Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Should I Have Allowed Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Have Allowed Her? (24893 Views)

My Husband Did This When I Allowed His Female Friend Live With Us / I Think Cane Should Be Allowed In Schools To Keep Away This............. / Must We Bury People With Fanfare? , Rantings allowed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
I just read this, what do you guys think?

"My husband had called me that his friend who lives in Europe came back and will be spending the weekend with us before he goes to visit his family. My baby was 7 months old then.
I hurriedly prepared something for him. At
10PM that day, he arrived but with a young girl whom he introduced as his girlfriend. The girl just looked at me with this stern look that looks like "how can I be greeting this small girl? I'm older than her". I ignored her and served them food.

The attitude of the girl in my own home was just so annoying but I figured since she's gonna be here for a while, I might as well endure her.

The next morning, I was still in bed when I heard some noise in the kitchen. I went to check and behold a stranger preparing fried egg in my kitchen.

WTF!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. To make matters worse, she was so dressed indecently in my home. I summoned courage to ask what she was doing in my kitchen! She should hav e waited for the hostess (myself) to prepare whatever she will be eating. I got angry. Then she throw these words at me, 'I don't blame u. I blame Cassidy who refused we lodge in a
hotel'. Before I could say 'jack' she and my husband's friend packed their things and left the house.

This Brought a slight misunderstanding between my husband and I as my husband said I should have ignored her for his friend's sake. He also demanded I appologize to the girl and also his friend. I agreed to apologize to the friend but never his girlfriend. I got to understand that the girl is just his bedmate but to the girl, she thought she was the "everything". I made peace with my husband by apologizing to his friend.

If you were in my shoes, would you have kept quiet seeing a stranger in your kitchen? Even after she disrespected you? What would have been ur reaction? Did I do wrong by reacting?"
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Unionised(m): 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Women!

Una too get wahala.

So you couldn't endure a single day?

Now a momentary impatience, see you apologizing to everybody.

Very avoidable.

But no, you just had to bring yourself down.

SMH

18 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by soulglo: 12:13am On Jan 20, 2015
I personally cannot walk into anybody's kitchen and start tinkering around. Hopefully your husbands friend marries her and really enjoy her mannerlessness. Since right now he is endorsing her behavior

14 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 12:25am On Jan 20, 2015
Unionised:
Women!

Una too get wahala.

Very avoidable.

SMH

True. She should have talked to her husband about it. The girl was rude sha but for the friends sake she should have left the girl esp knowing the kind otu she married. That her hubby will prolly let his friend bang his wife just to keep their friendship going.
The husband na otu sha. He chose to bring his wife down just to please a LovePeddler? His friend elevated his babe and made sure no one makes her angry yet this man was ready to use his wife as a pawn to make his friend happy. some men sha. There are times you stick to your woman and try to make things work with your pal. His friend behaved like a child. What man will pack out of his friends house because 2 women had some small wahala? The husband and his friends are controlled by that girl. I am sure she gives both of them free yam.

25 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by crackhaus: 12:30am On Jan 20, 2015
That girl has got an evil spirit in her, no doubt.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by cococandy(f): 1:38am On Jan 20, 2015
*Her cooking in your kitchen is not really a big deal but that's for a person like me. I understand people are different so I think she should have been courteous enough to find out if it was ok by you.

*But when you saw her cooking, you should have just ignored her.

*Her response to you when you confronted her was totally out of line. So ungracious and nasty she is.
*I'm glad you didn't apologize to her.
Since you and your hubby and his friend are in harmony, there's nothing to worry about.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by 5minsmadness: 1:39am On Jan 20, 2015
imoleay0:
I just read this, what do you guys think?

"My husband had called me that his friend who lives in Europe came back and will be spending the weekend with us before he goes to visit his family. My baby was 7 months old then.
I hurriedly prepared something for him. At
10PM that day, he arrived but with a young girl whom he introduced as his girlfriend. The girl just looked at me with this stern look that looks like "how can I be greeting this small girl? I'm older than her". I ignored her and served them food.

The attitude of the girl in my own home was just so annoying but I figured since she's gonna be here for a while, I might as well endure her.

