Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,587 members, 7,801,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2291068 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1086) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
presidentpikin:
Thank you so much for your insight...... Please advice which other way I can apply for visiting visa I appreciate your response.

Unless you have family members here who are citizens and can file for you, you'll never step foot in canada. Legally any way.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tee12345(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
presidentpikin:
Thank you so much for your insight...... Please advice which other way I can apply for visiting visa I appreciate your response.

You have to be convincing regarding the exam you want to go write. Convince yourself its key to improving yourself. Then you must convince the VO through the documents you must file.

Anyone can get a visa as long as you show enough proof of genuine intention to return after you have concluded your purpose for visiting and also, ability to incur cost.

NB: To work in Canada, you need a work visa.
Also, VOs are trained to identify people with ulterior intentions.

If you get a visit visa, don't violate the terms. Instead with careful planning, and time....you might end up getting PR. Remember, a larger % of Canadians today are immigrants who have naturalized. So, just observe the rules, plan and then go for it.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
tee12345:

You have to be convincing regarding the exam you want to go write. Convince yourself its key to improving yourself. Then you must convince the VO through the documents you must file.

Anyone can get a visa as long as you show enough proof of genuine intention to return after you have concluded your purpose for visiting and also, ability to incur cost.

NB: To work in Canada, you need a work visa.
Also, VOs are trained to identify people with ulterior intentions.

If you get a visit visa, don't violate the terms. Instead with careful planning, and time....you might end up getting PR. Remember, a larger % of Canadians today are immigrants who have naturalized. So, just observe the rules, plan and then go for it.

They will ask him to exit the embassy within 1 minute of hearing his insulting story. I even noticed his nonsense story and called him out on it, and I'm not even trained to catch nonsense stories like the people at the embassy. You are giving him false hope. Lastly not everyone can get a visa only a selective few. unfortunately he'll most likely never end up in canada realistically.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by roblance: 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
maternal:

They will ask him to exit the embassy within 1 minute of hearing his insulting story. I even noticed his nonsense story and called him out on it, and I'm not even trained to catch nonsense stories like the people at the embassy. You are giving him false hope. Lastly not everyone can get a visa only a selective few. unfortunately he'll most likely never end up in canada realistically.

bro, cool down o. no discourage him nah. Everything is by Grace. have seen someone with just 700k SOA been given a visa and someone with 5m getting bleeped up. Just let him try, His destiny is different from others.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tee12345(m): 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
maternal:

Well it will be fun to have you eat your words if he gets a visit visa to Canada.

Why are you so hard on the guy anyway?

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
Jimmywest:

@maternal: pls do u have any info about Welding job in Canada? i intend working in Canada as a Welder. pls, what are the chances for a Nigerian getting a Welding Job in Canada?

i am patiently awaiting your response.

thanks bro
This is one of my areas of expertise. Welding as a trade is heavily regulated in Canada. No one wants an exploding pressure vessel or collapsing structures. The government and employer apprenticeship scheme takes at least 3 years of learning on the job (under a journeyman)+schooling.

Do you have city and guild qualifications in welding? Are you a journeyman welder from the EU or USA? If yes, then you can apply for express entry, then challenge your qualifications by sitting for the red seal exam once you are on ground in canada.

Without that you can't practice as a welder in Canada. The government also doesn't give visa to start apprenticeship in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
roblance:

bro, cool down o. no discourage him nah. Everything is by Grace. have seen someone with just 700k SOA been given a visa and someone with 5m getting bleeped up. Just let him try, His destiny is different from others.

Nobody plays that my destiny is different here scheme or "na god". Even if the man at the embassy wants to give him a visa he can't under the reason he wants to enter. There are rules and laws which must be followed. furthermore they will call the academic institution directly. Forget god, it will not work Simple.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 11:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
tee12345:

Well it will be fun to have you eat your words if he gets a visit visa to Canada.

Why are you so hard on the guy anyway?

Lol. Canada is not a banana republic. Me as a full fledge citizen, has a career job, owns his own home/car, etc applied to sponsor my cousin here through a special program. Even meeting the financial requirements, signing documents to support him financially, pay taxes on his behalf, and pay any medical coverage on his half his file got rejected. After taking the case to court and having a local mp support my case, his file is now open once again and it seems by god's grace he'll be here in 6 months or so.

