Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (213896 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hello, I have about 20 Ugu pods for sale at reasonable price, call me on 07056877756, 07088122229.
toyclicks:
@Jethro

Good morning,
Pls I am in need of Ugwu Pods for planting and I can't seem to get. I got to Bodija Market in Ibadan and I was given crazy prices. I linked IITA but they didn't have.

Pls I will appreciate any link to any institution(preferably) that may have. These market women just want to slash person throat with there prices

I am located in Ibadan.

Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by toyclicks: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
jethro2:

Contact Kalusam on 07036931636

Thanks, I already contacted him before I posted. seems he is now into irrigation kits supply now. He is no more into planting right now.

But I already gotten a source that happened to be one of your affiliates.

Thanks a lot, Clearing should start this weekend, DV

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
toyclicks:

Thanks, I already contacted him before I posted. seems he is now into irrigation kits supply now. He is no more into planting right now.

Glad you got it
Success all the way
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
Plan to Join us January 8th 2018

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 11:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
@ toyclicks,
I have like more than 20 pods for sale call me on 07056877756, 07088122229
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Ejiod(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
moshoodtex:
@ toyclicks,
I have like more than 20 pods for sale call me on 07056877756, 07088122229
How profitable is this ugu biz.
I'm about venturing into it.
Pls what estimate yield can be made per hectare because I want to start small in Vegetable.I have read a lot of research on it
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Ejiod(m): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2017
jethro2:
Plan to Join us January 8th 2018
Boss,
How profitable is this ugu biz.
I'm about venturing into it.
Pls what estimate yield can be made per hectare because I want to start small in Vegetable.I have read a lot of research on it
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
Please Madam, kindly help me on this matter, I have my farm in Ijebu North in Ogun state. the problem is that only one tomato variety can survive in our area and the quality of the variety is undesirable for consumption especially when other variety are available in the market. what advice can you give for successful cultivation of other variety. Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 5:58am On Jan 03, 2018
moshoodtex:
Please Madam, kindly help me on this matter, I have my farm in Ijebu North in Ogun state. the problem is that only one tomato variety can survive in our area and the quality of the variety is undesirable for consumption especially when other variety are available in the market. what advice can you give for successful cultivation of other variety. Thanks

Other varieties will survive in the area. It depend on your soil management, pest control, water usage and maintenance for the growing period
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2018
Thanks a lots Madam, please you suggest any variety with high percentage of survival assurance for me? Am planning to cultivate next February.
jethro2:

Other varieties will survive in the area. It depend on your soil management, pest control, water usage and maintenance for the growing period
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
moshoodtex:
Thanks a lots Madam, please you suggest any variety with high percentage of survival assurance for me? Am planning to cultivate next February.

First and foremost is getting to know the best management practises.

Its the practises that determine the survival rate of any species you might wish to grow.

Seed alone do not determine the survival
Water management system
Soil management
Pest control
Disease management

Are part if what constitute your crop survival
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Kalusam(m): 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2018
jethro2:

Contact Kalusam on 07036931636
Thanks for the recommendation ma. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Kalusam(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2018
toyclicks:

Good to know you were able to get seeds, but please I did not remember telling you that I am no longer into Ugu farming or planting that I am now into irrigation supply. Well, to set the records straight for the benefit of thos I am fully into Farming and other areas in the Agribusiness value chain. Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by eldest(m): 5:51am On Jan 29, 2018
EJIMS FARMS in Owerri

We are into Piggery, Birds, Fishery, Snail and vegetables

A farm with already built structures and facilities for Piggery, fish, and birds is available for rent/lease in Owerri.
If you're interested in raising birds, fish and growing vegetables or snail farming you can contact us.

We need only serious and passionate farmers.
We also have pigs available for sale, we need butchers around Owerri.

IT students who wants to gain firsthand knowledge on Piggery farming are also welcomed to our farm.

Contact us on: Ejimworld@yahoo.com or 08063535050
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 1:56am On Feb 05, 2018
The next training batch resume by March 5th
We have vacancy for farm managers, farm supervisors and agronomist
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:30am On Feb 25, 2018
Exporting The Jobs..
I remembered when shoprite open their first shop @Ibadan.

It generate a tough arguments on nairaland.

"Who will patronise them? Some asked

" Ibadan has low purchasing power, others maintained

But surprisingly, shoprite open another outlets in Ibadan less than a year after the first one was opened.

