Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting (69631 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Picture Of Buhari Shaking Osinbajo Is Best Of All Buhari's Returning Pictures / Dami Osinbajo Is Gorgeous, Osinbajo's First Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by jcflex(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ruffled by the momentum generated by the nomination of Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as General Mohamadu Buhari's running mate, President Goodluck Jonathan is asking a group of Pentecostal pastors to help him avert what he fears could be an impending loss in next month's presidential polls.

Osinbajo, a prominent cleric with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, law professor and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN emerged APC's presidential running mate last month giving President Jonathan and the ruling party, PDP, what is being described as sleepless nights, by sources.

Specifically last Thursday, the President held a meeting in Abuja, with a number of Pentecostal pastors led by Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel, with the main agenda being how to fashion out ways to solve the "Osinbajo" problem.

Sources at the meeting confirmed that President Jonathan confessed in a rather rattled and humbling manner that "Osinbajo is my problem."

According to those at the meeting, the President added that "everything was okay until APC picked Osinbajo."

This is coming against the background of wild speculations that APC is an Islamist party and that General Buhari is a religious fundamentalist-which has become one of the main planks of the PDP presidential campaign. While PDP chieftains and supporters have continued to characterize APC as an Islamist party, APC leaders have consistently dismissed such as unfounded, baseless and a scare tactic by the PDP.

Many observers say the nomination of a prominent Pentecostal pastor from the fastest growing church in Africa by the APC may have effectively doused such speculations and the attempt to label the party as one with an islamization agenda.

There has been a rather conscious attempt to make next month's presidential polls a religious one especially in the Southern part of the country where there is a much larger Christian population, observers say.

At the meeting organized by the Executive Secretary of the National Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) John Kennedy Okpara, President Jonathan poured out his mind that running against a leading Pastor of the RCCG, who is also known to be very close to the much reverred General Overseer of the church, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, is an uphill task.

Sources at the meeting, said Jonathan was ruffled and much distracted as he confessed to the challenge to him, of the APC naming such a person as Osinbajo as General Buhari's running mate.

In response, the Pastors led by Bishop Oyedepo assured the President at the meeting that they would, "starting from today," use every device possible including social media, the pulpit and influence peddling, to campaign in support of President Jonathan and against the Buhari-Osinbajo ticket.

Before the meeting with the President, sources said the pastors held a meeting on the same day to strategize and agree on how and what they would present to the president.

At that pre-meeting, some Pentecostal pastors suggested that they use the opportunity of the meeting afforded by the President to express their genuine fears on growing insecurity in the North with Boko Haram killing and attacking Christians and other innocent Nigerians.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians.

While some of the pastors were shocked and disappointed that Bishop Oyedepo would not allow them to raise important issues bothering most Nigerians, they decided to keep silent not to be seen as spoilsports.

And later after meeting the president, the pastors gathered together again on the same day to device strategies they will use to campaign against Buhari/Osinbajo, with the main scheme being to label the ticket as an Islamist one.

Some of the pastors also suggested that they can influence Christians that the position of Vice President is not an effective one, and that having a Christian hold it makes no difference, although the Nigerian constitution and the order of precedence makes the office the next in rank to the president.

Indeed as if carrying out the resolve, members of the Winners Chapel said Bishop Oyedepo has already started using the pulpit to achieve the goals set out at last Thursday meeting in Abuja.

Some of the members said yesterday Sunday January 18, Bishop Oyedepo raised a prayer point that an Islamist would not become the President of Nigeria in the polls coming next month to the chagrin of many of the church attendants on Sunday.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/19/%E2%80%9Cosinbajo-my-problem%E2%80%9D-president-jonathan-cries-out-secret-meeting-pentecostal-pastors

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Bigcake: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
What biz do i have with politicians? Only N10 reduction of fuel price? And Buhari may come in and increase it by N20.... They are all the same with empty promises..

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by lacasa: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
And they say Muslims r the problem.

Just see what so called heads of the Christian religion are doing.

Getting involved in blatant smear campaigns and undermining the church's integrity cos of Naira notes

I am not against any religion, but to be frank, Nigerian Christians that follow these evil men have to ask themselves if really Jesus would av ordained this kind of men his Kindred

Manipulate Religion for Jonathan all u want, what many Nigerians like myself know, is that GOD is not a hypocrite and the way He put Jonathan in Aso Villa He will surely remove him

Maybe this year or in Future.

