Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings (32250 Views)

Igbo Youth President Warns Obasanjo Over Anti-jonathan Comments / Us Top Think-tank, Brookings; Say Apc Is A Fragile Anti- Jonathan Setup / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by BraniacX(m): 2:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
Justbright:
America is a Learner......ur eyes will soon clear....the hat read u have for buhari DAT made u toppled his govt cos he refused to do ur biddings still lingers abi.....I hope Obama has a PVC to vote?...yeye dey smell...d power to decide who wins d forth coming election is hinged on d Nigerian electorate and not some white ass Americans so pls shutbur gut and leave Nigerians to decide biko

KAI BOYHARI this FAILbuhary

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Newshunter: 2:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Please allow me some time I am still searching for Buhari certificates.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by 9jaPolitician(m): 2:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
VOTE APC!! VOTE BUHARI AND OSINBAJO!!

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by bigfrancis21: 2:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
Comparing Jonathan vs Buhari, Buhari seems no better candidate. Nigerians might actually be enjoying now compared to who knows how Nigeria would be under Buhari. Fielding no better candidate than Buhari, Jonathan should continue until Nigeria is ready to produce better quality presidential candidates.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by smartmom(f): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:
Lmao!

The write-up is a fraud, and it wasn't officially written by Brookings Institution. They're just excerpts from an op-ed submitted to the institution, by a guy named: Jideofor Adibe.

And apparently, Mr. Jideofor Adibe is a Senior Lecturer at some University in Nigeria, named: Nasarawa State University. Just his opinion, and not that of Brookings Institution.

Anyhoo, why are Nigerians so fraudulent? Trying to tarnish the image of an highly regarded Institution, by attributing junk op-ed (Mr. Jideofor is entitled to his opinion) as the official statement by the Institution. This is basically junk journalism, propaganda, and deceit. More reason why I don't read Nigerian newspapers.

Link to the article and screenshot: http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Research/Files/Reports/2015/01/foresight%20africa/nigeria%20elections%20adibe.pdf

Have you all heard? and checked?
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nicklaus:
. LMAO!!! A lawyer without certificate,, so he can come advocate for more bloodshed. Hell My NO! I would rather double vote a zoologist who cares to study and know more about his individual citizens and an architect who can draw plans for good economy and a productive nation.
keep deceiving urself.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by melomelo: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
Niwdog:
By the special grace of God

Gej wil retain that seat til 2019 before a northerner from middle belt wil take over

MODIFIED
Thank God i'm FTC shows that GEJ wil come first come febuary
GEJ TILL 2019
AMEN N AMEN N AMEN N AMEN IJN
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Newshunter: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
The first Executive president of Nigeria Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari has broken his silent after 32years of overthrown by General Mohammadu Buhari

This are what he said to AIT news reporter in Sokoto state yesterday and i humbly quote

"Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention 3 to 4 breakthrough in Nigeria that occurred under his regime.

Under this administration, train is now back in Nigeria after about 30yrs of neglect (infact, my 27years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014)

First Government to construct modern Amajiri schools & 12 Universities.

First Government to construct cargo Airports & ensure all zone in Nigeria has an Int'l airport.

First Government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertiliser.

And the very first Government to start diversifying Nigeria economy back to agric after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

Now I ask, what are Buhari DEVELOPMENTAL strides as HEAD OF STATE? "

TheSJPviews
The Saint-Julius Patrick views
The first Executive president of Nigeria Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari has broken his silent after 32years of overthrown by General Mohammadu Buhari

This are what he said to AIT news reporter in Sokoto state yesterday and i humbly quote

"Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention 3 to 4 breakthrough in Nigeria that occurred under his regime.

Under this administration, train is now back in Nigeria after about 30yrs of neglect (infact, my 27years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014)

First Government to construct modern Amajiri schools & 12 Universities.

First Government to construct cargo Airports & ensure all zone in Nigeria has an Int'l airport.

First Government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertiliser.