And today we can all testify to how many outlets they have all over Nigeria.

Surprisingly why millions of Nigerian youth roam the street in search of non available job, the available jobs are daily been exported out.

Let me take you through a walk to the fruits and vegetable section of any of the chain stores.

There is no time you get there that you will not get an array of fresh fruits and vegetables well displayed on the shelfs

But why Nigerians are jobless, some farmers are producing this fruits and vegetable from neighbouring African countries like South Africa, Ghana etc

Then it gets air freight to Nigeria, the giant consumer but non producing of Africa

The imported fruits and vegetables are paid for in dollars..

In the production chain, we have...
* Farmers
* Transporters
* Parkers
*Cleaners
* Security men
* Ware house service provider..
* Seed sellers
* Harvesters

And all sort of workers whose needs and want of job are filled along the line.

But here on our soil, our youth see farming as old man job, dirty job.

You now see how jobs get exported outside the shore of Nigeria.

We have the land
We have the resources

What we lack is human resources and proper coordination to form the system.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by samuel25(m): 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
jethro2:
Exporting The Jobs..
I remembered when shoprite open their first shop @Ibadan.

It generate a tough arguments on nairaland.

"Who will patronise them? Some asked

" Ibadan has low purchasing power, others maintained

But surprisingly, shoprite open another outlets in Ibadan less than a year after the first one was opened.

And today we can all testify to how many outlets they have all over Nigeria.

Surprisingly why millions of Nigerian youth roam the street in search of non available job, the available jobs are daily been exported out.

Let me take you through a walk to the fruits and vegetable section of any of the chain stores.

There is no time you get there that you will not get an array of fresh fruits and vegetables well displayed on the shelfs

But why Nigerians are jobless, some farmers are producing this fruits and vegetable from neighbouring African countries like South Africa, Ghana etc

Then it gets air freight to Nigeria, the giant consumer but non producing of Africa

The imported fruits and vegetables are paid for in dollars..

In the production chain, we have...
* Farmers
* Transporters
* Parkers
*Cleaners
* Security men
* Ware house service provider..
* Seed sellers
* Harvesters

And all sort of workers whose needs and want of job are filled along the line.

But here on our soil, our youth see farming as old man job, dirty job.

You now see how jobs get exported outside the shore of Nigeria.

We have the land
We have the resources

What we lack is human resources and proper coordination to form the system.

Don't be offended with my question. With your training, are you guarantee the trainee access to profitable market after the training. Attending training is not a problem but aftermath of training. Many trainings in Nigeria are after training's fee and not success of the trainees. Market is the major challenge of most farm produce. I have tried tomatoes before, I was frustrated out of it by annoying market price. what make the training unique. Agriculture or farming is sweet on paper and or proposal, but reality differs.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:08am On Feb 27, 2018
samuel25:

Don't be offended with my question. With your training, are you guarantee the trainee access to profitable market after the training. Attending training is not a problem but aftermath of training. Many trainings in Nigeria are after training's fee and not success of the trainees. Market is the major challenge of most farm produce. I have tried tomatoes before, I was frustrated out of it by annoying market price. what make the training unique. Agriculture or farming is sweet on paper and or proposal, but reality differs.

Our training guarantee steady access to market for vegetable production.

We have a cluster that supply SPAR and we are really struggling to meet up with the quantity demanded.

Out of 132 list of fruits and vegetables demanded on continuous basis by the store.

Our team currently produce and supply 3 of Habanero (Yellow and red) sweet pepper (green colour)

However cluster members are all in the same place to guarantee management and prompt production

Yes. There is guarantee market at reasonable price
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2018
jethro2:

Our training guarantee steady access to market for vegetable production.

We have a cluster that supply SPAR and we are really struggling to meet up with the quantity demanded.

Out of 132 list of fruits and vegetables demanded on continuous basis by the store.

Our team currently produce and supply 3 of Habanero (Yellow and red) sweet pepper (green colour)

However cluster members are all in the same place to guarantee management and prompt production

Yes. There is guarantee market at reasonable price

Hello, am into pepper, tomato, Ugu and cassava farming in Ijebu-Igbo area of Ogun State. My major problem is marketing, now I have about 2 hectares of cassava ready for harvest but there is no reasonable buyer yet. Can you assure that with training you are embarking on this proble will be solve?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 11:24am On Feb 27, 2018
Please, which nematocide can I use to treat crop (pepper) affected by root-knot nematode?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2018
moshoodtex:

Hello, am into pepper, tomato, Ugu and cassava farming in Ijebu-Igbo area of Ogun State. My major problem is marketing, now I have about 2 hectares of cassava ready for harvest but there is no reasonable buyer yet. Can you assure that with training you are embarking on this proble will be solve?

