Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says (62174 Views)

Is Adekunle Gold Of YBNL A Chronic Smoker? (Photo) / Mcsmith Ochendo Comes After Muna Obiekwe's Godmother / Photo Of Muna Obiekwe On A Dialysis Machine, Prior To His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Neplusultra(f): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
SAMBARRY:
haba she didn't speak ill of the dead . she was only talking about his life style/uncontrollable habits that contributed to his death . more over it's normal for some issues to start popping out when a person dies because death exposes a lot of things. Anyway rip to muna and may God give his family the fortitude to bear the loss. Meanwhile as for vodka, double 3, guiness, rum and Baron slaves. Be warned. Learn and quit unreasonable drinking and smoking. Drinking and smoking doesn't take the pain away it only gives you a false euphoria for a temporary period of time. Once your eye clears you still see the problem staring at you
Thank you oo!! Dats how pple are so quick to conclude without comprehension!!! She neva washed his dirty linens, just stating d obvious! Am sure she must have even reprimanded him severally as a Godmother. Very sad and avoidable death, Rip.

2 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by JustCurious: 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
adeebayo:
one of the few right things I've ever done in life is to resist the lure and ridicule from friends to 'at least take one bottle na, u b woman?'

liquor is addictive.

RIP muna

#MyView
It's not about his addiction, it's about a young man who couldn't handle the sudden death of his parents in a good way. Drinking must have been his way of getting rid of the depressing situation ..I see a man who needed some psychological help from the distasteful act, but couldn't get it till death. #RestOnMuna.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
This will not stop boys from being full members of the church of green bottle grin
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by adeebayo: 8:03pm On Jan 20, 2015
psalmuelwater:
. Can you please open a thread for those few things you've DONE RIGHT IN YOUR LIFE? Some people sha, person die, you dey praise yourself, i no people wey no dey drink wey don die tay tay, and people wey dey drink seriously and are still living.

dis comment is so on unnecessary. bt its ur freedom of speech sha.

none of my business
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Airforce1:
this yeye woman talks too much

Rip muna
shut d f*ck up punk..she's expressing her pain
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by koyyess: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Proof that smoking and too much drinking is bad for your health.

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Ebby424: 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by tollybabe15: 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
muna R I P , We wil all missing u.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by DrIloekwe2020: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
I so much love this guy acting,rest in peace my man
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
AmberQueen:
RIP Muna...

Losin' both parents can really be traumatic sad

Btw,keep shut ma'am. U dn't spk ill of d dead.
I wanted to call u an idiott; but just had to refrain; I really wish I could quote u and ur likes so u see this...

That foolish african mentality of canonizing the dead is not only irritatingly aannoying; it is also obscenly foolish... Who told u that nonsense; so becaause someone is dead; u don't talk about the wrongs he did (that in some cases might have accounted for his demise) , so d liing could learn from it? This is the most sick and ignorant aattitude towards life..
Why do u think autopsies are carried out? Is it not to learn from d dead, so the living could take a cue or two?

Africans are just so ignorant,slowpoke... Very annoying... Kai...

2 Likes

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by mya1: 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
kokotango:
Rip my bro rest in peace I used to be a chain smoker and drinker not until last year when God saved me from high blood pressure my reading was 230/197 and I never went to a hospital till now only God n restore peace in once life

Wow!! I thank God for your life! Not many lived to give this type of testimony. The most important thing is that you have adopted a healthy lifestyle..Keep it up and try not to fall into the temptation of reversion. I hope people can learn from this.

On a side note, smoking causes more harm than good, not only to the smoker but people around.
I was outside a mall one day when I saw a group of 4 young girls around a baby of about a few weeks old smoking cigarette.. I couldn't contain my emotion as I walked up to them and asked that they smoked away from the baby.. Ofcourse they gave me a very weird look after one of then replied that it's her baby.. I just couldn't stomach it..Agreed they don't care about their s lives, they should not cause a young innocent soul to suffer due to their reckless lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Smaha19: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
I will never forget his role in Across the border. Rest in peace bro.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I wanted to call u an idiott; but just had to refrain; I really wish I could quote u and ur likes so u see this...

That foolish african mentality of canonizing the dead is not only irritatingly aannoying; it is also obscenly foolish... Who told u that nonsense; so becaause someone is dead; u don't talk about the wrongs he did (that in some cases might have accounted for his demise) , so d liing could learn from it? This is the most sick and ignorant aattitude towards life..
Why do u think autopsies are carried out? Is it not to learn from d dead, so the living could take a cue or two?

Africans are just so ignorant,slowpoke... Very annoying... Kai...

R u talkin to me

Errmmm Mr ranter, u need to take a chill pill that is if u're talkin to me.

African mentality or no African mentality, she should be in a mournin state not seekin unnecessary attention.

Any literate person should know & knows that continous excessive intake of alcohol & smokin is goin to damage internal organs wit time & I bliv an average man is a reasonable person enof to know that.

He turned to d solace liquor provided wen his parents passed on,fine! Now that he is gone,I dn't see d essence of detailin how he lived especially since he loved livin a private life...

How do u think his wife will feel readin al this shit?

Anyways, I v said wat I feel is right & I wasn't evn talkin to u in d 1st place.

Dn't quote me again! An African callin Africans slowpoke...?! SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
AmberQueen:

R u talkin to me

Errmmm Mr ranter, u need to take a chill pill that is if u're talkin to me.