And the very first Government to start diversifying Nigeria economy back to agric after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

Now I ask, what are Buhari DEVELOPMENTAL strides as HEAD OF STATE? "

TheSJPviews

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by melomelo: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Splashme:
Describes APC as a fragile anti-Jonathan setup

BROOKINGS, the world’s most influential think-tank based in the United States, have projected President Goodluck Jonathan’s victory over the opposition candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, in the February presidential election, which it suggests would be keenly contested.

The analysis, context and rationale of the think-tank’s projections were contained in the Brookings publication entitled: Foresight Africa – Top Priorities for the continent (January 2015).

Though the election is expected to be very competitive, the odds still favour President Jonathan.”

According to Brookings, the All Progressives Congress (APC) is a fragile anti-Jonathan establishment with a sole purpose to return power to the north.

“The party is, however, a fragile one that seems united only in its quest to wrest the presidency from Jonathan or to have power “returned” to the north.”

“The APC gets much of its strength from tapping into anti-Jonathan sentiments in the Muslim north and grievances among the Yoruba who feel that the Jonathan administration has ignored them in key political appointments.”

The report also indicated that “the APC’s strategy is hinged on a combination of popular votes from the North-West, North-East and “the battleground South-West” but also hinted at the possibility of Bola Ahmed Tinubu not delivering the region contrary to speculations.

“What remains to be seen, however, is whether Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State who played a pivotal role in the formation of the APC and is considered to be the party’s strongest mobiliser in the South-West, will be very enthusiastic in delivering the battleground South-West to the APC during the elections.”

“Tinubu indicated his interest in being the party’s vice presidential candidate but being a Muslim like Buhari, the party’s strategists felt that a Muslim-Muslim ticket might offend Christians and cement the PDP’s labelling of the APC as an Islamic party.”

[/size]On President Jonathan’s performance: “despite Boko Haram, the country is thriving: The economy continues to grow and with the re-basing of its GDP, became the largest economy in Africa and the 26th largest in the world. Jonathan’s supporters also point to his success in containing the Ebola virus, which earned him commendations from countries and institutions around the world.”

The Brookings report also identified factors such as incumbency and numerical control of states where PDP has 21 states and APC only 14 as giving PDP an edge.

“The greatest strength of the ruling PDP is its “power of incumbency,” and all the institutional support that goes with it. Not only does it have federal resources to use as patronage, it also controls key institutions.”

The report advised that all efforts should be deployed to ensure a free, fair and transparent elections and to avoid a meltdown as post-election violence seems very likely.

Post-election violence is therefore likely in the north if the APC loses while renewed militancy in the restive Niger Delta is likely if Jonathan does,” the report noted.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/27083-apc-is-a-fragile-anti-jonathan-setup-brookings

TRUE TALK. TELL THEM. LET THEM KNOW.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Comparing Jonathan vs Buhari, Buhari seems no better candidate. Nigerians might actually be enjoying now compared to who knows how Nigeria would be under Buhari. Fielding no better candidate than Buhari, Jonathan should continue until Nigeria is ready to produce better quality presidential candidates.

Voice and ghost of Albert Einstein:

- "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

- "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

So what's necessary? - A DARN CHANGE AND A NEW APPROACH. And if that fails, you request another change in four years' time - and continue till the country gets it right.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by BraniacX(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Guidette:
WHY JONATHAN CANT WIN IN 2015
1. He has maligned the core north of Hausa and Fulani labelling them as power hungry. I can see 90% of them voting for APC.

2. He and his cronies have castigated all muslims in Nigeria and enveloped them as blood sucking terrorists. Meanwhile roughly half of the country is Muslim. I see 95% of of them voting for APC.

3. He and his followers then decided to become dumbasses of the century by focusing on rotten smear tactics that have reached a new low. I can see more than 99% of reasonable, literate and intelligent people voting for APC.

4. On a whole Jonathan has underperformed and destroyed critical areas of Nigeria in terms of economy, security, infrastructure,etc. I see patriotic and well meaning Nigerians voting 100% for APC.

Now tell me how Jonathan can win the election.

Sai Buhari!!!

1. If by core north you mean hausa/fulani, of course they didn't vote for him in 2011, hmmmm, i wonder what that result was?