The market guarantee we have is for those that stay withing the same area with the cluster.

We have standard and quality to meet which we can not guarantee at the far distance
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
moshoodtex:
Please, which nematocide can I use to treat crop (pepper) affected by root-knot nematode?

Nematode has no treatment.
It only have prevention
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Ameboperoo(m): 6:24am On Feb 28, 2018
MY TOMATO IS READY FOR TRANSPLANT THIS WEEK. WHEN CAN I START TO USE BEST AND SUPAGRO TO PRAY IT?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:41am On Feb 28, 2018
Ameboperoo:
MY TOMATO IS READY FOR TRANSPLANT THIS WEEK. WHEN CAN I START TO USE BEST AND SUPAGRO TO PRAY IT?

We do organic on our farm.
We don't use super gro
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Seun(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2018
moshoodtex:
Ah, this is a serious question. I'd like to know the answer too. I remember reading about a pesticide with some nematocidal properties once.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2018
Seun:

Ah, this is a serious question. I'd like to know the answer too. I remember reading about a pesticide with some nematocidal properties once.

Nematode can only be prevented using neem active ingredient called azadirachtin
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:12am On Mar 04, 2018
ethro2: 6:09am
You don't have to wait after #NYSC
Join our team

#Market Access for Organic Vegetable Farmers

Good news to serious vegetable growers and intending growers.

We have an opportunity to supply fresh farm produce to one of the leading supermarkets which currently runs several outlets in the cities

This opportunity will benefit a lot of farmers especially that many of us complain of market challenges

The main condition is consistent in produce and quality supply.

The team require 200 members with each taking up one crop each to produce consistently all year round

We have secured land, water source and other materials for participating members to use.

The pilot project has kicked off with some trained farmers already.

This is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Don't let this pass you by.

There is no government job anywhere
Put an end to street roaming and let's feed the nation together.

* Technical support is available with the team.
* Land is free use for a year
* Irrigation set will be provided at some cost
* Free accommodation is available for a year
* Water provision @some cost
* Seed provision @ some cost
* Farm equipment usage @some cost

Requirements..
* 3 months introductory agribusiness training
* Passion to work with team and be responsible
* Signed agreement letter of good behaviour
* Participatory fee of N25,000

Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State

Contact

www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative

#Yinka_Adesola
#Entrepreneur_Youth_Cooperative
#Farm_Villa
#Organic_farmer
#Female_Farmer

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:06am On Mar 22, 2018
May 7th is just by the corner.
For those that we could not accommodate for the month of March

Start planning from now towards May.
Remember its first come first serve.

We have limited accommodation

The Cluster fruits and vegetable project has started.

* 1000 farmers with 1000 acre
* Producing crops all year round with irrigation
* Creating employment
* Available markets with retail stores
* Access to land for every participants
* Technical supports for all farm activities

You sure don't have an excuse.

Training duration is 3 months after which participant can ...

* 1. Choose to work with farms as farm managers on salary basis.
Jobs are available.
We link you up.
Salary scale: N50,000 upward
Farm accommodation will be provided

* 2. Choose to join the cluster group in managing his own farm with all technical support provided by the team at some cost
- Market supply every 2 weeks
- Consistence production
- Water supply all year round

* 3. Choose to go and start his or her own farm at anywhere.
- Technical supports, after training consultation still available from our team

Training and farm location
1 Balogun Street
Ago Amodu.
Saki East LGA of Oyo State

Duration for training
3 months

Training Participatory Fee :
N40,000

Transport from Hostel to Farm
N600 per week

Feeding
Participants Feed themselves

Food commodities are relatively affordable in the village side.

Payment for registration are made into
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose
Stanbic IBTC Saki

Contact for more detail
Yinka : 08064688501
Alfa : 07089815690
Tolulope : 08061633193
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Kayzaly: 12:14am On Mar 24, 2018
The training fee for May is how much?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:40am On Mar 24, 2018
Kayzaly:
The training fee for May is how much?

Training fee for May is N40,000
Resumption is May 7th

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.