This is after 2 years, thousands on lawyer fees, me sponsoring him as a citizen, etc. And you think some man will walk to the embassy, tell one fairy tale story about coming to do a 1 day exam in canada and they'll give him visa ? Abeg let him get a visa so I can sue the government. After he gets denied for lying they'll definitely give him a 10 or so bam for applying for a visa and keep his name in their system. He's better off not trying my friend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adebasket97: 11:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
@maternal check your mail bro. kindly reply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jimmywest(m): 12:24am On Jan 25, 2015
saxywale:

This is one of my areas of expertise. Welding as a trade is heavily regulated in Canada. No one wants an exploding pressure vessel or collapsing structures. The government and employer apprenticeship scheme takes at least 3 years of learning on the job (under a journeyman)+schooling.

Do you have city and guild qualifications in welding? Are you a journeyman welder from the EU or USA? If yes, then you can apply for express entry, then challenge your qualifications by sitting for the red seal exam once you are on ground in canada.

Without that you can't practice as a welder in Canada. The government also doesn't give visa to start apprenticeship in Canada.

thank you very much bro. the problem is that i dont have any qualification in welding.
i learnt welding skills from my father when i was staying him because he's a professional welder.

i would be very grateful if anybody in this forum could recommend any welding school in canada where i could get necessary welding qualifications needed.

@saxywale: pls expantiate more about the bolded part. is there anyway or link to that effect where i could apply for that scheme?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jimmywest(m): 12:28am On Jan 25, 2015
saxywale:

thank you very much bro. the problem is that i dont have any qualification in welding.
i learnt welding skills from my father when i was staying him because he's a professional welder.

i would be very grateful if anybody in this forum could recommend any welding school in canada where i could get necessary welding qualifications needed.

@saxywale: pls expantiate more about the bolded part. is there anyway or link to that effect where i could apply for that scheme?

gracias......
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 25, 2015
Jimmywest:

i would be very grateful if anybody in this forum could recommend any welding school in Canada where i could get necessary welding qualifications needed.

gracias......
If you don't have any recognized qualification in welding with the appropriate transferable experience, then there is no way you would be able to work as a welder or get a welding job in Canada.

What the bolded part means is that welding is a trade and you have to find an employer who would be ready to indenture you i.e sign you on to train under a journeyman. Then you learn for on the job as a year 1, 2 and 3 welding apprentice where you would be given a book by the government to register your hours worked, You would be also required to attend a technical college/polytechnic full-time for around 4 months a year.

After completing the required hours, you become a journeyman welder. With that ticket, if you get a welding truck(with stick, mig and tig equipment) like the ones in the pic below, then you can say hello to $100/hour in Canada!

But the problem is, the government would only take a permanent resident or citizen on an apprenticeship scheme. Your option is to hae a recognized qualification from outside Canada, then apply for express entry.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:49am On Jan 25, 2015
saxywale:

If you don't have any recognized qualification in welding with the appropriate transferable experience, then there is no way you would be able to work as a welder or get a welding job in Canada.

What the bolded part means is that welding is a trade and you have to find an employer who would be ready to indenture you i.e sign you on to train under a journeyman. Then you learn for on the job as a year 1, 2 and 3 welding apprentice where you would be given a book by the government to register your hours worked, You would be also required to attend a technical college/polytechnic full-time for around 4 months a year.

After completing the required hours, you become a journeyman welder. With that ticket, if you get a welding truck(with stick, mig and tig equipment) like the ones in the pic below, then you can say hello to $100/hour in Canada!

But the problem is, the government would only take a permanent resident or citizen on an apprenticeship scheme. Your option is to hae a recognized qualification from outside Canada, then apply for express entry.

You work on the oil fields I assume ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 25, 2015
maternal:

You work on the oil fields I assume ?
In Quality control/inspection. Welders hate inspectors lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jimmywest(m): 6:51am On Jan 25, 2015
saxywale:

thank you very much for your enlightenment.

Sir, i would be very grateful if you could please send me a private message on DELETED i still have one or two questions to ask.

thanking you in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 7:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Jimmywest:

thank you very much for your enlightenment.

Sir, i would be very grateful if you could please send me a private message on DELETED i still have one or two questions to ask.

thanking you in advance

I hate it when people do that, saxywale took his time to give you a detailed honest answer which will help other people as well but now you want private chat rather than keeping it open?

20 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gab4u: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2015
Am so happy to see this thread

Well I intend applying for a Canada tourist visa... And below is the documents I intend submitting

My passport
Bank statement
My travel plans
My Cac certificate
My tax document
My land document
Letter of introduction
My hotel booking

Am 30yrs and not married, am into entertainment, have an Audio and video studio

I don't plan using an agent, hope am good to go?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by x2lambo(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2015
aceblaizer:

do you have particular state in Canada you are going to?
no state in particular
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by presidentpikin: 10:59am On Jan 25, 2015
maternal:

Lol. Canada is not a banana republic. Me as a full fledge citizen, has a career job, owns his own home/car, etc applied to sponsor my cousin here through a special program. Even meeting the financial requirements, signing documents to support him financially, pay taxes on his behalf, and pay any medical coverage on his half his file got rejected. After taking the case to court and having a local mp support my case, his file is now open once again and it seems by god's grace he'll be here in 6 months or so.