2. I don't remember southwest muslims being castigated as terrorists but as for northern muslims, well, if the cap fits....................oh! oh! i also don't remember northern muslims voting for jonathan in 2011, well, once again, i'm back to wondering what that result was?

3. Now who is a dumbass to call another person a dumbass And by rotten smear tactics if you mean questioning the claims (lies) by boyhari about his education, health, wealth, history and antecedents, credibility, sectionalism, bigotry, extremism, nepotism and what not then am campaigning in rotten smear tactics, then i'll agree and ask "why not?", the rot and stench only comes from buhari and APC's insistence on secret what must be exposed about their candidates personality and history unless you'll want to tell me that a democratic Nigeria doesn't deserve to know these things. Now do you see why only the unreasonable, illiterate and unintelligent people will vote for APC?

4. On a whole, jonathan has overperformed in areas like the economy (don't take my word for it, do your own research), infrastructure (guy u can lie!! Or maybe you are just blind) and security (minus the northeast of course but my Niger-Delta has never been safer) still there is a lot more work to be done and that is why patriotic, well meaning and well informed Nigerians will be voting Goodluck Ebele Jonathan come FAILbuhary 14th.

Now tell me how buhari won't loose the election?

KAI buhari!!!!!!!!

SAI JONATHAN!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Bimpe29: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Come February 2015, when the election's result is finally announced, you will that your creator is your Lord. The One that knows it all. Until then, by His grace.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Splashme: 3:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
[size=15pt]Vote GEJ
Vote PDP
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Newshunter: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
THE NATION REPORT: Boko Haram Backs Buhari For Presidency
23 hours ago 0 Comments

Lagos (The Nation) - The presidential candidate of the All Progressives’ Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), on Tuesday gained an unusual support as the Islamic Terrorist group in the Northeast, Boko Haram, pledged its total support for the former military ruler.
Boko Haram, in a lengthy press statement circulated through email by its spokesperson and a copy made available to The Nation Newspaper, Abubakar Shekau, anchored its decision on the need to deliver Nigeria, especially the northern region, from the crunching effects of poverty, underdevelopment and insecurity.
It also lamented the unconcerned attitude of the President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration at the unrelenting degradation of the northern region environment, taking a hard stance also on the increasing insecurity in the northeast.
President Jonathan, according to Boko Haram, does not deserve a second term in office.
The Islamic terrorist group also commended Buhari for proposing to stabilize the oil market and scrap the office of the First Lady – which it considered to be a drain on the nation’s resources and a conduit through which corrupt government officials stole across all levels of government.
It said, “Boko Haram has, upon careful consideration of the state of the nation, endorses and fully supports the presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Gen. Mohammadu Buhari.
“Our decision to throw our full support on Gen. Mohammadu Buhari stems from the pathetic state in which the country has been put by the government of Goodluck Jonathan and our strong believe in Buhari as the man and change the country needs.
“We have been putting our trust in Gen. Mohammadu Buhari as our spiritual leader to show us direction. This was one of the reasons we nominated him as our mediator, but as usual, President Jonathan rejected this wonderful proposal.”
“We urge every Nigerian to vote for APC and Gen. Mohammadu Buhari. He is the only person that can end this disease in Nigeria called corruption. As a human being, we are aware that he made several mistakes in the past such as ruling for 2 years as a Head of State without a legacy or a single project to his name and government. He also jailed innocent Nigerians such as Alex Ekwueme, Ambrose Alli, Tai Solarin, Sam Mbakwe, Jim Nwobodo etc. He also used retrogressive laws to kill Nigerians and clamped down on the Press – where Journalists were jailed. Anybody can make these mistakes. He is not God that can’t make mistake.
Buhari is the right man for the top job especially for us northerners because he will develop our region for good, not this ‘cosmetic development’ being executed by Jonathan. As a PTF Chairman, Buhari executed 80% of the projects in the north – which show that he has the interest of his people at heart. Buhari and Abacha also made sure that the north benefited from the sharing the national cake. Due to Buhari’s love for his people, Alhaji Shehu Shagari was not jailed but his Vice, Dr. Alex Ekwueme was sent to Kirikiri maximum prison. Buhari also didn’t touch our brother, Ibrahim Awwal – who was caught at Heathrow airport London, with 14 million pounds. These are the things that make us to love Buhari. He has our interest at heart.
“Under Buhari’s watch, N25 billion disappeared from PTF accounts and found its way into the pockets of our brothers in the north. Abacha also freely shared the Nigeria’s resources with our people and Transparency International was jealous as they listed Nigeria as the most corrupt country in the world in that period. This is just pure jealousy and envy. Abacha never stole money, even Buhari can attest to this.”
“Our main reason of supporting Buhari is because he’s a typical example of what we’re preaching: ‘Western education is sinful.’ This, he has demonstrated as no single educational qualification can be traced to his name, yet he reached the apex of his military career and ruled the country. Is this not a proof that Western education is bullshit? A man without a certificate ruled the country and wants to rule it again, yet those with numerous certificates can’t even head their local government. We want to use this medium to warn those that have been asking for Buhari’s certificate to stop it or be bombed by Boko Haram.”
“Finally, every Muslim loves to live in an Islamic State, so we urge Muslims to vote for Buhari in en masse. He is the only man that can Islamize Nigeria where Muslims would live happily. He has been advocating for this since 2001 where he openly said he would keep on supporting the spread of Sharia across Nigeria. Which other proof do you Muslims need to vote for Buhari so that we can live peacefully in the Islamic State he would soon create?”
To the infidels that don’t want to vote for Buhari, remember what happened in 2011 after the elections. 2015 post-election violence would be more severe than 2011 if Buhari loses. We would not only kill Corpers, but we would also kill every Christian and set their churches ablaze in every northern state.
Vote for Buhari or be ready to die. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Insah Allah, Buhari is our next president, come February 14, 2015!
Signed
- See more at: http://abujavoice.com/the-nation-report-boko-haram-backs-buhari-for-presidency/#sthash.vGrYMrBJ.dpuf