The next morning, I was still in bed when I heard some noise in the kitchen. I went to check and behold a stranger preparing fried egg in my kitchen.

WTF!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. To make matters worse, she was so dressed indecently in my home. I summoned courage to ask what she was doing in my kitchen! She should hav e waited for the hostess (myself) to prepare whatever she will be eating. I got angry. Then she throw these words at me, 'I don't blame u. I blame Cassidy who refused we lodge in a
hotel'. Before I could say 'jack' she and my husband's friend packed their things and left the house.

This Brought a slight misunderstanding between my husband and I as my husband said I should have ignored her for his friend's sake. He also demanded I appologize to the girl and also his friend. I agreed to apologize to the friend but never his girlfriend. I got to understand that the girl is just his bedmate but to the girl, she thought she was the "everything". I made peace with my husband by apologizing to his friend.

If you were in my shoes, would you have kept quiet seeing a stranger in your kitchen? Even after she disrespected you? What would have been ur reaction? Did I do wrong by reacting?"
Woman, your kitchen is your kingdom! And I mean this in a good way.
Apologise to her for what? If she is the one will she tolerate a total stranger entering her kitchen where all the food for the house is? Nonsense!
The girl be feeling fly that she's dating a big böy...eediot.

You did well jó.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 4:36am On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 5:50am On Jan 20, 2015
Firstly, my friend is not allowed to bring any woman he is intimate with into my matrimonial home, except his wife or fiancee.
Secondly, no one (friend, sibling, parent) has the temerity to come into my house and insult my wife.

OP, you did well not to apologize to the biatch. I wish you did not apologize to the guy. He should have respected himself from the jump by going to the hotel.

33 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Temibassie(f): 9:04am On Jan 20, 2015
ottizz:
Firstly, my friend is not be allowed to bring any woman he is intimate with into my matrimonial home, except his wife or fiancee.
Secondly, no one (friend, sibling, parent) has the temerity to come into my house and insult my wife.

OP, you did well not to apologize to the biatch. I wish you did not apologize to the guy. He should have respected himself from the jump by going to the hotel.
Thank you Sir!

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by veave(f): 9:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Oh my God! Kai, why didn't you invite me to give her a slap on your behalf. Why do some ladies behave like they were not born into a home. Who even gave her access to your kitchen? What was she looking for in that area. Apologize to her for what? You were supposed to demand an apology from them sef for inconveniencing and insulting you as well

Hmmmmn. Women dey see things in the name of marriage oh.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2015
veave:
Oh my God! Kai, why didn't you invite me to give her a slap on your behalf. Why do some ladies behave like they were not born into a home. Who even gave her access to your kitchen? What was she looking for in that area. Apologize to her for what? You were supposed to demand an apology from them sef for inconveniencing and insulting you as well

Hmmmmn. Women dey see things in the name of marriage oh.

No be small. Well, many men are like that. They like to prove mastership and show friends who is boss in their homes yet these friends they so desperately try to buy their respect are owned by wives and babes and will even not agree that their women were wrong if situation comes to it. I Should know, I have friends like that.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 20, 2015

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by mutter(f): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2015
For you to come here and ask this question you obviously are not comfortable with the situation.

The home belongs to both you and your husband.
The girl was there indirectly on the invitation of your husband.
If you respected your husbands friend you would not have abused the girl.
If you respected your husband enough, you would not have abused the friend by abusing the girl.

So now you see that mentioning you have a baby - interprets- He had the nerve to bring a girl into a decent house.
Mentioning she did not greet - means you expected her to show you respect.. Which is also okay.

But you could have acted matured. When two people come in together you greet them together. I just don`t understand how you greeted one and then there was this gap in time before greeting the other person to even look at her face. She might have seen the look on your face and reacted that way. Without knowing it your face might have betrayed you.

If she was preparing eggs, she just wanted to help by preparing food for everyone. It is very possible that the friend asked her to do so feeling he was close to your husband. Maybe they wanted to make up for the cold entrance the night before. However you were not patient enough to find out. The truth is that if you had hit it of with her the day before you would have thanked her for helping, even if you found it odd.