This is after 2 years, thousands on lawyer fees, me sponsoring him as a citizen, etc. And you think some man will walk to the embassy, tell one fairy tale story about coming to do a 1 day exam in canada and they'll give him visa ? Abeg let him get a visa so I can sue the government. After he gets denied for lying they'll definitely give him a 10 or so bam for applying for a visa and keep his name in their system. He's better off not trying my friend.
I now understand your pains but nevertheless we can not overruled GOD in every thing we do...Thank you so much for your advice but I will not be discourage in as much I am not loosing anything I will give it a try and I believe in GOD I will come to share my testimony....once again thank for igniting the fire in me.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by presidentpikin: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2015
roblance:

Thank you brother..... People forget so easily the power of Grace inasmuch he is not the VO I shall come out with testimony of Grace fr people like that believe in GOD the power of Grace will meet us at a point that we are weak.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eloride: 3:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
gab4u:

Well I intend applying for a Canada tourist visa... And below is the documents I intend submitting

My passport
Bank statement
My travel plans
My Cac certificate
My tax document
My land document
Letter of introduction
My hotel booking

Make una answer this man, I have that same question too

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
gab4u:

My passport
Bank statement
My travel plans
My Cac certificate
My tax document
My land document
Letter of introduction
My hotel booking

use an agent to be on the safe side. To get a tourist visa from naija you usually need to know someone here (family member) who's a citizen and is filing on your behalf or a really big boy. They won't just give an ordinary person there a visa like that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
maternal:

use an agent to be on the safe side. To get a tourist visa from naija you usually need to know someone here (family member) who's a citizen and is filing on your behalf or a really big boy. They won't just give an ordinary person there a visa like that.

What do you think an agent will do for him that will make any difference if he is not qualified or have family member in Canada?

23 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gab4u: 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
maternal:

Must i have a family memeber before i can get a canada visa?

Or will an agent provide me with a family member?

13 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 6:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
justwise:

What do that an agent will do for him that will make any difference if he is not qualified or have family member in Canada?

They'd have more knowledge overal. I don't know if he or she is qualified or not.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
maternal:

They'd have more knowledge overal. I don't know if he or she is qualified or not.

He will only be wasting his money and likely to be given fake letter of invitation and other forged documents.

15 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 8:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
Hello guys, I will like to make contacts of Nairalanders in Canada here. I recently applied for tourism visa to Canada but still waiting for TRV to come out, l need someone that can help with cheap accommodation and any menial job for just 3months stay in Canada.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Bostin:
Hello guys, I will like to make contacts of Nairalanders in Canada here. I recently applied for tourism visa to Canada but still waiting for TRV to come out, l need someone that can help with cheap accommodation and any [b]menial job for just 3months [/b]stay in Canada.
you want to work on a visit visa.... shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dynamitehimself(m): 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
@maternal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NaijaCanadian: 1:01am On Jan 26, 2015
hey bro, im in canada.. you need any help/or advise??

Bostin:
Hello guys, I will like to make contacts of Nairalanders in Canada here. I recently applied for tourism visa to Canada but still waiting for TRV to come out, l need someone that can help with cheap accommodation and any menial job for just 3months stay in Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NaijaCanadian: 1:03am On Jan 26, 2015
my brother, i didnt use any agent, and i landed in Canada! but if u have the money for the expensive and outrageous fee they always demand, then be my guest.

eloride:

Make una answer this man, I have that same question too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maternal: 2:22am On Jan 26, 2015
Dynamitehimself:
@maternal. A friend is helping me out with a conference visa for canada and i want to know my chances of survival.Because right here in Nigeria i earn 80-90k per month but spends almost 20k+ on tansport alone u can imagine the rest.so i want something better.he said i will be given a 3 months or 6 months visa but i don't plan coming back to be frank with u.i am being so real and raw about the whole thing to enable u advice according.i have a degree certificate as well as HSE professional certificate which i know might not have much value there.i also have skills in music.i play sax,keyboard(not much of a proffesional sha) and i am a very good vocalist A1.i want to know my chances of survival and also i want to know if i can make my stay legal within a short.how much do people make out there playing sax and music stuff.is it lucrative out dere. Plz i wouldnt mind an accelerated response from anyoda person with good answers thank.

I can't give you advice because it'd require breaking the law and I don't know if this board encourages such. How old are you ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (1086) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: angie88, AWonder, Eriokanmi and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.