Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat (11550 Views)

How Quran Errors Are Explained Away / 8 Basic Errors Muslims Make When Paying Zakat Al-fitr / Don't Activate Your Ramadan Mode Yet But Your Salaat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Omoalhaja7: 11:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
Common Errors in Prayer That MUST Be Avoided:-

1. Reciting Surat al-Fatiha without pausing after  each verse.

The Prophet (SAW) used to pause after each verse of this surah. (Abu Dawood)

2. Sticking the arms to the sides of the body, in rukoo' or sujood, and sticking the belly to the thighs in sujood.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: "Let not one of you support himself on his forearms (in sujood ) like the dog.

Let him rest on his palms and keep his elbows away from his body." ( Sahih Muslim)  The Messenger of

Allah (SAW) used to keep his arms away from his body during rukoo' and sujood that the whiteness of his
armpits could be seen ( Sahih Muslim).

3. Gazing upward during prayer.

This may cause loss of concentration. We are commanded to lower our gaze, and look at the point at which the head rests during sujood.

The Prophet (SAW) warned: "Let those who raise their gaze up during prayer stop doing so, or else their sights would not return to them. [ i.e. Lose their eyesight]. " ( Muslim)

4. Resting only the tip of the head on the floor during sujood.

The Prophet (SAW) said: "I am commanded to prostrate on seven bones the forehead and the nose, the two hands [palms],the two knees, and the two feet." ( Sahih Muslim)  Applying the above command necessitates resting the
forehead and the nose on the ground during sujood.

5. Hasty performance of prayer which does not allow repose and calmness in rukoo' or sujood.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) saw a man who did not complete his rukoo' [bowing], and made a very short sujood [prostration] ; he (SAW) said: "If this man dies while praying in this manner, he would die upholding a religion other than the religion of Muhammad." Abu Hurairah (RA) said: "My beloved friend, Muhammad (SAW) forbade me to perform postures of prayer copying the picking of a rooster; (signifying fast performance of prayer), moving eyes around like a fox and the sitting like monkeys ( i.e. to sit on thighs)." (Imam Ahmad  &  at-Tayalisi)

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:? "The worst thief is the one who steals from his own prayer."? People asked,
'Messenger of Allah! How could onemessengerm his own prayer?' He (SAW) said: "By not completing its rukoo' and
sujood."(At- Tabarani & al-Hakim). 

To complete rukoo' is to stay in that posture long enough to recite 'subhana rabbiyal Adtheem' three times, SLOWLY, and' subhana rabbiyal-a'ala' three times, SLOWLY, in sujood.

He (SAW) also announced: "He who does not complete his rukoo' and sujood, his prayer is void." (Abu Dawood
& others)

6. Counting tasbeeh with the left hand

The Prophet (SAW) used to count tasbeeh on the fingers of his right hand after salah. lbn Qudamah (RA) said:? "The Messenger of Allah (SAW) used his right hand for tasbeeh." ( Abu Dawud) The above hadeeth indicates clearly that the Prophet (SAW) used only one hand for counting tasbeeh.?No Muslim with sound mind would imagine that the Prophet (SAW)?used his left hand for counting tasbeeh. Aa'ishah (RA) said that the Prophet (SAW)used his left hand only for Istinjaa', or  cleaning himself after responding to the call of nature.? He never used it for tasbeeh.
Yasirah (RA) reported:?The Prophet(SAW) commanded women to count tasbeeh on their fingers.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:?"They (the fingers) will be made to speak, and will be questioned (on the Day of
Resurrection. )" (At-Tirmithi)

The above hadeeth indicates that it is preferable to count tasbeeh on the fingers of the right hand than to do so on
masbahah (rosary) .

7. Crossing in front of a praying person.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) warned:? "Were the one who crosses in front of a praying person to know the consequences of doing so, he would have waited for *forty better than to cross in front of him." (Sahih Bukhari
and Muslim). *The forty in the tradition may be days months or even years.

Source:www.aulia-e-hind.com/islam.html

Please forward to many Muslims...so that they can know & correct their mistakes,inshallaah.

97 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by kemiola89(f): 6:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Very common! I'm kinda guilty of no 4, I do that mostly when it is a sandy ground.

3 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan. Will try and post something in Islamic section that will make front page too insha Allah.

9 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by kolomax(m): 2:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
nice post

2 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by bidx101: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
good lecture. may the Almighty Allah continue to increase our knowledge. Amin

3 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Eniqurl(f): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
ok.
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Positivist: 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
The most important is the recital of Suratul Fatihah. Omitting it invalidates salat. May Allah reward the op for sharing this.

7 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by SAHABAY(m): 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
May Allah reward you for did message... Amin...

2 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by ahmodu4real(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazakalahu kairan may God bless the OP we plenty we guilty on this, but may ALLAH help us.

3 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by iamakbar(m): 2:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
kemiola89:
Very common! I'm kinda guilty of no 4, I do that mostly when it is a sandy ground.
Try and perfect that ukti. Remember the solah is for your RABB and d sand can always be wiped off after d solah.
I pray ALLAH accepts our Ibadah.

8 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazak khum laha khairan

4 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Bimpe29: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
May Allah be pleased with you and your household for this priceless reminder. However, I want to be more convinced with the No 1!

2 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Bmbolaji: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazaakumullaahu khairan...

3 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by hammed007(m): 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
very educative thanks jazakullahu khairan

3 Likes

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by bash4us(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
May Allah (swt) accept our prayers. ameen
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by MaZterZ(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazak! smiley
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Ismahill(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
nyc one by wat abt pple using left hand as for tesbeeh usage.
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by SuPeRq(f): 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
JazakAllah khayran

1 Like

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by horlanreyfoward: 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
embarassedThe Alfas In the. Pls if sum1 commits qubli and bahdi in a sola what's the way. Out?or qubli 2tyms or bahdi two. Tyms in a solaat?
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Realone92(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thou u are not worthy to B thank , but sincerely I do appreciate your post ,
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by 1stola: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
NOTED.
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by omokoladele(m): 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
OP Thanks
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by dullassini(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
May Allah guide us n bless d OP. Tank u 4 sharing

1 Like

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 23, 2015
Thanks op!
Am always guilty of number 1.
I will start correct the mistake as from my next prayer in sha Allah.
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
May Allah reward you for did message.

Amin
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by lilbabyak(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
tnx op
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Kingharzyz(m): 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazak khum laha khairan

1 Like

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Isiterere(m): 3:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
...Guilty on some, will surely amend it.

Thanks op

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
JazakumahKhyran.

1 Like

Re: Commonest Errors Usually Made On Salaat by jidoex66(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Jazakallah khairan

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? / Death Of Jesus,evidence From The Quran. / "My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.