Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:21 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2250205 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ah! it is time to apply for that Canadian visa! congratulations!

gratefularewa:
Hello House i got my passport today and i was given four years multiple entry visa God is amazing His mercies endures forever. I applied on 13th March 2017 (paper route) and i got the visa on 26th April 2017. I submitted employment letter, Leave letter, 3 month payslips (i earn 150k monthly) statement of account with 1.6 million balance, flight itinerary for USA (i have a valid US Visa) letter of invitation from my cousin (i'm traveling for her wedding in June), Statement of Purpose. I'm speechless and i pray that everyone waiting for TRV will get Visa by God's grace you will be favoured.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vcole: 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hi y'all. My mom's visa was issued and passport collected today. Applied via paper route @ vfs Lagos on March 14th.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by demmysoft: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
overlord77:

Looks dubious if you ask me
ok, l guess as much

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 10:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
A hotel in a western country that is not indexed on TripAdvisor or any other major hotel and tourism directories.....wayo way wayo. See the crappy logo on the website sef.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2017
SamReinvented:

Hello, kindly list out the documents you submitted for the second application. Or were they the same with the first one? If yes, what is the closing balance of your statement of account and that of your brother? You didn't state it in your post.
Yea, same documents
Balance was way lower the second time (150k+) but I had funding from the conference organizers; $1100. I was just favoured to I have gotten the visa..
it wasn't​ the typical good application..

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hello all, please I want to find out if anyone here has tried applying for Student visa while a TRV application is in progress. My sister and her family applied for TRV, then two weeks after, she received a letter of admission to a School in Calgary, but she doesn't know the right steps to take. Please advise. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Everest1989(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
an agent said he will get a 2year Canadian work permit visa for me...Although I have not make any payment; he said is when the visa is out and confirmed...but I got to pay the mandatory visa application fee...my question is: does anything like 2year Canadian visa exist?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
You are about to be scammed! Run!
It is the Canadian embassy that determines the length of your visa, not anyone else.

Everest1989:
an agent said he will get a 2year Canadian work permit visa for me...Although I have not make any payment; he said is when the visa is out and confirmed...but I got to pay the mandatory visa application fee...my question is: does anything like 2year Canadian visa exist?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Everest1989(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
It is the Canadian embassy that determines the length of your visa, not anyone else.

thanks man...really appreciate...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Everest1989(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

I sent you a message...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2017
ladylco:

So what are you waiting for to go pick up your passport?

Can we know the outcome of your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
I dont have access to that mail. Why dont you ask your questions here, while removing any personal information?.

Everest1989:

I sent you a message...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 12:43am On Apr 29, 2017
Just got PPR!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Everest1989(m): 6:56am On Apr 29, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I dont have access to that mail. Why dont you ask your questions here, while removing any personal information?.

please if I enter Canada with visiting visa, how could I change it to PR...? is just a question...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pls help me with this. Thanks

Meggito:
Hello all, please I want to find out if anyone here has tried applying for Student visa while a TRV application is in progress. My sister and her family applied for TRV, then two weeks after, she received a letter of admission to a School in Calgary, but she doesn't know the right steps to take. Please advise. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
I appreciate your sincerity. And I understand that if the country was in a better shape, you won't have to be committing an immigration felony. That being said, I think there is a pathway, I am not so sure but that's where you have to do your own research. I would just recommend going direct for a PR instead. You don't know if the laws might change. I know a neighbour that went to the US hoping to stay illegally, only for Donald Trump to be elected and she's back to Nigeria out of fear. So is it really worth it, being at the mercy of any government in power?

Everest1989:

please if I enter Canada with visiting visa, how could I change it to PR...? is just a question...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Everest1989(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I appreciate your sincerity. And I understand that if the country was in a better shape, you won't have to be committing an immigration felony. That being said, I think there is a pathway, I am not so sure but that's where you have to do your own research. I would just recommend going direct for a PR instead. You don't know if the laws might change. I know a neighbour that went to the US hoping to stay illegally, only for Donald Trump to be elected and she's back to Nigeria out of fear. So is it really worth it, being at the mercy of any government in power?

okay... thanks...just that I don't have any skill ...if not, I would have gone for the PR...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Meggito:
Which is of priority to her? Study or visit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
Everest1989:
It is nothing but a SCAM
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2017
Everest1989:

It is a difficult task but it is not impossible. Your options will be
1. Through marriage to a Canadian citizen/PR
2. You can also claim asylum if you have good reason

It is difficult but you can do it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 10:43am On Apr 30, 2017
Thanks @jayfierce She definitely wants to go to school , but she doesn't know if submitting another application for study permit will affect the already submitted TRV application........ And also, would she have to submit a new application with biometrics?

jayfierce:
Which is of priority to her? Study or visit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Meggito:
Thanks @jayfierce She definitely wants to go to school , but she doesn't know if submitting another application for study permit will affect the already submitted TRV application........ And also, would she have to submit a new application with biometrics?

Both are TRV's and I've not seen anywhere online where you can apply for two TRV's simultaneously as it applies to her case.

She could try to defer her admission and wait the outcome of the visitors Visa application. She can later apply for study permit.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Everest1989(m): 9:05am On May 01, 2017
travelpoint:
It is a difficult task but it is not impossible. Your options will be 1. Through marriage to a Canadian citizen/PR 2. You can also claim asylum if you have good reason
It is difficult but you can do it.
thanks...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 12:37pm On May 01, 2017
Oh, thanks a lot..

jayfierce:
Both are TRV's and I've not seen anywhere online where you can apply for two TRV's simultaneously as it applies to her case.

She could try to defer her admission and wait the outcome of the visitors Visa application. She can later apply for study permit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (1072) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: omtos, mojisolani and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.