Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. (1726 Views)

Is Freelancing As A Software Programmer Possible? / How Long Did It Take You Guys To Become Strong Java Programmers / OAU Engineering Students Build 'HUMANE' A Software For The Visually-impaired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by micheal5772: 1:33am On Jan 20, 2015
I Am MICHAEL DGREAT..,
I'm a software programmer, in one of my programming, I build a program that generates numbers in sequence.., ,

So I set this program as a side project,.. I believe one day soonest Am gonna get the sequencial order which the network operators prints their recharge cards..... What I needed from anyone willing to help me is that I need a Used recharged cards printed in order or accordingly , of any network,..,
I wanna see If I will be able to get the formula via this used cards you guys are gonna help me find..... I write code all day.., I believe I Can do it....
like three or five cards printed in order.... (INDICATE THE NETWORK TYPE ONLY)

( overlook any misspelled words or Misused words)...
Thanks
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by Craigston: 4:27am On Jan 20, 2015
Where do you intend getting those. And I don't think network operators will print those cards in sequence: it'd be a big security breach. Then you won't need to buy again. Just get one @ N1,000 and follow the sequence. Since they're sold in pack to the retailers, it follows that every other voucher with the retailer becomes useless. They print it randomly, I think. The can reuse numbers. That's why there's a limit to validity on each of the cards. After that date, the program can regenerate that number for use again.
The hackers/crackers don't know what to go after. They should seek security loopholes in these network operators' systems. Now that's a big work, but it's worth doing. Airtel just reduced the value of their daily blackberry bundles without informing their customers: what a disservice. The unlimited bundle was slashed from 80MB to 40MB, and the rate they charge on data is exorbitant. That's unnecessary profiteering. So attack them.
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by codeaddict(m): 4:46am On Jan 20, 2015
grin grin THE GREAT!

2 Likes

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2015
grin grin THE GREAT!

2 Likes

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by fattbabakay(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2015
grin grin THE GREAT!

2 Likes

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by MrFlexible(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
lol,@ guys mocking the Dud's nick name...

well, @michael the great, wah u saying is valid. it is predictable, no matter how random a number maybe there is a pattern/algorithm from which it originates.

dudes working in some mobile network operators know some loop holes...but it is as u know very unethical.

so, you may keep on searching...av got no help to render in that regard. Thanks.
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by micheal5772: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2015
MrFlexible:
lol,@ guys mocking the Dud's nick name...

well, @michael the great, wah u saying is valid. it is predictable, no matter how random a number maybe there is a pattern/algorithm from which it originates.

dudes working in some mobile network operators know some loop holes...but it is as u know very unethical.

so, you may keep on searching...av got no help to render in that regard. Thanks.

Thanks So much Sir
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by micheal5772: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2015
Craigston:
Where do you intend getting those. And I don't think network operators will print those cards in sequence: it'd be a big security breach. Then you won't need to buy again. Just get one @ N1,000 and follow the sequence. Since they're sold in pack to the retailers, it follows that every other voucher with the retailer becomes useless. They print it randomly, I think. The can reuse numbers. That's why there's a limit to validity on each of the cards. After that date, the program can regenerate that number for use again.
The hackers/crackers don't know what to go after. They should seek security loopholes in these network operators' systems. Now that's a big work, but it's worth doing. Airtel just reduced the value of their daily blackberry bundles without informing their customers: what a disservice. The unlimited bundle was slashed from 80MB to 40MB, and the rate they charge on data is exorbitant. That's unnecessary profiteering. So attack them.
YES O
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by trytillmake(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
AFRICA
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 6:13am On Jan 23, 2015
Good luck with getting the algorithm you so much seek after. I tried my own ways too back then but they all just didn't pan out right. You'll outgrow it when you start getting contracts to execute but for now, keep looking to quench that thirst and if you eventually do, pm me grin
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by Dameety: 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
What's the purpose of this? Project eular is available for u to test your skills, use it or innovate on an already existing idea.
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by kanirip: 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
My dear great,

Sorry to dissapoint you but you are wasting your time. You will not crack the PIN of those recharge cards. You could potentially get 1 password hit but to get the PIN generation process is simply you wasting your time.

I used to work as an R&D Engineer in 1 of the Telecom Software Vendor that sells the software which generates the PINS for the Telco Operators and I understand a fair bit about the internals of these systems.

The algorithm that generates the PINs are actually quite popular.. A combination of MD5 and pseudo-random Number generation.