African mentality or no African mentality, she should be mournin in a mournin state not seekin for unnecessary attention.

Any literate person should know & knows that continous excessive intake of alcohol & smokin is goin to damage internal organs wit time & I bliv an average nairalander is reasonable man enof to know that.

He turned to d solace liquor provided wen his parents passed on,fine! Now that he is gone,I dn't see d essence of detailin how he lived especially since he loved livin a private life...

How do u think d wife will feel readin al dis shit?

Anyways, I v said wat I feel is right & I wasn't evn talkin to u in d 1st place.

Dn't quote me again! This is my last attention u'll get
. I was never seeking ur attention; if not for the ignorantly riddled n obnoxious comment of urs; why should I quote someone I know not 4rm adam(n donot wish to...) I only wanted to inforrm you, so u could extinguish ignorance and cultural slavery from ur psych .. My message has been passed... So pls learn dat n let it pass... I donnot ever wish to quote u again (as long as u behave)
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by multipurpose: 5:04am On Jan 21, 2015
Download current postUTME past questions and answers for any school of your choice. just click the link below to download your copy! www.campusdream.com.ng

1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by AKPOSbaba: 5:13am On Jan 21, 2015
Wetin dis woman talk no bad na,na wa o.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Anglovel: 6:26am On Jan 21, 2015
temitemi1:
RIP... Say NO to smoking n heavy alcohol!!

and toning,bleaching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by NwannekaUloma(f): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2015
may his soul rest in peace....amen...we will miss you dear
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2015
mya1:

Wow!! I thank God for your life! Not many lived to give this type of testimony. The most important thing is that you have adopted a healthy lifestyle..Keep it up and try not to fall into the temptation of reversion. I hope people can learn from this.

On a side note, smoking causes more harm than good, not only to the smoker but people around.
I was outside a mall one day when I saw a group of 4 young girls around a baby of about a few weeks old smoking cigarette.. I couldn't contain my emotion as I walked up to them and asked that they smoked away from the baby.. Ofcourse they gave me a very weird look after one of then replied that it's her baby.. I just couldn't stomach it..Agreed they don't care about their s lives, they should not cause a young innocent soul to suffer due to their reckless lifestyle.
she won't no d harm now that baby but soon she will no d devil has turned our emotions against us that y people prefer to embrace ignorance I wished I had never smoked or drink in my life I checked my bp this morning it read very ok and stopped taking my drugs for a long I stopped using my drugs since October last year am doing very good with God be side me thanks bro
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by dombenis(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
oluyemisee:
Honestly,I tink dis is very unneccesary.why washing d dead man's dirty linen outside?a good godmother or whateva will have taken a bold step in his interest wheather he likes it or not.now she is out there vomiting rubbish.mtcheeeeeeeew,u kept quite until he died why not still zip it afta his death?What exactly have u achieved wit dis yeye info
please dont blame the woman because i know that the woman ve tried her possible best to stop him not smoking but is not possible .
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by psalmuelwater(m): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2015
adeebayo:

none of my business
. Neither was yours needed in the first place undecided
adeebayo:

none of my business
. Neither was yours needed in the first place
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by y2kplus: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Very sad to read about another death.

I guess it is worth noting the level of drinking and smoking that late Muna is reported to have indulged in (as informed by his godmother in this thread and if this is the truth).

Please note that I am not in anyway saying anything negative about late Muna or judging him. What I want to raise here is that we must learn from others. The best time to reflect is when something drastic happens to someone we know or close to. If you are reading this, and you indulge in smoking or excessive drinking; maybe this is the time for you to close your eyes and visualise what dying could be like.

Smoking and excessive drinking generally is NOT good for anyone's health and well being. In the western countries, creepy messages are being printed on cigarette packets to discourage people from smoking. It is against the law to smoke in public places. Gone are the days when smoking was glamorized.
When you sometimes try to raise this matter, it is often thrown back at you that it is not your business and that one has to die of something anyway. Nigeria film industry and late Muna's many fans will miss this icon as well as those he left behind. No one is perfect. Neither am I.

I pray that Muna rests in peace and my condolence to his family, friends and close ones.
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Tolzeal(m): 11:03am On Jan 25, 2015
missdebs:
if our artists are not careful, this is wher we'l find d'banj,wizkid etc...in d next 10 yrs. God help us

..... Hae deb what's wrong its been a while I see ur post
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by missdebs(f): 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
Tolzeal:

..... Hae deb what's wrong its been a while I see ur post
busy thnz dear
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by Tolzeal(m): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
missdebs:
busy thnz dear

Oh oh... Aii Take care
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by jayjayjay0214: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2015
orobs93:
Our people say "it is better for people to laugh at you,than for them to cry for you"

angry ITS THE SAME THING . THOSE WHO LAUGH AT YOU WONT CRY IF ANYTHING BAD HAPPENS TO YOU .
Re: Muna Obiekwe Was A Heavy Smoker And An Alcoholic, His Godmother Vera Kanu Says by jpphilips(m): 4:40am On Jan 27, 2015
Do a damn Autopsy! !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki At Davido's Concert (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Advises Segun Arinze’s Daughter, Renny — Here’s What He Said! / Harrysong Weds Isioma Alexer Peres Gopa Today (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.