Bokoharam endorses Buhari……

Now the truth is at work. From the beginning we know it was him who has been bewitching the country. That's why he said only him can stop bokoharam. Further to this are previous write-ups by buhari supporting and condemning the killing of buhari and nomination of Buhari to represent them before the Fed Govt. We the lovers of this country cannot ignore this and cannot be intimidated by buhari's bokoharam. We have resolved that bokoharam leader buhari cannot rule this country again. Below links are to further proofs:

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-killing-boko-haram-members-buhari-tells-fg/

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/buhari-supports-boko-haram.html
http://abujavoice.com/the-nation-report-boko-haram-backs-buhari-for-presidency/
http://newsdayreporters.com/what-s-hot/581-breaking-boko-haram-backs-buhari-for-presidency-the-nation.html

thestreetjournal.org/...ibb-buhari-atiku-others...boko-haram

MEND Renounces Support For Jonathan, endorses buhari | THE ...
thestreetjournal.org/...support-for-jonathan-endorses-buhari

buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram - The Punch - Nigeria's ...
www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-

Clampdown on Boko Haram, injustice against North –buhari ...
nationalmirroronline.net/new/clampdown-on-boko-haram

A buhari Presidency is Victory for Boko Haram, Jihadists ...
starconnectmedia.com/.../a-buhari...for-boko-haram-jihadists

buhari Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram - www.channelstv.com
www.channelstv.com/.../buhari-backs-amnesty-for-boko-haram

buhari Upset With Government Clamp Down On Boko Haram ...
newsrescue.com/buhari-upset-with...boko-haram-terrorist-sect

Boko Haram: buhari Accuses Soldiers Of Genocide, Rape |
africanheraldexpress.com/.../06/boko-haram-buhari-accuses.

YEYE DE SMELL: LAMENTATIONS : “buhari Supports Boko Haram ...
yeyedesmell..com/2013/07/lamentations-buhari..

PDP accuses APC, buhari of backing Boko Haram Peoples Post
peoplespostng.com/news/2014/...buhari-of-backing-boko-haram

buhari Condemns Military Handling Of Boko Haram Crisis | CKN ...
www.cknnigeria.com/2014/02/buhari-condemns-military... Cached

Clampdown on Boko Haram, injustice against North –Buhari ...
nationalmirroronline.net/new/clampdown-on-boko-haram... Cached

Sat Guru Maharaji Names Gen.Buhari, Atiku, Sultan of Sokoto ...
gistyinka.net/bombshell-exposed-sat-guru-maharaji-names.