Typically this would not be very hard to cause a collision( if you had a super-computer and excellent programming skills, both which I doubt you have), but the telecom network tend to be strong on Network Security and the Software Systems tend to ensure that certain measures( locking you out after 3 failed attempts etc) to ensure that a sheer Brute force attack is simply not feasible.

You can keep trying but I am quite certain that you would be wasting your time.

My apologies

2 Likes

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by WhiZTiM(m): 2:59am On Jan 24, 2015
^^^above poster is right.

Nobody in his right sense would generate business-critical public pins/codes without a measure of cryptography

The first line of defense is your key generation. It involves measurable PRNG(Pseudo-Random Number Generator) passes.
There is a whole lot of Ph.D skills required.

This diminishes the likelihood of ever reverse- engineering generated keys to reproduce the generator(s).

The second is to frustrate anyone from doing it. ...limited phone lines... Limited tries.
Even if you have 10,000 lines, 3 tries each = 30,000 tries wouldn't be enough sample space.

Secondly, our PCs aren't suitable for Cracking.
Even a 64GB RAM, Octacore CPU can't even do much in cracking high bit cryptos...

Now, that's one good use of a Super Computer! .... Every country could use one as a defense and cracking machine. They are so powerful enough to break commercial grade cryptographic setup within minutes.

I hope I made little sense....

3 Likes

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by MrFlexible(m): 11:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
dudes, no matter how strong a security or firewall may be, hackers look out for loop holes.. Come on, even street boys do lots hacking on these mobile operators servers.. this comes from prediction and studies...for example picking a time when there is gonna be routine maintenance, temporary shut down of servers... just anything can come handy n put the whole shiit in mess...

we have witnessed big systems fail in the past due to hackers crawl.

.. Hackers r invited to come test systems even after the best security dudes av finished works on it..I know of Glo..am sure others would pass through such process too..this is done to tighten loop holes that could only be seen by an external person who wasn't present when the system was designed...

avnt u wondered why some lay guy will just be looking at ur finished work and just type in some funny thing, and that exposed a whole lot of holes that he may not understand., but you r just okay cos ur algorithm is in place...naaah!

it could be as little as guesses, social engineering, psychology etc...and of course insider info..

in conclusion , it is unethical...and I don't associate with it..
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by bb6xt(m): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2015
micheal5772:
...#I'm a science student and as you know spoken English is not important...( overlook any misspelled words or Misused words)
Thanks

You can't write proper English plain and simple, don't excuse your ignorance by making spurious claims. But it'd seem you still have a chance to make amends so I hope you take it. Believe me, unless you are living in a none English speaking country, you desperately need sound English grammar. Job aptitude tests mostly consist of tests of your verbal and quantitative reasoning, and your poor grammar is surely a minus at job interviews.

Back to software development, a thorough understanding of the software requirements document (SRS) is key to designing and implementing a solution that will meet the client's needs. Internal project reviews with other developers, Business Analysts and Project Managers are also a normal part of software development process and all these require a good grasp of the language in which they are undertaken. So, if you desire to be a well rounded professional never take any part of your training for granted.

2 Likes

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by MrFlexible(m): 6:56am On Jan 27, 2015
bb6xt:

You can't write proper English plain and simple, don't excuse your ignorance by making spurious claims. But it'd seem you still have a chance to make amends so I hope you take it. Believe me, unless you are living in a none English speaking country, you desperately need sound English grammar. Job aptitude tests mostly consist of tests of your verbal and quantitative reasoning, and your poor grammar is surely a minus at job interviews.

Back to software development, a thorough understanding of the software requirements document (SRS) is key to designing and implementing a solution that will meet the client's needs. Internal project reviews with other developers, Business Analysts and Project Managers are also a normal part of software development process and all these require a good grasp of the language in which they are undertaken. So, if you desire to be a well rounded professional never take any part of your training for granted.

That was harsh sir...

SRS, you mean software requirement specification..ok, I can relate to that.
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 9:43am On Jan 27, 2015
Michael5772, I already replied your mail...

1 Like

Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by micheal5772: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
53cur3m0d3:
Michael5772, I already replied your mail...
Sir Am having problem accessing the mail account.. but have sent you another mail again... simplicityMichael... thanks sir
Re: Am a Software Developer.... But I need help from any of you guys. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
micheal5772:
Sir Am having problem accessing the mail account.. but have sent you another mail again... simplicityMichael... thanks sir
try to always check your mail often Sir

(1) (Reply)

Dhtmlframework Is Going Open-Source! / Interesting C# And Dot Net Core Projects / Niit Vs Abtech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.