Politics, the PDP way, is like a Do or Die affair.

*spits*

God bless u GMB and PYO, no matter the opposition, u will lead us, u surely will.

Sai APC!

430 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Rhyle(m): 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by chronique(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Sahara reporters? Naaah

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by darisgod(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Loooolz

D fear of Osinbajo is d beginning of CHANGE!!!!

193 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by TrishaP(f): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
It's funny tho what fear can do

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by adaweezy(m): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
I always hated oyedepo

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by temitemi1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Were u also behind d "close door" who d hell is osinbajo that GEJ will be scared of GEJ till 2019!!!

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
If Jonathan like he should go to the Pope for endorsement, it won't help his evil cause. The era of religious politics is over. Mr Oyedepo and co won't save his course. Nigerians have made up their mind to vote amiable Muhammadu Buhari. There is nothing any CAN, PFN, Witches and Wizard Union, Muslim Union or any sycophant group(s) can do about it. Politics is politics, religion is religion. Almighty God can never be mocked. Power belongs to God and he has given the masses the right to decide their leaders. Any pastor, imam, sheikh, dibia or whatever that feels he can manipulate his religious position for political goal will be embarrassed. Sai Buhari/Osinbajo 2015

280 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by projectnigeria: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
Go GOODLUCK !!!

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by LordCenturion(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
WHY GEJ DEY PANIC?,if u want GMB as our new president pls click like

750 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Otunbab: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Now listen to this. See who people want to re-vote for. GOD FORBID

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by lonelydora: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
How is Osibanjo the problem? Fear of Osibanjo is the beginning of wisdom change.

barcanista:
If Jonathan like he should go to the Pope for endorsement, it won't help his evil cause. The era of religious politics is over. Mr Oyedepo and co won't save his course. Nigerians have made up their mind to vote amiable Muhammadu Buhari. There is nothing any CAN, PFN, Witches and Wizard Union, Muslim Union or any sycophant group(s) can do about it. Politics is politics, religion is religion. Almighty God can never be mocked. Power belongs to God and he has given the masses the right to decide their leaders. Any pastor, imam, sheikh, dibia or whatever that feels he can manipulate his religious position for political goal will be embarrassed. Sai Buhari/Osinbajo 2015
Take another bottle for my head.

112 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Sibrah: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Really then who isn't? Buhari?
Sahara reporter should be sure of themselves oh . . .

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by overlord29(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
cool [size=15pt]CHANJI DOLE NE[/size]

[size=20pt] CHANJIN NAIRA GOMA(N10) KAWAI?!...KA NA HAWKA NE?! [/size]

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by ichidodo: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
APC media propaganda Sahara are at it again, if not they would regale Nigerians how it is they were behind close door with GEJ or how is it a puppet like Osinbajo became GEJ's and Nigeria's problem or how is even it that they are tryna taint GEJ with tribalistic and Religious tar brush all for the glory of, ironically, a bigotic buhari, his sacrifical goat Osinbajo and master of ceremony thiiefnubu..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by alaladakosta(f): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lol
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by lurther: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
saharareporters and their kind of journalism is very scary.

How can osibanjo be GEJ's problem? Of all the heavy weights that can sway votes massively to APC, it is osibanjo that would make GEJ scared.
What then happens to the likes of tinubu, amaechi, kwankwanso and even buhari with all his northern massive followers.

I understand saharareporters want to continue their role of blackmailing and stiring disaffection amongst christains with this kind of news.

Is saharareporters trying to tell us that, all the muslims vote is now locked down for Buhari, why the main battle is the christain votes?

If all the muslim votes is locked down for Buhari, who then are the religious bigot?

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by waternogeteneny: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
This is simply a case of Gen Buhari religious bigotry gone a step too far.

Call for imposition of Sharia all across the country, even in the mainly Christian south.

Gen Buhari categorically stated that;"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria, " Buhari said, "God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country," Buhari said.

"Buhari calls for Sharia in all states, was defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.

Buhari Politics of Religion an affront to the sensibility of Christians

The comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith. This was criticised by the press as a call for voting along religious lines

Buhari categorically said; "It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly ... and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear," he said.