For you to insult her was absolutely wrong. You should have ignored it and played the friendly hostess. If you could not ignore, you should have spoken to your to your husband. It was his duty to clear the issue since they came to the house through him. Likewise should be the case if you bring someone to the home who does something that upsets him.

You got to understand the girl was just his bedmate but to the girl she was his everything

This is such a nasty comment!
This is clearly a girl that wants to get married. You now insult a fellow woman this way! Bringing us women down!
Anyway if she wants a serious relationship she needed to have been on her best behavior, but this tread is about you and not her.

Finally you made peace with your husband but that is not the end. Forgiven is not forgotten and one day he will remind you of this. Especially considering you did not apologize to the girl.
That apology to the girl is not because she did not deserve the insult. That apology is for insulting your husband`s guest.
If you were working in a hotel for a salary would you insult a rude guest!
Why then in your home that is more precious would you insult your husbands guest.

What happens when and if the man marries the girl?
That means the relationship between two friends would be strained because of the silly misunderstanding.
So my advice to you is to apologize the next time you see the girl. Invite them over for diner or find a way of arranging the meeting. Your husband will respect you the more for it.

You have opened the PANDORA`S BOX- Just wait and see what comes out of this reaction. Whenever you have visitors in the future you might find your husband a changed man .

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by pickabeau1: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2015
Kitchen issues are too minute to cause such a ruckus

What if he marries the girl

Even if you r in d right..you should have still let it go
It's only two days and now it puts u as someone who does not like visitors

Mutter has some good points

Take heed

4 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by YourCoffin: 10:53am On Jan 20, 2015
OP, you're a fraud! Fear God na. You culled this story from a fictional series I'm very conversant with and substituted the husband's brother with a friend. That's theft oO!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by kreamidiva(f): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2015
delishpot:

True. She should have talked to her husband about it. The girl was rude sha but for the friends sake she should have left the girl esp knowing the kind otu she married. That her hubby will prolly let his friend bang his wife just to keep their friendship going.
The husband na otu sha. He chose to bring his wife down just to please a LovePeddler? His friend elevated his babe and made sure no one makes her angry yet this man was ready to use his wife as a pawn to make his friend happy. some men sha. There are times you stick to your woman and try to make things work with your pal. His friend behaved like a child. What man will pack out of his friends house because 2 women had some small wahala? The husband and his friends are controlled by that girl. I am sure she gives both of them free yam.

Nne, gini bu "otu"?
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
kreamidiva:

Nne, gini bu "otu"?

grin. A mamu ya?
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
mutter:
For you to come here and ask this question you obviously are not comfortable with the situation.

The home belongs to both you and your husband.
The girl was there indirectly on the invitation of your husband.
If you respected your husbands friend you would not have abused the girl.
If you respected your husband enough, you would not have abused the friend by abusing the girl.

So now you see that mentioning you have a baby - interprets- He had the nerve to bring a girl into a decent house.
Mentioning she did not greet - means you expected her to show you respect.. Which is also okay.

But you could have acted matured. When two people come in together you greet them together. I just don`t understand how you greeted one and then there was this gap in time before greeting the other person to even look at her face. She might have seen the look on your face and reacted that way. Without knowing it your face might have betrayed you.

If she was preparing eggs, she just wanted to help by preparing food for everyone. It is very possible that the friend asked her to do so feeling he was close to your husband. Maybe they wanted to make up for the cold entrance the night before. However you were not patient enough to find out. The truth is that if you had hit it of with her the day before you would have thanked her for helping, even if you found it odd.

For you to insult her was absolutely wrong. You should have ignored it and played the friendly hostess. If you could not ignore, you should have spoken to your to your husband. It was his duty to clear the issue since they came to the house through him. Likewise should be the case if you bring someone to the home who does something that upsets him.

You got to understand the girl was just his bedmate but to the girl she was his everything

This is such a nasty comment!
This is clearly a girl that wants to get married. You now insult a fellow woman this way! Bringing us women down!
Anyway if she wants a serious relationship she needed to have been on her best behavior, but this tread is about you and not her.