Don’t blame Nigerian soldiers for Boko Haram – Buhari ...
enews.com.ng/...nigerian-soldiers-for-boko-haram-buhari

Boko Haram nominates Buhari, Monguno, others to negotiate ...
theeagleonline.com.ng/boko-haram-nominates-buhari... Cached\

Welcome to Vikta Paul Blog: Jonathan To Buhari: Stop Boko Haram

With Buhari, boko haram will end soon - Sanusi Lamido ..
www.naijacenter.com/politics/buhari-boko-haram-will-end.

Buhari, APC, the Northern Elites and Boko Haram: connecting ...
onatufe.com/2014/buhari-apc-the-northern-elites-and-boko...

Welcome to Omata's Blog : Buhari will end Boko Haram ...
www.omatablog.com/2014/12/buhari-will-end-boko-haram...

[Boko Haram] Buhari faults crackdown on Boko Haram
nigeriavillagesquare.com/.../83112-buhari...boko-haram.html

Welcome to Naija Gist: Buhari Has Links With Boko Haram – CAN
naijapluxgist..com/2013/06/buhari-has-links-with.

Buhari receives knock over stance on amnesty for Boko Haram ...
nigeriapoliticsonline.com/buhari-receives-knock-over.

Boko Haram Will Overrun Nigeria Except… – Buhari ...
drumbeatmagazine.com/2014/11/boko-haram-will...except-buhari
Boko Haram wants talks …picks buhari as mediator, Saudi Arabia venue …demands ex-gov’s arrest, compensation

Buhari Vidoes on certificate
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by bigfrancis21: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by IBROHIM: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
It's a good development!! Let the TANoids console themselves with false hope so that they can eat! They need the strength to cry after the elections!
Meanwhile
GMB/ Osibanjo till Jonathan says ' SAI BUHARI'!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Dewze(m): 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
b1327:
dearie this is not about gej but is about changing d party "pdp" cos we all knw dey both dsame.
So vote for buhari.
Vote change
Cos am sure u don't want 2 stay in 1 spot for ever.

I am sure he does not want to remain in one place, but he wants to move forward ,even if slutfully, and not backward. I do not believe that Buhari, at his age, can contain Tinubu, Atiku and Ameachi after they get up there.

Note:
I do stand strongly by this; who or whatever the people want, they should be allowed to have and nothing or no one else should be forced on them. If the people want GMB, GEJ should not be forced on them. If the people want GEJ, GMB should not be forced on them. This is Dewz's political stance.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by bigfrancis21: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

- "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them."

- "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

So what's necessary? - A DARN CHANGE AND A NEW APPROACH. And if that fails, you request another change in four years' time - and continue till the country gets it right.

How sure can you be that Buhari is the much anticipated change you talk about? We're not looking at somebody here who is a novice in the Nigerian Government. How outstanding can you say his government was during his past governmental rule?

The truth of the matter is Buhari and his vice presidential candidate are no better candidates for the Nigerian Government. Jonathan's government might have recorded some negatives, in addition to several positives, but at this point Buhari seems no better than Jonathan. Much of the problems easily attributed to Jonathan's government were inherited by him when he arrived, some were there right from Buhari's time. What long-term measures did Buhari put in place to solve these problems such as eradicating poor power supply, constructing long-lasting road networks in the country, e.t.c? Nothing. If past leaders such as Buhari truly had Nigeria at heart, they would have instituted long-term measures and steps to ensure that certain inherent Nigerian problems would be solved, even though not immediately but gradually upon successive governments to come. But he did absolutely nothing, no different from what his predecessors had done. Jonathan shouldn't be judged any differently.

Despite boko haram and other negatives, Jonathan has actually recorded more positives during his time than Buhari did.

