Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:48 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2250400 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:15am On May 15, 2017
fredfrank02:
@ jawa pls i get a link so i could apply for the GCSM. I was denied earlier dis year, and i wanted to strt another application, so i think I'll first strt by knowing why i was denied the first time. Tnx Boss

Dear fredfrank02, sorry for the refusal. Its a good thing you're not rushing. Take your time, its the way to go. The way i know an applicant can apply for GCMS notes is online. Create a cic account and if possible, link your application with it. In your account you should be able to apply for these notes and input the required information so your file can be easily tracked by an agent. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 5:27am On May 15, 2017
dotcomnamename:

You got my point wrongly. Read my post again. Now read below again.

MY POINT IS: ''Whether you have traveled outside your home country before or not, if you have been refused a US visit visa before it does not mean Canada will also refuse you visit visa. The same thing applies to Canada. If you have been refused Canadian visa before it does not mean US will refuse you visa. As long as VO is satisfied with your application your visa will be approved. Many people have been refused US visa and got Canada visa while many have been refused Canada and still got US visa. There no doubt in this. That is my point. Is that simple?

Hi. Nothing is definite in visa applications as each is different. Satisfying a VO is not personal, it means overcoming an immigrant intent according to the law. Not traveling outside an applicant's home country is not a crime neither is being refused by an embassy but both are being considered by a VO in an application. Why do visa applications request for this information? They can easily access it anyway and VOs dish out misrepresentation penalties if an applicant lies about prior refusals. A US visa applicant once shared that after his practices for his interview, the first question the VO asked was 'why did the italians deny you visa? And you believe this doesn't matter? The people you believe overcame this probably had their refusal issues addressed sometimes without knowing. Especially if you were refused for misrepresenting, it is a big deal and even if a visa was issued, it can very easily be cancelled sometimes without prior notice. My opinion always.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by stjsd(m): 8:05am On May 15, 2017
Jawa:

Hi stjsd, we were all novices on our first trip. However, not having enough money is one of the fastest ways a visitor can be repatriated. How would you leave your home country to a land over 10000km half way across the world and plan not to have money with you?
How much money do you have with you? And how long are you staying? Are typical border patrol questions and this will help an immigration officer make a quick estimate of whether you have enough money or not especially if you're a first time visitor and dont have a host or relative you're visiting. But be careful, dont say you have no one in your application and show up at border and say you do. These visas are MRVs hence the border agents can easily see the circumstances considered by the VO before issuing the visa. Your story has to always be the same thats why you should always be honest. The last thing you want to hear from an immigration officer is 'please step aside sir/maam', it means 'your problems begin now'.
How much money is expected of you would greatly depend on what province you're staying and for how long. Budget $100 per day and thats USD and have it handy not in a palastic. Best of luck.
Bless u bro. Thanks,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 10:41am On May 15, 2017
Jawa

You are the super man

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 11:09am On May 15, 2017
Jawa:

Hi. Nothing is definite in visa applications as each is different. Satisfying a VO is not personal, it means overcoming an immigrant intent according to the law. Not traveling outside an applicant's home country is not a crime neither is being refused by an embassy but both are being considered by a VO in an application. . Did you see visa is definite in my post? Smh. I don't understand what you are trying to do by saying that. Yes they can be considered but how come millions of applicants still got their visas without stepping their foots outside their home country? wink. Many testimonies are even on nairaland here.

Why do visa applications request for this information? They can easily access it anyway and VOs dish out misrepresentation penalties if an applicant lies about prior refusals. Nobody ever argue that with you. Canadian High Commission having access to applicant's information with US consulate is a normal agreement thing, in fighting and preventing fraudulent behaviours. The main purpose of that is not to refuse Canadian Visa applicants that was refused US visa, N O, NO! All they want is honesty / law abiding applicants.