Finally you made peace with your husband but that is not the end. Forgiven is not forgotten and one day he will remind you of this. Especially considering you did not apologize to the girl.
That apology to the girl is not because she did not deserve the insult. That apology is for insulting your husband`s guest.
If you were working in a hotel for a salary would you insult a rude guest!
Why then in your home that is more precious would you insult your husbands guest.

What happens when and if the man marries the girl?
That means the relationship between two friends would be strained because of the silly misunderstanding.
So my advice to you is to apologize the next time you see the girl. Invite them over for diner or find a way of arranging the meeting. Your husband will respect you the more for it.

You have opened the PANDORA`S BOX- Just wait and see what comes out of this reaction. Whenever you have visitors in the future you might find your husband a changed man .

Another one bites the dust. Here come another one that will stand by a friends LovePeddler rather than his wife.

All this grammar. what is bad is bad. That LovePeddler should have respected herself. No where in the world is that type of attitude condoned except in men like your type homes. Where their wives are treated as not important.
what type of men are we breeding in naija sef? Woman wrapper full every where these days.
She wanted to help by preping food for everyone ke? if she wanted to help, she should wash the toilet and clean the room she slept in and tidy up the living room ir baby sit the kid while madam made the food.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bennyrazz: 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
typing...
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by mutter(f): 1:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
delishpot:

Another one bites the dust. Here come another one that will stand by a friends LovePeddler rather than his wife.

All this grammar. what is bad is bad. That LovePeddler should have respected herself. No where in the world is that type of attitude condoned except in men like your type homes. Where their wives are treated as not important.
what type of men are we breeding in naija sef? Woman wrapper full every where these days.
She wanted to help by preping food for everyone ke? if she wanted to help, she should wash the toilet and clean the room she slept in and tidy up the living room ir baby sit the kid while madam made the food.

I am not a man cool
So all this trash you emptied here did not fall into my bin.

As a woman I strongly object to you calling that woman a Love peddler.
That is a young girl that was at the very worst deceived into believing she was in a serious relationship.
She was doing what most ladies and men do - having a relationship and hoping it would lead to marriage.
When I encourage women to have respect and be submissive, some women here cry out that I do not have regard for women, some even think I must be a man.
But I have so much regard for women that I respect them as women. I would never address a fellow woman as a LovePeddler.

Let me tell you something. Some very bad and useless girls out there have had the luck to be put in a mans house.
But believe you my there are so wonderful very decent girls out there that deserve it more than you and are much more respectable than you. That have a more decent relationship than your marriage.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Vyolet(f): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
It was good that you didn't apologise because she was just plain rude,but then you could avoid such trouble in the first place by letting her be,afteral,they would not stay with you forever.
You also have a lot to discuss with your husband who feels it's cool placing his friend above you.

The friend is also too immature to have moved out instantly. Nothing wrong in bringing both of you together and iron out the issue so you apologise to each other.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
Unionised:
Women!

Una too get wahala.

Very avoidable.

SMH

Abeg shift!

I am 100% sure you will not mind if your wife's friend came with her boyfriend who drives your car the next morning without your permission

Some guys always expect ladies to take shit as if women do not have blood flowing through their veins...

The wife has to search properly; there is something seriously wrong with her marriage and I will not be too surprised if it is hubby that is actually sleeping with the girl.

If they felt offended, it is the hubby that should apologize.

End time marriages undecided

Modified:

The lady is very ill mannered ( I am not concerned if she is a lovepeddler or wife of the friend)

Who just enters a host's kitchen and start cooking? If she was so helpful, why did she not clear the sink or sweep the rug or another obvious chore? She could not even ask 'what are we eating this morning', 'how can I be of help' or the best method... when the host goes into the kitchen, guest follows her and helps her. If the host doesn't let her do anything, she stays there to keep her company.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by bukatyne(f): 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
ottizz:
Firstly, my friend is not be allowed to bring any woman he is intimate with into my matrimonial home, except his wife or fiancee.

The husband obviously lacks respect for the wife himself

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
mutter:

I am not a man cool
So all this trash you emptied here did not fall into my bin.

