Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited (63134 Views)

Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test / Cardinal Stone 2015 Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test!!! / Exxonmobil 2015 Graduate /experienced Hire Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by seapson(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ok
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by economia: 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mattkent:
Okay we've heard!
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by fritxie101(m): 8:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Akalia:
I Applied for this pilot internship at Bristow Last year, unfortunately I didn't make it through because I hold a Higher National Diploma and not B.Sc. Some of you don't know how golden this opportunity is, a pilot career is among the top flight careers out there, yes it's a career with high class. Though It's a privilege to become a pilot but first it all starts with a passion for flying.
Please since u applied last year, d qualification isn't clear to me, so I was jus wondering if one need to have studied anytin related to aviation to scale thru d exercise. For starters can u jus teLl me ur field of study?pls and tnk you.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by spaceHAWK: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
Telvinsahpa:
Its well, all I know is the its given to somebody before it here

Don't say what you don't know so that people don't get discouraged. name one person that was given the job before the publication for vacancy came out in the past.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by skybird1: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
fritxie101:

Please since u applied last year, d qualification isn't clear to me, so I was jus wondering if one need to have studied anytin related to aviation to scale thru d exercise. For starters can u jus teLl me ur field of study?pls and tnk you.
They don't care if u studied Yoruba
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by kraftykc(m): 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

same thing puzzling me too

The reason they ask for a FIXED wing license is because converting pilots from fix to rotor is cheaper than training them from scratch. Only 100hrs is required by the FAA to add on ur fix wing license to convert it to heli, its so much cheaper than training from scratch which can cost up to $80,000.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
kraftykc:

The reason they ask for a FIXED wing license is because converting pilots from fix to rotor is cheaper than training them from scratch. Only 100hrs is required by the FAA to add on ur fix wing license to convert it to heli, its so much cheaper than training from scratch which can cost up to $80,000.
ok thanks, how much does it cost to get a ppl license in nigeria/abroad,i ve got a keen interest in flying.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Akalia(m): 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
fritxie101:

nah, u don't necessarily have to study a course related to aviation. What is required of you is your B.sc and NYSC discharge cert or letter of exemption. You must also have keen interest and passion for flying combined with some knowledge on aircrafts. I studied Micro-Biology.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by UGLYS: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
This shouldn't be on front page. So many unwarranted posts.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by ogiewanye(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nicur:
bro read am wel them talk Bsc OR the pilot qualification meaning if u don't have Bsc but have the pilot qualification you can apply, if you don't have pilot qualification but have Bsc you can apply! Naso me take understand am
U talk am well bro......that's exactly what the statement is...
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

ok thanks, how much does it cost to get a ppl license in nigeria/abroad,i ve got a keen interest in flying.

I wld estimate about 25K Usd. Thats cos of the exchange rate.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
smokes:

I wld estimate about 25K Usd. Thats cos of the exchange rate.
nagode sir
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by manny4life(m): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:

It varies... Could be anywhere from $9k to $14 even with the exchange rate and that may be inclusive of all the prerequisites such as medical, ground school, check ride and certification.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
manny4life:

It varies... Could be anywhere from $9k to $14 even with the exchange rate and that may be inclusive of all the prerequisites such as medical, ground school, check ride and certification.

For fixed wing , maybe yes, but for Heli's. It aint happening with even 20k USD. last i was there, an hour cost $300 and the average person gets to between 55-60 hrs, next is the ground sch, depends on ur aptitude, u can spend close to 1500 on that alone, then the test was about 500 bucks and thats if u pass once, if u have to redo the test, u paying another fee, then theres the medical , written exams , books, rent and maybe u wld be needing a car cos most airports are outta town , so if u factor all that in , you wld be spending a while lot more than 25k USD.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by manny4life(m): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
Here is a sample breakdown of a PPL depending on the following

Location: FL is the center of flight training and that's because they have a very warm weather all year round. Therefore, there's more competition with lower rates.

Availability: How soon do you want to start and how soon do you want to finish? FAA mandates at least 40 hrs but you can wrap up in 50 hrs or less.

Type of airplane? Glass cockpit? That affects the rental rate and the instructor who teaches you. Ranges from $90 to $170/hr

Instructor: Is your instructor very well experience or is he / she just a recent graduate. The experienced folks are more expensive. Ranges from $55 to $90/hr
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by manny4life(m): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2015
smokes:

For fixed wing , maybe yes, but for Heli's. It aint happening with even 20k USD. last i was there, an hour cost $300 and the average person gets to between 55-60 hrs, next is the ground sch, depends on ur aptitude, u can spend close to 1500 on that alone, then the test was about 500 bucks and thats if u pass once, if u have to redo the test, u paying another fee, then theres the medical , written exams , books, rent and maybe u wld be needing a car cos most airports are outta town , so if u factor all that in , you wld be spending a while lot more than 25k USD.

Oh, it's for heli... Got it, I thought he was asking for fixed wing.. Never mind then. Although even at that, one must shop around. Spending $25k on PPL is too expensive. If you spend $25k on PPL, what will you do to when it comes to a CPL that requires a lot of hours? I still think anyone with the right mind can achieve that regardless. Rotor wing may be more expensive than fixed wing, but the approach is the same anyway.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
manny4life:

Oh, it's for heli... Got it, I thought he was asking for fixed wing.. Never mind then. Although even at that, one must shop around. Spending $25k on PPL is too expensive. If you spend $25k on PPL, what will you do to when it comes to a CPL that requires a lot of hours? I still think anyone with the right mind can achieve that regardless. Rotor wing may be more expensive than fixed wing, but the approach is the same anyway.

Not to sound rude but are you a pilot?
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by manny4life(m): 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
smokes:

Not to sound rude but are you a pilot?

Yes, from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, though not a career pilot.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by manny4life(m): 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Any more question for me? Feel free to ask.. Oh btw, I was at the Daytona Beach, FL Campus.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by UnimkeAk(m): 11:23pm On Jan 20, 2015
Akalia:
I Applied for this pilot internship at Bristow Last year, unfortunately I didn't make it through because I hold a Higher National Diploma and not B.Sc. Some of you don't know how golden this opportunity is, a pilot career is among the top flight careers out there, yes it's a career with high class. Though It's a privilege to become a pilot but first it all starts with a passion for flying.

Yea like we don't know.

Abeg borrow me your commercial pilot license CPL
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
manny4life:

Yes, from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, though not a career pilot.

Okay, then you should know having attended a top tier institution that cost an arm and a leg that the worst thing that can happen to anyone is going for pilots training and not being able to finish it cos you under estimated the cost, its best you dont start at all.

Not to discourage anyone aspiring to go for the training but its best to be ready financially.

The last dude i know of , spent close to 20k usd for helicopter PPL and he didnt pay rent, hire a car & he finished in 56 hours, and that was last year OCT, so when i say 25k usd, im being conservative, people have spent more having fallen into the wrong hands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Of Oil And Gas,Bonny Recruitment 2015 (over 50) / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Lagos State Neighbourhood Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.