A US visa applicant once shared that after his practices for his interview, the first question the VO asked was 'why did the italians deny you visa? And you believe this doesn't matter? . Yes they may ask that on their discretion and the applicant should tell them the truth, yes the applicant can still be refused even after telling the truth, however, it does not mean that the applicant will never get a visa from the same embassy or another embassy of the same country he intend to travel to. You need to understand this and merge it with your impression on this maybe you will understand my point.

The people you believe overcame this probably had their refusal issues addressed sometimes without knowing. Especially if you were refused for misrepresenting, it is a big deal and even if a visa was issued, it can very easily be cancelled sometimes without prior notice. My opinion always. Where you there when those people have their previous refusal issues addressed and got their visa? Obviously you are not there, so that assumption is unnecessary. Many visa applications have been refused by US embassy and still got their Canadian visas, while many Canadian visa applications have been refused and they still got their US visas. Many applicants have also been refused US or Canadian visa two to three times and still got the same visa.

Now let me make my point clear to you again before you change it again: ''Being refused a visa by another country does not mean another country can not still give you a visa''. They MAY not give you, but they CAN still give you. I see no difference between your point and mine. good morning. I give up.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 2:34pm On May 15, 2017
Lol. No matter the section, Nairaland will always be Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceee: 10:58pm On May 15, 2017
Please house cc :Jawa
There was a mistake on the application submitted online with the gender of the applicant. instead of MALE, the applicant wrote female on the IMM 5257 E.
The biometrics letter came out and he noticed the mistate.
Please will he be allowed into the Visa application centre to have his biometrics teken with the mistakes on the letter and or should he resubmit a fresh online application corecting the mistate??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PlOOT: 11:15pm On May 15, 2017
Hello All. Please am new to this page. I am submitting my application this week. Please i had my daughter in the USA, is it ok for me to add her to my trip. I want to travel to canada with her on holiday. I was wondering if it will be an issue that my baby has a blue passport with a US visiting visa. Will it affect my application? Bearing into considetation that i had stated her country of birth as US. Do i still need to add her page so they no she doesnt need a canada visa. Kindly help please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyirene: 11:31pm On May 15, 2017
Chelda:

Hi,
Sorry i'm just noticing your message now and so sorry you were rejected this time. sad

So i actually wrote a letter of explanation where i introduced myself properly, explained how important it is that i got the visa and it's impact to my family, then explained the reasons for my lack of travel history, i [b]garnished [/b]the real reasons in my submission so it was easy to relate with and believe, you know even these people like packaging because want to believe that you'll return to Nigeria.

Anyway let me give you a quote of my explanation with regards to travel history:
"My travel History is quite short and straightforward because I have never traveled anywhere outside Nigeria before even though I have always wanted to travel the world but my really tight work schedule (as I am the principal officer, managing the Legal department of our Port Harcourt office) has always been challenging".

That is all. It might not be entirely the truth.... wink but it is good enough to get the result. grin

pls dear, can you send me a format of letter of introduction..some of us are not so good with writing letters. my email address is chidimairene@gmail.com thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyirene: 9:08am On May 16, 2017
@aweleti I sent you a pm. I have been trying to reach you but unfortunately the mail keeps returning. it's about my Canadian visa. can you please reply me.thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 10:20am On May 16, 2017
prettyirene:
pls dear, can you send me a format of letter of introduction..some of us are not so good with writing letters. my email address is chidimairene@gmail.com thanks
Hi Irene,

Its done

Goodluck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyirene: 11:27am On May 16, 2017
Chelda:
Hi Irene,
Its done
Goodluck!
thanks dear God bless you..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MineMK(f): 1:09pm On May 16, 2017
Great people. I am here to testify. God has done it for us. Remember the Bible says for the vision is for an appointed time. Though it tarry wait for it.. it will come and not tarry. God has favoured us in these our month of favour. Remember i told you i have an appeal going on for my resident permit? We were given an ADR option (we were so happy cos this is like a short cut) we were later given date for tge ADR Interview.Hubby attended the interview yesterday (I was praying all thru.crying to for favour) and guess what? We were approved grin grin wink grin. I am so excited. Finally i can live happily with my husband.
@awelekiti @bigfido @jayfierceand everyone appreciate Hod with me.

