Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (213754 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 9:05am On Aug 02, 2017
Goodday Jethro, in your next training, I guess it has the course outline of how participants would construct greenhouse with local materials? I have someone that would want to attend for this training and he also wants to learn that aspect of building the local greenhouse/screen house/Newhouse for the growing of tomatoes successfully under your tutelage. Please reply
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2017
karlxavier:
Goodday Jethro, in your next training, I guess it has the course outline of how participants would construct greenhouse with local materials? I have someone that would want to attend for this training and he also wants to learn that aspect of building the local greenhouse/screen house/Newhouse for the growing of tomatoes successfully under your tutelage. Please reply

Currently we are not constructing greenhouse.
Its not also in the next batch curriculum.
I will suggest he hold on till some other time
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2017
Another is, am grateful for the question you answered. In the open field, is tuta absoluta known as tomato ebola curbed with frequent spraying and management when one attends the 3months training?

I was thinking that it would be a good idea if one goes for the three months training, get practical knowledge and still have your greenhouse built.

Is their anyway to have an excellent crop yield in the open field just like in the greenhouse?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2017
But @ Jethro, can your team help in constructing greenhouse for people in oyo state at a fee?? I read somewhere on this thread about greenhouse construction by your team using local materials.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2017
Please do justice to the above questions madam. Thanks and God bless
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:38am On Aug 02, 2017
karlxavier:
Another is, am grateful for the question you answered. In the open field, is tuta absoluta known as tomato ebola curbed with frequent spraying and management when one attends the 3months training?

I was thinking that it would be a good idea if one goes for the three months training, get practical knowledge and still have your greenhouse built.

Is their anyway to have an excellent crop yield in the open field just like in the greenhouse?

Yes. We have an organic pesticide that not only prevents tuta absoluta but also tackle several range of crop pests.

With good soil management, excellent crop yield ( Good Agricultural Practise) can be achieve in both greenhouse and open field crop.

Like wise don't expect a better yield from a poorly managed Greenhouse and open field plant
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2017
karlxavier:
But @ Jethro, can your team help in constructing greenhouse for people in oyo state at a fee?? I read somewhere on this thread about greenhouse construction by your team using local materials.

How about this..
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:42am On Aug 02, 2017
karlxavier:

Yes. My team do construct greenhouse for our farm.
Yes . My team member can construct for you at a fee. I will put it across to them and link you up if they are willing to do that for you.

Please note that greenhouse construction does not include managing the greenhouse for you
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:51am On Aug 02, 2017
Noted. That won't be an issue. I believe someone with the 3 months practical training coupled with a nice constructed greenhouse can have a decent start in the tomato industry cos he or she already has the good agronomy practices after the training. Hope am right ma?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
karlxavier:
Noted. That won't be an issue. I believe someone with the 3 months practical training coupled with a nice constructed greenhouse can have a decent start in the tomato industry cos he or she already has the good agronomy practices after the training. Hope am right ma?

Yes. You are right
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by KingShayDee(m): 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
jethro kindly drop ur contact
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 9:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Jethro, can a land that the owner wants to plant Palm plantation be intercropped with tomatoes in the open for the first five years of cultivation? Can tomatoes be grown in a land that palm trees are planted?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 9:31am On Aug 03, 2017
Also, can a greenhouse be constructed in between the spaces in a palm plantation farms? I also have a man that has palm plantation on about 80 plots of land and he is about to plant palm trees. He also wants to use all the spaces for greenhouses for growing vegetables. Can be go go ahead madam?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
KingShayDee:
jethro kindly drop ur contact
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
karlxavier:
Jethro, can a land that the owner wants to plant Palm plantation be intercropped with tomatoes in the open for the first five years of cultivation? Can tomatoes be grown in a land that palm trees are planted?

I don't do palm trees. Have no idea about it
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
karlxavier:
Also, can a greenhouse be constructed in between the spaces in a palm plantation farms? I also have a man that has palm plantation on about 80 plots of land and he is about to plant palm trees. He also wants to use all the spaces for greenhouses for growing vegetables. Can be go go ahead madam?

No idea on what is good or not good for palm trees
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Fadiga24(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
SunshineG report.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fadiga24:
SunshineG report.
I am here my chairman wink
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Fadiga24(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
sunshineG:
I am here my chairman wink

Dude no dull o, You dnt have to win the thing but you don't have to give everybody the impression that you are shaky or something.

You don't even like the girl so that gives you even more confidence.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fadiga24:

Dude no dull o, You dnt have to win the thing but you don't have to give everybody the impression that you are shaky or something.

You don't even like the girl so that gives you even more confidence.
thanks bro wink
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
good day, do you realise you guys are posting this in a wrong section ?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
Goodday madam jethro, please I also need few advises pls. Apart from the open market and the standard markets, are their any tip of how the farmer (urban farmer ) can get to sell his or her produce directly to the consumers ? Any marketing tip as regards to this ?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by karlxavier(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
what I mean by location is, the terrain one knows well and know a lot of people in that area .
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by faolay: 12:49am On Sep 29, 2017
More than 60tonnes/ha...Tested and trusted!!! Enquiries: 08061521651

Better seed for better yield...

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Peaceuntou: 8:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
1. Please sir,can Roma tomato be grow in Delta state? 2. Do you have indeterminate specie of Roma tomato?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Peaceuntou: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
1. Please sir,Mr Jethro2 ,can Roma tomato be grown in Delta state? 2. Do you have indeterminate specie of Roma tomato?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by dolawande(m): 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
Jethro please when is the next training coming up??
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 5:42am On Oct 19, 2017
dolawande:
Jethro please when is the next training coming up??

Next training resumption is Nov 6th
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by toyclicks: 1:13pm On Oct 20, 2017
Good afternoon Jethro.

I was on research for the crop to plant this dry season when I stumbled on your thread. I must say your thread has blessed me.
However, I am in a dilema of choosing btw whether to go for ewedu or Tomatoes. From what I can gather, it seems tomato planting would be more sophisticated and demanding than growing ewedu. I have tried to find out potential ROI for Ewedu but can't lay my hands on anything esp online.

Pls can you thus help me with figures. what is the potential ROI from ewedu in this dry season(I hope this is not derailing the thread). using 1 acre as scenario. I will look forward to your reply. thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
toyclicks:
Good afternoon Jethro.

I was on research for the crop to plant this dry season when I stumbled on your thread. I must say your thread has blessed me.
However, I am in a dilema of choosing btw whether to go for ewedu or Tomatoes. From what I can gather, it seems tomato planting would be more sophisticated and demanding than growing ewedu. I have tried to find out potential ROI for Ewedu but can't lay my hands on anything esp online.

Pls can you thus help me with figures. what is the potential ROI from ewedu in this dry season(I hope this is not derailing the thread). using 1 acre as scenario. I will look forward to your reply. thanks

Ewedu is a good crop to plant during the dry season.
The price automatically double because it become so scarce due to no rainfall.

I have never taken the time to study the cost analysis for ewedu.

Please get in touch with rural farmers in your vicinity to see if they can be of help
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by domack99(m): 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2017
How profitable is open tomato farming

And madam Jethro, are you into greenhouse tomato farming or yours is open field
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
domack99:
How profitable is open tomato farming

And madam Jethro, are you into greenhouse tomato farming or yours is open field

Profitability is determined by the effort and management involve.

Currently into open field planting

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.