Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says (62176 Views)

Is Adekunle Gold Of YBNL A Chronic Smoker? (Photo) / Mcsmith Ochendo Comes After Muna Obiekwe's Godmother / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by chimere66: 5:26am On Jan 20, 2015
Muna Obiekwe's godmother Vera Kanu has divulged some of the secrets of the late actor which might have contributed to his death.

In an exclusive chat with icampus, Vera Kanu revealed that Muna was a chain smoker and an alcoholic. According to her,Muna's addiction to smoking and alcohol contributed immensely to his kidney failure.

Speaking further,she said the late actor lost his parents a while ago in a ghastly car accident and since then has used he alcohol and smoking to console himself.As a result,he felt sick and visited a doctor who made a diagnosis of kidney disease.The doctor suggested he should do at least 20 kidney dialyses to re-energize his kidney and was asked to quit smoking and drinking.However,he was unable to quit drinking and smoking.She also said the actor is married with two kids(twins) who live abroad with the wife.

“I was with him to the last hour. He was to do up to 20 dialyses; the doctor said if the dialysis improved his condition, the worse would certainly be over. He will be okay only if he stays away from alcohol but you know our artiste."

“The dialysis was expensive for Muna.He was doing two in a week sometimes. And he would need blood injection on each occasion.Each appointment was costing him between N250,000 to N300, 000; money he did not really have to spend. His health was eating deep into his purse yet Muna refused to go cap in hand begging for alms. He was a private guy who didn’t want the press or his colleagues to feast on his pain."

“He was managing it on his own. As a matter of fact, he has been managing it for a while until Ejiro Okurame and I came on board to help. We were combining resources to help him but there
was very little we could do to save him. We had to enlist the help of Patience Ozokwor and Kanayo O.Kanayo (KOK) at a point. They rendered the help
they could until he died.

She also said the late actor lived a private life.

“The guy was private. He kept to himself a lot and most importantly, kept his private life private; for instance, many people did not even know he was married with two children. Such was his life. He didn’t want press or his colleagues to start
prying. He was particularly afraid of the press,hence his shutting his colleagues out of his pain.He knew if some Nollywood people got to know
about it, the press would also get to know. He refused to beg to save Nollywood’s image, he in-
turn, lost himself.”

Speaking further,she said everybody in the industry was aware of his drinking habit.

“Everybody in the industry knows Muna drinks a lot; even when he’s shooting in the North, he has a way of finding alcohol. He fell into it, after he lost his parents in a ghastly motor accident. ‘As a matter of fact, he was supposed to be in that car
with them but by stroke of luck, he wasn’t and was spared. Afterwards, Muna took solace in
liquor but that never affected his job. He was just like Sam Loco; he could drink the whole sea but
when he hears the director shout ‘action,’ he gets into character. Muna was a method character
despite his flaws’’.

She blasted Ibinabo Fiberesima,saying Ibinabo has been partial in her administration.

“ Don’t mind that foolish ibinabo, she never treat everyone equally, she sees some of us as her enemy and never bother about our well being."

Source: http:///7cm

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Airforce1(m): 5:31am On Jan 20, 2015
this yeye woman talks too much

Rip muna

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by temitemi1(m): 5:36am On Jan 20, 2015
RIP... Say NO to smoking n heavy alcohol!!

19 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by alberto2k(m): 6:06am On Jan 20, 2015
They Know how to read yet they fail to see/read warnings like

[size=22] The Federal ministry of health warns that smokers are liable to die Young

And

Drink Responsible [/size] sad

R.I.P muna

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 20, 2015
RIP Muna...

Losin' both parents can really be traumatic sad

Btw,keep shut ma'am. U dn't spk ill of d dead.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by pretydiva(f): 6:20am On Jan 20, 2015
Wat I can say..d deed has already been done..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 20, 2015
Why is his grandmother talking like someone from the press? Da fu..ck is wrong with her? Your 15 minutes of fame is very woman geezz.

RIP to Muna.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by shugacaneman: 6:42am On Jan 20, 2015
I knew that this story will surface, and many more vsop and xo drinking Nigerian stars will soon to down it care is not taken. R.I.P

I knew that this story will surface, and many more vsop and xo drinking Nigerian stars will soon to down it care is not taken. R.I.P

I want to use this opportunity to warn mtn for stealing N526 from my done on 31th December, many cock and bull story. The customer care agents weren't saying the same time.

