Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview (43836 Views)

Lady Walks Unclad On Stage At 3 Thrones Concert In Lagos [PICS+VIDEO] / Omawumi Blast Host, Flares Up & Walks Out Of Interview- Exclusive To Hftv Africa / Woman Steals Flat Screen TV, Puts It Between Her Legs And Walks Away (see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

How many accounts do you own? This appears to be your third account, how many times have you worked around a ban? I've already explained myself earlier. You do know you've broken rule 19, at least on two separate occasions? Your posts had already been unmarked by the way. I understand the English language can be rather pedantic, but Chuka is Nigerian by descent not birth. Legalese has a funny way of shaping words. Legally speaking, at birth he was a British citizen with Nigerian & Irish ancestry. He was British-born & born to British citizens, who also held dual-citizenship of other countries.

His dad wasn't even British when he was born. He was a labourer doing odd jobs - and he got someone pregnant. They weren't even married then. So, how did he get his British citizenship?

Also, based on your logic you actually think Chuka is English - yes or no? grin

You need to upgrade your understanding of the English language. Being Nigerian is just based on being born in Nigeria. Once one of your parents is Nigerian, you're also automatically Nigerian. And in the British context - that's your identity. You're British and whatever else you feel like adding to it. Be it Black African (Caribbean), or Nigerian. As a black person, you can't be English, Scottish, or Welsh. Yes, for political correctness - you can claim it on the surface. However, beneath that - you're who you're.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

UPDATE: As usual SirShymex, you avoided the simplest of statements in your haste to be clever - You can be English-born/British-born and still not be a British citizen, you were simply born in Britain.

Nah, all your points are basically irrelevant. You just keep going on a tangent - by expanding simple logic with inconsequential retorts.

Nigerian = in the British context is an identity you acquire by birth.

Born = Birth.

Nigerian-born = self-explanatory.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

His dad wasn't even British when he was born. He was a labourer doing odd jobs - and he got someone pregnant. They weren't even married then. So, how did he get his British citizenship?

Also, based on your logic you actually think Chuka is English - yes or no? grin

You need to upgrade your understanding of the English language. Being Nigerian is just based on being born in Nigeria. Once one of your parents is Nigerian, you're also automatically Nigerian. And in the British context - that's your identity. You're British and whatever else you feel like adding to it. Be it Black African (Caribbean), or Nigerian. As a black person, you can't be English, Scottish, or Welsh. Yes, for political correctness - you can claim it on the surface. However, beneath that - you're who you're.

**Sighs** my dear boy, isn't 1978 before 1983? Meaning he was automatically a British citizen, because he was born in Britain before 1983. Nigeria operates a very liberal & generous 'by descent' citizenship, he is a Nigerian citizen because his father was one. I never stated he wasn't a Nigerian citizen (I'm assuming Chuka has claimed his), I simply stated and will continue to state that he is not Nigerian-born, just as you aren't Nigerian-born, because neither of you were born in Nigeria. You're both Nigerians because you were born to at least one Nigerian parent and claimed your citizenship through said parent(s).

I personally would classify him as British, but he classifies himself as English. You said it yourself, technically it's true on the surface, but of course the general public won't see it as such.

You chose to wrap it up in a rather complicated web, because you simply didn't understand the use of born as a suffix when paired with a noun.

Update: Note that native to is used as one being indigenous to the land. eg like the Aboriginals are to Australia and the Native Americans were to America. Apparently, you should have taken the time to step up your understanding of the English language.

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

**Sighs** my dear boy, isn't 1978 before 1983? Meaning he was automatically a British citizen, because he was born in Britain before 1983. Nigeria operates a very liberal & generous 'by descent' citizenship, he is a Nigerian citizen because his father was one. I never stated he wasn't a Nigerian citizen (I'm assuming Chuka has claimed his), I simply stated and will continue to state that he is not Nigerian-born, just as you aren't Nigerian-born, because neither of you were born in Nigeria. You're both Nigerians because you were born to at least one Nigerian parent and claimed your citizenship through said parent(s).

