Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? (4106 Views)

What Is Your Best Perfume? / Name Of Your Perfume? / Toyin Lawani Flaunts Her Rich Perfume Collection(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 8:43am On Jan 20, 2015
My collection is at it's infancy, it is eleven
months old now since February 2014. My
first buy was Dior Homme Intense, and then
I got L'eau d’Issey pour homme as a
birthday gift by July. Still in July I bought
Versace Blue Jeans. Four months later I
added Grey Flannel. I started 2015 with
Joop! Homme, then got Nautica Voyage N-83
(half full) from a friend.
Obviously I don’t have a regular collection
schedule, I have just being buying at
random and when the money is there. But
hopefully I want to buy regularly this year
like one bottle a month or two bottles in
three months.
Those of you who are old in the business,
could you tell us how often you buy your
fragrances.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
I'm not a perfume junkie neither am I a connoisseur, I buy only on whim.

That aside, I still have bottles dating back to 2010. The more I have the slower it takes to finish old fragrances. I prefer fine-tuning my smell to attract a particular individual and randomize till I get a desired fragrance. I also enjoy seeing the faces I get from friends who ask "why many different scents?". They'd never understand.

How often do I add to the collection? Anytime I see a bottle I've either heard about, seen in an advert or read the review previously. If I have a little change I search specifically for a top-ranker.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Tomeseen(f): 6:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
I want to buy a bottle of perfume for my man come val with price range btw (15k - 20k). I bought him black last val, it was ok but I want something unique.

I don't like harsh perfumes as I don't use myself and I get easily irritated with most perf second and third notes. Pls thou shall not confuse me, just drop three names of au perfum, not toilette or cologne for man. Thank you
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 7:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
Tomeseen:
I want to buy a bottle of perfume for my man come val with price range btw (15k - 20k). I bought him black last val, it was ok but I want something unique.

I don't like harsh perfumes as I don't use myself and I get easily irritated with most perf second and third notes. Pls thou shall not confuse me, just drop three names of au perfum, not toilette or cologne for man. Thank you
Basically most men fragrances are in eau de toilette. Eau de parfum are few and are often niche fragrances, which are most expensive.

But these ones are in EDT concentration:
1. Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit d L'Homme
2. Chanel Bleu de Chanel
3. Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris

Pardon me:
4. Versace Eros
5. Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I would advice you to test the scents before buying, its gonna help you choose.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Tomeseen(f): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yongi99:
Basically most men fragrances are in eau de toilette. Eau de parfum are few and are often niche fragrances, which are most expensive.

But these ones am are in EDT concentration:
1. Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit d L'Homme
2. Chanel Bleu de Chanel
3. Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris

Pardon me:
4. Versace Eros
5. Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I would advice you to test the scents before buying, its gonna help you choose.

Thanks a lot youngi99, now so as not to be confused am disregarding any other scents so pls peeps shouldn't bother dropping any other name. So d last two are d ones in EDP concentration hmm. God bless you much
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 9:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Tomeseen:

Thanks a lot youngi99, now so as not to be confused am disregarding any other scents so pls peeps shouldn't bother dropping any other name. So d last two are d ones in EDP concentration hmm. God bless you much

Nope, all 5 bottles are EDT concentration. But they all perform well. You wanted 3 perfumes but I gave you extra 2.

Please do come back and comment if you ever test or buy any one.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Tomeseen(f): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Yongi99:

Nope, all 5 bottles are EDT concentration. But they all perform well. You wanted 3 perfumes but I gave you extra 2.

Please do come back and comment if you ever test or buy any one.

Ok, no prob then, I'll check them out and pick out the one within my budget.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 9:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
Tomeseen:

Ok, no prob then, I'll check them out and pick out the one within my budget.
You are welcome.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Zaynuba(f): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Like everyday...
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by veave(f): 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
I do not wear any at the moment..

actually looking for a perfume I.D.
something not toxic, no alcohol, smells heavenly, as mild as a baby's bum and as sweet as a flower's nectar

please recommend some for me...
thanks...
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Tashaamania(f): 4:27am On Jan 24, 2015
Err.. Not that often, I can use a perf for a year..
I hardly use them whenever I go out, I'm very okay with the deodorant spray which has a very nice scent and then my cologne combined together always give this great longlasting scent.
Using a perf would be whenever I feel like it..
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2015
Zaynuba:
Like everyday...
like seriously? that's huge.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2015
veave:
I do not wear any at the moment..

actually looking for a perfume I.D.
something not toxic, no alcohol, smells heavenly, as mild as a baby's bum and as sweet as a flower's nectar

please recommend some for me...
thanks...
if you are looking for a signature scent I think you should go out and try different frags. I haven't discovered mine yet.