Buhari and his party are mainly interested in the game of regional politics and only want power to return to the North, and are clearly doing a good job at masking their intentions under so-called "Nigeria's interest" and empty promises of a 'better government' by hinging on 'Jonathan's negatives'. Jonathan should continue until Nigeria is ready to field more qualified and better candidates to handle Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by LogicPower(m): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
PDP is resorting to all sorts of frauds and deceits as a crushing electoral defeats stares them and their clueless candidate in the face:

1. The Onitsha-born Igbo guy, Jideofor Adibe, who spewed this trash has never hidden his dislike and fear for a Buhari presidency.

2. As someone not comfortable with the presidency of Buhari, Ojideofor reecently wrote an article critical of Buhari which drew widespread criticisms from numerous of his blog readers.

3. This same unpatriotic Onitsha-born guy drew so much criticism again in 2011 when he was found out as deceptively campaigning for an IBB presidency, only for him to offer a weak denial when the heat was too much for him.

4. In fact this same guy has been so critical of Buhari that his 'predictions' about GEJ beating Buhari are nothing but reflections of his wishful thinking and day-dreaming.

5. Adibe's thinking and views often mirror a pathetic personality crisis; on the one hand, he wants to appear as a progressive academic, but on the other, he is often found out admiring one corrupt member of the cabal or another.

6. This is why he recently went as far as ridiculing himself and belittling his academic status by re-echoing the clueless comment by GEJ that corruption is not the problem of Nigeria.

7. So only the gullible and the uninformed would fall for this latest display of desperation by the PDP; the smart among us would always know the difference between an election prediction that is hinged on solid, impartial analysis of all the factors and a watery, swishy-washy job that was designed by a highly biased individual with the sole purpose of achieving a hidden, narrow and partisan agenda!
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Alezy(m): 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
D9ty7:

You have how many PVC if I may ask? Your vote is equals to one in case you don't know.
Mind you, we are in Nigeria, how sure are you that your one vote will count?
You should grow up and talk about yourself and not everybody.
GMB always wins when it comes to social media. Most ppl here dnt even have Pvc.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Niwdog:
By the special grace of God

Gej wil retain that seat til 2019 before a northerner from middle belt wil take over

MODIFIED
Thank God i'm FTC shows that GEJ wil come first come febuary

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by adeoladele(m): 4:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
Liar

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
adeoladele:
Liar
Why are u frustrated
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Krisddon: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
johnmartus:
You are a liar
No, you're simply an unbeliever!
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by phiszo(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ladybianca:

Yes I did, do u ve a prob with dat
Or u ve a better opinion/candidate
give me reasons why you think gej is credible.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by 9jaIhail(m): 4:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
[b]
Splashme:
[b]Describes APC as a fragile anti-Jonathan setup

BROOKINGS, the world’s most influential think-tank based in the United States, have projected President Goodluck Jonathan’s victory over the opposition candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, in the February presidential election, which it suggests would be keenly contested.

The analysis, context and rationale of the think-tank’s projections were contained in the Brookings publication entitled: Foresight Africa – Top Priorities for the continent (January 2015).

Though the election is expected to be very competitive, the odds still favour President Jonathan.”

According to Brookings, the All Progressives Congress (APC) is a fragile anti-Jonathan establishment with a sole purpose to return power to the north.

“The party is, however, a fragile one that seems united only in its quest to wrest the presidency from Jonathan or to have power “returned” to the north.”

[b]“[b][b]The APC gets much of its strength from tapping into anti-Jonathan sentiments in the Muslim north and grievances among the Yoruba who feel that the Jonathan administration has ignored them in key political appointments.
”[/b]
[/b]
[/b]
The report also indicated that “the APC’s strategy is hinged on a combination of popular votes from the North-West, North-East and “the battleground South-West” but also hinted at the possibility of Bola Ahmed Tinubu not delivering the region contrary to speculations.

“What remains to be seen, however, is whether Bola Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State who played a pivotal role in the formation of the APC and is considered to be the party’s strongest mobiliser in the South-West, will be very enthusiastic in delivering the battleground South-West to the APC during the elections.”

“Tinubu indicated his interest in being the party’s vice presidential candidate but being a Muslim like Buhari, the party’s strategists felt that a Muslim-Muslim ticket might offend Christians and cement the PDP’s labelling of the APC as an Islamic party.”