I personally would classify him as British, but he classifies himself as English. You said it yourself, technically it's true on the surface, but of course the general public won't see it as such.

You chose to wrap it up in a rather complicated web, because you simply didn't understand the use of born as a suffix when paired with a noun.

You're like a gift that keeps on giving.

Let me ask you a few questions(please, I want direct answers not epistles - cos your retorts are hysterical and everyone is having teary eyes right now lol):

- Is "Nigerian" the same thing as "Nigeria" - Yes or no? And please define both words.

- Is Chuka qualified to be Nigerian, by virtue of being born to a Nigerian dad in England, even if he doesn't care about the country?

- Let's take the British nationality out of it for now. Under what identity would you classify Chuka - English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, or Black African (Nigerian)?

I need direct/straight-forward answers. cool
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 5:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

You're like a gift that keeps on giving.

Let me ask you a few questions(please, I want direct answers not epistles - cos your retorts are hysterical and everyone is having teary eyes right now lol):

- Is "Nigerian" the same thing as "Nigeria" - Yes or no? And please define both words.

- Is Chuka qualified to be Nigerian, by virtue of being born to a Nigerian dad in England, even if he doesn't care about the country?

- Let's take the British nationality out of it for now. Under what identity would you classify Chuka - English, Irish, Welsh, Scottish, or Black African (Nigerian)?

I need direct/straight-forward answers. cool
My dear boy, look at the definition above your comment.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Update: Note that native to is used as one being indigenous to the land. eg like the Aboriginals are to Australia and the Native Americans were to America. Apparently, you should have taken the time to step up your understanding of the English lannguage.

Why are you using "Wiktionary" that's basically a "Wikipedia" of lexicon? Academics don't do that.

Let's use the dictionary, can we?

Born

1. brought forth by birth.
2. possessing from birth the quality, circumstances, or character
3. native to the locale

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/born

^^^Now apply those definitions to the UK system. So, is Chuka native to England?
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

My dear boy, look at the definition above your comment.

Little girl, Wiktionary is for semi-illiterates.

Why can't you answer simple questions?
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
I'll patiently wait. Now, SirShymex onto the other matter, why do you have 3 NL accounts, the aforementioned one, ShyMX1 and shymexx?

I see my slow tapping has helped you acquire thefreedictionary.com's definition, in that same definition you gave did it not say this

4. Native to a particular country, region, or place. Often used in combination: Irish-born; Southern born and bred; Boston-born.
Just as I'm Lagos-born, for all intensive purposes, I'm a born and bred Lagosian, but since we Nigerians are heavily rooted by our tribe, I and everybody else will identify me as Igbo. Just like Chuka is identified as Igbo from his name and father by Nigerians.

Now onto your question, he is native to England, as much as you would hate to admit he is, he was born in England and grew up in England. Now, if he was born in England (as a British citizen) and left it at a very young age, and grew up somewhere else and claimed that country's citizenship, he would consider himself as whatever country he grew up in, since that's all he knew, I've noticed this with a lot of Australian actors. Now, if his children were born & bred in Australia, they would be Australian natives - yeah I know confusing, but legalese likes to be that way, his children would be entitled claim their father's British citizenship from their father as long as it wasn't renounced or revoked, but they would be seen as Australians first. Those kids are still Australian-born Australians, are they not? The father is still a British-born British Australian, is he not? You my dear boy, are still a British-born Nigerian/British, are you not?
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:
I'll patiently wait. Now, SirShymex onto the other matter, why do you have 3 NL accounts, the aforementioned one, ShyMX1 and shymexx?

