Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan (12251 Views)

Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run – Adamawa Government / APC Wouldn’t Have Won Without Tinubu –Buhari / No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by DoroVibesNG: 7:25am On Jan 20, 2015
SOURCE: VANGUARDNGR

President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said his achievements in the north lays credence to the fact that he was not an enemy of the region as some ‘liars who have nothing to offer the region’ claimed.

“When I came on board as president, I established 14 new universities, four were built in the South while 10 were built in the North, yet they keep telling you I hate the North. If truly I hate the North and I do not want the children from the North to be like me, will I take such action?” the President asked during the campaign rally in Sokoto State held at Shehu Kangiwa Square.

“Federal Government has no business with basic primary education because they are functions of the state government, but I took it upon myself to build Almajiri schools here because we realised there is a higher percentage of children out of school in the North than in the South. So we intervened massively. Is that hating the North?
“In the area of agriculture, tell me of any government that has supported the North with several agricultural equipment and with billions in cash loans. Is that hating the North? If I don’t like the North, will they benefit up to 70 per cent of agricultural reforms we are doing?” he asked.

“Those who say I do not like the North were also presidents in the past, but what did they do for the North? How many schools or universities did they build in the North and what did they do to ameliorate the problems in the agricultural sector?”

Speaking further, Jonathan called on politicians in the state to shun violence at the forthcoming elections and exhibit the spirit of sportsmanship in politics. “…on my arrival this morning, the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Saadu Abubakar, drew my attention to the unwarranted rivalry that existed among political parties in the state and he condemned the development in its entirety.

“I visited Ogun State recently and the state Governor, Ibikunle Amusun, who is of the opposition party accommodated me at the Governor’s Lodge, where both of us passed the night without any rancour. I believe this is what politics should be,” Jonathan said.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Welrez(m): 7:33am On Jan 20, 2015
Those who say such things are unreasonable and they lack facts. It's a case of unreasonable hatred. They make themselves appear as the aggrieved party so as to use it as an accusation that GEJ is dividing this country, marginalising them whereas they have benefited from his presidency more than even the South-South.

MODIFIED:
Good things happen to those who wait. I never believed I would make FTC on Nairaland. Thank you all for making this achievement possible. Let's keep the fire of hope burning. We shall surely be up there someday. Keep believing, keep working harder.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Lilprincey(m): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Martin luther king did it, nelson mandela did it, Goodluck jonathan is doing it. Keep doing it mr.president till 2019..

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by clemz88(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2015
Jonah don't mind them they are all haterz. All of you claiming that jona hasn't done any thing since hiz been on sit ,I'm glad to tell you are you are wrong . Can you point a past leader that you know did better than than gudluck?. Atleast y don't we for once be real to our selves. Even if he didn't perform to expectation doent mean we all should criticize or start making him look like a bad dude.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by taiyesoul(f): 7:44am On Jan 20, 2015
Well,Mr. Jonah,either u love or hate the North,your time is up.We need Change.Change is constant.An heroic welcome awaits you at Otueke.Buhari!!!!.we cant wait!

26 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by mazzi: 7:44am On Jan 20, 2015
Even if he does every project in the north,the will still find excuse to hate him.all the north want is power,nothing more.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 7:45am On Jan 20, 2015
Even though Jonathan transforms the North to Heaven, They will still hate him. All these years, Most of his works are situated in the North; Most of the universities he built are in the North, Almajiri schools, Polio has almost been kicked out in the North, Infant mortality rate Which is common in the north has been drastically reduced because of improved health care; But guess what?...They still hate Jonathan, Why...Your guess is as good as mine. wink

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Caseless: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2015
He so love the north that he created a new state called Bafarawa state at his rally in sokoto. He even went further to tell the people of sokoto that: 'sokoto is the home of usman Danfodio who created Islam. .'
I dont know why Reno Omokri who was quick to upload a video of buhari where he claimed buhari changf the name of his VP Osinbade is yet to upload the video of his who created Bafarawa state and told us Danfodio created islam.

15 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 7:51am On Jan 20, 2015
Caseless:
He so love north that he created a new state called Bafarawa state at his rally in sokoto. He even went further to tell the people of sokoto that: 'sokoto is the home of usman Danfodio who created Islam. .'
I dont know why Reno Omokri who was quick to upload a video of buhari where he claimed buhari changf the name of his VP Osinbade is yet to upload the video of his who created Bafarawa state and told us Danfodio created islam.
WHICH ONE IS BAFARAWA STATE AGAIN
Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Caseless: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2015
Lilprincey:
Martin luther king did it, nelson mandela did it, Goodluck jonathan is doing it. Keep doing it mr.president till 2019..
if u are not embarrassed by that advert, then, you need to be flogged.

