m): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2008
Cre8tivity and Muza,u guys are awfully annoying. I had to join this forum because I culd no longer stomach your outlandish postings. Every reasonable Nigerian, unlike u 2,knows who d real thieves are:"THE ONES";(IBOR??,ODI??,OBJ??,IGBI??,BODE?? , ) But AndaOle and WaziMUMU hav kept no 1 in doubt that these people are untouchable. These guys ave trillions of Nigeria Naira savely coveted among them and interestingly they just dont happen to b EFCC priority now but lesser thieves with some"Nigeria standard" credibility.
Cre8tivity and Muza,u guys shuld listen and listen carefully we all know El Rufai isnt a saint neither was Ribadu fair in discharging his duties but these guyz will b stoned with satchets of pure water while "THE ONES" will b butchered,stoned and mutilated if they were all hanged on the cross b/4 nigerians 4 appropriate purnishment.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2008
yemesse: yes, keep your distance till the future of our country falls apart. a very good percentage of the young stars are already living outside nigeria, who knows how many more to go. keep your distance while our role models share their parts of the pie. ribadu rejected many invitations from efcc few weeks ago because he was studying for his final exam. el-rufai is also rejecting the invitation because he's currently out of the country busy studying for his coming exam. please, tell me that this is a joke.
This is how shallow minded some Nigerians can be,  he was invited for questioning while he was outside the country.  He appointed a lawyer to represent him.  Why can't the EFCC send all their correspondence through his representative?

People want him to abandon his studies and come back to Nigeria.

Question:

Will EFCC reimburse him for his flight itinerary?  

Will they reimburse him if he has to re-take the course?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Can someone tell us all what rule of Law  that this useless administration is acclaiming means?
mamajama love, just in case you did not know: ribadu and el-rufai are not just average nigerian citizens, they were parts of the top federal government officials. for example, when fbi is seeking to question any united states citizen for anything, you will never hear this type of weak or ridiculous excuses and you do not dispatch a lawyer to represent you when you're being wanted for questioning. you could request for the presence of your lawyer during the questioning, but it is purely your responsibility to make yourself available immediately. if you need assistance in making yourself available, your lawyer could then put in an official request for assistance. this request may or may not be approved by the fg, it all depends on your circumstance. mamajama, as a lawyer, i thought simple scenario like this should be very clear to you. oh well, i guess you don't expect much from a community lawyer.
ribadu and el-rufai are mixing things up as usual, they seem to be very confused or at least not getting good advise. there is a big difference between education circumstance and medical circumstance. what both of these guys are trying to pull is usually something you pull when medical circumstance is involved.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
i hope all the looters are stoned to death. i'm not in anyway supporting any ex governor. what i'm supporting is obeying the rules of law. nobody is above the law. if ribadu or el-rufai gets away with this latest stunt, believe it or not, it makes prosecuting this thieves "ex governor" more difficult. it is very low, weak and stupid to give excuses for our role models to disobey the rules of law. nigeria as a country will remain motionless for a very long time if we think this way. for us to witness any progress, the rules of law must be obeyed by ALL. this is what every one of us should be promoting and not giving free pass to step all over the rules of law.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
adedibu got away with disobeying the rules of law till he finally died few months ago. till today ibadan people are still feeling the negative effect of his actions. during those days, when anything was said about adedibu on disobeying the rules of law, his supporters were ready to kill. they felt that he had done so much for them and for politics in the country, therefore it was ok for him to step right on the face of rules of law. in fact obasojo/ ribadu confirmed this acceptance during the same period. do you people remember this statement: "adedibu as a dried fish can not be changed" by obasojo.
this is a terrible state of mind and a quick way to sink the entire nation. and it seems to me that you guys are repeating this history. the difference bwt you guys and adedibu's followers are not much, all of you are guilty of the same crime.
regardless of the matter, the rules of law must be obeyed by everybody . this is the only way out of darkness.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by sherrylo: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
Its easy to obey the rule of law when the people trying you are doing so with open minds not when you know they have intrest or are connected with people who has intrest in your doom.Although dinning with the devil? you need a longggg spoon!
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by sherrylo: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2008
Adedibu did not hold any political office, did he?
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2008
xEFCC declares El-Rufai wanted over misappropriation of N32 billion public funds
x | December 22, 2008
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has declared Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, the former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), wanted over alleged misappropriation of N32 billion public funds.

