Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,073 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:26 AM

Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. (4105 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 / OAU Admission For 2012/2013 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by olachy: 7:29am On Dec 22, 2008
Hey house, I need your help on a list of good schools in the UK, Scotland, thereabout where they accept students to their masters Deg programme with a 2.2 bachelors deg,
pls note that the emphasis is on "good schools",
thanks a lot, grin
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by skolars(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2008
the question is ?which uni did u go?is it recognized by the said UK? well in Nigeria we universities take 2.7 and above but u can simple go for PGD for ur own good thanks
08037633338 for more info
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by olachy: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2008
@ skolars, yes my uni is very well recognzed in the UK, im not interestd in a PGD, im interested in a masters Deg, any other info guys,pls holla,
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by skolars(m): 9:59am On Dec 22, 2008
well all i know is that in the whole world, uni takes 2.5 generally
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by BOSS7: 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2008
@ poster

Most universities would accept you with a 2:2 in the UK and I mean even the very prestigious ones (because I worked in the education sector with a couple of top universities).

I could help you find out more but it all depends on the degree course you want to study. To be honest as you'll be paying three times the home students, they have no issue admitting you to their courses.
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by olachy: 7:07am On Dec 23, 2008
skolars-u r very misinformed,
Boss-im thinkn of somethn along the lines of HRD or HRM, international business/relations or smthn along that line, I went to a nigerian university by the way, i really do need info,
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by fstranger: 7:45am On Dec 23, 2008
skolars:

well all i know is that in the whole world, uni takes 2.5 generally

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by olachy: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
fstranger, help me tell him oh, he's clueless,
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by BOSS7: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
olachy:

Boss-I'm thinkn of somethn along the lines of HRD or HRM, international business/relations or smthn along that line, I went to a nigerian university by the way, i really do need info,

Right, I know for sure that you could gain admission into the redbrick universities (i.e. the main prestigious ones to study International Relations as one of my friends from Nigeria came over to do the same thing and he got in with a 2:2. I'm sorry I don't know what HRD or HRM stands for.

More so, so far you're coming from Nigeria (or overseas generally), cash is the main issue. As you'll be paying quadruple what the home students would be paying, universities are not that bothered really. You could as well check the websites of the universities you are interested in and the course requirements are always there and they'll tell you the grades they require.

Most Masters degree don't require less than a secnd class (regardless of upper or lower) anyway as onc you fulfil this requirement, you're good. But if you want to go for MSc by research, then you require an upper second class grade to get in.

Mail me if you need more help,

spider.kk@hotmail.co.uk

Good Luck.
Re: Universities In The Uk Where You Can Get Admission For A Masters Deg With A 2.2. by olachy: 7:15am On Dec 24, 2008
boss, ur the bomb, cheers love,
HRD-HUMAN RSC, thnks a whole lot, ama do that,

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Pulls Out Of ASUU To Write 2nd Semester Examination / Photo: This Is The Reason Why Some People Fail In Their Exams And Repeat Class. / Photos: See What They Did To A Student After He Graduated From Kogi State Uni.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.