I see my slow tapping has helped you acquire thefreedictionary.com's definition, in that same definition you gave did it not say this

Just as I'm Lagos-born, for all intensive purposes, I'm a born and bred Lagosian, but since we Nigerians are heavily rooted by our tribe, I and everybody else will identify me as Igbo. Just like Chuka is identified as Igbo from his name and father by Nigerians.

Now onto your question, he is native to England, as much as you would hate to admit he is, he was born in England and grew up in England. Now, if he was born in England (as a British citizen) and left it at a very young age, and grew up somewhere else and claimed that country's citizenship, he would consider himself as whatever country he grew up in, since that's all he knew, I've noticed this with a lot of Australian actors. Now, if his children were born & bred in Australia, they would be Australian natives - yeah I know confusing, but legalese likes to be that way, his children would be entitled claim their father's British citizenship from their father as long as it wasn't renounced or revoked, but they would be seen as Australians first. Those kids are still Australian-born Australians, are they not? The father is still a British-born British Australian, is he not? You my dear boy, are still a British-born Nigerian/British, are you not?

My dear girl, so he's native to England? And what made him native to the UK? - bwahahahahaha. Also, can he trace his paternal genealogy in England?

Anyway, can you put "Irish-born"; "Southern born and bred"; "Boston-born" in context, rather than just citing words?

The political correctness that has gotten into people's head, especially with the Muslims, is the same reason why far-right groups keep multiplying everyday. You lot are pushing for racial tension. grin And hopefully when it kicks off, like it was about to happen during the London riots, most of you opportunists won't run away.

Anyway, I can't fault your ignorance cos you were born and raised in Nigeria, and more of an opportunist, in the post-Blair Great Britain. However, that's something most folks who were raised in the UK in the 70s, 80s, and 90s know not to dabble into. And you're educated at home (by your parents), and in School about who you're. If you're second generation, you're not native to any part of the UK - even those who're 4th generation don't claim it. They're prefer being just Black British.

Australia isn't the UK - that's a different country entirely, with immigrants and aborigines. I honestly don't understand the correlation between Australia and the UK, to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

My dear girl, so he's native to England? And what made him native to the UK? - bwahahahahaha. Also, can he trace his paternal genealogy in England?

Anyway, can you put "Irish-born"; "Southern born and bred"; "Boston-born" in context, rather than just citing words?

The political correctness that has gotten into people's head, especially with the Muslims, is the same reason why far-right groups keep multiplying everyday. You lot are pushing for racial tension. grin And hopefully when it kicks off, like it was about to happen during the London riots, most of you opportunists won't run away.

Anyway, I can't fault your ignorance cos you were born and raised in Nigeria, and more of an opportunist, in the post-Blair Great Britain. However, that's something most folks who were raised in the UK in the 70s, 80s, and 90s know not to dabble into. And you're educated at home (by your parents), and in School about who you're. If you're second generation, you're not native to any part of the UK - even those who're 4th generation don't claim it. They're prefer being just Black British.

Australia isn't the UK - that's a different country entirely, with immigrants and aborigines. I honestly don't understand the correlation between Australia and the UK, to be honest.
Welcome back my dear boy, now I'm an opportunist, no wonder you've been banned at one point or another in all your 3 accounts. Hey kiddo, he is native to England, just like Obama is native to America. I do know well about the policies of the post-Blair regime, because I've been living with it and have applied within it. Chuka was born pre-Blair in 1978, where those policies were more lenient. And by those policies, he is a native to England. You folks are still both British-born because you were born in Britain. No matter how much you want to go on about, you both still are.

Now, you claim I'm pushing racial tensions, because I'm simply defining being Nigerian-born means you're born in Nigeria? Kiddo, you really need to stop making a mountain out of an anthill.