I know very few female perfumes, but am gonna do a little research using your criterias...gimme 24hrs. I will surely get back to you.

thanks.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 7:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Tashaamania:
Err.. Not that often, I can use a perf for a year..
I hardly use them whenever I go out, I'm very okay with the deodorant spray which has a very nice scent and then my cologne combined together always give this great longlasting scent.
Using a perf would be whenever I feel like it..
would you mind to share their names?
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by veave(f): 10:24am On Jan 24, 2015
Yongi99:
if you are looking for a signature scent I think you should go out and try different frags. I haven't discovered mine yet.

I know very few female perfumes, but am gonna do a little research using your criterias...gimme 24hrs. I will surely get back to you.

thanks.

Okay...
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 4:47am On Jan 25, 2015
veave:

Okay...

Here...
1. Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme,
2. Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka,
3. Kenzo Flower by Kenzo,
4. Christian Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet,
5. Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire,
6. Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom,
7. Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb,
8. Guerlain L'Instant Magic,
9. Dolce&Gabbana The One Desire,
10. Bvlgari Rose Essentielle.

Cheers!
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by PerfumeRepublik: 6:39am On Jan 26, 2015
Yongi99:

Here...
1. Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme,
2. Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka,
3. Kenzo Flower by Kenzo,
4. Christian Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet,
5. Thierry Mugler Alien Eau Extraordinaire,
6. Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom,
7. Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb,
8. Guerlain L'Instant Magic,
9. Dolce&Gabbana The One Desire,
10. Bvlgari Rose Essentielle.

Cheers!

Impressive list
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 8:52am On Jan 26, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:

Impressive list
thanks man. January is almost gone oh.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by jukeblam(m): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
Yongi99:
...My
first buy was Dior Homme Intense...

I see you eventually held on to this. So, is the smell growing on you, yet? smiley Or you still don't like it??

By the way, anyone up for swaps?
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 11:54am On Mar 07, 2015
jukeblam:

I see you eventually held on to this. So, is the smell growing on you, yet? smiley Or you still don't like it??

By the way, anyone up for swaps?
yes o....I still held onto it. I now know how and when to use it. What do you have for swap??
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by jukeblam(m): 9:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
Well, I have got L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme, Kokorico and L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme that I have no like for.

Looking to get Valentino Uomo or Midnight in Paris.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
jukeblam:
Well, I have got L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme, Kokorico and L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme that I have no like for.

I would love to smell the LIDGE, its very popular in the fragrance world. well its only Joop! homme I don't like much.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
jukeblam:

these 2 are cool....both are similar to Dior homme intense in some ways.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by jukeblam(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Yeah, but I like that they are both spicier and 'warmer' than the DHI- I'm starting to get unfazed by the DHI smell. Almost bland to me, now.

By the way, I replied your pm; you seen that? My email address is my username @ yahoo dot com.

Yongi99:
these 2 are cool....both are similar to Dior homme intense I'm some ways.

Joop! Homme- the 'killer' fragrance. Kills mosquitoes- DEAD! grin
LIDGE too, is like a spicy Kokorico.

Yongi99:
I would love to smell the LIDGE, its very popular in the fragrance world. well its only Joop! homme I don't like much.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
jukeblam:
Yeah, but I like that they are both spicier and 'warmer' than the DHI- I'm starting to get unfazed by the DHI smell. Almost bland to me, now.

By the way, I replied your pm; you seen that? My email address is my username @ yahoo dot com.

Joop! Homme- the 'killer' fragrance. Kills mosquitoes- DEAD! grin
LIDGE too, is like a spicy Kokorico.

funny enough my Joop isn't so obnoxious, 2014 batch.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by jukeblam(m): 5:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Must have suffered the reformulation syndrome; albeit, in this case, probably a good thing.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
jukeblam:
Must have suffered the reformulation syndrome; albeit, in this case, probably a good thing.
yea...obviously it was reformulated. Because i was suprised to find it so easy on my nose....unlike when i tried joop! From smart collection. I almost choke to death. I had to resell the next day.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Jukeblam, i want to swap my Encre Noire.
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
Veave, which did you pick?
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by jukeblam(m): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Yongi99:
Jukeblam, i want to swap my Encre Noire.

Are you fed up with it already?
What do you want for it?
Re: How Often Do You Add A New Bottle To Your Perfume Collection? by Yongi99(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
jukeblam:

Are you fed up with it already?
What do you want for it?
kinda...e no sweet me, maybe it's the weather. What do u have for swap?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Miss World Vs Miss Universe 2013. Who's Finer? / December Bonanza on Wholesale Kids Sneakers selling At 1750naira / Is It Right For Kids To Wear Accessories?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.