As a woman I strongly object to you calling that woman a Love peddler.
That is a young girl that was at the very worst deceived into believing she was in a serious relationship.
She was doing what most ladies and men do - having a relationship and hoping it would lead to marriage.
When I encourage women to have respect and be submissive, some women here cry out that I do not have regard for women, some even think I must be a man.
But I have so much regard for women that I respect them as women. I would never address a fellow woman as a LovePeddler.

Let me tell you something. Some very bad and useless girls out there have had the luck to be put in a mans house.
But believe you my there are so wonderful very decent girls out there that deserve it more than you and are much more respectable than you. That have a more decent relationship than your marriage.

Comming from a woman sha? Its a shame a woman like you will support what that LovePeddler did.
She is evil and does not deserve any respect from the owner of the home. If she was a good girl as you claimed she would not have attacked the madam but just say I am sorry I was hungry and did not want to wake you up. Please dont be offended.and off the stove and leave the kitchen. The bobo will see his babe is not happy and will have a talk with his pal or she later have a talk with the woman of the house to clear the air. If the madam of the house is still taking it personal, then they can move out for sanity sake. That is how you know decsent girls and can tell them from the raz ones.
A good girl will lay low and try to befriend the wife of her mans friend so as to be able to ask her some questions the men will not reveal about their pals. That girl is a LovePeddler and should be treated as such.. She had no regard for her bf and sure had none for the wife of her bfs pal.
I suspect you are just like that girl. I suspect you have entered the kitchen of a benefactor and even taken over her soup pot in her own home. I blame the women wrapers that hang out with your kind of women.
Your type will not even let their husbands sister enter their kitchen and will surely not let their mother inlaws cross the dinning area when they come to visit yet you are quick to judge another woma who asked a simple question in her home and got rejection and enimity in return.
I hope you are not a cheap push over desperate to find a husband sha. Cos I cant believe a married woman will open her mouth to say what you just said. This is why women cant unite. One I better pass you will surely come and prove to be perfect woman. See how the men united? See hiw the bf of the LovePeddler stood by his woman? And was even expecting an appology from another mans wife to his side chick angry I pray you marry that type of man, that will use you to serve his friends And their babes. And if you are married( which I doubt) I pray your husband will change and become like that guy.

Na condition make crayfish bend sha. Dem suppose flog that 'husband" sef.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by kreamidiva(f): 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
delishpot:

grin. A mamu ya?

grin grin grin

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
If I can host you for a sleep over, I see no reason if you wake up in the middle of the night to fix yourself a quick meal . Infact, I will be angry if you woke me up .

as for you, seems you are one of those that the kitchen is the sanctuary.
Your guest couldn't have known better.

Next time , make your guest feel at home abeg. Life is too short to be dragging everything.

Because she was a girlfriend, you couldn't apologize to her undecided

Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
kreamidiva:

grin grin grin

Abegi, no spoil me. That smile get something under amu. Wetin dey your mind say Otu mean? Biko tell a brada.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by kreamidiva(f): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
delishpot:

Abegi, no spoil me. That smile get something under amu. Wetin dey your mind say Otu mean? Biko tell a brada.

Me?? I swear, I no know.
Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
Chillisauce:
If I can host you for a sleep over, I see no reason if you wake up in the middle of the night to fix yourself a quick meal . Infact, I will be angry if you woke me up .

as for you, seems you are one of those that the kitchen is the sanctuary.
Your guest couldn't have known better.

Next time , make your guest feel at home abeg. Life is too short to be dragging everything.

Because she was a girlfriend, you couldn't apologize to her undecided

Nigerians

Maybe the girlfriend could have appologized? If I come your end and use your thing thinking say we be padi, and you vex say you nor like. As a person who wants peace I will say sorry nor vex. I did not know. Not to start a fight with you. That is how a good guest should behave. The friend took it too far. He behaved like an ass. One thing I happy about the friend is that he stood by his woman. Even if she was not his wife. He stood by her but the hubby na otu. He should have settled with his friend and ignored the women. Wetin be all this sef? He will scatter his home ontop a side chick sha. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Allowed Her? by delishpot: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
kreamidiva:

Me?? I swear, I no know.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Name A Parenting Trait From Your Parents You Would Never Emulate / Mother's Day : Drop A Message For Your Mother / Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.