Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,475 members, 7,808,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA (34690 Views)

Yakubu Dogara "Jonathan's Choices Caused Nigeria's Current Economic Realities" / FG Approves N86.50k As Petrol Pump Price / See What The Current Petrol/economic Condition In Nigeria Has Caused..hilarious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by beckleyhans: 4:51am On Jan 20, 2015
Pls ooo is america an oil produceng country. must nigeria be like other countries. And must be during election he remove 10 naria. Who ever wrote dis dis tin get brain damage

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:52am On Jan 20, 2015
MsNas:

Gas is even $1.69 in Arkansas.

Excellent.

That is one of the very few things that I missed from my time in DFW. Unbelievable low gas prices and hence why you can't spit without hitting a full size gas guzzling truck.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 20, 2015
beckleyhans:
Pls ooo is america an oil produceng country. must nigeria be like other countries. And must be during election he remove 10 naria. Who ever wrote dis dis tin get brain damage

Yes, we produce oil in the US.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by MsNas(f): 4:53am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

7.50 and $7 the difference is 50 cent abi? ok 7.50*8hours= $60
factor in the 50cents over 40 hours of work per week and you'll see it makes a difference.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

And your entire generation in the past and future.

and your entire lineage both past and future

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by MsNas(f): 4:55am On Jan 20, 2015
dguy4:
Op pls get ur facts right before you post anything, America is not an oil producing state, you just can't compare them with us when it comes to crude oil, u compare your stats. with an oil producing state.
The US produces more than enough oil. Maybe you're confused cos America isn't part of the OPEC states. OPEC means Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. America cannot be part of it because the oil it produces is not even enough for it's local consumption, they even need to import more. The state of California itself uses all the oil they produce (despite the high volume) and still need to Import more. Texas is the highest oil producing state in America.

The production here is more than 7.5million barrels per day. Which accounts for 12% of the world oil production

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 20, 2015
MsNas:

factor in the 50cents over 40 hours of work per week and you'll see it makes a difference.

so whats your point?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 20, 2015
Must anyone curse before making a point. Why cursing cursing. Doesn't reflect maturity and mannerism.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by macherie1: 4:57am On Jan 20, 2015
@op you cant make such comparism with simple arithmetic. While the dollar remains stable and strong, the Naira to dollar value continues to nosedive. Much more than arguing about how much should have been chipped off the price of fuel, we should be wise enough to know that this is a plot to steal votes. Should jonathan win the election, government will withdraw every penny on fuel subsidy as the oil reserve account is dwindling. Let us be wise and remain focused on voting for change.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Atmmachine(m): 4:58am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

in the US, it depend on the hour you work. if you work less, you might not even make up to $200 in a week. it depends on your willingness to work hard.
I work 10 hours a day @ the rate of $11 per hour. How much do i earn weekly ?? I know you don't live in America.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

you mean Gas station workers on minimum wage collect more that $50 a day?
Gas worker that working 8hrs par day get more than that.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by onatisi(m): 4:59am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

same reason i think buhari should win. not because he is the change we need, but because he need to teach some worthless Nigerians lessons.
believe me ,the second term tenure of gej will not be as nice as the first one. Gej will be a better president but this time around he will pursue his goverment economic policy with absolute ruthelessness, he will no longer be the gentle. Nigerians want action,then they are gonna get it in full dose .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

and your entire lineage both past and future

You just repeated what I already said, try to be original you odd toed semi upright droopy armed troglodyte. And somewhere your parents think they have a child out there not knowing the gave birth to something that should have better be aborted.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by sadlas(m): 5:00am On Jan 20, 2015
saxywale:
Minimum wage per month for a full time job in Nigeria=N18,000
Note: some people earn much less.

minimum wage in USA according to OP = $8/hr.
Full time job is circa 40hours/week.
40*8=320
There are 4 weeks in a normal calendar month.
320*4=$1,280

Let's use exchange rate of N175=$1
therefore, $1,280*175= N224,000/month.

Minimum wage / month in Nigeria= N18,000
Minimum wage / month in USA = N224,000
God bless u

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by nagoma(m): 5:01am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of gasoline(PMS or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.
Meanwhile, in Nigeria, after taking into consideration, landing costs and other expenses, it is N85/ltr for the same litre of gasoline yet people are ignorantly ranting on social media and elsewhere. Between Nigeria and the US, which is better? What has happened to some present day youths in my dear country, Nigeria‎? Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan has indeed shown that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.‎

If indeed he has the interest of Nigerians AT HEART he has not translated any of it on the ground for the last six years. All we in Nigeria see is massive corruption , lawlessness, insecurity , massive deterioration in services - health ,education , electricity supply, divisive governance and cluelessness and incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by bameyi(m): 5:04am On Jan 20, 2015
dre11:
Op

What's the minimum wage in America
At least we need to balance that tooo

Minimum wage is $7.75 in Oklahoma
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by otokx(m): 5:04am On Jan 20, 2015
Looks like the OP has succumbed to superior reasoning. The price of petroleum products should have been reduced much further.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

You just repeated what I already said, try to be original you odd toed semi upright droopy armed troglodyte. And somewhere your parents think they have a child out there not knowing the gave birth to something that should have better be aborted.

with that sentence, you think you shouldn't be aborted?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by moyosore27384(m): 5:05am On Jan 20, 2015
dguy4:
Op pls get ur facts right before you post anything, America is not an oil producing state, you just can't compare them with us when it comes to crude oil, u compare your stats. with an oil producing state.
Yes at least b comparing Nigeria wit Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and odas dt only depend on dis PMS. d man don start b dt. rmemba I V NO SHOE.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by MadCow1: 5:06am On Jan 20, 2015
bishopclin:
I saw various posts on the social media, criticising federal government's reduction of gasoline(PMS or Petrol) pump price from N97 to N87. More worrisome is the fact that some of our youths join the bandwagon in the criticism.

