Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem (1832 Views)

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Power Steering Issues: Tips On How To Fix It / Help!!! Honda Accord 2009 Timing Belt Always Cutting. Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by nervorum: 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hi everyone,
i drive a 96 model honda accord aka academy.

My power steering is leaking seriously.i have to top it daily before driving out. I also noticed the leak is worse on turning the wheels to either extreme.

I had my mechanic change the power steering, it appeared okay on d first day n then got bad again.

Now my mechanic suggests i change the steering rack.

Pls shld i do as the mechanic adviced or what might d solution be. Pls house, guide me.

Thanks.
Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by AutosBay(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
Go with the advice of your mechanic but please ensure the feed line and the flare of the pipe is properly tightened at the threads.
Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by nervorum: 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
AutosBay:
Go with the advice of your mechanic but please ensure the feed line and the flare of the pipe is properly tightened at the threads.

Thanks boss.
Even though i do not knw wat the bolded are (not a techy), will try to ensure that.

Appreciate.
Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by Piyke: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
Have you been able to get a visual on where the pump is leaking from?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by nervorum: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2015
Piyke:
Have you been able to get a visual on where the pump is leaking from?

Not exactly sir.

Just relying on the mechs assessment.

Why did you ask? If i visually locate the leak point, can smthn be done? Also Remember its been worked on before without sucx.
Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by Piyke: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
nervorum:

Not exactly sir.

Just relying on the mechs assessment.

Why did you ask? If i visually locate the leak point, can smthn be done? Also Remember its been worked on before without sucx.

You should find where it is leaking from as this would show what is responsible. I have had leaks before and fixed them by locating the leak and doing the needful. Note that you can have a leak from the junctions between the metal return lines and the rubber hose...an example. you may just need to tighten a clamp. Also check for cracks on the high pressure line (the fat pipe leaving the PS pump, trace it to where it joins a metal pipe).

To solve the leaks I've had over the years I have had to:
1. Replace inlet o-ring
2. Replace seals inside the pump (here, the leak was from the pump itself)
3. Tighten a clamp between the metal return line and rubber hose (you may need to remove the right front wheel; one of the junctions can be seen from there)
4. Replace the high pressure line.
Note that these were done at different times!

NB: Changing the pump without knowing where the leak is coming from is not wise. I seriously doubt the capacity off your mechanic as any sensible person trying to tackle a leak will first find the source of the leak.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by nervorum: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Piyke:

You should find where it is leaking from as this would show what is responsible. I have had leaks before and fixed them by locating the leak and doing the needful. Note that you can have a leak from the junctions between the metal return lines and the rubber hose...an example. you may just need to tighten a clamp. Also check for cracks on the high pressure line (the fat pipe leaving the PS pump, trace it to where it joins a metal pipe).

To solve the leaks I've had over the years I have had to:
1. Replace inlet o-ring
2. Replace seals inside the pump (here, the leak was from the pump itself)
3. Tighten a clamp between the metal return line and rubber hose (you may need to remove the right front wheel; one of the junctions can be seen from there)
4. Replace the high pressure line.
Note that these were done at different times!

NB: Changing the pump without knowing where the leak is coming from is not wise. I seriously doubt the capacity off your mechanic as any sensible person trying to tackle a leak will first find the source of the leak.

Thanks Piyke.

I will follow your counsel, even though im not exactly a techie, i can learn. will get anoda mech to chk with me using your guide. Will update.

Gratia mucho!
Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by doroboss(m): 2:22am On Jan 23, 2015
nervorum:

Thanks Piyke.

I will follow your counsel, even though im not exactly a techie, i can learn. [bwill get anoda mech to chk with me][/b] using your guide. Will update.

Gratia mucho!

Lazy car owner. So to bend down an look under a car nah work? Kazeems will have a filled day with you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem by nervorum: 10:24am On Jan 23, 2015
doroboss:

Lazy car owner. So to bend down an look under a car nah work? Kazeems will have a filled day with you.

bros doro, u harsh oo..maybe its not about laziness.maybe i just started driving a few months ago and not familiar with engine systems, maybe also i d'nt grow up with even a spoilt bicycle..ur blood just dey hot shaa..very soon i go dey teach 'kazeem' work

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

honda babyboy 4 sale #450,000 07060544321 osogbo(pics) / Should I Buy This Nigeria Made Car? / DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.