"What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law," he went on. - AFP

Buhari recourse to political pastors at the eleventh hour an act of political desperation or ridicule of the Christian faith

In December 17, 2014 APC announces Pastor Yemi Osinbajo as Gen. Buhari's running mate. A Pastor at Olive Tree House of Prayer for All Nations, Banana Island, a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. APC not satisfied with this appointment then created a fake twitter @RCCGWorldwide account of RCCG to announce the endorsement of Pastor Yemi by the General Oversea of RCCG Pastor Adeboye.

This move prompted Pastor Adeboye through his verified Facebook page to disowned the Twitter handle and condemns yet another desperate scheme by the APC.

In the Facebook post, Pastor Adeboye said; “On behalf of The Governing Council of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, we would like to inform the public that RCCG is not affiliated nor represented by @rccgworldwide. The church’s official twitter page is @rccghq. The church cherishes the right of all citizens to participate in the democratic process to vote."

We have no doubts that the APC is a Party that attempts to use and parade Pastors as VP candidates to divide or mislead the innocent sheep and Nigerians with cherished Conservative or Liberal views and clear the known perception of Bigotry hanging over the head of its candidate and one time dictactor, General Buhari.

Other statements from the Church's AUTHENTIC twitter Handle Include:@rccghq: “RCCG is not affiliated nor represented by @rccgworldwide.
“The church’s official twitter page is @rccghq.”In no fewer than four other tweets, the church equally faulted the endorsement of Osinbajo by the creators of @rccgworldwide.One of the tweets by the Pastors reads: “RCCG has not celebrated anybody for any position in the forthcoming elections! The #OfficialRCCG handle is @rccghq. Do not be misled.” Another reads: “We are a mission and we do not meddle into politics #RCCG #OfficialRCCG @RCCGworldwide is wrong.”Another said: “#OfficialRCCG – @rccghq We do not denounce neither do we endorse candidacies for elections. We are not a political party.

APC Political Pastor Ejike Mbaka and the church drama

In gospel of Mark 12:17 Jesus Christ himself said; "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." and in John 2:16 Jesus Christ said "Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father's house into a marketplace."

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by tombig: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell, you're afraid of going to jail and the embarrassment you'll face after vacating Aso Rock.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by ayukdaboss(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Osinbanjo is truly a problem to Goofluck and PDP as a whole...Long live Jagaban for that wonderful and tactful maneuver from the "Islamic Propaganda PDP was using with reckless abandon". Funny enough while TANoids over here deceive themselves posting "GEJ till 2019" at every given opportunity and forcing themselves into thinking that all is set for GEJ's reelection, their OGas at the top know what's going to play out at the polls next month and are already preparing for their handover. TANoids, you better get real now or get taken unawares. grin

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by holatin(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Buhari - formidable general
osinbajo- the powerful David

both joined together and formed

A WATERLOO FOR JONATHAN

BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT
buhari for change

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
If it was secret how did u guys know??

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Funniez: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
He is indeed a big problem, but dont worry, when u finally get to Otuoke on may 29th, he and d general wuld send u to Kirikiri to spend d rest of ur miserable life there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by izenco2005(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
Plz who be Osinbajo?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
At that pre-meeting, some Pentecostal pastors suggested that they use the opportunity of the meeting afforded by the President to express their genuine fears on growing insecurity in the North with Boko Haram killing and attacking Christians and other innocent Nigerians.

But Bishop David Oyedepo, the most influential pastor at the meeting interrupted the idea, insisting that the meeting was to encourage and strengthen President Jonathan ahead of the elections and not to discuss compelling national issues of concern to majority of Nigerians

Oyedepo is treading dangerous ground. I hope its God who is revealing all these to him

The welfare of Nigeria under Jonathan is inconsequential to him, rather its Jonathans reelection thats more important

Thats all I have to say

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by amakufrancis(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by celeron40(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
I've always known Oyedepo is a certified crook...The man is so thuggerish and greedy..Its so sad many Nigerians continue to blindly follow his ungodly teachings of wealth and fame. Right now, all Christians should just focus on the bible itself..The country is now filled with all sorts of Pastors..what business do Pastors have lobbying political office holders?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
He doesn't really mean osinbajo.

He means tinubu.

Tinubu is seeking to be another political giant as obasanjo, hence his imposal of a soon-to-be president, if buhari kicks the bucket.... Same game obj played on Nigerians with umaru musa yar'adua.

