Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

How To Get Rid Of Stinky Feet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Stinky Feet (736 Views)

The Ugly [trend] Of Stinky Gutters In Lekki Residential Areas / 13 Natural Home Remedies On How To Get Rid Of Black Spots / How To Heal Cracked Feet Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Stinky Feet by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
Everybody hates stinky feet. It affects the whole personality of that person, who suffers from it. It is really an embarrassing problem, trust me I know. It is common with people that sweat a lot especially during summertime. Although, in itself sweat is odourless, but when acted upon by certain types of bacteria present on our skin, it creates a pungent smell that will embarrass you.

Ways To Get Rid Of Feet Odour

- Clean your feet

This may sound to you like a cliche but its not. Most of us take our bath generally without taking special care of our feet as we do to some part of our body. When you are having your bath, you should try and wash your feet separately using an anti-bacterial soap. Wash all the crevices well every time you have your bath as this will reduce the bacteria level on your feet.

- Dry out your feet
There is a reason I did not explain this with the bathing procedure. This is because I need to emphasize that it is a separate process. After finishing your bath and you have dried up yourself, find a place to sit and dry up your feet. Clean all the crevices till there is no moisture left. Bacteria grow in moist dark places and you will be creating this environment by yourself if you don’t dry up well.

- You can use your antiperspirant
Just like we normally do with our armpit, we need to start using antiperspirant on our feet. Do not apply it just before you go out because you will just be sliding into your shoes and this might be counter productive. Apply antiperspirant on clean dry feet about 30minutes before you go out as this will prevent you from sweating and consequently reduce foot odor.

- Soak in saltwater
Salt pulls moisture out of your skin, reducing the amount of bacteria that can survive there. In a tub or large bowl of warm water, dissolve 60g of salt. Soak your feet for 20 minutes. Do this every day for two weeks.

- You can also add vinegar and alcohol in water
Take ½ cup of vinegar and ½ cup of alcohol. Mix them together. Apply it on your feet. It will kill the bacteria, without harming or irritating your skin. You can also mix them in water and soak your feet for 20minutes.

- Apply talcum powder or baking soda to your feet
Take a small amount of baking soda or talcum powder on your palms and rub it on your feet. They will prevent the bacteria from mingling with your sweat; hence, your feet won’t smell stinky. Put some baking soda in your shoes or sneakers as well as in your socks toavoid the unpleasant odor from spreading.

Tips on Preventing stinky feet
- Always wear clean footwear
- Put your shoes in the sunlight. Sunlight will destroy the bacteria, present in the shoes.
- You should wash your feet twice a day.
- Apply regular moisturizer on your feet.
- Try to keep your feet dry as much as possible.
- Wear sandals or open shoes to allow your feet to breathe.
- Instead of polyester socks, wear cotton socks.
- Wash your socks in bleach.
- Do not take too much stress.
- Drink less alcohol.
- Use a good foot scrub.

Stay healthy!!

Re: How To Get Rid Of Stinky Feet by Armanice(m): 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice tips

sure it'll help pple
fp
Re: How To Get Rid Of Stinky Feet by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice post. You made me remember my homeboy. His leg can smell like no man's business. He sweats alot on his feet which i think is majorly responsible for his stinking feet. I must make him read this post.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Stinky Feet by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 22, 2015
I suffered the same thing too not until I came across this. It can be so embarrassing

(1) (Reply)

9 Benefits Of Castor Oil For Hair! / What Are The Causes And Solutions For A Delayed Or No Ejaculation During Sex? / Shocking: Skin Bleaching Enters Another Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.