[/size]On President Jonathan’s performance: “despite Boko Haram, the country is thriving: The economy continues to grow and with the re-basing of its GDP, became the largest economy in Africa and the 26th largest in the world. Jonathan’s supporters also point to his success in containing the Ebola virus, which earned him commendations from countries and institutions around the world.”

The Brookings report also identified factors such as incumbency and numerical control of states where PDP has 21 states and APC only 14 as giving PDP an edge.

“The greatest strength of the ruling PDP is its “power of incumbency,” and all the institutional support that goes with it. Not only does it have federal resources to use as patronage, it also controls key institutions.”

The report advised that all efforts should be deployed to ensure a free, fair and transparent elections and to avoid a meltdown as post-election violence seems very likely.

Post-election violence is therefore likely in the north if the APC loses while renewed militancy in the restive Niger Delta is likely if Jonathan does,” the report noted.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/27083-apc-is-a-fragile-anti-jonathan-setup-brookings
[/b][/b]

The bolded part in red color has been my disagreement over this sudden clamor for change masterminded by yorubas . Our lagos bred igbos who think they are fighting for change need to read the bolded red part in this article and redirect their steps. Yorubas are using you lot to reclaim their lost destiny in Nigeria polity. When they succeeded through your help, they will be first to call you fourth class citizen this time no more third class. He who chased him/herself out of bed shouldn't blame anyone for lack of adequate sleep.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dewze:

I am sure he does not want to remain in one place, but he wants to move forward ,even if slutfully, and not backward. I do not believe that Buhari, at his age, can contain Tinubu, Atiku and Ameachi after they get up there.

Note:
I do stand strongly by this; who or whatever the people want, they should be allowed to have and nothing or no one else should be forced on them. If the people want GMB, GEJ should not be forced on them. If the people want GEJ, GMB should not be forced on them. This is Dewz's political stance.
hmmmm what u wrote is true and it make sense but remember 2 driver can't drive a car at once.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Objektive: 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
YEAH, THAT IS WHY YOU ARE BEING PROGRAMMED TO KILL WHEN BUHARI LOSSES.

thegoodone2:
its difficult to belive but GEJ will retain the postion.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by Rajiolaade: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
Splashme:
Describes APC as a fragile anti-Jonathan setup

“The APC gets much of its strength from tapping into anti-Jonathan sentiments in the Muslim north and grievances among the Yoruba who feel that the Jonathan administration has ignored them in key political appointments.”

analysis& points look like campainging for pdp.get down proper among d masses ull know people are fed up with pdp,its not tinubu, religion or anti GEJ its about CHANGE.APC LL WIN by veryyyyyyyyyyy...... Wide margin IJN.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by donemperor: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Guidette:
WHY JONATHAN CANT WIN IN 2015
1. He has maligned the core north of Hausa and Fulani labelling them as power hungry. I can see 90% of them voting for APC.

2. He and his cronies have castigated all muslims in Nigeria and enveloped them as blood sucking terrorists. Meanwhile roughly half of the country is Muslim. I see 95% of of them voting for APC.

3. He and his followers then decided to become dumbasses of the century by focusing on rotten smear tactics that have reached a new low. I can see more than 99% of reasonable, literate and intelligent people voting for APC.

4. On a whole Jonathan has underperformed and destroyed critical areas of Nigeria in terms of economy, security, infrastructure,etc. I see patriotic and well meaning Nigerians voting 100% for APC.

Now tell me how Jonathan can win the election.

Sai Buhari!!!
Correct!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by BraniacX(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

And what is new about buhari, tinubu, amaechi, okorocha, saraki et al?
My guy compose a newer jingle abeg.
Re: Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings by thegoodone2(m): 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Objektive:
YEAH, THAT IS WHY YOU ARE BEING PROGRAMMED TO KILL WHEN BUHARI LOSSES.

are u okay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki Bends For Old Women During A Condolence Visit In Kwara.photo / Moves To Oust Fayose Before May 29 Thickens / "Buhari Pity Us In 2017" - Nigerians Beg Buhari On Twitter [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.