Obasanjo doesn't want an assistant, he knows that osinbajo may be the future, the future he cannot dictate, and that scares the shit outta him.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting by Youngzedd(m): 4:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
Isaiah 54:15

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Na so GEJ and co will scatter yakataa for ground.

acidtalk:
JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS :

* In 2008 when Obasanjo picked you to be Yaradua's running mate who were the people that first kicked against your candidacy?

The Ijaws did. Their reason was that the 2 years as governor in Bayelsa you did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Till date, your erra is still termed the worst in Bayelsa.

* Why did Obasanjo find it difficult to sell you to his allies and PDP as Yaradua's running mate?

You Jonathan had a case with EFCC has documents proved you embezzled N9,000,000,000 (NINE BILLION NAIRA) while your wife Patience laundered $4,000,000 (FOUR MILLION DOLLARS) all these within two years.

* Ebele, who was your biggest opposition in becoming Yaradua's running mate?

The answer is EDWIN CLARK. The man who today is your mouth piece and who is pretending loves you the most.

* Azikiwe, amongst other tricks, what did you do to gather public sympathy?

You Mr Deceitful sent people to blow up part of your house in Bayelsa to make it look like it was your political opponents. The SSS released a report which you guys later hid to debunk your dubious claim.

* Jonathan, when Yaradua made you to be in charge of negotiations with the Niger Delta Militants, who were those who objected and what was their reasons?

Asari, Tompolo, and Boyloaf. Their reason being that you are not sincere in the Niger Delta course but only after your pocket.

SHOULD I GO ON?

* What was your agreement with PDP regarding a 2nd term.

You promised and even swore you will go for a SINGLE TERM

*Why did you jail James Ibori and forced Aoandoka to go underground?

To revenge their utmost loyalty to the late Yaradua

* Did you fulfill your agreement to Tinubu and others even when they had to betray their party at that last minute in order to canvass for you.

ABSOLUTELY NO.

* How did you try to mock and tarnish Obasanjo?

You didn't only remove all his loyalist from your government, you also made sure you made his enemies your closest allies. You don't need me to start calling names right?

* Who is Jonathan's BIGGEEST Northern Ally?

Alli Modu Sherrif. The CHIEF SPONSOR OF BOKO HARAM.

AWAY FROM POLITICS.

* You promised Nigerians incentives in order to remove subsidy. Things like stable power, metro buses (in Lagos and Abuja), full road rehabilitation etc.

MR LIAR WHERE ARE THEY.

* Obasanjo's government brought GSM amongst other things, Yaradua's short time in government brought RULE OF LAW. Jonathan what has yours brought?

NOTHING EXCEPT INCREASE IN CORRUPTION.

* Never in the history of Nigeria has all institutions witnessed as much strike as yours.

*Jonathan WHERE ARE THE CHIBOK GIRLS.

* Jonathan what in Heaven's name do you need FIVE presidential jet for even with the high rate of poverty in the land.

* Ebele, the ONLY Nigerian president that tried all means to DIVIDE Nigeria along Religion and Ethnic line.

* The ONLY AFRICAN PRESIDENT THAT OPENLY CELEBRATES CRIMINALS AND EX CONVICTS. Kashamu, Alameisia (or whatever), Bode George.

* Jonathan will rather gallivant with Nollywood stars than have a session with those brains who are truly making Nigerians proud both Home and Abroad. Or better Still, compose a comforting message to the people of North East.

Nigeria as at today HAS NO GOVERNMENT.

We provide our water - borehole.
We provide our light - generator/ inverter
We provide our security - high fence/ cctv
We provide our education - private school.
We produce fuel yet pay the most in the world.
We have no motorable federal road.

A BIG SHAME NIGERIA HAS NO NATIONAL CARRIER.

HIGH Uneployment in the land.

High rate of Corruption (the CLOWN wants to curb corruption with technology).

JONATHAN YOU ARE A FAILURE!!! Even if WE give you 10 terms ( 40 YEARS). YOU WILL STILL NOT TAKE US TO THE PROMISE LAND.

74 Likes 11 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Adeniyi Akintola Steps Down: I'm Sad & I Feel Cheated, But I'll Listen To Tinubu / Bala Mohammed: Empty COVID19 Palliatives Warehouse In Bauchi Opened For Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.