In a statement the said el-Rufai “is wanted for abuse of office and misappropriation public funds to the tune of N32 billion.

“The need to declare el-Rufai wanted became imperative following his failure to honour a simple invitation from the Commission to respond to weighty allegations levelled at him in petitions being investigated by the Commission,”

The EFCC said it had “written el-Rufai some weeks ago to appear before it on November 28, 2008. Instead of honouring the invitation, he wrote back through his counsel, asking the EFCC to send its questions to him. He had claimed then that he was writing an examination outside the country.

“This prompted the Commission to grant him another three (3) weeks grace. But instead of seizing the opportunity to respond to the weighty allegations against him, he has resorted to a hide and seek game, and an appalling show of impunity on the pages of newspapers,”

el-Rufai in an interview said “I am a student. I cannot leave my studies to reurn to Nigeria to answer questions from anybody because I am not a government employee. 
http://ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=7616 

if you do not see anything wrong, you are a true enemy of progress and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu Withdraws Lawsuit Against AGF, IGP, EFCC
x | December 22, 2008
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has withdrawn a suit which he filed before a Federal High Court against the EFCC, the Inspector General of Police and the Attorney General of the Federation.

Ribadu had been seeking a declaration that the EFCC, Police, and Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) were not entitled in law to deny his fundamental rights to liberty and freedom of movement as stated in Sections 35 [1] of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Ribadu’s counsel made an oral application for discontinuance of the suit saying the suit had been overtaken by events.

The Chief Judge the directed the counsel to file notice and he complied with that immediately. The notice of discountenance dated December 17 was brought pursuant to order 30 rule 2 (1) of the Federal High Court (Civil Procedure) rules 2000.

The counsel to the AGF disagreed saying that the suit could not be withdrawn at that stage since they had joined issues with the plaintiff by filing a counter affidavit and there were judicial decisions in support.

But the judge said: “A judicial decision must be predicated on the rules of law of this court. Lawyers will be citing judicial decision based on the rule of another court, please, we should stop wasting time.” I am satisfied that this suit should be discontinued. It is therefore discontinued. I hereby struck it out

if you don't smell fish, you're a true enemy of prosperity and you should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by sherrylo: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
@cre8tivity everyone should be ashame of theirselves because they don't think exactly the way you do whaooo.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Muza(m): 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2008
the problem with Nigeria is that we are too forgetfull,
this is the same guy that flaunted many court order restraining him from evicting ppl from govt. houses.
The guy ddnt disobey just 1 or 2 court orders,he disobeyed many and even boasted.
Yet he was never charged for contempt.
Now they are just asking him,
where is the balance on N32bn from sale of govt houses,and the guy is playing hide and seek just like his friend,DCP Ribadu.
N32bn no be beans o!
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Quser(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
This is truly sad,
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by GettysBurg: 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2008
Hey Guys, we all seem to have been caught up with the syndrome of 'the more you look, the less you see'.

We are so intelligent, yet an 'insider' will read all our posts and just laugh.

In nigerian politics, nothing is as it seems.  If we look closely, we will realise that the only people being touched by this regime are of a certain colour. They are strong men, ambitious, performers, strategic and intelligent, etc.  Ribadu, El Rufai, Soludo, etc.  The game plan was hatched long ago, after Yar adua came into power. The PLAN was to neutralize certain men who were considered threats.  It was hatched in the manse of one former south-south governor. The targets include the key people i have mentioned and 2 others.  They became targets because they had plans which came in direct conflict of the former governor's plans, had too much information, and refused to 'play ball'(becos of their own plans).

Have you wondered why Idiagbon was Neutralised even before OBJ came into power?  
Or, do you think the arrest of Jim Ovia, and harrasment of Rivers state officials are a separate and different issue from the issues being discussed?
Or even Soludo's planned sack?