22 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Caseless: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

WHICH ONE IS BAFARAWA STATE AGAIN
na the new state wey ur president create b that at his rally in sokoto yesterday. grin grin
So much for the president who says Buhari cant recall his phone number. I wonder why it was easy for easy for him to adress Attahiru bafarawa as BAFARAWA STATE. .

11 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by borntosave: 8:13am On Jan 20, 2015
Hmm
Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 8:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Caseless:
na the new state wey ur president create b that at his rally in sokoto yesterday. grin grin
So much for the president who says Buhari cant recall his phone number. I wonder why it was easy for easy for him to adress Attahiru bafarawa as BAFARAWA STATE. .
Hehehehehehehehehehehehe...Funny.

But you said it earlier as if he meant it. cheesy
Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Lilprincey(m): 6:31am On Jan 21, 2015
Caseless:
if u are not embarrassed by that advert, then, you need to be flogged.
flog ni, flog ke? Gej anytime

18 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Vicotex(m): 6:39am On Jan 21, 2015
They said Jonathan was afraid and a coward and therefore couldn't visit the north.

Now Jonathan has visited and even campaigned in Sokoto, Kebbi, Kano, Zamfara, Borno and may still campaign in sambisa forest. grin

Though he walks through the valleys of the shadows of death, he fears no evil.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by UltimatePals: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2015
And so?
Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by AJOT99(m): 7:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Mr Jona, u re right

4 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by freshness2020: 7:42am On Jan 21, 2015
So true!
he buhari didn't do anything for his people when he was younger is it now that he is old?
...this things fa get as e be Oº°˚˚°ºo. !

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by BokoHaramm: 7:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Truth because I can't point out anything GMB did for the north since He stepped down as PTF chairman

14 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by DonaldGenes(m): 7:43am On Jan 21, 2015
Mr.President talking as if it's his personal money

Like seriously, our so-called Leaders sha....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 21, 2015
This GEJ gaffes is too much, Why will a President tell me he intends not to hate someplace. You are the C-IN-C for crying out lound

2 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by pekeyim: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2015
They already know Education will free the minds of the People.

That's why they never never built schools, probably because they never finished from one. I.e no proof.

Maybe that's why they have some people fighting "Western Education "

I had to push some #Bad Belle People off FP

#Chai Buhari

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2015
No sir. You were merely courting for their support. We all know that jonathan doesn't exactly hate or like any region. He is just their for his pocket. whether kwarupshion or kolloption all nobi stealing.

1 Like

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by ignis: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2015
GEJ is the best president Nigeria has ever produced with so many achievements speaking for him.
Obviously if Buhari becomes the president, the south will suffer at the expense of the north.

GEJ till Buhari presents his primary school certificate.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Rawani: 7:44am On Jan 21, 2015
Rubbish. The mediocrity that this administration has infected Nigerians with has turned even the most enlightened ones to yes-men and passionate boot lickers. What universities is he talking about? Even if universities were all about physical structures...where are they? Furthermore, the ones he hurriedly constructed for election purposes are a testament to the low quality of planning, material, design and execution.

Did he see the Universities northerners built for themselves? Compare and contrast with the Federal ones, most which have not seen a single brick laid. As for the almajiri schools... grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by suwailad(f): 7:44am On Jan 21, 2015
Would a President make silly statements like this? Is it not your job to provide basic amenities?

3 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by martincbarton: 7:45am On Jan 21, 2015
sad

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by tdayof(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2015
Jonathan doesn't hate the northerners the fact is that he is not ruling the country with courage,
He is too weak to control Nigeria and her shortcomings

2 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Bsc(m): 7:45am On Jan 21, 2015
Give them maximum security..they die everyday in d hands of Boko...u talking abt skul wey many of them no like to go.

1 Like

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2015
Bottom line! Humans are insatiable

7 Likes

Re: If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan by goldplated(m): 7:46am On Jan 21, 2015
JONA DE YARN DUST OH. SEE WETIN PRESIDENT DEY YARN FOR MOUTH. WETIN HIM SUPPOSE DO BEFORE. LIKE WHAT HE TOLD EKITI PEOPLE. THIS GUY IS DOOMED

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Lists Of States In Nigeria Wanted By Biafra Agitators / Happy Birthday Vice President Yemi Osinbajo / Rivers Golden Jubilee Celebration To Gulp N1.5 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.