And i pray for every1 looking for same testimony God will give it to u cheaply in Jesus name.

Thank you thank you guyssss!!!!

MineMK:
Hello House,

Please i need advise as to which way forward. I am new here. Pls help a sister. My story- i applied for a spousal visa June 2015. Along the line it was taking son long and needed to see my husband so we decided to put in visiting visa thru online application (WE STATED THAT WE HAVE A SPOUSAL VISA ON GOING) . I was called for an interview in July 2016 and for no reason the lady I met refused me. It was devastating staying all alone without my husband. Anyway Hubby sent a notice of appeal and we are on that.
I read online that I can visit my husband while they continue with the spousal visa, (reason why we put in visiting visa in the first place). The Visiting Visa I put in was since May 19th 2016. Up till now I haven't heard from them. I sent a reminder to them they responded ""Your application is on queue for processing"" over a month ago. I sent them a reminder again 5days back till now no response. I pray miracle happens oh. I need to see my husband for heaven sake. Please I need your response. What should i do again? also please I don't mind if you can direct me to a thread for CANADA spousal visa on NL if there's any. Bless u people of God.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2017
Congrats MineMK!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MineMK(f): 3:38pm On May 16, 2017
jayfierce:
Congrats MineMK!

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 16, 2017
MineMK:
Great people. I am here to testify. God has done it for us. Remember the Bible says for the vision is for an appointed time. Though it tarry wait for it.. it will come and not tarry. God has favoured us in these our month of favour. Remember i told you i have an appeal going on for my resident permit? We were given an ADR option (we were so happy cos this is like a short cut) we were later given date for tge ADR Interview.Hubby attended the interview yesterday (I was praying all thru.crying to for favour) and guess what? We were approved grin grin wink grin. I am so excited. Finally i can live happily with my husband.
@awelekiti @bigfido @jayfierceand everyone appreciate Hod with me.

And i pray for every1 looking for same testimony God will give it to u cheaply in Jesus name.

Thank you thank you guyssss!!!!

I congratulate you sis. I remember your story very well. Yea, the book of habakuk 2:3 which you quoted has always been my watchword and psalm 113 vs7-8 cos they reflect the true personality and background of mine. sorry for being religious here, lol. After all, na you first start am grin. I'm so happy for you. Now you can meet your hubby. It's not easy. I wish you the very best.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:23pm On May 16, 2017
PlOOT:
Hello All. Please am new to this page. I am submitting my application this week. Please i had my daughter in the USA, is it ok for me to add her to my trip. I want to travel to canada with her on holiday. I was wondering if it will be an issue that my baby has a blue passport with a US visiting visa. Will it affect my application? Bearing into considetation that i had stated her country of birth as US. Do i still need to add her page so they no she doesnt need a canada visa. Kindly help please?

Dear PlOOT, please note that the scenario painted is not clear. are you a single mother? because if you are, your baby is a significant tie back home and traveling with her puts a greater burden on you to overcome. after birth, i hope you took no government grants in the US and have cleared your payments. the onus is always on an applicant to convince the VO that this is a temporary visit. as an adult, you have to individually qualify for a visa. your baby is a minor and by virtue of birth in the US, is already qualified to travel to canada without a visa and stay for up to 180 days and the Canadian VO knows this. my take is, should you decide to include her in your application(always go with your gut and have reasons for it), please do include her passport data page as an applicant is always advised to be upfront with information, anything you think might count and make adjudication easier for the VO. write a convincing letter of explanation explaining your economic and social ties in Nigeria and bear in mind that this letter carries little or no weight without documented evidence to back it up. point out to the VO reasons you must have to come home and make it clear you don't intend to be a de-facto resident(i assume you still have a valid US visa).VOs , from my little experience, are swayed easier when you point out their concerns yourself and address them convincingly.
Best of Luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:26pm On May 16, 2017
Graceee:
There was a mistake on the application submitted online with the gender of the applicant. instead of MALE, the applicant wrote female on the IMM 5257 E.
Please will he be allowed into the Visa application centre to have his biometrics teken with the mistakes on the letter and or should he resubmit a fresh online application corecting the mistate??