You still haven't answered the other question, why do you have 3 accounts on NL?
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
As for the Australia bit I was simply explaining an example, how someone who was born as a British citizen, but moved to Australia and then became an Austrailain citizen, how his children, who were born and raised in Australia, would be considered first as Australian citizens, and how they would be entitled to claim their father's British citizenship as long as their father did not have his British citizenship revoked or renounced.
I never said Australia was part of the UK.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Welcome back my dear boy, now I'm an opportunist, no wonder you've been banned at one point or another in all your 3 accounts. Hey kiddo, he is native to England, just like Obama is native to America. I do know well about the policies of the post-Blair regime, because I've been living with it and have applied within it. Chuka was born pre-Blair in 1978, where those policies were more lenient. And by those policies, he is a native to England. You folks are still both British-born because you were born in Britain. No matter how much you want to go on about, you both still are.

Now, you claim I'm pushing racial tensions, because I'm simply defining being Nigerian-born means you're born in Nigeria? Kiddo, you really need to stop making a mountain out of an anthill.

You still haven't answered the other question, why do you have 3 accounts on NL?

Little sket, listen,I'm not on ya level. So watch your mouth before I lose my darn mind. You can ask around...that's basically the reason why I used to get banned a lot. Hence the three handles. If you lack home-training, don't bring that "kiddo" talks to my mention - be civil, else you'll end up crying by the time I'm done with you.

You basically keep regurgitating the same illiterate-talks without basic understanding of anything, in context. Have you got reading and comprehension skills? And what's ya level of education? You went from a ridiculous summation cos you couldn't differentiate between "Nigeria" and Nigerian"; to citing "wiktionary" for lexicon (lol); to saying a black African is native to England; and now to showing lack of understanding on what I posited in context about post-Blair era. You're a gift that keeps on giving - and you might need to head back to elementary sch. after the tutoring cos both your comprehension skills and understanding of the English language are below average.

1). I cited post-Blair era in relation to racial tension, due to the policies his government pushed about post-racial UK. Before Tony Blair, things were far worse for minorities than they're right now. Learn how to read.

2). So, the UK is America, no? And is Obama native to America?
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:
As for the Australia bit I was simply explaining an example, how someone who was born as a British citizen, but moved to Australia and then became an Austrailain citizen, how his children, who were born and raised in Australia, would be considered first as Australian citizens, and how they would be entitled to claim their father's British citizenship as long as their father did not have his British citizenship revoked or renounced.
I never said Australia was part of the UK.

Can you stay in one place?

You keep jumping from one place to the other, dragging all kinds of ridiculous examples into it. Have you got a brain? grin
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 7:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

Little sket, listen,I'm not on ya level. So watch your mouth before I lose my darn mind. You can ask around...that's basically the reason why I used to get banned a lot. Hence the three handles. If you lack home-training, don't bring that "kiddo" talks to my mention - be civil, else you'll end up crying by the time I'm done with you.

You basically keep regurgitating the same illiterate-talks without basic understanding of anything, in context. Have you got reading and comprehension skills? And what's ya level of education? You went from a ridiculous summation cos you couldn't differentiate between "Nigeria" and Nigerian"; to citing "wiktionary" for lexicon (lol); to saying a black African is native to England; and now to showing lack of understanding on what I posited in context about post-Blair era. You're a gift that keeps on giving - and you might need to head back to elementary sch. after the tutoring cos both your comprehension skills and understanding of the English language are below average.

1). I cited post-Blair era in relation to racial tension, due to the policies his government pushed about post-racial UK. Before Tony Blair, things were far worse for minorities than they're right now. Learn how to read.