Also to beg GTB that debited me from a 1st bank ATM on 4th january, am still waiting for refunds

7 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by shugacaneman: 6:42am On Jan 20, 2015
I knew that this story will surface, and many more vsop and so drinking Nigerian stars will soon to down it care is not taken. R.I.P
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by orobs93(m): 6:42am On Jan 20, 2015
Our people say "it is better for people to laugh at you,than for them to cry for you"

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by mikigen(m): 7:34am On Jan 20, 2015
orobs93:
Our people say "it is better for people to laugh at you,than for them to cry for you"
#fact#

5 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by graciella(f): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2015
So in your left mind muna have become her abi? No problem
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by oluyemisee(f): 8:01am On Jan 20, 2015
Honestly,I tink dis is very unneccesary.why washing d dead man's dirty linen outside?a good godmother or whateva will have taken a bold step in his interest wheather he likes it or not.now she is out there vomiting rubbish.mtcheeeeeeeew,u kept quite until he died why not still zip it afta his death?What exactly have u achieved wit dis yeye info

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by goldfish80(m): 8:13am On Jan 20, 2015
Muna was a heavy drinker and smoker. I wasn't surprised when I heard he died of kidney related illness. Most times he turns up on set drunk. And when I mean alcohol he doesn't stop at the conventional beer or red wine, he goes to the level of road side shekpe and local concoctions. His death should be a warning to all alcoholic hacks and chain smokers.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by SAMBARRY: 8:21am On Jan 20, 2015
AmberQueen:
RIP Muna...

Losin' both parents can really be traumatic sad

Btw,keep shut ma'am. U dn't spk ill of d dead.
haba she didn't speak ill of the dead . she was only talking about his life style/uncontrollable habits that contributed to his death . more over it's normal for some issues to start popping out when a person dies because death exposes a lot of things. Anyway rip to muna and may God give his family the fortitude to bear the loss. Meanwhile as for vodka, double 3, guiness, rum and Baron slaves. Be warned. Learn and quit unreasonable drinking and smoking. Drinking and smoking doesn't take the pain away it only gives you a false euphoria for a temporary period of time. Once your eye clears you still see the problem staring at you

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by SAMBARRY: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2015
Smh

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Bibol(f): 8:55am On Jan 20, 2015
rokiatu:
Why is his grandmother talking like someone from the press? Da fu..ck is wrong with her? Your 15 minutes of fame is very woman geezz.

RIP to Muna.

Godmother not Grandmother

Rip Muna

5 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by missdebs(f): 9:02am On Jan 20, 2015
if our artists are not careful, this is wher we'l find d'banj,wizkid etc...in d next 10 yrs. God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by adeebayo: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2015
one of the few right things I've ever done in life is to resist the lure and ridicule from friends to 'at least take one bottle na, u b woman?'

liquor is addictive.

RIP muna

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
haba she didn't speak ill of the dead . she was only talking about his life style/uncontrollable habits that contributed to his death . more over it's normal for some issues to start popping out when a person dies because death exposes a lot of things. Anyway rip to muna and may God give his family the fortitude to bear the loss. Meanwhile as for vodka, double 3, guiness, rum and Baron slaves. Be warned. Learn and quit unreasonable drinking and smoking. Drinking and smoking doesn't take the pain away it only gives you a false euphoria for a temporary period of time. Once your eye clears you still see the problem staring at you

This is d part I hate d most. Wen someone dies,ugly stories strt comin up especially if they r public figures...

Like duurrh! They shud just stop it unless d death is mysterious & requires investigation.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by blemon44(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2015
he just started smoking yestarday

some people has been smokin for decades and nothing happened

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by missbehave247(m): 10:02am On Jan 20, 2015
RIP †Ô the dead
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by AGgal(f): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
He's dead already! Let the guy's soul rest in peace!
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by ifeelgood: 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
Death didn't allow him witness how Buhari/Osinbajo would be sworned in. May God allow me and you witness that great event. Your LIKE is your AMEN.

46 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by basseyubong(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
Smokers Are Liable to die young

2 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by mcdokwe(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
So?

Imagine a so called godmother. Are we supposed to stop mourning him because he was?

People should learn how to be sensitive

2 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by elantraceey(f): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2015
He didn't look like sad

But what's the relevance of this revelation now?
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by ichidodo: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
Oh you poor baby..RIP
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by BrAkingNews: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
j
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by pekeyim: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
Shyoo. Na Bastard

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by PerfumeRepublik: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
The Vultures (blogs) have come to feed
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by jorlons(m): 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
whats d relevance of this information. So much for a Godmother to talk this way. Mtcheww

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki At Davido's Concert (Photos) / Harrysong Weds Isioma Alexer Peres Gopa Today (Photos, Video) / Daddy Freeze Advises Segun Arinze’s Daughter, Renny — Here’s What He Said!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.