All a part of the game, friends.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2008
i don't get your point. so, the only people being touched by this regime are of a certain colour. they are strong men, ambitious, performers, strategic and intelligent, etc. what is your point? so, if you are ambitious, performer, strategic and intelligent you should be left alone? please, give me a break, a thief is a thief. and a thief should be brought down. chief odelli is one of the biggest thieves around today and yet he's a medical doctor. alams or ibori isn't a dummy either. the problem here is nigerians are shielding certain group of people because we love them and they've done so much for the country. i'm sorry, this is not the way. a thief is a thief. everybody should follow the same rules. if ribadu or el-rufai or fashola or adeboye or yaradua or kanu or okocha or okiro or anybody is guilty of stealing from the nigeria government, this individual should be prosecuted accordingly. nobody is above the law. i think more will come out soon, it will become very clear that in-fact our role models that we are shielding from rules of law are also crooks. you can not fight corruption with corruption and expect honey to be flowing from the sky in abuja. it is impossible. the least a decent nigeria could do is to encourage el-rufai to come back home and answer the questions.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Moves: 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2008
Why do nigerians refuse to face the issue; even when its is staring them in the face; 1st it was ribadu; now its el-rufai; EFCC Should shut up and stop making noises; It is not a criminal offence not to honor an invitation; if dont they conclude their investigation and them instigate a warrant for the said people; who in their right mind will honor such request; It is simple; UK & Nigeria have bilateral agreements in this day and age; the AGF & EFCC need only to give the word that they have the evidence that el-rufai is culpable; for the Met Police to effect his arrest; they should stop play mind games; we know how things work; they should quit the bullshit. The Question we should be asking is Why would EFCC be sending out invitation to someone they have evidence that proves the person that has stolen 32Billion ? It doesnt Add Up, Nigerians use ur common sense
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by Jairzinho(m): 11:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
People respond as if they think anything works in Nigeria.

We all know everything is politically motivated. Has the police ever solved any serious crime in Nigeria in recent times?

The moment Ribadu left EFCC,the anti-corruption fight essentialyy halted !

Like someone posted,this is just a clear signal to all talented Nigerians in the Diaspora,if you should dare try to serve your government,it may take a while,but you will certainly be messed up !

Really sad indeed.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by GettysBurg: 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ creativity,

let me ask you: how do you show who is a thief? Is it on the pages of newspaper? Is it by making phoney and phantom claims?

When tafa balogun was nailed, the evidence was crystal clear. He even owned up to his crimes.

Remember, all innocent, until proven guilty. And justice must be done, and also SEEN to be done. Period!

The issue is clear, there is a plan. And it is playing out already, sadly, one of my 'brothers' is the arrowhead.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by RibaduFan(m): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
Getty

Creativity is set in his ways. But, i dare say he is on a sure,albeit, tricky path to wealth and fame.

The likes of Arisekola, Kanu (Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha aflame) etc walked that path and they are proud they did.

Eni aso fun oba je o gbo.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by GettysBurg: 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2008
@moves, @jairzinho,

you made solid points. I truly wish people see clearly.

Do you know that a certain governor will definitely be let off the hooks by the british government? All a part of deft calculations and moves by key actors in this regime.
Do you know there will be a political clash between the VP and a former south-south governor sooner or later? And there are plans to contain that too?
What of the Amaechi connection?
My friends, let us LOOK and SEE!  

And, i say for certainty, these guys are going somewhere.  Mark my words!
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by GettysBurg: 11:36pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ yemmysee,

i was thinking so, u know.

Only thing is, i hardly contemplated an 'old paale'(or is it mama?) is on nairaland. They are the ones that are usually set in their ways.
Re: Why I Won’t Honour EFCC's Invitation Now - El-Rufai by cre8tivity(f): 11:40pm On Dec 22, 2008
how would you define an individual that is running from facing the law? there is no such thing as " because of my studies i can't honour fbi's EFCC's  invitation". this is nothing but a total disrespect. moreover, it brings more attention when this kind of statement comes from one of our role models. who the hell exactly these people think they are?

Remember, all innocent, until proven guilty. And justice must be done, and also SEEN to be done. Period!
you need to send this message to ribadu.

do you know what happened to people that did not immediately honour ribadu's invitation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shekau Before He Was Killed?: Did He Have To Be Killed? / Who Remembers This Hilarious Professor? (photo) / Shehu Sani Urged Federal Government To Support South African Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.