2). So, the UK is America, no? And is Obama native to America?
Now, I'm a sket. Oh my, you truly are a Londoner kiddo. You do know rule 19 does actually state you shouldn't work around a ban by creating another account. Now, you said that 'you lot are pushing for racial tension.' You using 'you lot' would imply that I'm part of said lot. Thanks to the new naturalisation laws (from 2013 onwards), I actually had to prove my knowledge of the English language and apparently I've been deemed sufficient, since I passed the CPE exam - go me! **celebrates**

Analogies seem to fly over your head, I give a similar example, you go is that country in the UK and is that person a native? Obama is an American citizen and native. He was born to an American mother and a Kenyan father in America, he grew up in Hawaii, he's of Kenyan descent because his father is Kenyan. To be an American president, you must be an American citizen AND be born in America (AKA native).
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Now, I'm a sket. Oh my, you truly are a Londoner kiddo. You do know rule 19 does actually state you shouldn't work around a ban by creating another account. Now, you said that 'you lot are pushing for racial tension.' You using 'you lot' would imply that I'm part of said lot. Thanks to the new naturalisation laws (from 2013 onwards), I actually had to prove my knowledge of the English language and apparently I've been deemed sufficient, since I passed the CPE exam - go me! **celebrates**

Analogies seem to fly over your head, I give a similar example, you go is that country in the UK and is that person a native? Obama is an American citizen and native. He was born to an American mother and a Kenyan father in America, he grew up in Hawaii, he's of Kenyan descent because his father is Kenyan. To be an American president, you must be an American citizen AND be born in America (AKA native).

Err, now you just doubled up as a little sket and repulsive minger. Coupled with that fact that you're stuck in the country(side), so your ignorance isn't shocking. I don't care about no rules and I break all rules, cyberspace is a free-world. And "you lot" means you blinkered opportunists who have no understanding of the country. Don't start what you can't finish!

The fact that you had to take the CPE for English proficiency shows that the English language isn't your first language. I guess that's why you have problems with discerning simple words, comprehension, and translation in context.

Also, to correlate being born in a place, with being a native of the place, just shows how ridiculously dumb you're. Like seriously, what's ya level of education? grin I just wasted my time in a circus argument with a vacuous stark illiterate - sad. I'm done with you.

Topic:

Chuka, keep the flag flying - we need more black oriented programmes in the black community. Please, bring back the youth centres cos folks are getting too idle these days. 2015 is like 2005 again - 10 people killed already this year due to black on black crime.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

Err, now you just doubled up as a little sket and repulsive minger. Coupled with that fact that you're stuck in the country(side), so your ignorance isn't shocking. I don't care about no rules and I break all rules, cyberspace is a free-world. And "you lot" means you blinkered opportunists who have no understanding of the country. Don't start what you can't finish!

The fact that you had to take the CPE for English proficiency shows that the English language isn't your first language. I guess that's why you have problems with discerning simple words, comprehension, and translation in context.

Also, to correlate being born in a place, with being a native of the place, just shows how ridiculously dumb you're. Like seriously, what's ya level of education? grin I just wasted my time in a circus argument with a vacuous stark illiterate - sad. I'm done with you.

Topic:

Chuka, keep the flag flying - we need more black oriented programmes in the black community. Please, bring back the youth centres cos folks are getting too idle these days. 2015 is like 2005 again - 10 people killed already this year due to black on black crime.

Clap for yourself at your obliviousness to your own silliness. Have a nice day.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by SenatorJames(m): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
I wont be surprise if i here that Balloteli does the same tomorrow. some people don't take shit as an excuse.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Clap for yourself at your obliviousness to your own silliness. Have a nice day.

Lmao! grin Obama is native American. And I discovered I'm English and native to England (via cao). I definitely need to check my genealogy to see if my ancestors were part of the English nobility. tongue

Anyway, can you cook? Who knows, I might be out there at the military base soon, for a project. So, what are you going to cook for the black English noble? grin
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Bruich76(f): 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
Australia Day 2015 events http://www.australiaday2015.com celebration and fireworks at Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and all places. Also find Australia Day 2015 honours and awards.

Source:http://www.australiaday2015.com

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by chic2pimp(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

Hopefully, when next I fill an application form, I'll ask them to put "black English" on there, and not "black African." grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Debie-Rise & Bassey, The 2 New Big Brother Naija Housemates / 10 Memorable Nigerian TV Characters Of The 80s & 90s / Popular Movies From The Past.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.