I wonder why we have some youths of our country who can not make use of their brains to ponder on issues that would further enrich the country. Present day youths are being tossed around by the older ones and sometimes, by illiterates. ‎

Drivers paid an average of $2.2021 a gallon for regular gasoline at U.S. pumps of recent in the US (do some ‎confirmation) 1US gallon = 3.7854ltrs‎ ‎$2.2021 = N398.58 (@ exchange rate of N181/$) Therefore, 1gallon = N398.58 ÷ ‎3.7854ltrs = N105.29/ltr in the US

Meanwhile, in Nigeria, after taking into consideration, landing costs and other expenses, it is N85/ltr for the same litre of gasoline yet people are ignorantly ranting on social media and elsewhere. Between Nigeria and the US, which is better? What has happened to some present day youths in my dear country, Nigeria‎? Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan has indeed shown that he has the interest of Nigerians at heart.‎

U.S Oil cost more to actually produce than Nigerian Oil..

Canadian pump price is currently at 85Cents a liter.

The U.S exchange rate to the Naira is another factor.

Nigeria is like a Country that grows Cocoa and sells it to a foreign country for 45 Naira only to go and buy Chocolate from those we sold to for 50 Naira, buy Cocoa Butter Cream for 40 Naira, buy Milo for 30 Naira from the same country..

Fhuck Jonathan... All we want is Change, not 10 Naira change.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by adefund(m): 5:06am On Jan 20, 2015
@OP, I can see you are very ignorant to be comparing the PMS pump price IN US with that of Nigeria why because
1. The currency there is dollar compare to here Naira, so they will definitely buy in their own local currency
2. Nigeria is still a developing country while USA is a developed country
Conclusively, may be you are that type of guy that always buy things in dollars and begin to give it a Naira value, therefore to them there( US) its very cheap in that price, so pls dont just be a dude, i dont know why you guys dont like to be criticized
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by MadCow1: 5:06am On Jan 20, 2015
bameyi:

Minimum wage is $7.75 in Oklahoma

An Hour...

Be specific.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Atmmachine(m): 5:07am On Jan 20, 2015
Gas is $2.57 in Pennsylvania.
America is almost 500 years old while Nigeria is just 56.
Don't dare compare both.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 20, 2015
Ipledge:
Gas worker that working 8hrs par day get more than that.

not all man.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 20, 2015
donnypool:

with that sentence, you think you shouldn't be aborted?

I may have missed a letter - boo hoo - but you missed the road in life. You can't realize that perhaps because you came from a long line of complete and utter failures.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 20, 2015
Atmmachine:
Gas is $2.57 in Pennsylvania.
America is almost 500 years old while Nigeria is just 56.
Don't dare compare both.

You are a true Nigerian.

Only complete duffs will continue to compare a 3rd world country with USA. You can't even compare the GDP of most of her states to Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Atmmachine(m): 5:10am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

You're old enough for this shiit.
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by DaBullIT(m): 5:10am On Jan 20, 2015
nwanna89:
Minimum wage in USA is not 18,000 naira per month

Most reasonable reasoning , double twale thousand likes

Minimum wage ain't 18k.
US doesn't have the same economy as Nigeria
$2 can buy you lots of meaningful things as opposed to Nigeria
$2 per gallon aint a bad bargain one gallon is 4 litres.
Check the chart here

http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/

Fuel price has actually been reducing over the years in USA

I bought fuel yesterday and as I predicted in earlier post they claimed they still have old 97 naira fuel in their reservoir / tank.

So.in conclusion , I wouldn't celebrate that 10 naira change especially because personally I haven't bought it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by rebranded(m): 5:11am On Jan 20, 2015
Lol OP find out what the price of fuel is in like South Africa, India, Kenya those kind countries NOT USA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 20, 2015
Atmmachine:
I work 10 hours a day @ the rate of $11 per hour. How much do i earn weekly ?? I know you don't live in America.

i live in canada, but the working hours is suppose to be 40 hours per week and after its called overtime or are you a hustler?
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 20, 2015
CityNG:

I may have missed a letter - boo hoo - but you missed the road in life. You can't realize that perhaps because you came from a long line of complete and utter failures.

mature people don't use words like that. your parent must be proud of you. block head
Re: Nigeria's Current Petrol Pump Price Better Than That Of The USA by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Atmmachine:
You're old enough for this shiit.

Sorry but I don't read gibberish.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Speakership: Gbajabiamila Wins APC Primaries / We Will Shutdown Aso Rock If Obasanjo Is Touched - ADC / Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.