Dear Graceee, i am honestly not sure about this one. i guess the applicant might have to visit and sort out this one on their own or send an email to accra and lagos offices pointing this out but i guess that may be late as the biometric letter is already out. this is not a deal breaker. have some faith.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 6:57pm On May 16, 2017
Graceee:

Send an email to them quoting your number and details. They will respond when it is done. There is a page for contacting the embassy on their website. Use it to contact them as well.

I had this issue when I assisted my MD. I nearly had a heart attack. I put female instead of male and I had paid!!!

He used the biometrics letter like that. He didn't even notice but ensure u let d embassy update the application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyirene: 7:18pm On May 16, 2017
pls expert in the house, I want to apply for Canadian visa to see a cousin of mine who just gave birth. I couldn't attend her wedding. but prior to this, I have started express entry and registered my data in the Canadian immigration website. I could not continue the process as I don't have ielts and my degree has not been accessed by Wes so I didn't meet up the minimum point. my question is this , will this hinder my chances of getting a visiting visa.please expert in the house kindly respond. Thanks and God bless
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:46pm On May 16, 2017
prettyirene:
pls expert in the house, I want to apply for Canadian visa to see a cousin of mine who just gave birth. I couldn't attend her wedding. but prior to this, I have started express entry and registered my data in the Canadian immigration website. I could not continue the process as I don't have ielts and my degree has not been accessed by Wes so I didn't meet up the minimum point. my question is this , will this hinder my chances of getting a visiting visa.please expert in the house kindly respond. Thanks and God bless

Yes it will, most definitely! Greater burden to overcome (a confirmed intending immigrant) even your POV (purpose of visit) isn't convincing. Sorry, I'm not been mean, just telling it as it is....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyirene: 8:09pm On May 16, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yes it will, most definitely! Greater burden to overcome (a confirmed intending immigrant) even your POV (purpose of visit) isn't convincing. Sorry, I'm not been mean, just telling it as it is....
Thanks I appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prettyirene: 8:17pm On May 16, 2017
prettyirene:

Thanks I appreciate
sir pls is there anything I can do. honestly I'm not interested in migrating anymore.. I'm comfortable here I just want to be traveling in and out cos I heard it's not so easy over there. I have friends who want to come back home if they can get a good job. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PlOOT: 12:00am On May 17, 2017
Jawa:

Dear PlOOT, please note that the scenario painted is not clear. are you a single mother? because if you are, your baby is a significant tie back home and traveling with her puts a greater burden on you to overcome. after birth, i hope you took no government grants in the US and have cleared your payments. the onus is always on an applicant to convince the VO that this is a temporary visit. as an adult, you have to individually qualify for a visa. your baby is a minor and by virtue of birth in the US, is already qualified to travel to canada without a visa and stay for up to 180 days and the Canadian VO knows this. my take is, should you decide to include her in your application(always go with your gut and have reasons for it), please do include her passport data page as an applicant is always advised to be upfront with information, anything you think might count and make adjudication easier for the VO. write a convincing letter of explanation explaining your economic and social ties in Nigeria and bear in mind that this letter carries little or no weight without documented evidence to back it up. point out to the VO reasons you must have to come home and make it clear you don't intend to be a de-facto resident(i assume you still have a valid US visa).VOs , from my little experience, are swayed easier when you point out their concerns yourself and address them convincingly.
Best of Luck.

