Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop (5464 Views)

Android Xposed Framework, Roms And Mods Mtk And Qualcomm Only Come Inside / Download PES 2016 PSP ISO File On Android / Transform Your Android Into A UI customized Smartphone.(Xposed Framework) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Mogten(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Lollipop brings a huge amount of visual and backend changes with it; the switch from Dalvik to ART runtime being one of the biggest of them. Months after its release, one particular change has left many Android enthusiasts in a limbo - whether to upgrade to Lollipop or not; because their beloved Xposed framework doesn't support ART and supposedly won't for a long time.

Xposed Framework enables all kinds of customization allowing Android users to enhance the look or add features to their device, without touching the original system files or APKs. It uses modules that run on memory. Therefore, any changes made can be removed easily by simply disabling the modules and rebooting. No need flashing ROMs just to get a new feature to work.

Xposed modules such as Xposed Additions comes with a configuration option to allow remapping of hardware button, reset the duration of long-press action, set device awake/sleep state when USB is plugged in/out.

GravityBox, targeted at Android version 4.1+, is an all-in-one module that provides a large range of mods.

Wanam Kit helps us customize our Android 4.4 with features for status bars, sound, lock screen, system, phone, security and more.

With the help of the BootManager, we can choose the app we want to prevent running upon system startup. This help to reduce slow booting times.

XuiMod spots compilations of features ported from other ROMs packed into one mod.

DynamicNotifications lights up our Android device screen discreetly to show notifications without unlocking the lock screen.

XPrivacy helps us restrict access to certain app permissions to prevent leaking of privacy sensitive data.

Android Phone Vibrator allows our Android phone to vibrate whenever a call is connected or disconnected upon calling.

XBlast Tools. Xblast Tools has a huge range of features for you to customize your Android device in any way that you want. The packed user interface lets users apply changes quickly.

Tinted Status Bar. Change status bar color to match the current active app. Can be edited manually too.

App Settings. This module allows you to change per-app generic settings such as DPI, rotation, app behavior, full-screen etc.

Instagram Downloader. Add download features to the official Instagram app (to download Instagram photos and videos).

All Notification Expanded. Automatically expand all notifications for Android device running 4.1 and above.

The above modules among others, are the most missed features on the Lollipop platform... And the reason why we need the Xposed Framework on Lollipop ASAP. Rovo89, please do something, and fast! LOL.

1 Like

Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Joshkid(m): 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nt really getting ur point...Is Xposed framework nt working on lollipop??
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Julius262(m): 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Guys can u help me with a solution on this matter? Amy Gravity Box is not opening....

I'm using Infinix Zero (8+1)

This is the reply I get each time I want to open it.

Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by nani667: 4:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Joshkid:
Nt really getting ur point...Is Xposed framework nt working on lollipop??

Nope... Xposed Framework isn't compatible with Art Runtime at the moment...
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
this is the only thing i miss so much.. i find myself constantly everyday checking on the dev to know when the code finally gets re written for art runtime.. But xposed on lollipop would be the greatest news for me... although i am already using proxies to get most of my xposed installer services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Joshkid(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
nani667:

Nope... Xposed Framework isn't compatible with Art Runtime at the moment...
Hoe kay
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Mogten(m): 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Julius262:
Guys can u help me with a solution on this matter? Amy Gravity Box is not opening....

Try installing another module alongside it. Installing wanam Xposed does it for me... I'm assuming ure on kk
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Mogten(m): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
deejayharry1:
this is the only thing i miss so much.. i find myself constantly everyday checking on the dev to know when the code finally gets re written for art runtime.. But xposed on lollipop would be the greatest news for me... although i am already using proxies to get most of my xposed installer services
Not only you bro. There's not a moment I log in to XDA that I do not check whether Rovo89 surprised us. BTW, do you have any alternative app to "app settings" module? I had to downgrade back to KitKat 4.4.4 for the sole reason.
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Julius262(m): 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mogten:

Try installing another module alongside it. Installing wanam Xposed does it for me... I'm assuming ure on kk
Yeah bro. K.K 4.4.2

I have "Wanam" already. This one sef no show any changes. Na only Xstana don work sef
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by blaquemyc: 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
Same here, as time i log in to xda, i check to see if rovo89 has done something about it, still patiently waiting
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by ITbomb(m): 8:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
If they can't do it then someone would come up with Android Lollipop Plus

1 Like

Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Carlcaresophia: 8:10am On Jan 21, 2015
Julius262:

Hi! You can try to delete your GravityBox and download another version of it. Thank you!
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by Julius262(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Carlcaresophia:
Hi! You can try to delete your GravityBox and download another version of it. Thank you!

Thanks buddy. I will try it and give u feed back
Re: Xposed Framework: The Most Missed Feature On Android Lollipop by MaxGraviton: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
Julius262:

Just move Closer installer and the Gravitybox app to internal Memory.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Using Infinix Hot Note 3..come In Help Needed Urgently / Ever Successfully Unlinked A Number From Your NIN? / This Guy Stole My Phone And He Is Using It..how Do I Track Him Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.