Thank you Jawa, I am actually married with 2 kids born in US. I am only going with one of my kid. I have attached my marriage certificate. I have also detailed that i just want a 7days holiday with my older daughter who will be on holiday in august, and that we will be going to UK to visit my bro from canada as i still have only a valid 5yr uk visa on my passport. I also attached my work document. I hope that sufficient.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:59am On May 17, 2017
PlOOT:

Thank you Jawa, I am actually married with 2 kids born in US. I am only going with one of my kid. I have attached my marriage certificate. I have also detailed that i just want a 7days holiday with my older daughter who will be on holiday in august, and that we will be going to UK to visit my bro from canada as i still have only a valid 5yr uk visa on my passport. I also attached my work document. I hope that sufficient.

What is your relationship with the US currently as an individual? Quite key you know! Also, got their valid visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:02am On May 17, 2017
prettyirene:

sir pls is there anything I can do. honestly I'm not interested in migrating anymore.. I'm comfortable here I just want to be traveling in and out cos I heard it's not so easy over there. I have friends who want to come back home if they can get a good job. thanks

Huge hurdle.... Just give it a shot, everything is possible all the same! Whatever you do, don't jeopardize your Express Entry/future Immigrant Visa chances.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 8:08am On May 17, 2017
prettyirene:

My dear Irene,

Not being eligible for express entry does not affect your visitor visa application (if you're eligible for a visitor visa), I experienced it myself. Just stick with packaging a very good application, put ALL information and documents necessary. Please do not leave anything out, write a very convincing letter of explanation and package your documents well.
TWO important things: 1.) show the close relationship with your cousin, ask her to send you an invitation letter and do same to their email too(they'll read it), family photos that include you and her is important. And the importance of the visit at the time in your application.
2.) Show why it is so important that you return to Nigeria immediately after the visit.

VOs can detect some sincerity or lies in an applicant's package.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:32am On May 17, 2017
prettyirene:
@aweleti I sent you a pm. I have been trying to reach you but unfortunately the mail keeps returning. it's about my Canadian visa. can you please reply me. thanks
Sorry about that. Na firewall cause am grin. Incoming emails are always filtered for security reasons. Please is it something you can throw open here? We've got gurus here who are always willing to help. You're anonymous, just the same way every other member is so, whatever information shared won't implicate or affect you in any way. Rather, it will enable others in your shoes learn. Please can you share your thoughts or experience here? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:52am On May 17, 2017
prettyirene:

since you had a comfortable job here and you're reconsidering your decision to migrate, I'd say congratulations! Please keep your job and pray God sustains you on every side. No place like naija, I can say it a million times. If only our people who throng the west in search of greener pastures could seek opportunities here, naija is the best place to live on the planet earth. I was in ordinary cotonou recently to meet with their ministry of health on referral by our foreign partners cos no rep is covering that side, only rice and canned food are cheap there. A bottle of plastic coke outside the hotel cost more than 200 naira, what I could get for less than 120 naira at shoprite, ikeja. Fuel is over 200 naira/litre. Coincidentally, one of the key staff I the ministry, who was celebrating his birthday invited me for a dinner. I told myself I'd surprise this man with a gift. I now went to a shop to get the biggest size of amarula, a replica of baileys, I bought it for 5,000 naira, after converting cefa to naira. In shoprite here, it's 2,999.99 naira. If you've not really travelled out of your shores, you won't realise the difference. The best bet is go( if it's a must), enjoy your money on vacation and come back.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MineMK(f): 4:07pm On May 17, 2017
awelekiti:
I congratulate you sis. I remember your story very well. Yea, the book of habakuk 2:3 which you quoted has always been my watchword and psalm 113 vs7-8 cos they reflect the true personality and background of mine. sorry for being religious here, lol. After all, na you first start am grin. I'm so happy for you. Now you can meet your hubby. It's not easy. I wish you the very best.

Bless you brotherly. Thank you grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (1072) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Agbo2014 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.